1. #3301
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    @Fkiolaris
    Honestly Soul Assault is an ultimate you keep to use against Nightblades in PvP since it keeps them from cloaking. That's it.
    Because Soul Assault is channeled, using it means you miss the damage of a Light Attack+Elemental/Crushing Weapon at the very least.

    Meanwhile Elemental Rage will ALWAYS apply the Burning/Chilled/Concussion effect. So you are missing the damage from Burning/Concussion and the additional damage from Elemental Blockade. Plus especially in dungeon bosses adds are so very common and Elemental Rage can do quick work of them.
    I understand what you say (even though from some reading I have done, the different effects have a 2% chance per tick to be applied?) and I appreciate the response, thanks. Unfortunately it doesn't change my main issue, which could purely be an L2P on my part, that on some bosses it's absolutely impossible to get any value out of it (ie Death's Leviathan in Crypt of Hearts, because practically no tank I have been there with points him towards a wall). Funnily enough, in the same dungeon the Ilambris brothers are what I would consider the best example of when to actually use Elemental Rage because I can get practically 100% uptime on 2 targets.

    Thanks again for the responses, I consider my question answered.

  2. #3302
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    I understand what you say (even though from some reading I have done, the different effects have a 2% chance per tick to be applied?) and I appreciate the response, thanks. Unfortunately it doesn't change my main issue, which could purely be an L2P on my part, that on some bosses it's absolutely impossible to get any value out of it (ie Death's Leviathan in Crypt of Hearts, because practically no tank I have been there with points him towards a wall). Funnily enough, in the same dungeon the Ilambris brothers are what I would consider the best example of when to actually use Elemental Rage because I can get practically 100% uptime on 2 targets.

    Thanks again for the responses, I consider my question answered.
    Elemental Rage actually has a full chance to apply conditions. It's not specified in the tooltip but you can easily check it. Beyond that you do need to learn the timing for each boss. Death's Leviathan does charge a lot but he also has a phase where he stands still to cast a large AoE; you can easily drop elemental rage on him at that point. And no one gets full damage on that boss anyway (almost every damage build in ESO depends on placing AoE dots for a big chunk of their damage).
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  3. #3303
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    what Puupi said. 160 champion points is gear cap. aside from that - you can just keep doing what you were doing before. story, dungeons, pvp, etc. you could technically even start doing some of the earlier vet content, its just... you won't be getting full potential of upgrades until you get to 160 cp.
    so do what I've been doing till now
    as I get it: CP is something along the lines of item lvl in WoW? (only you can spend skills in a new talentsystem)

  4. #3304
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    so do what I've been doing till now
    as I get it: CP is something along the lines of item lvl in WoW? (only you can spend skills in a new talentsystem)
    Sorta kinda. It's all passive buffs that help you more specialize your character. Also you'll get better quality gear every 10 CP levels up through 160, where it caps out.

    Basically it's a version of alternate advancement (from the old EQ days), or whatever that endless leveling mechanic they added to D3 is.

  5. #3305
    I tried TESO and quit when I saw the first green/day zone, where there were no roofs. It looked like the blueprint of a game, much like their CCG. Anyone know what I’m talking about?
    Last edited by AryuFate; 2019-03-24 at 02:24 AM.

  6. #3306
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I tried TESO and quit when I saw the first green zone, where there were no roofs. It looked like the blueprint of a game, much like their CCG. Anyone know what I’m talking about?
    Not really. Since "green zone" doesn't really help us identify the zone. Too much vague information as well to know what you are getting at.

  7. #3307
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    so do what I've been doing till now
    as I get it: CP is something along the lines of item lvl in WoW? (only you can spend skills in a new talentsystem)
    its kinda like paragon levels in diablo 3, in that you get variety of passive buffs from it, but it also determines ilevel of the gear you can wear/that will drop for you. THAT tops out at 160. or basically what Edge said :P

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I tried TESO and quit when I saw the first green/day zone, where there were no roofs. It looked like the blueprint of a game, much like their CCG. Anyone know what I’m talking about?
    no idea what you mean. the only places where there are no roofs is usually ruins of previous, essentially extinct civilizations. but there are also cities WITH roofs in those same zones.

    I'm honestly not sure exactly what your issue was. bug? or just dislike of art style?

  8. #3308
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    no idea what you mean. the only places where there are no roofs is usually ruins of previous, essentially extinct civilizations. but there are also cities WITH roofs in those same zones.

    I'm honestly not sure exactly what your issue was. bug? or just dislike of art style?
    Sounds like their PC just couldn't handle ESO.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  9. #3309
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I tried TESO and quit when I saw the first green/day zone, where there were no roofs. It looked like the blueprint of a game, much like their CCG. Anyone know what I’m talking about?
    No idea what you are talking about.

  10. #3310
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Lookout
    Posts
    20,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakur- View Post
    Is this game completely F2P? and is it pay to win or not? cause ive tried several things that turned out p2w and i hate it ..
    It's B2P, but without a sub Crafting is extremely annoying.

  11. #3311
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    17,557
    New Trailer

    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  12. #3312
    Getting a bit irritated now.

    Had that thing I mentioned with the dungeons again where I get kicked for queuing random.

    Basically queued Random and got one called Maladath and the 3 premades wanted to re queue because they were "dying too easy" or something....

    I mean no offence but if you are "dying too easy" then firstly that's on you and secondly don't use the random queue if you don't want to get a dungeon that you might have trouble with.

  13. #3313
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    17,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Getting a bit irritated now.

    Had that thing I mentioned with the dungeons again where I get kicked for queuing random.

    Basically queued Random and got one called Maladath and the 3 premades wanted to re queue because they were "dying too easy" or something....

    I mean no offence but if you are "dying too easy" then firstly that's on you and secondly don't use the random queue if you don't want to get a dungeon that you might have trouble with.
    From multiple games i've played with group finders, i've given up faith in them. If I don't have a group I either solo the content, or wait till I have friends or guildies who are available to run with me.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  14. #3314
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    From multiple games i've played with group finders, i've given up faith in them. If I don't have a group I either solo the content, or wait till I have friends or guildies who are available to run with me.
    Haven't had any luck finding a guild on PS4 EU sadly.

    Doesn't help admittedly that with new games I'm a bit to myself for the initial bit.

    But man I hate people who queue for dungeons then demand the one person in their little premade do as they say.

    Just go as a full 4 man if you want to do a dungeon your own way.

    I queued random because I want that XP reward. If I wanted Fungal Grotto (which I was already getting god knows how many times in random already) then I'd use the specific queue.

    Hasn't sullied my opinion of the game obviously.

  15. #3315
    Wait the prologue is up today?
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  16. #3316
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Wait the prologue is up today?
    Yes. /10chars

  17. #3317
    I assume the prologue isn't a timed exclusive thing? I kinda want to wait until Elseweyr launches before i start playing again.

  18. #3318
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    I assume the prologue isn't a timed exclusive thing? I kinda want to wait until Elseweyr launches before i start playing again.
    Nah they always stay around forever. Which is really weird for people joining after some time since there is no clear quest flow and you can easily do the DLC before its prologue. . .
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  19. #3319
    Stood in the Fire Felmourn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wyrmrest Accord-US / Bigglesworth-US
    Posts
    386
    By Thrall's balls - do they really make it that intentionally hard to get access to the ESO forums?
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

  20. #3320
    The Insane Dug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    15,535
    Are there any beginner guides anyone could recommend? I picked the base game up on steam for $10 and so far I'm kind of confused on what to do. Following the story and all that just fine but I'm having a hard time grasping all the systems and "goal" if that makes sense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •