Playing this with a friend on my days off
    I am FINALLY enjoying ESO, after 5 years of trying, I am liking this game a lot.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I'm playing a Templar. Usually just keep my healing spells on 1 bar with my healing staff and my dps on another with a lightning/fire staff. Also kind of curious about that spells that removes harmful effects. The game doesn't show me debuffs on other players like in WoW so I don't really know proper usage for that. Also, is there any way to improve the buff bar so it's more like WoW? It kind of has the Warframe problem of having to many buffs and not really explaining what any of them do.
    there are couple of addons that do that.

the most popular one, though it can be fiddly to set up is https://esoui.com/downloads/info655-...ffTracker.html

for cleanses - the easiest one is a https://esoui.com/downloads/info1803-PurgeTracker.html. bear in mind, as nice as templar class cleanse can be - it requires other player to use synergy to cleanse, so for encounters when cleanse is actualy necessary - people tend to use efficient purge (morph of a skill in alliance war skill line - you'd need to do some pvp to unlock it, along with agressive warhorn) more often then not, debuffs are too short, so its more efficient to heal through them than try to purge them.

also you may want to use luminous shards, its a damage spell that also happens to provide synergy that allows your groupmates to restor resources. its pretty much on templar bars 100% of the time, EVEN while using orbs from undaunted skill line.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    look at it this way. you have an opportunity, due to the way the game is structured to safely ignore the expansion and not be left behind in any way! unlike games that more or less force you into new content by the virtue of raising a level cap - ESO doesn't do that. and by the time you are ready to play this expansion its going to be on sale, and/or quite possibly added to ESO plus lineup with the next expansion being released. I still happen to think that Elsweyr has a lot to offer, not to just people who like trials and dungeons, but also to people who love story, exploration (the zone is gorgeous, seriously) collecting, etc. and i love that its truly optional. its a win win in my book. there is nothing wrong with not wanting to buy expansion right away, becasue you are still going through older content. because this game? doesn't punish you for it.

P.S. a lot of the new furnishings are ace! especially new building blocks my next goal is to make a dent in getting some style mats, because I'm going to replace ALL my wood floors in current houses with Elsweyr wood walls. I mean.. look at this! finally - no random gaps, or poking out planks, just even wood surface. LOVE https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/elsweyr-wall-rough-wooden/
    Agreed 100% on the first paragraph. As for housing, it has never been my thing in any game that had it, but again I appreciate and accept that others love it

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Fair point.

I do suggest using Solar Barrage rather than flare. Even currently it is the better of the two, and in the patch is getting even stronger. As well, though the defense from empower sweep is quite good, it isn’t all that necessary unless you are doing pvp. I use crescent sweep as it does really nice burst damage, and I rely on my channeled focus for the increased survivability.

Between Channeled Focus, Purifying Light, and Puncturing Sweeps, the magplar has great survivability.

If you happen to be on PS4, id be happy to help you with anything you need. Builds, Dungeons, General info. You name it
    Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it and I might take you on it at some stage in the future even though I am on PC EU. As for the suggestions you make:

1) Solar Barrage serves a completely different purpose than flare (range nuke vs AoE DoT around you) and I am not aware of anything to replace Dark Flare for my Magplar, which doesn't make me happy

2) I have all of these as well, but they don't serve the same purpose because the latter two are reactive and only Channelled Focus reduces the incoming damage, even though nowhere near like Empowering Sweeps. Whichever way you look at it is a substantial change, but anyway, it is what it is for now. I am tempted to go with the Light Armor shield as a defensive ultimate, even though that would mean I have to shuffle my abilities around in order to keep the Piercing Spear buff on both bars (and I like the flow of my rotation an set-up of bars as it is). Either way, the templar is probably getting benched for now.

Thanks again for the advice and all the best

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Agreed 100% on the first paragraph. As for housing, it has never been my thing in any game that had it, but again I appreciate and accept that others love it

Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it and I might take you on it at some stage in the future even though I am on PC EU. As for the suggestions you make:

1) Solar Barrage serves a completely different purpose than flare (range nuke vs AoE DoT around you) and I am not aware of anything to replace Dark Flare for my Magplar, which doesn't make me happy

2) I have all of these as well, but they don't serve the same purpose because the latter two are reactive and only Channelled Focus reduces the incoming damage, even though nowhere near like Empowering Sweeps. Whichever way you look at it is a substantial change, but anyway, it is what it is for now. I am tempted to go with the Light Armor shield as a defensive ultimate, even though that would mean I have to shuffle my abilities around in order to keep the Piercing Spear buff on both bars (and I like the flow of my rotation an set-up of bars as it is). Either way, the templar is probably getting benched for now.

Thanks again for the advice and all the best
    That Light Armor skill isn’t an Ultimate, its just a normal skill. Annulment is great! Most usually morph is to Harness Magicka for the sustain. Definitely try using that as it could help a lot

Here is how my build works. Its an aggressive play style, but you cab see the strength. The gear is quite attainable, Burning Spellweave, Mothers Sorrow. And you can use Grothdarr as the Monster Set

Last edited by Kathandira; 2019-05-25 at 02:32 PM.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I got those advised specs. I'm seeing multiple votes for war horn. Is extra crit damage really that good? I already have combat prayer on my bars. Unless there's also some huge benefit to having extra magika and stam that I'm missing.

Also I read cloth armor is a standard set for a pve healer. But it's just so damn squishy. I'm getting one shot in normal dungeons by unavoidable mechanics at around 12k health. I have to eat health food but I don't exactly have the level to cook it myself.

I also had to get a bit into pvp to unlock War Horn. Had a bit of a mixed experience. Can't really do any decent damage to players while I die within a second. Not really a positive experience to keep a new player interested. However, I did find some fun and usefulness throwing Aurora Javelins at literally everyone who came in range of me. Tried to get them off cliffs into the lava. Can't believe they let us spam that.

Is there a decent way to get my first purples as a recent 160? I have full blue 160 dungeon gear, but I'm guessing I should just find a set I like and pursue it. Just specific dungeon queue for it over and over?

15+ Year Old Account
    I got those advised specs. I'm seeing multiple votes for war horn. Is extra crit damage really that good? I already have combat prayer on my bars. Unless there's also some huge benefit to having extra magika and stam that I'm missing.

Also I read cloth armor is a standard set for a pve healer. But it's just so damn squishy. I'm getting one shot in normal dungeons by unavoidable mechanics at around 12k health. I have to eat health food but I don't exactly have the level to cook it myself.

I also had to get a bit into pvp to unlock War Horn. Had a bit of a mixed experience. Can't really do any decent damage to players while I die within a second. Not really a positive experience to keep a new player interested. However, I did find some fun and usefulness throwing Aurora Javelins at literally everyone who came in range of me. Tried to get them off cliffs into the lava. Can't believe they let us spam that.

Is there a decent way to get my first purples as a recent 160? I have full blue 160 dungeon gear, but I'm guessing I should just find a set I like and pursue it. Just specific dungeon queue for it over and over?
    17k health with food buff is the bare minimum for a new player. Preferably go up to 20k until you learn the mechanics. Once you know how to avoid all shit etc. you can drop some health.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    That Light Armor skill isn’t an Ultimate, its just a normal skill. Annulment is great! Most usually morph is to Harness Magicka for the sustain. Definitely try using that as it could help a lot

Here is how my build works. Its an aggressive play style, but you cab see the strength. The gear is quite attainable, Burning Spellweave, Mothers Sorrow. And you can use Grothdarr as the Monster Set

You are right about Annulment not being an ultimate, my bad. I still don't feel I need a shield in my regular abilities, unless I change things in general.

Thanks for the video, appreciated. I would say the main differences between your set-up and mine is that:

a) you use Puncturing Sweep for your filler, while I have it as the AoE filler and Dark Flare as my single target one. The reason I do this is because I prefer to play as range dps and quite frankly if I could get away with not using Sweep I would do so. Unfortunately, though, it does crazy damage AND it heals, so it stays on my bars and for AoE I play melee

b) you have on both bars Inner Light, which I don't use at all since I don't find the 5% extra magicka to be worth having even fewer buttons to use. I use instead Structured Entropy for the 20% Spell Power and 5% health buffs (kind of irrelevant the health buff) and Vampire's Bane for the Spell Critical buff.

c) Instead of Elemental Drain I have Breath of Life as a utility spell, both personal and group, and I cannot stress enough how many times I use this when pugging in PvE.

From there on we have the same spells, just slightly different set-up, plus when I will bother again with my templar I will be removing sweeps from my ultimates because it serves no purpose for me. I also use fire destro front bar and lightning destro back bar, partly because I am running with Illambris as my monster set (my other sets are the Mad Tinkerer for the proc and the amazeballs looks (lol) and War Maiden because I bought a 5 piece purple set of jewellery and weapons with mostly the right traits for a total of 12k gold).

Thanks again for this, much appreciated.

A few things to keep in mind just to get you started (any of the more knowledgeable contributors can correct me if I am wrong):

1) Your traits on your gear are very important and you can change them at a station in Clockwork City. To do that, you need enough currency for it (Transmute Crystals) while you need to have the trait you want already researched in your relevant crafting profession.

2) If your gear is perfect in every way and the only issue is that it's blue, you can also upgrade it to purple at any crafting station of the relevant profession. You will need to have your crafting high enough (I believe probably 50) and have enough materials to do so.

3) Add some health though traits (increase the enchant value) and enchant (plus-health ones) combos if you can spare the materials. Make sure you do that on items that give you a better bang for your money, ie head, chest, legs or shield if you use one. The reason these are better is because you get the full value of the glyph you use on them. For now I would aim for 16k health without food, so around 20k with food.

4) Buy a set from the guild traders. Honestly, you can find some pretty good sets on the cheap because they might not be considered good enough for min-maxing or their traits are not the best or whatever. I would say definitely try to target purple jewellery with good traits as it's the most pain of a profession to level up (and hence, upgrade and/or change the traits). From there on, I use the eso sets webpage a lot for searching for sets and I find it quite useful, have a look yourself and see how you like it https://eso-sets.com/

Good luck and have fun!
    Last edited by Fkiolaris; 2019-05-26 at 10:29 AM.

I use both breath of life AND ele drain TBH. as they are very different utility and both are in use constantly.

also you can upgrade at any level, maxed out crafting merely allows you to get passives in crafting skill lines that makes upgrading CHEAPER.

Yeah, I looked through the sets and didn't really find anything all that game changing. Decided to settle for Combat Physician and ran through some sewers a few times until I got the 5 piece effect. Guessing though it's supposed to ideally be 5 pieces of armor, all with the Divines traits, with one piece of medium and heavy armor each. With a different weapon with it's own set effect. Wondering if I should just run it in Vet and try getting them as purple drops. Been wondering why there's so many high levels in normals anyway.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2019-05-27 at 01:54 AM.

Yeah, I looked through the sets and didn't really find anything all that game changing. Decided to settle for Combat Physician and ran through some sewers a few times until I got the 5 piece effect. Guessing though it's supposed to ideally be 5 pieces of armor, all with the Divines traits, with one piece of medium and heavy armor each. With a different weapon with it's own set effect. Wondering if I should just run it in Vet and try getting them as purple drops. Been wondering why there's so many high levels in normals anyway.
    normals are easier and faster. it also tends to be easier in general to upgrade blues vs farming purples with exception of jewelry. which is part of the reason why people farm normals .

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    The disappointing thing for me is that the expansion, at least from where I am sitting, offers nothing to make me want to buy it and a few reasons to actually dislike it.

As a casual player that takes his time to a) explore the amazing world and stories and b) faff around with classes and builds without trying to min-max, this expansion offers a new zone with dungeons/trials world bosses (so more of the same and I still have shitloads to do from what's already in the game), a new class in necromancer that holds no interest to me in general (and in any game) and nerfs/complete changes to abilities left, right and centre. I mainly play magicka templar and a stamina 2H fire DK (a hybrid really) and I got nerfs in both my spammables and complete change of utility in my main defensives (one not even being a definsive anymore). I fully appreciate this is the nature of the MMOs in general, but if the only thing to look forward to are class changes and they are all nerfs to what I play, then...

Anyway, I hope others enjoy this more.
    You really can't blame your shit taste on the game my dude.

- - - Updated - - -

OT: Regarding the future of this expansion: At the end of the main storyline, Tharn talks about needing to go to Pellitine (southern Elsweyr, basically) because something is going on down there. Do you guys think it will be patched in later? Northern Elsweyr is pretty awesome, one of my favorite zones, but it's a bit hard for me to justify 40 bucks for 1 zone and a class.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    You really can't blame your shit taste on the game my dude.
    Atta boy, you showed me there, now go and get your cookie

10+ Year Old Account
    How is everyone enjoying Elsweyr? I've had to put ESO on the backburner as I get prepped for FFXIV, but I'm thinking about picking it back up after I get my fill of Shadowbringers. Thoughts on the new Chapter?

after playing a week:
    - I thought elsweyr would be bigger (on the map)
    - I want the next elder scrolls game to be in elsweyr
    - I want the next dlc to be skyrim (damn those dragons are amazing)
    - it's fun to fight the dragons as you can help to kill it even if you're lvl4 and you still get rewards from that and feels like a threat as they are roaming around
    - necromancer is the class I always needed but never knew it until I played it (and I'm the guy who usually never plays a necromancer but they made a great job)

those lil cats are adorable!

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    after playing a week:
    - I thought elsweyr would be bigger (on the map)
    - I want the next elder scrolls game to be in elsweyr
    - I want the next dlc to be skyrim (damn those dragons are amazing)
    - it's fun to fight the dragons as you can help to kill it even if you're lvl4 and you still get rewards from that and feels like a threat as they are roaming around
    - necromancer is the class I always needed but never knew it until I played it (and I'm the guy who usually never plays a necromancer but they made a great job)

those lil cats are adorable!
    its too early to dragons to pop up in skyrim, and the last one until the time of skyrim, was serving Tiber Septim during the Events of Redguard.
    Pelentine may be the Next Zone in the update since abnur tharn wants to visit the province.

And for those asking who Aspera is if playing in the pact zones its Boethiah, and before you ask, Daedric princes are considered genderless, but Azura, Boethiah and Mephala are all female, Boethiah disguising herself as the male image of Trinimac its one of her well known Lies, as she roams Tamriel as a Dunmer Amazon to keep an eye on new possible new champions

its also hinted that Nerevar is Her son with Prophet Veloth, therefore making him a Demiprince

I have no idea about the lore in elder scrolls...
    and what I meant was thanks to the dragons I want to play in skyrim (don't care if with or wthout dragons )

I noticed you actually have enough pieces to run two separate 5 piece sets. Is that the meta some people try for? Really wish there were some damage meters in this game so I knew how my setup and gameplay compared to others.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed you actually have enough pieces to run two separate 5 piece sets. Is that the meta some people try for? Really wish there were some damage meters in this game so I knew how my setup and gameplay compared to others.
    You can get a test dummy for your house. When you kill the dummy, it posts your DPS in the chat pod.

You can see how it displays in the below video.

As for Sets, you have 12 available Item Slots. This allows you to have 2x 5pc sets, and 1x 2pc Set (Monster Set)

Generally, people wear Weapons and Jewelry of the same 5pm set. Chest, Gloves, Waist, Legs, and Boots of another 5pc Set. And also a 2pc Monster Set which is Helm and Shoulders.

Note: 2 Handed Weapons including Bows and Staves count as 2pcs of a Set.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2019-05-28 at 05:08 PM.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

in addition to above, IF you play on PC, there is combat metrics addons that is personal dps meter (it sorta estimates group dps and stuff, but its really best used for personal improvement as it telsl you your updates, ability use percentages, etc) they also just added combat logs into the game, not entirely sure how they are used, cause I pretty much am taking a break from most group content at the moment, but... there is that.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2019-05-28 at 09:41 PM.

Am i blind, or is there no way to upgrade from normal elsweyr to collectors elsweyr? There should be a 10 bucks upgrade option, but i'm just not seeing it, and adding the CE upgrade to my cart doesn't deduct the price i already payed for standard elsweyr. Which seems either like a mistake, or really greedy behaviour on their side, but i'd like to think it's just a mistake.