10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    meh, i'm fishing those up, personaly. (those are the motifs that were originally crate only, but after uproar, were added to loot table of fishing in summerset. they are rare, but not impossible)

aside from that, yeah, agreed. other then Norcturnal, the only items that would interest me from these crates, are the ones I already bought directly anyways, back when they were direct sales, so... /shrug. on a plus side, I'm not tempted to buy crowns outside of a sale :P
    True, not spending money is always good. Going to get the five crates from the daily login rewards and then spend some of my gems to get the rest of the motifs I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    True, not spending money is always good. Going to get the five crates from the daily login rewards and then spend some of my gems to get the rest of the motifs I need.
    same, except for the motifs part :P fishing or bust! :P (I like ESO fishing, I can do it without looking, thanks to an addon, so i tend to just keep my finger on e and watch something or catch up on my reading, while I do it)

10+ Year Old Account
    same, except for the motifs part :P fishing or bust! :P (I like ESO fishing, I can do it without looking, thanks to an addon, so i tend to just keep my finger on e and watch something or catch up on my reading, while I do it)
    Never really got into fishing, in ESO or WoW. Maybe I'll try get some motifs that way before I splash out with gems.

Never really got into fishing, in ESO or WoW. Maybe I'll try get some motifs that way before I splash out with gems.
    if you decide to try for it, I highly recommend using http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info9...Fisherman.html ,well assuming you are on pc. you can adjust settings to give you an audio alert when its time to reel in, as well as adjust the color/speed of the flashing screen indicator. makes fishing a LOT more pleasant. i was pretty ambivalent about ESO fishing initially, but... it does come with some perks. completing master angler achievement not only gives you acess to some nice looking dyes, but if you are into housing, you unlock the only placeable boat furnishing in the game. and then there's perfect roe. it doesn't sell for as much as it used to, but it still sells decently... or you can just use it yourself to craft xp pots, or high end foods.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you decide to try for it, I highly recommend using http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info9...Fisherman.html ,well assuming you are on pc. you can adjust settings to give you an audio alert when its time to reel in, as well as adjust the color/speed of the flashing screen indicator. makes fishing a LOT more pleasant. i was pretty ambivalent about ESO fishing initially, but... it does come with some perks. completing master angler achievement not only gives you acess to some nice looking dyes, but if you are into housing, you unlock the only placeable boat furnishing in the game. and then there's perfect roe. it doesn't sell for as much as it used to, but it still sells decently... or you can just use it yourself to craft xp pots, or high end foods.
    Wasn't the new best stam food recipe from fishing too? Might go after that.

Wasn't the new best stam food recipe from fishing too? Might go after that.
    it is indeed. kinda expensive to craft, but might be worth it. that one doesn't drop in summerset though, have to fish in Artaeum for that. that said, even with my horrible rng, only took me maybe 2 hours tops? of fishing to get it. bear in mind, I was also fishing for new purple fishing recipes, so the time is for both of them.

God crown crates keep getting scammier and scammier. I think this is the first one I won't even buy. With the rate they are going I can't wait till each crate contains only one item and then they cut it down to just a chance for an item.

I've been trying to update the game. It's been awhile, but 10GB?! I'm never going to get that downloaded with my connection.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

A question from a casual player's perspective: does the small-party content (dungeons and pvp maps/battlegrounds) become available early in the levelling process or do I need to hit "max" level first? Also, is there a auto-queueing system for those (think of the equivalent systems in WoW/SWTOR/Rift etc), or do I need to manually find groups/get to dungeons/get to pvp maps? If yes, do these pop at a reasonable pace (max 15ish minute queue for a dps) or are they completely abandoned for other ESO-specific activities? I know ESO is more solo-player oriented and I am fine with that, but I do like to break-up my MMO gametime with dungeons and BGs often enough.

Thanks in advance for any answers

Dungeons (can't speak to PvP since I don't do it) - It's mostly like any other MMO, you get access to them starting at a lowish level, but unlock access to more as you level up. You're always scaled to 50 (like the rest of the world), so all you gain as you level up is access to more and more dungeons. Once you hit 50 (and I think a certain Champion level) you gain access to the heroic version of the dungeons. Also, some are locked behind DLC that you'll need to purchase to access.

Automated queue system - yup, you pick the roles you can fill, queue up and wait. Per every trinity MMO, DPS queues are long and healing/tank queues are short. Can't speak to DPS queues since I always pop as healer, but they're usually no more than a minute or two as healer.

Also, if you do like group activity there are also delves (which are largely solo "dungeons" in the open world but can be done with groups) and a handful of proper public dungeons in zones that can be solo'd (but are harder if you aren't geared out) but are definitely designed for/best done with a group. You'll need to manually find a group for those open world dungeons, though I've managed to usually get by simply waiting for a few for some other folks to enter and following them around : P

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Dungeons (can't speak to PvP since I don't do it) - It's mostly like any other MMO, you get access to them starting at a lowish level, but unlock access to more as you level up. You're always scaled to 50 (like the rest of the world), so all you gain as you level up is access to more and more dungeons. Once you hit 50 (and I think a certain Champion level) you gain access to the heroic version of the dungeons. Also, some are locked behind DLC that you'll need to purchase to access.

Automated queue system - yup, you pick the roles you can fill, queue up and wait. Per every trinity MMO, DPS queues are long and healing/tank queues are short. Can't speak to DPS queues since I always pop as healer, but they're usually no more than a minute or two as healer.

Also, if you do like group activity there are also delves (which are largely solo "dungeons" in the open world but can be done with groups) and a handful of proper public dungeons in zones that can be solo'd (but are harder if you aren't geared out) but are definitely designed for/best done with a group. You'll need to manually find a group for those open world dungeons, though I've managed to usually get by simply waiting for a few for some other folks to enter and following them around : P
    Thanks for the info, it's much appreciated. I will see what I can find about the casual pvp aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    So glad I was playing this game during this PvP event.

With all the extra Cyrodiil campaigns I was actually able to find a time when DC was dominating one of them and got the last two Skyshards I needed from the AD base. Only took me 4+ years of on and off playing to actually be on at the right time to get them...

:P

15+ Year Old Account
    So anyone play ESO on PS4 was thinking of giving it a try and wanted to know how it is on console.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    So anyone play ESO on PS4 was thinking of giving it a try and wanted to know how it is on console.
    It's alright. Runs at a smooth 30 even when it gets a bit intensive. Might see the odd dip.

It's basically the pc version but without crossplay since it's also on XB1.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's alright. Runs at a smooth 30 even when it gets a bit intensive. Might see the odd dip.

It's basically the pc version but without crossplay since it's also on XB1.
    Hows the controller scheme still haven't found an MMO with a better controller scheme then FFXIV.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Hows the controller scheme still haven't found an MMO with a better controller scheme then FFXIV.
    Actually better imo. Because you only have 5 initial abilities they all fit on the D-pad comfortably without modifiers. Not sure how it works later though because I haven't got to that point yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    So decided to give ESO a try on PS4 and geez the file size is 103 gigs thats like twice the size of tera.

15+ Year Old Account
    So decided to give ESO a try on PS4 and geez the file size is 103 gigs thats like twice the size of tera.
    ESO is notoriously big.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

so after 120 hours, i cant pass the level 25. something is wrong with the game. I'm trying and trying but nope always bored fast. I wonder which thing turn me off?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onvious View Post
    so after 120 hours, i cant pass the level 25. something is wrong with the game. I'm trying and trying but nope always bored fast. I wonder which thing turn me off?
    It's the class design and combat.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.