1. #2321
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Yes, for people who have only base game it is far better deal than buying Morrowind separately.
    I simply dont believe that morrowind is given for free. Will wait and see after launch if the price drop after the pre order bonuses also drop.
    What do you mean? Morrowind was $40 at release stand alone IIRC, this is actually $10 cheaper already at $30 for the upgrade alone - which comes with the free Morrowind.

    The $40 option give you Summerset/Morrowind and the base game.

    It's literally free right now, and cheaper than Morrowind was when they released that. Why are you so determined view this as some nefarious, anti-consumer move?

  2. #2322
    The Unstoppable Force Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    21,612
    I bought the 30e digital upgrade pack which included Morrowind. Couldn't resist. I don't know when I have the time to play the game, but now I know it's there waiting!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

  3. #2323
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What do you mean? Morrowind was $40 at release stand alone IIRC, this is actually $10 cheaper already at $30 for the upgrade alone - which comes with the free Morrowind.

    The $40 option give you Summerset/Morrowind and the base game.

    It's literally free right now, and cheaper than Morrowind was when they released that. Why are you so determined view this as some nefarious, anti-consumer move?
    Do you not saw that i said it is great if somebody owns a base game?

    I dont see this as nefarious or anti consumer. I have no stakes in this because i probably wont ever buy Sumerset.
    Also, Zenimax is not really consumer friendly will all those monetization packed into game.

  4. #2324
    The Unstoppable Force Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    21,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Also, Zenimax is not really consumer friendly will all those monetization packed into game.
    Well, games aren't free. That being said, ESO is rather cheap of an MMO. For example that 30e Summerset digital upgrade gave me Summerset, Morrowind (+ Warden class), some costume, a mount...and maybe something more I'm not aware of.

    Anyway, that's a bunch of stuff for 30e - I don't think most MMO's give that much stuff and content for this price.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

  5. #2325
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well, games aren't free. That being said, ESO is rather cheap of an MMO. For example that 30e Summerset digital upgrade gave me Summerset, Morrowind (+ Warden class), some costume, a mount...and maybe something more I'm not aware of.

    Anyway, that's a bunch of stuff for 30e - I don't think most MMO's give that much stuff and content for this price.
    Compared to likes of GW2 or FF14 it is kinda meh. But i have said before, that ESO is one of the best MMO if you actually buy sub, because sub really unlocks the game.
    Still, heavy monetization is heavy :P

  6. #2326
    morrowind went on sale about 3 months, I think it was after release. the price didn't permanently drop until few months ago, but it did go on sale, so yes. summerset WILL go on sale eventualy. however - after june 12 - it will not include morrowind and it will STILL be $30 for the basic edition. so.... decide for yourself if you want to wait for it to go on sale, or get it now. morrowind is a promotion. its not free as in you have to buy summerset and you have to buy it before june 12 to get it, but it IS a no extra cost perk. for now. its mean for people who might be on the fence about buying summerset now rather then waiting, people who may still not have morrowind yet. its meant to encourage them to spend money now, rather then later.

    I mean... its not like this is the first time. a lot of games, both single player and multiplayer offer perks on form of extra content with preorders. extra content that you will have to buy separately once preorders are done. I don't think Dragone Age 2 was the first one to do it, but its the one that comes to my mind as the early example (I'm talking about exiled prince), but its been happening with a LOT of games.

    this is a VERY common promotion and NO one is getting ripped off by it.


    that said... anniversary event is about to start! bring on the motifs and plummeting prices and that delicious delicious double xp

    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/26349

  7. #2327
    dunno why there's only a post and not a separate section like gw2 or ffxiv
    this game atm it's really really awesome.

  8. #2328
    Damnit all, why is the crafting bag the best damn subscription perk ever?

    I'm diving back into the game to continue working on clearing out all the quest content and shit (while ignoring story, I realize it's silly) and the ability to mindlessly loot everything I walk by is just so enjoyable.

    At some point I should actually look up how to spend my skill/CP/stat points and do a rework, because I probably totally screwed it up. But oh well, it works for open world and basic dungeon content and that's all I'm interested in right now.

    And I've got a Warden alt that I may muck around with. Was almost tempted to swap but I've put too much time and cleared far too much of the world with my Templar to look back now. Maybe I'll actually pay attention to the story when I finally get around to playing her.

  9. #2329
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    21,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Damnit all, why is the crafting bag the best damn subscription perk ever?

    I'm diving back into the game to continue working on clearing out all the quest content and shit (while ignoring story, I realize it's silly) and the ability to mindlessly loot everything I walk by is just so enjoyable.
    I've played during the Anni for the buffs and yeah...with HarvestMap addon I spend most of my time just gathering everything in sight. I can barely do quests b/c I'm too busy looting chests and doing achievements. It's fun though.
    BAD WOLF

  10. #2330
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I've played during the Anni for the buffs and yeah...with HarvestMap addon I spend most of my time just gathering everything in sight. I can barely do quests b/c I'm too busy looting chests and doing achievements. It's fun though.
    Yeah, that's what I was doing when i wasn't playing but was just logging in to upgrade my horse. I had a short loop that hit a few chest spawns and a few handfuls of gathering nodes that I'd hit, train my mount, check my research, call it a day.

    HarvestMap is great. One thing I wish we could do is gather without dismounting, but oh well. The day when I eventually get around to trying to figure out crafting I should have a damn healthy stockpile of materials sitting around and waiting, lol.

  11. #2331
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    21,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    HarvestMap is great. One thing I wish we could do is gather without dismounting, but oh well. The day when I eventually get around to trying to figure out crafting I should have a damn healthy stockpile of materials sitting around and waiting, lol.
    When you do, there is an addon that will automatically pickup the crafting daillies, autocraft the items when you access the station, then auto turn them in and accept rewards. Most beautiful thing I've seen in the addon space.
    BAD WOLF

  12. #2332
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was doing when i wasn't playing but was just logging in to upgrade my horse. I had a short loop that hit a few chest spawns and a few handfuls of gathering nodes that I'd hit, train my mount, check my research, call it a day.

    HarvestMap is great. One thing I wish we could do is gather without dismounting, but oh well. The day when I eventually get around to trying to figure out crafting I should have a damn healthy stockpile of materials sitting around and waiting, lol.
    Crafting is pretty dam easy in this game, it's the research part that is a pain in the ass, having to find specific weapons or specific armor slot pieces with specific traits you want. Crafting just takes having ability points to spend on the tree you want to craft in and the motifs for the styles you want, which are generally pretty plentiful for the basic ones. But just having enough to craft usable armor, without any super duper stats or things on them, REALLY simple.

  13. #2333
    The Insane Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Posts
    17,051
    Summerset is on the PTS, I’d you were in any previous betas you can go to Summerset!

    Hmm... there don’t seem to be any new costumes or personalities in this chapter. Beyond the pre order costume that is.

    All I’ve found are some momentos, a silly skullcap and an emote. Disappointing.

  14. #2334
    Over 9000! Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    9,243
    Datamined items (probaly crown store):
    https://elderscrolls.net/2018/04/17/...ovlenie-4-0-0/
    Patch notes:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...otes-v4-0-0/p1

    Oh and i have so much fun in world pvp right now that event still runs on Eu. Fells like i am back in vanila wow ganking players.

    (i gank them in worm cult set--- the one they farm, to feed on their tears -- so many wispers of hate -- i love it)

  15. #2335
    Deleted
    Hi. I tried ESO not too long ago. Got to level 36. I am not saying i know the game, but why i never subbed more than 1 month was because of the Class system. It is really just nothing, in my opinion.

    I am a mini maxer. I want to play a class and build that People actually invites for high end game content. That being Said I made myself a mag sorc. Staff/staff is the way to go. I wanted to be Ranged but bow/bow is crap because if you are far away you dont get any heals (flaw in spec system as healers imo). So with my mag sorc i realized that i have to stand in melee anyway because of how abilities work and again, to get heals.

    Looking Into other meta specs i quickly realized that dualweild / bow and staff/ staff are literarly the Only specs you want to play. How boring isnt that? That is not even all. All classes plays 90% the same. Almost all abilities are the same. Like 2-3 are different. For me this is really poor class design. The game seems amazing. I Think it all just was done for me in eso after watching every raid members stacking on each other almost all the time because if they dont, yes, they dont get any heals.

    I am not here to bash eso or make People not play the game, but right now it is like the game has 2 dps classes.

  16. #2336
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    I wanted to be Ranged but bow/bow is crap because if you are far away you dont get any heals (flaw in spec system as healers imo). So with my mag sorc i realized that i have to stand in melee anyway because of how abilities work and again, to get heals.
    That's a problem with shit healers, then. I regularly heal normal dungeons (because I don't care much about min/max and don't want to bother too much with veterans) and never had an issue making sure that I was catching melee/ranged party members with my heals. It can be tricky at times when the ranged folks are deciding to run all over and I need to be careful with positioning, but that's not really a problem with the core combat for the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    Looking Into other meta specs i quickly realized that dualweild / bow and staff/ staff are literarly the Only specs you want to play. How boring isnt that?
    If you're going for min/max, there are always going to be only a small handful of builds that will be the best. But if you're not, then ESO allows for tons of variety. But you said you're going for min/max, and I'm really not sure what games you know of that have more than a small handful of builds that are viable at the top levels of play.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    All classes plays 90% the same. Almost all abilities are the same. Like 2-3 are different.
    All your weapon/armor/guild skills are the same, yes. What is different are your three class lines. That's in large part to ensure that each class can perform each role via the weapons/armor alone, and supplement/customize builds via their class skills. Or in some cases like with Templar, where you can largely get away with healing using class skills exclusively.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    I am not here to bash eso or make People not play the game, but right now it is like the game has 2 dps classes.
    If you're only focused on min/max, that may be true. But if you're not, like most folks, then there's still tons of variety possible.

  17. #2337
    The Unstoppable Force Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    21,612
    What could easily fix the class system a bit would be removing all the buffs from the game. Major sorcery etc.

    With 5 abilities on your bar, there really isn't room for buffs to make the gameplay meaningful.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

  18. #2338
    Bloodsail Admiral Phurox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Garrison, Frostfire Ridge
    Posts
    1,092
    I play eso a lot at the moment and while I do enjoy it I really dislike the class system.

    Previous games had no classes, plus there’s too few class spells. I really don’t want to use weapon skills as I want to feel that I play a different character but that limits the choices a lot.

  19. #2339
    you don't have to stand in melee to get heals. you DO have to stand between melee and healer to get full benefit of heals and more importantly - buffs. I do try to get people who insist on standing behind me or to the side me for whatever reason now matter how much I change my own positioning, but when it comes to ground AoE heals? if you are deliberately making my life difficult, you are on your own.

    Lazy writ crafter is life. lazy writ crafter is love.

    lucky for me i'm not a minmaxer so I use class abilities when i like the way they work and play both magika and stamina because its my damn game time that I'm paying for (that and i tend to mostly stick to normal content, I've done vet and its very possible without playing FOTM build, I just... prefer more relaxing playtime)

    that said... its 12 abilities not 5. front bar, back bar, plus 2 ultimates, which you can only use one at a time, so you situationally chose which one. aka - plenty of space for buffs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    ESO plus trial is coming up again

    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/26369

    and current members get the crates for logging in

  20. #2340
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    ESO plus trial is coming up again

    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/26369

    and current members get the crates for logging in
    Nice. Normally I'd use this time to make sure I dumped all my crafting mats into my crafting bag but since I'm subbed I guess I get some free crates. First time I've been subbed during these promotions, so I'll call that a happy coincidence. Now to hope they have some neat costumes or something, because with that panther mount thingy from the Summerset preorder and the fox pet I have from...something I'm all set on that front.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •