10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I've found it to be a decent alternative/complementary game to FF14 since that game is in one of it dry spells, which is common with any patch that ends with an odd number (x.1, x.3, etc.). Both games will have major patches coming up in the coming weeks, so choosing which one to focus on will be tough...and that's a good problem to have, imo.
    Play one that is the most stable in patch.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The gameplay is meh. I agree on that. It's also not particularly punishing though so you really can just explore the world and see all the stories. And that questing experience is pretty amazing and also quite massive.
    I wouldn't replace another MMO with ESO. I'd think of it as a very large CRPG.
    Maybe will just then play for stories and unninstal. Damn shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I took a break from WoW during WoD. I think I played about 10-12 hours per week ESO for four months until I finished the story content. And there is at least an extra month of content added since I did that. So I don't see the shame For your money's worth, it's an untold bargain.
    Shame because feeling is still meh and would love to play ES MMO.

Deleted
    I havent really played this game since a few months after initial release, but can someone tell me did they make some changes to scaling at low level?

Im level 5 now with basically the rags you start in and i have nearly 20k health and i can easily take a bunch of enemies at once, am i wrong in remembering the game was a bit more punishing before?

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    I havent really played this game since a few months after initial release, but can someone tell me did they make some changes to scaling at low level?

Im level 5 now with basically the rags you start in and i have nearly 20k health and i can easily take a bunch of enemies at once, am i wrong in remembering the game was a bit more punishing before?
    Yes, you're basically scaled to max level, as is everything in the world. The goal was to remove level limitations and allow players to quest almost anywhere they want at any time. Faction barriers for grouping were dropped as well.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ate/onetamriel

You still gain power as you get more skills/morph them/get champion points/gear etc., but everything still gets scaled so that all content remains largely "relevant" regardless of where it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yes, you're basically scaled to max level, as is everything in the world. The goal was to remove level limitations and allow players to quest almost anywhere they want at any time. Faction barriers for grouping were dropped as well.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ate/onetamriel

You still gain power as you get more skills/morph them/get champion points/gear etc., but everything still gets scaled so that all content remains largely "relevant" regardless of where it is.
    Oh neat, didn't know i could chose which zones to go to now. I was kind of getting bored of doing the starter zone for the 100th time, but instead i just fast travelled straight to Orsinium since i'd never been there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished with dominion 4 areas...that took forever. (and still gota finish main story)
    I wonder where to go next (exept coldharbor).

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Daedric_Princes
    Those type of quests are best in this game tho.

I wonder if Jyggalag (since he is Sheogorath) will be ever in this game. Maybe in some later updates.

He is already in the game, Mages' Guild questline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    He is already in the game, Mages' Guild questline.
    Well i mean his other ego Jyggalag. If they will add some questline like this when you see him turn into him.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well i mean his other ego Jyggalag. If they will add some questline like this when you see him turn into him.
    Unless we're going into the Shivering Isles, i doubt we will see him being sane, since he isnt leaving the Isles while he is Jyggalag.
    Other option is that they make the whole questline where the Daedra Council is plotting against him to make him the dual personality he has become, but to what end? The fact that he is Jyggalag was revealed in Oblivion, and current ESO timeline is well before that, so i don't know if it would make sense at all.

Sheogorath is easily one of my favorite characters in this game.

So being subbed for the game over the past week and logging on each day, I got the 6 “free” crown crates and managed to luck up and get the flame atronach camel mount. Won’t get me to buy more of those crates, though...they’re 4-5 USD a pop. Fuck that.

I suppose they are a decent idea for long time subscribers who already have all the other stuff they want from the crown store.

So being subbed for the game over the past week and logging on each day, I got the 6 “free” crown crates and managed to luck up and get the flame atronach camel mount. Won’t get me to buy more of those crates, though...they’re 4-5 USD a pop. Fuck that.

I suppose they are a decent idea for long time subscribers who already have all the other stuff they want from the crown store.
    It's a mixture of a perk to keep subs happy, an incentive for non-subs to sub up, and getting subs more familiar/comfortable with opening lockboxes to motivate them to purchase more. Obviously it doesn't work on everyone, but they've done this kind of thing many times before and I guess given the fact that they're still running these events they're a pretty successful player retention/winback and monetization tool.

honestly, since they bring back retired outfits/mounts/pets in these crates along with couple of new things, I see them as means to catch up on some of the pretties that i missed out on buying. but.. I'm also perfectly content to do without apex mounts and just spend gems from dupes on things I want, in case they didn't drop directly. been working pretty well so far.

still

addition of radiant apex rewards was a shitty predatory move IMO. I wish they would stop with those already and make everything buyable with gems, like during fist crate season.

It's a mixture of a perk to keep subs happy, an incentive for non-subs to sub up, and getting subs more familiar/comfortable with opening lockboxes to motivate them to purchase more. Obviously it doesn't work on everyone, but they've done this kind of thing many times before and I guess given the fact that they're still running these events they're a pretty successful player retention/winback and monetization tool.
    Right; I'm just not a fan of the lootbox concept being in games where 1. There's already a cash shop and 2. You have to (or are strongly encouraged to) pay a sub fee. I recall mountains of backlash with Guild Wars 2 over a very similar thing, where all the neat fancy mounts (or their skins) were only available via chance courtesy of loot boxes. I'm too new to this game to know if such a backlash ever occurred at any point.

Right; I'm just not a fan of the lootbox concept being in games where 1. There's already a cash shop and 2. You have to (or are strongly encouraged to) pay a sub fee. I recall mountains of backlash with Guild Wars 2 over a very similar thing, where all the neat fancy mounts (or their skins) were only available via chance courtesy of loot boxes. I'm too new to this game to know if such a backlash ever occurred at any point.
    I'm no lockbox fan myself, but they're not so bad in ESO given that you get 1500 crowns a month as a sub to drop on cosmetics and whatever. You don't need to buy lockboxes if you don't want to, I sure never have.

GW2 was a bit different with its mount lockbox issue, but that's a topic for the GW2 forums. ESO still provides plenty of direct-purchase mounts/costumes etc. in addition to their lockboxes, and lockboxes are sadly usually the biggest revenue generator for developers.

As for a big backlash...not really. There was one when they were first introduced, but since then I'm unaware of any. ZMO seems to have largely handled monetization/lockboxes pretty well so far from what I've seen, about as fairly as one can reasonably hope from a developer. But I'm not deep into the community so I may have very well missed some big blow ups over the years.

I'm no lockbox fan myself, but they're not so bad in ESO given that you get 1500 crowns a month as a sub to drop on cosmetics and whatever. You don't need to buy lockboxes if you don't want to, I sure never have.

GW2 was a bit different with its mount lockbox issue, but that's a topic for the GW2 forums. ESO still provides plenty of direct-purchase mounts/costumes etc. in addition to their lockboxes, and lockboxes are sadly usually the biggest revenue generator for developers.

As for a big backlash...not really. There was one when they were first introduced, but since then I'm unaware of any. ZMO seems to have largely handled monetization/lockboxes pretty well so far from what I've seen, about as fairly as one can reasonably hope from a developer. But I'm not deep into the community so I may have very well missed some big blow ups over the years.
    Lootboxes have no place in ESO.

Eso is - b2p game with cash shop, sub, dlc and expansions. Then there are lootboxes on top. Its like, hey, lets put EVERYTHING we can to monetize this shit.
    This is really bad, and should be rightfully called out. Especially their item shop is pretty invasive with window pop up from time to time to show "new and exciting stuff".

To paraphrase Jim Sterling "You are telling me youve taken one of the most beloved by gamers franchise, Elder Scrolls and you dont make the end if you dont monetize the shit with it, with invasive microtransactions and lootboxes? Well then, maybe you should stop making games".

But hey, why make some money when you can make all the money. And you dont even get backlash...

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Lootboxes have no place in ESO.

Eso is - b2p game with cash shop, sub, dlc and expansions. Then there are lootboxes on top. Its like, hey, lets put EVERYTHING we can to monetize this shit.
    This is really bad, and should be rightfully called out. Especially their item shop is pretty invasive with window pop up from time to time to show "new and exciting stuff".

To paraphrase Jim Sterling "You are telling me youve taken one of the most beloved by gamers franchise, Elder Scrolls and you dont make the end if you dont monetize the shit with it, with invasive microtransactions and lootboxes? Well then, maybe you should stop making games".

But hey, why make some money when you can make all the money. And you dont even get backlash...
    Well yeah...diversify income sources. Stuff like box/DLC are one time purchases, they aren't for sustainable long-term revenue but rather for spikes around content drops. Cash shop generates revenue, but direct-purchase has regularly proven to be nowhere near as sustainably profitable as lockboxes have. Sub is sustainable revenue, but it also grants $15 in cash shop currency each month, so you're basically getting all the perks plus Crowns every month that you can spend on stuff in the cash shop for "free".

The "new and exciting" is only upon first login of the day at most, IIRC. I don't think I've ever noticed it more than that, and honestly that's pretty damn tame.

It's how they continue to be able to steadily create and release some pretty amazing content on a consistent basis. ESO has proven to be one of the better MMO's around, and they've had pretty rock-solid updates in terms of scope/quality/schedule for years. They're hardly phoning in their support just to milk users.

Again, I'm no fan of loot boxes, but they're an unfortunate reality of online gaming for most games that have longterm development needs - it's just too powerful of a steady revenue generating tool (primarily for whales that can afford to spend thousands/tens of thousands a month on them) to avoid if you're looking to maintain a healthy flow of revenue to ensure that you can do longterm planning without worrying about layoffs or restructuring.

Deleted
    Is there anyway i can bind the (`) key (the key to the left of 1) to weapon swap? It defaults it to ' which is really inconvenient and not really a hotkey. If i go to controls menu and press (`) nothing happens :/.

Well yeah...diversify income sources. Stuff like box/DLC are one time purchases, they aren't for sustainable long-term revenue but rather for spikes around content drops. Cash shop generates revenue, but direct-purchase has regularly proven to be nowhere near as sustainably profitable as lockboxes have. Sub is sustainable revenue, but it also grants $15 in cash shop currency each month, so you're basically getting all the perks plus Crowns every month that you can spend on stuff in the cash shop for "free".

The "new and exciting" is only upon first login of the day at most, IIRC. I don't think I've ever noticed it more than that, and honestly that's pretty damn tame.

It's how they continue to be able to steadily create and release some pretty amazing content on a consistent basis. ESO has proven to be one of the better MMO's around, and they've had pretty rock-solid updates in terms of scope/quality/schedule for years. They're hardly phoning in their support just to milk users.

Again, I'm no fan of loot boxes, but they're an unfortunate reality of online gaming for most games that have longterm development needs - it's just too powerful of a steady revenue generating tool (primarily for whales that can afford to spend thousands/tens of thousands a month on them) to avoid if you're looking to maintain a healthy flow of revenue to ensure that you can do longterm planning without worrying about layoffs or restructuring.
    Will repeat myself

Yeah, they should stop making games then. But we both know it is just excuse. They make those money because they can and not because they need to make it or they go broke.

Also, cash shop and lootboxes actually hurt non paying customers, who mind you still need to purchase the game. Because it is no f2p title but it uses f2p tactics to MILK playerbase. Neverwinter is making regular updates or DCUO for crying out loud. And DCUO actually give you full game with one sub.

There is only greed and not "player interest with regular content or we go broke".