1. #3141
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Dunmer has always been one of my favorite race in elder scrolls so sounds good will go abit for looks to though rolling a female assassin so unless they are ugly perhaps i roll a dunmer.
    this is my dunmer dragonknight (yes, that's altmeri dominion loading screen, there is a backstory to that other then - I wanted to make some use of all races all alliances preorder perk :P )



    I was trying to go for reasonable attractive but not super amazingly pretty so I'm sure you can come up with a lovely design yourself after messing with sliders and such although angry foreheads are pretty much a given it seems

  2. #3142
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    this is my dunmer dragonknight (yes, that's altmeri dominion loading screen, there is a backstory to that other then - I wanted to make some use of all races all alliances preorder perk :P )



    I was trying to go for reasonable attractive but not super amazingly pretty so I'm sure you can come up with a lovely design yourself after messing with sliders and such although angry foreheads are pretty much a given it seems
    She looks ready to dance at the luau

    My main is wearing a Noble Suit (Daggerfall Covenant Blue/Legate's Black, Ayleid Gold for details) with a Daggerfall Covenant Staff (Ayleid Gold for the staff head, Daggerfall Covenant Blue for the wrap, Cyrodilic Steel for the staff itself). All of my alts wear outfits tbh
    I really hope they bring the werewolf lord back at some point for my Redguard Stamsorc WW (who I may race change to Orsimer).
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2019-02-27 at 07:55 AM.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  3. #3143
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    She looks ready to dance at the luau

    My main is wearing a Noble Suit (Daggerfall Covenant Blue/Legate's Black, Ayleid Gold for details) with a Daggerfall Covenant Staff (Ayleid Gold for the staff head, Daggerfall Covenant Blue for the wrap, Cyrodilic Steel for the staff itself). All of my alts wear outfits tbh
    I really hope they bring the werewolf lord back at some point for my Redguard Stamsorc WW (who I may race change to Orsimer).
    they brought it back recently, so that's not out of the question to be brought back again and well - this is one of her city outfits, when I actualy play her, she wears https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/battlemage-palatine-armor/ in similar red, reddish gold and black color scheme - coldharbour black and bloodroot orange and whatever red I have that looks the reddest - on battle armor it happens to be red diamond red (she is all about the fire ) I forgot what her staff was.. militant ordinator I think. will have to look up later.

    one of these days.. I'll get off my butt and go back to farming battlegrounds, becasue Fire Drake's Flame red dye you get from kills achievement there is absolutely spectacular. but.. at my usual ratio of kills to battlegrounds, it will take something like 40 hours of actual game time to get it and so I keep procrastinating :/ really not much for pvp (god i WISH I could have legate black, but I'm having trouble farming 40 hours of battlegrounds for red dye, getting far enough in pvp for legate black is.. not happening )

  4. #3144
    My prefered plate outfit is Imperial Guard Centurion
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:ON-cos...orm_(Male).jpg
    I use it on my Imperial DK tank, helm is perfect to cover the vampire
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  5. #3145
    Bloodsail Admiral Zephire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Life
    Posts
    1,174
    I've been interested in ESO for a while but never tried it. I'd imagine you fine folks could clear out some questions I have:

    1. I'm mostly into playing, if I enjoy the gameplay then I come back to games even if it is a bit grindy. It's action combat, right? Is it fun and strategic to play?

    2. I tried Skyrim but I just couldn't manage to play it. My guess is that it's a bit open world-y and single player. Since ESO is a MMO then I think I'd find purpose in the game. I've killed Jaina HC and my guild is working on Mythic BoD but it's more or less the only thing I find a purpose with in WoW, to defeat the last boss on the hardest difficulty but then what? I also only raid some hours a week with the guild so it's not something I do alone which means I barely log on playing on my own. I think I need a direction, a goal that isn't mine, to chase. Do you think I'd enjoy ESO?

    3. In WoW I select a race and pick a class that the race can be. The class has two to four ways of playing the game. Character fantasy is a big factor for me, the looks, the abilities they use, what source of energy (light, darkness, fire etc) they use to fuel abilities etc. Is it clear how that work in ESO?

    4. I enjoy pushing my self and improving my skill to overcome challenges, like mage tower as a spec I never played or mythic raids in WoW. Is the game somewhat hard? Can I challenge my self if it isn't by pulling way to many mobs or by other means up the difficulty?

    5. In vanilla and TBC WoW I really enjoyed dipping my priest in shadow and discipline. Having Mindflay and holy powers while not maxing any was a way I liked to play. It wasn't optimal but I enjoyed being special and push it. Would I be able to be experimental in ESO as well, how limited are you? Does gear, quests, treasures limit your way of playing?

    6. I'm quite tired of factions and how they limit what you can play and with whom you can play. I mean, in WoW I can't be a Dwarf playing with my Horde friends, even if we imagine ourself as a band of outlaws helping each other to survive. There are three factions, right? Does that limit your choice of race/class/what not combination and with whom you can play?

    7. What's the payment method? Does it have a lot of expansions/DLC that is required? How limited am I because of ingame shop and/or DLCs etc?

    8. Any additional information that you think could be useful to a total ESO newbee like me?

    Thanks a lot guys!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

  6. #3146
    ESO combat is very active. Healers are expected to deal damage and debuff enemies, damage dealers will constantly have to consider using defensive abilities. Fast movement, blocking and dodging all consume stamina so there is a limit to what you can do which requires you to be strategic with your resources (tanking is a very strange beast).

    ESO has a lot of content, mainly because all content released since day one scales to max level and much of that content still gives very relevant rewards.

    Building a character in ESO . . .well frankly it is not clear at all. There are 5 classes, soon to be 6. Every class can do everything. Most classes have 5-6 different ways to be played that are viable for even the hardest content but if you are not interested in veteran trials and veteran HM dungeon bosses, the possibilities are endless.
    On how a build is made: race matters quite a bit but beyond race and class you also have access to weapon skills, armor skills, guild skills, pvp skills (which are also broadly used for PvE; the Assault Ultimate is used practically by every healer and tank in the game) as well as options like being a werewolf or vampire. Everything has its used.

    You can certainly push yourself by soloing group content in ESO. The premier ESO solo challenge is the Maelstrom arena. Imo it is as difficult as the harder of the Mage Tower challenges . . . when played so you can just complete it. It has leaderboards though and many ways to make your life harder
    ESO can be somewhat restrictive with how you build your second or third spec. Still, you do have a lot of options and there are some playstyles that pair really well (magicka dps+healer is very easy to build for both classes and you will only have to change Mundus on occasion). Gear is anything but restrictive; if anything ESO sets are an endless opportunity to create new builds.

    ESO has NO faction barrier for PvE if you buy the All Races All Factions upgrade which is fairly cheap to get.

    The game is B2P. You will buy the base game+latest chapter. The game has numerous DLC which you can also buy OR you can pay a sub and get many perks PLUS all DLC for free. But there are many variable ways to buy the game and its components. As for how limited you'd be with just the base game? Well you seem like a player who is interested primarily in group play so I'd have to say you'd be very limited. The harder dungeons are all in DLC and the base game has only three trials (ESO raids). If you liked solo play more I'd tell you that there are many months of constant play of content just in the base game though.

    Also, ESO housing is addicting. Stay away if you value your wallet!
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  7. #3147
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    23,011
    I tried to use one of those free race change tokens they gave us to change one of my char's race to a Nord. I have a Nord char and can create one. But when I try to change a existing char's race to a Nord, it will not let me. Says I need to buy the DLC for the Nord race. lol! I turned in a ticket, but this sounds just dumb if it is working as intended.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    I've been interested in ESO for a while but never tried it. I'd imagine you fine folks could clear out some questions I have:

    1. I'm mostly into playing, if I enjoy the gameplay then I come back to games even if it is a bit grindy. It's action combat, right? Is it fun and strategic to play?

    2. I tried Skyrim but I just couldn't manage to play it. My guess is that it's a bit open world-y and single player. Since ESO is a MMO then I think I'd find purpose in the game. I've killed Jaina HC and my guild is working on Mythic BoD but it's more or less the only thing I find a purpose with in WoW, to defeat the last boss on the hardest difficulty but then what? I also only raid some hours a week with the guild so it's not something I do alone which means I barely log on playing on my own. I think I need a direction, a goal that isn't mine, to chase. Do you think I'd enjoy ESO?

    3. In WoW I select a race and pick a class that the race can be. The class has two to four ways of playing the game. Character fantasy is a big factor for me, the looks, the abilities they use, what source of energy (light, darkness, fire etc) they use to fuel abilities etc. Is it clear how that work in ESO?

    4. I enjoy pushing my self and improving my skill to overcome challenges, like mage tower as a spec I never played or mythic raids in WoW. Is the game somewhat hard? Can I challenge my self if it isn't by pulling way to many mobs or by other means up the difficulty?

    5. In vanilla and TBC WoW I really enjoyed dipping my priest in shadow and discipline. Having Mindflay and holy powers while not maxing any was a way I liked to play. It wasn't optimal but I enjoyed being special and push it. Would I be able to be experimental in ESO as well, how limited are you? Does gear, quests, treasures limit your way of playing?

    6. I'm quite tired of factions and how they limit what you can play and with whom you can play. I mean, in WoW I can't be a Dwarf playing with my Horde friends, even if we imagine ourself as a band of outlaws helping each other to survive. There are three factions, right? Does that limit your choice of race/class/what not combination and with whom you can play?

    7. What's the payment method? Does it have a lot of expansions/DLC that is required? How limited am I because of ingame shop and/or DLCs etc?

    8. Any additional information that you think could be useful to a total ESO newbee like me?

    Thanks a lot guys!
    Nymrohd did a great job of answering your questions I think. I played WoW for about 14 years, was a serous raider in Vanilla. But that grew old and was tiresome after a year or so. Later Wow became more like they should have changed the name to Raidcraft. I played Skyrim and really liked it and ESO is very similair for myself, only in my opinion, much better. I think ESO has a lot to offer for a large variety of game play.

    I do not sub and got the game, with some DLC content, free as a gift during the holiday sale on Steam. For myself, it offers a tremendous amount of enjoyment and freedom of how you want to play. You could try it out during one of thier free weekend trials if you want. Not sure how often they have those.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

  8. #3148
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    17,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I tried to use one of those free race change tokens they gave us to change one of my char's race to a Nord. I have a Nord char and can create one. But when I try to change a existing char's race to a Nord, it will not let me. Says I need to buy the DLC for the Nord race. lol! I turned in a ticket, but this sounds just dumb if it is working as intended.
    Do you have the Any Race, Any Alliance Upgrade? This was something that wasn't made clear with the Race Change tokens. If you want to change race, you can only change it to another race in the same Alliance, unless you have that Upgrade.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  9. #3149
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    23,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Do you have the Any Race, Any Alliance Upgrade? This was something that wasn't made clear with the Race Change tokens. If you want to change race, you can only change it to another race in the same Alliance, unless you have that Upgrade.
    That could be the reason. But no, all I have is the base game, which included the Morrowind expansion, with the Warden class and Summerset expansion. But it seems really dumb to be able to create a Nord char and yet, not be able to change a char to a Nord. :P. But hey, their game and their decision to have the rules they want. Thanks for the reply.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

  10. #3150
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    17,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    That could be the reason. But no, all I have is the base game, which included the Morrowind expansion, with the Warden class and Summerset expansion. But it seems really dumb to be able to create a Nord char and yet, not be able to change a char to a Nord. :P. But hey, their game and their decision to have the rules they want. Thanks for the reply.
    What was your original Race?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  11. #3151
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    23,011
    Redguard. Which is not bad for how I want to play the char, but the Nord offered some what I feel is better for solo play traits. As it stands now, the race change tokens are useless. Not sure I will ever use them.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

  12. #3152
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    That could be the reason. But no, all I have is the base game, which included the Morrowind expansion, with the Warden class and Summerset expansion. But it seems really dumb to be able to create a Nord char and yet, not be able to change a char to a Nord. :P. But hey, their game and their decision to have the rules they want. Thanks for the reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Redguard. Which is not bad for how I want to play the char, but the Nord offered some what I feel is better for solo play traits. As it stands now, the race change tokens are useless. Not sure I will ever use them.
    Nord is Ebonheart Pact race. Redguard is Daggerfall Covenant. Your character is tied to the alliance it was created in.

    If you want to become a Nord with that character, you need to buy the Any Race Any Alliance thingy.

  13. #3153
    Bloodsail Admiral Zephire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Life
    Posts
    1,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    ESO combat is very active. Healers are expected to deal damage and debuff enemies, damage dealers will constantly have to consider using defensive abilities. Fast movement, blocking and dodging all consume stamina so there is a limit to what you can do which requires you to be strategic with your resources (tanking is a very strange beast).

    ESO has a lot of content, mainly because all content released since day one scales to max level and much of that content still gives very relevant rewards.

    Building a character in ESO . . .well frankly it is not clear at all. There are 5 classes, soon to be 6. Every class can do everything. Most classes have 5-6 different ways to be played that are viable for even the hardest content but if you are not interested in veteran trials and veteran HM dungeon bosses, the possibilities are endless.
    On how a build is made: race matters quite a bit but beyond race and class you also have access to weapon skills, armor skills, guild skills, pvp skills (which are also broadly used for PvE; the Assault Ultimate is used practically by every healer and tank in the game) as well as options like being a werewolf or vampire. Everything has its used.

    You can certainly push yourself by soloing group content in ESO. The premier ESO solo challenge is the Maelstrom arena. Imo it is as difficult as the harder of the Mage Tower challenges . . . when played so you can just complete it. It has leaderboards though and many ways to make your life harder
    ESO can be somewhat restrictive with how you build your second or third spec. Still, you do have a lot of options and there are some playstyles that pair really well (magicka dps+healer is very easy to build for both classes and you will only have to change Mundus on occasion). Gear is anything but restrictive; if anything ESO sets are an endless opportunity to create new builds.

    ESO has NO faction barrier for PvE if you buy the All Races All Factions upgrade which is fairly cheap to get.

    The game is B2P. You will buy the base game+latest chapter. The game has numerous DLC which you can also buy OR you can pay a sub and get many perks PLUS all DLC for free. But there are many variable ways to buy the game and its components. As for how limited you'd be with just the base game? Well you seem like a player who is interested primarily in group play so I'd have to say you'd be very limited. The harder dungeons are all in DLC and the base game has only three trials (ESO raids). If you liked solo play more I'd tell you that there are many months of constant play of content just in the base game though.

    Also, ESO housing is addicting. Stay away if you value your wallet!
    Great stuff! Could you elaborate a bit more about classes, races and factions and the combinations? Do they have PvE/PvP servers? Does that change the way I can play? I've always been a fan of PvP-servers, the tension and what not it adds is a great flavour. Maybe you help each other? Maybe you slay one another? That type of thing. If I had a friend playing one faction and I played another, would we still be able to play with each other?

    In what way does race matter? How... fucking hell, so many questions rofl. Thanks for the answer though!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

  14. #3154
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    23,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    they brought it back recently, so that's not out of the question to be brought back again and well - this is one of her city outfits, when I actualy play her, she wears https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/battlemage-palatine-armor/ in similar red, reddish gold and black color scheme - coldharbour black and bloodroot orange and whatever red I have that looks the reddest - on battle armor it happens to be red diamond red (she is all about the fire ) I forgot what her staff was.. militant ordinator I think. will have to look up later.

    one of these days.. I'll get off my butt and go back to farming battlegrounds, becasue Fire Drake's Flame red dye you get from kills achievement there is absolutely spectacular. but.. at my usual ratio of kills to battlegrounds, it will take something like 40 hours of actual game time to get it and so I keep procrastinating :/ really not much for pvp (god i WISH I could have legate black, but I'm having trouble farming 40 hours of battlegrounds for red dye, getting far enough in pvp for legate black is.. not happening )
    Personally, I think the Coldharbour Ash Black is black enough for me. I mean, the only way to have something blacker, would be a black which magically did not reflect any light. Any black is going to reflect some amount of light, depending on what the material is made of. Only thing in nature which does not reflect light is a black hole. But then again, this is ESO, where magic is plentiful. lol!

    And by the way, good job on creating the appearance for your Dark Elf. She is cute, yet has that serous look.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

  15. #3155
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    17,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Great stuff! Could you elaborate a bit more about classes, races and factions and the combinations? Do they have PvE/PvP servers?
    No PvP Servers. PvP comes in 2 flavors. Battle Grounds which are 4v4v4 with game modes such as Domination, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag and so on. The other is Cyrodiil, which is a large (no kidding, it is giant) battle field with Keeps, and objectives and quests. It is like an Open World PvP area that you queue into.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    In what way does race matter?
    Initially, without the "Any Race, Any Alliance" upgrade, you are bound to your Race's Alliance. If you get the upgrade, you can select any race, and then select which alliance you would like them to be on.

    How this affects PvP is in Cyrodiil, you fight for your character's alliance. So if you have chosen a character to be on the Daggerfall Covenant, you will be teamed up with other's from your same alliance.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  16. #3156
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    23,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Great stuff! Could you elaborate a bit more about classes, races and factions and the combinations? Do they have PvE/PvP servers? Does that change the way I can play? I've always been a fan of PvP-servers, the tension and what not it adds is a great flavour. Maybe you help each other? Maybe you slay one another? That type of thing. If I had a friend playing one faction and I played another, would we still be able to play with each other?

    In what way does race matter? How... fucking hell, so many questions rofl. Thanks for the answer though!
    No Pvp servers. There are two mega servers, North American and European. The way they do PVP in ESO is perfect in my opinion. There is no flagging as such. If you want to avoid PVP in it, just stay out of Cyrodill or not do some of the team events I guess in Battlegrounds. It is very similair to how GW2 handles PVP. Which I like. But if you like ganking innocent civilains, you can. But there is a cost to pay if you do. Some classes and those which have the Blade of Woe, can do it faster and escape better.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Nord is Ebonheart Pact race. Redguard is Daggerfall Covenant. Your character is tied to the alliance it was created in.

    If you want to become a Nord with that character, you need to buy the Any Race Any Alliance thingy.
    Yeah, I can see that now. I have not found any option to purchase the Any Race/Any Alliance token in the Crown Store. I am sure I am overlooking it however.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

  17. #3157
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Yeah, I can see that now. I have not found any option to purchase the Any Race/Any Alliance token in the Crown Store. I am sure I am overlooking it however.
    It is there somewhere.

    I think it's in the Adventurer Pack that contains a mount, treasure maps and any race any alliance. 1900 crowns.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2019-02-27 at 04:26 PM.

  18. #3158
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    23,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    It is there somewhere.
    Lol! I am sure it is. I will keep searching.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

  19. #3159
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Lol! I am sure it is. I will keep searching.
    See my edited reply!

  20. #3160
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    17,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Lol! I am sure it is. I will keep searching.
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...nstore/item/39
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •