10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felmourn View Post
    Dottz on Youtube has AMAZING beginner guides that go over EVERYTHING. Helped me a lot. I still check em out as a level 30.
    Thanks I'll check em out

15+ Year Old Account
    The MOST important part about starting ESO is to NOT do Summerset/Morrowind first.

Teleport to your faction's starting town (AD: Auridon - Vulkhel Guard / DC: Glenumbra - Daggerfall / EP: Stonefalls - Davon's Watch). Talk to "Hooded Figure" and accept a quest called "Soul Shriven in Coldharbour". Follow that quest line.

The game's default settings are also mostly totally fucked up so check all of them out. Adjust keybindings, camera, inverse foot kinematics, custom telegraph brightness, healthbar visibility and orientation, damage numbers, buff and debuff visibility, aoe and auto looting, prevent attacking innocents... and probably plenty of other default settings that are completely wrong.

Some other tips for beginners: your class is largely irrelevant (in terms of what you can or should do) - but your race isn't.

Every class can tank, stamina dps, magicka dps or heal. Some are slightly better in one thing than others, but they can all do every job just fine. The races, however, are suited for certain roles more than others.

The most suitable races for different roles (not in particular order):

Tanks: Nord, Imperial, Argonian, Orc
    Stamina DPS: Redguard, Wood Elf, Dark Elf, Imperial, Khajiit, Orc
    Magicka DPS: High Elf, Breton, Khajiit, Dark Elf
    Healers: Argonian, High Elf, Breton, Dark Elf, Khajiit

Also, install addon management program called Minion. Install addons. There are lots of great quality of life and pretty much mandatory addons out there - like eg. Map Pins (shows lorebooks, skyshards, dungeon/delve bosses on map). Most addons don't require much, if at all, configuration either.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2019-03-27 at 12:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

all of the above except for the whole class doesn't matter, class DOES in fact matter as much as race does for certain roles. For example - in current meta, best tank combos are dragonknights and wardens, best healer combo is templar and believe it or not - sorcerer, and some dps are much MUCH better then others, so its especialy important if you are planning on being a stam dps, as most end game content is not the friendliest to melee and stam tends to be melee, and I would seriously disable the in game spec guide, cause it does more harm then good. seriously. unless of course you are just in it for the fun and not to minmax... in which case - play whatever combination your heart desires over-world content is forgiving enough that even if you go full on role play hybrid, you will still be able to successfully finish quests. it may take longer and your character might die here and there, but you will still be able to complete story quests.

also, I'm a fan of Tianlein's guides cause they are in bite size individual videos rather then 2 hour guide for everything (even with time stamps). but its largely a matter of personal preference.

addon site - https://www.esoui.com/addons.php
    addon manager - https://minion.mmoui.com/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    all of the above except for the whole class doesn't matter, class DOES in fact matter as much as race does for certain roles. For example - in current meta, best tank combos are dragonknights and wardens, best healer combo is templar and believe it or not - sorcerer, and some dps are much MUCH better then others, so its especialy important if you are planning on being a stam dps, as most end game content is not the friendliest to melee and stam tends to be melee, and I would seriously disable the in game spec guide, cause it does more harm then good. seriously. unless of course you are just in it for the fun and not to minmax... in which case - play whatever combination your heart desires over-world content is forgiving enough that even if you go full on role play hybrid, you will still be able to successfully finish quests. it may take longer and your character might die here and there, but you will still be able to complete story quests.

also, I'm a fan of Tianlein's guides cause they are in bite size individual videos rather then 2 hour guide for everything (even with time stamps). but its largely a matter of personal preference.

But end game and "meta" are not something that's really relevant to a new player for quite some time. The CP. gear and trait research grind before that takes a lot of time. Once you are at that end game meta stage, you can roll more characters to fill those meta specs for end game activities.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    But end game and "meta" are not something that's really relevant to a new player for quite some time. The CP. gear and trait research grind before that takes a lot of time. Once you are at that end game meta stage, you can roll more characters to fill those meta specs for end game activities.
    Or just respec
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean it certainly doesn't take forever to make an alt, but it still does take time.
    1-50 in 3 hours with the event buff and 50% xp scrolls (not even 150%), solo. It's really fast.

15+ Year Old Account
    With someone boosting you through skyhold?
    No, solo grinding in Deshaan.

Mobs or anchors?
    Mobs with full training gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mobs or anchors?
    Mobs. There is one anchor nearby my spot though which I destroy when it pops up (like once every 15 minutes or so).

10+ Year Old Account
    2 Questions: Is werewolf fun/viable for PVE and maybe a little PVP? Also if not, then is there a good battlemage build I could play? Visiting all the MMOs and trying to play different classes from what I normally play (Hunter).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, werewolf is viable for PvE (as a stamina dps) and for PvP. The catch is that werewolf works best if you have another couple of werewolves with you.
    What do you mean by battlemage? Sword and spell?
    Yeah, basically, maybe like a melee dps with some instant cast spells. I dunno I played one in Oblivion and really liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    well that's kinda the point. if we are talking new player who is not concerned with end game meta, then race/spec combination doesn't matter either. you can play nord healer as you level and do just fine. if you are going to say that race matters? well it matters as much as class does.

in any case - what is viable depends entire on whether player wants to do serious end game content or just have fun with normal modes. there are people who heal on stam wardens, becasue they find it fun - and do better then half the "healers" you'll meet in pugs.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2019-03-27 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post

Honestly they REALLY need to rework stam/mag based dos imo..make the pelenials set bonus baseline(mag and stamina weapon damage matching) or at least offer stamina and magic morphs for all weapon types thus allowing hybrid builds thematically even if not in actuality(love being a battlemage hate how it gimps me so yeah offer stamina moprhs or change how skills stack with stats)

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, werewolf is viable for PvE (as a stamina dps) and for PvP. The catch is that werewolf works best if you have another couple of werewolves with you.
    What do you mean by battlemage? Sword and spell?
    Are you on pc or ps4? Because if on pc i can make you a gearset for leveling that really helps hybrid builds/experimenting as you can put all your stats into eother stamina or magica and it equals out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can make Pelinal's aptitude myself. It's still a bad set

And yeah, they should really slowly redesign the classes to work like the Warden. Tank abilities should scale from Health, more stamina morphs are needed. Imo the best option would be to actually expand classes and have abilities have THREE morphs.
    That sounds AMAZING(the three morphs one health one stam one magic) and meh pelinials is great if going for a hybrid nuild(sword and staff). It auto shot my dps up by ALOT. And yes i know not optimal but i most run the daily BG and daily stuff like public dungeons these days and i can solo most any boss in those as well as most world bosses so i am good with it.

the irony is, back at launch for all the issues - hybrid builds were far more viable, as there used to be diminishing returns on stats, so throwing everything into a single stat wasn't as good as diversifying. and... animation canceling/weaving wasn't a thing yet.

ah well. I do wish everything had viable magika and stamina morphs, but at the same time.... leveling up all the skill lines is already a bit of a drag. I wish morphs just leveled automatically instead of having us chose one and then level from scratch again :/

basicaly, and this is somewhat counter intuitive, but the way the game works is that its best to have a bar with one skil per skill line that is the bar you accept all the quests with etc - rather then trying for a build from the start. becasue you need to level skill lines in order to get to actualy useful skills and so you end u leveling less then useful skills while you are trying to get there and dear lord its counter intuitive and yeah, confusing for a newer player and I wish you just upgraded ALL the skill lines as you generally level up - the way racial skill line upgrades.

/endrant

I think that in comparison to other MMOs, this one still allows for some sort of hybrids to exist and it's something I enjoy. It obviously depends on what kind of content you want to be doing (I imagine vet dungeons and trials are too difficult/impossible if you don't min max), but for pvp/normal dungeons/questing I am finding that everything goes really.

10+ Year Old Account

This is amazing

Welp just hit 50. And got rewarded with the Jailbreaker Bow from Banished last boss and an Epic one both 50/10CP with a Precise roll.

Not BiS god no but at least I got 2 bows to get me started with at 50 for now. Onward to 160 CP!

15+ Year Old Account
    Kevduit's videos are amazing.

I like how there's a tab in the Crown Store for this event called "Pay to Lose". Gave me a light chuckle.

Now got 2 Divines researching for gear at least. Epic Fel Hide Bracers with a 6.5% increase and 48/49 mixture of Medium Armor/Jewellry.

Would I be able to go into Veterans with the gear I have right now?

2 Bows that are 50/10 CP with Precise.

Medium Armor with Weapon Crit, Stam and other bonuses. Level 48-50.

48-50 Jewellry with Stamina on and part of the bonuses.