Deleted

Help me with our raid rogue

Hello!
    I'm RL of our raid team and I'd like to ask for help. We have rogue in raid who have highest ilvl from our raid but his DPS is not so high so I think he must be doing something wrong. I checked other guild logs and rogues with his gear are able to pull much more. Please could anyone look on our guild logs and tell me whats up with him? He told me he's aware that his DPS is not OK but he don't know how to improve.

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/11155 - I think most accurate are last 2 logs (Mo and Thu).
    Armory: Ripperius - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pperius/simple

Thanks in advance!

I only did a quick glance, but he should be Combat on Hanz and Franz. His SnD uptime is also very bad as combat. Subt SnD seems fine, but combat is a huge issue.

New guild but kept same sig [cares- Kel'Thuzad]
    http://www.twitch.tv/undr_score

Deleted
    Just checking Hanz & Franz, he should be playing combat however with 684~ ilvl he shouldn't be pulling that kind of DPS, His DPS from the opening, especially with BL seems rather low, he could be doing his rotation wrong? Ask him how he opens, should look like this.

Premed -> SND before pull, Ambush -> Ambush -> Ambush -> Rupture -> Hemo -> SD & SR > Normal rotation. His uptime on SND seems rather low as well, hovering between 70-80%, should be high 90's.

He logged out with a mace in main hand and a dagger in off hand. This should never be done in combat or in sub. For combat single target should have two slow weapons. For combat aoe dagger main hand slow off hand. This is for two reasons. Dagger will allow for more poisons procs with blade flurry on, and mastery main gauche is not normalized for weapon speed so off hand needs to have higher damage, not dps. For sub, dagger dagger is optimal, but dagger/slow is pretty good too.

I'm on my phone, so I can see enchants right now, but he needs to be multistrike everything. Especially weapon enchants. Also his trinkets are less than ideal for sub. Beating heart off kromog, and scales of doom off butcher are quite good because of multistrike. Blackhand agility/crit trinket is fantastic too. I can't see how upgraded his alchemy stone is, but unless it is 3/4 or higher, it's less than ideal.

Also, he should line up his second pot with dance AND reflection. He lined it up with a non-reflection dance. Find weakness time is a little low considering he is subterfuge for t15 talent. And he also didn't cast his last vanish which came off cd about 25 seconds before the boss died.

I'm 683, our guild killed gruul at 4:35, and I did 40.5k dps.
    Last edited by Athonel; 2015-03-21 at 08:18 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks guys for you insight just to add - he told me that he have to switch between combat and sub and both spec have different stat weights and he doesn't have 2 gear sets. I can understand that he could be low on one fight (for example grull) but have to excel on aoe fights (like Hans).
    Right now hes using following specs
    grul sub, oregorg sub, franzok combat, flamebender sub, kromog combat, operator combat and beastlord combat.
    I checked log on hans and his opener was:
    prepot
    garrotte
    shadow refle
    ambush
    rupture
    shadow dance
    ambus
    ambush
    evis
    ambush
    ambush
    rupture
    3x ambush
    hemorrhage
    snd
    hemorrhage
    I don't have rogue so I'm not sure if this is OK or not. I know this guy for 3 years and I really want help him to improve because everyone in raid is getting frustrated :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jirkamcz View Post
    Thanks guys for you insight just to add - he told me that he have to switch between combat and sub and both spec have different stat weights and he doesn't have 2 gear sets. I can understand that he could be low on one fight (for example grull) but have to excel on aoe fights (like Hans).
    Right now hes using following specs
    grul sub, oregorg sub, franzok combat, flamebender sub, kromog combat, operator combat and beastlord combat.
    I checked log on hans and his opener was:
    prepot
    garrotte
    shadow refle
    ambush
    rupture
    shadow dance
    ambus
    ambush
    evis
    ambush
    ambush
    rupture
    3x ambush
    hemorrhage
    snd
    hemorrhage
    I don't have rogue so I'm not sure if this is OK or not. I know this guy for 3 years and I really want help him to improve because everyone in raid is getting frustrated :-)
    Stat weights are not an issue if you are switching between Sub/Combat. While Haste is better for Combatsingle-target, Multistrike pulls ahead on Cleave Dps which is when you should be using Combat anyways. While there are a few small instances where this isn't quite optimal (dagger/KS sets for Combat cleave), the difference isn't enough to warrant the poor DPS.
    How did the proto-plankton solve the math problem?

"Algae"-braically of course!
    All proceeds/awards/hate-mail for avatar go to Michael Vega and his character Jam!

Yep. Multistrike for sub single target and combat cleave.

Deleted
    Thanks guys for your feedback.
    From your replies i extraced this info:
    1) I'll ask him to reenchant and regem everything to multistrike.
    2) Tell him to use combat: dagger(MH)/mace(off) on cleave, mace/mace (switch when no adds up). As sub - dagger/dagger or dagger/mace (not sure if he have 2 685 daggers)
    3) Rotation problems - SND low uptime, poor CD usage, opener problém (please could you point me to sime site where can I check sub and combat opener?)

Any other thoughts?

The opener you posted is quite correct, some slight adjustments can be made but won't affect a huge portion of his DPS. After his dance he does hemorr but an additional vanish is usually used after the shadow dance. (A secound vanish may also be possible after this, depending on your raid dps, phase trigger and tactics)

2) The dicussion about MH Dagger / slow OH is quite active on the forums and for two targets the common answer was slow / slow for max dps? correct me if I'm wrong.
    Additonal reading can be found in the simcraft topic: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...for-WoD/page88

For his sub performance keep in mind that his multistrike is insanely low (13% as of writing this post) so the sub opener and overall dps would be heavily affected by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinthanor View Post
    For his sub performance keep in mind that his multistrike is insanely low (13% as of writing this post) so the sub opener and overall dps would be heavily affected by it.
    This is very important. My multistrike is ~25% before any buffs or procs. It gets to about 90% with trinkets and weapon enchants. This makes rupture fall off very quickly. A 24 second rupture can fall off in less than 10 seconds if you get good multistrike procs on backstab or ambush. He absolutely needs to have something (Tell me when or weakauras are preferred) to track slice and dice, rupture, find weakness, and shadowdance just to cover the very basics. If he is not actively tracking these things with an addon (not just looking at the buff/debuffs on target...that's highly inefficient, and he will miss things) then he is not going to perform well. Sub is a complicated spec that needs constant monitoring of several cooldowns.