1. #3501
    So we have a date for the Elsweyr PTS, April 15th. Prepare your Khajiit memes!
    m.bacc6666
    Last edited by Hannah25; 2019-04-17 at 09:36 AM.

  2. #3502
    The Unstoppable Force Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    21,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannah25 View Post
    So we have a date for the Elsweyr PTS, April 15th. Prepare your Khajiit memes!


    Can't wait to test necro on the PTS!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

  3. #3503
    Stood in the Fire Felmourn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wyrmrest Accord-US / Bigglesworth-US
    Posts
    380
    Necro comes out with Elsweyr correct?

    Pretty stoked to try one out when they're released! A bit of me wants them to be similar to Necro in DAoC, but I know it won't even be nearly the same.
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

  4. #3504
    The Unstoppable Force Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    21,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Felmourn View Post
    Necro comes out with Elsweyr correct?

    Pretty stoked to try one out when they're released! A bit of me wants them to be similar to Necro in DAoC, but I know it won't even be nearly the same.
    Yes, necro comes out with Elsweyr. Elsweyr PTR testing starts 15th this month.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

  5. #3505
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yes, necro comes out with Elsweyr. Elsweyr PTR testing starts 15th this month.
    Probably will end up buying it and coming back on PS4 knowing me. I fucking love Necromancers. It's my favourite class in any RPG setting. Except Diablo 3 where they flat out ruined it.

    Any time me and friends play D&D I choose Necromancer.... which pisses them off because they want me to pick something support like for a change like a Cleric or whatnot.

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...pc-eu-april-10

    They've actually had to implement a login queue because of the recent influx of new players. Must be getting a huge influx if they've had to do that which is amazing.

  6. #3506
    The Unstoppable Force Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    21,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Probably will end up buying it and coming back on PS4 knowing me. I fucking love Necromancers. It's my favourite class in any RPG setting. Except Diablo 3 where they flat out ruined it.

    Any time me and friends play D&D I choose Necromancer.... which pisses them off because they want me to pick something support like for a change like a Cleric or whatnot.

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...pc-eu-april-10

    They've actually had to implement a login queue because of the recent influx of new players. Must be getting a huge influx if they've had to do that which is amazing.
    It's been very laggy recently and the queues for BG's and dungeons are broken, because of the overcrowding. Hopefully they can get that extra capacity up and running soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

  7. #3507
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    It's been very laggy recently and the queues for BG's and dungeons are broken, because of the overcrowding. Hopefully they can get that extra capacity up and running soon.
    Aye it probably is a bit hellish ingame at the moment. But it's great to see so much new blood joining the game. It deserves it.

  8. #3508
    The Unstoppable Force Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    21,028
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...te-april-11/p1

    Everyone,

    After seeing the commentary about the queuing system being enabled on the PC EU servers yesterday, I thought I'd let everyone know what has been leading up to this, and what we are doing to alleviate the situation.

    Please note that the situation that led to the queuing system being enabled is not related to the overall client performance issues that we talked about at the end of last year - those engine optimizations are still underway and hopefully you'll see them in-game at some point this year. The situation that led to queuing has nothing to do with client performance - it is because our servers are overloaded.

    Starting in January we've had an influx of new players - we've have had some of our highest weekly average user, daily active user, and peak concurrent user numbers in the last six weeks since we launched on console back in 2015. So, it was in January when EU players started noticing degraded server performance. We made tweaks and updates to the service to free up extra database resources and other boosts to performance, which is why you have been seeing more and longer maintenance outages than normal in the last couple of months.

    However, in late March, we really saw a huge spike in the number of users logging in, which led to too many concurrent users for the platform to effectively support. As a result, players on PC EU have seen a severe degradation in service. This degradation started in January, but has greatly accelerated in the last week - lag spikes, disconnects, inability to zone from instance to instance, weird interactions with LFG, etc. These problems are greatly exacerbated by having serious load on the servers, as there are too many users for the hardware to handle.

    A quick aside: these problems affect the PC EU more than the other megaservers because it has our highest peak concurrency of any of our six megaservers. The reason: the EU is a highly PC-centric gaming market - and also because almost all of our EU players are located in two time zones. Compared to the North American servers, where there are four time zones to spread out the "peak playing time", the EU has almost all its users logged in at the same time, which leads to very high peak usage.

    So, here is what we are doing to fix the problem:

    • Short term, we are turning on our queuing system (as you saw yesterday), which will cap the maximum number of players allowed on the PC EU megaserver. You should only see the queue at peak times, when demand is higher than the hardware supports. As was posted yesterday, the estimated time to login may not be 100% accurate, but it will give you an idea of how big the line is. ALSO: if you are disconnected from the server for any reason, you should have a twenty minute grace period to log back in and "skip" the queue.
    • Longer term: we are spinning up additional hardware in both our NA and EU datacenters in order to support our growing user base. We expect the time frame for this to be about two weeks, but we will keep you posted. And yes, we are adding more capacity to PC NA as well as EU because we are rapidly approaching the same problem in NA and want to get ahead of it. We will also be looking very closely at our Console megaservers to make sure they have enough capacity.
    I know it is frustrating to be stuck in queue, but it is better to do this than have the entire service be unstable and frustrating for everyone. We will do everything we can to get the new hardware online as quickly as possible and stop queuing and have the service return to normal. Stay tuned for details.

    Matt

    Matt Firor
    ESO Game Director
    Hooray for the bolded part!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

  9. #3509
    That's a damn good problem to have. It's awesome seeing the game stumble out of the gate, regain its footing, and really seem to take off from there rather than just sustain/slowly contract.

  10. #3510
    The Unstoppable Force Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    21,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's a damn good problem to have. It's awesome seeing the game stumble out of the gate, regain its footing, and really seem to take off from there rather than just sustain/slowly contract.
    Yeah all the WoW refugees are flocking in ESO. Thanks Blizzard.


    And the new ESO expansion is still a month and a half away - surely it will get even more crowded once it's live.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

  11. #3511
    Titan Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    11,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Probably will end up buying it and coming back on PS4 knowing me. I fucking love Necromancers. It's my favourite class in any RPG setting. Except Diablo 3 where they flat out ruined it.

    Any time me and friends play D&D I choose Necromancer.... which pisses them off because they want me to pick something support like for a change like a Cleric or whatnot.

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...pc-eu-april-10

    They've actually had to implement a login queue because of the recent influx of new players. Must be getting a huge influx if they've had to do that which is amazing.
    Welll i am working on a kind of healing necro soo maybe if i finish it it will help out

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yeah all the WoW refugees are flocking in ESO. Thanks Blizzard.


    And the new ESO expansion is still a month and a half away - surely it will get even more crowded once it's live.
    Welll ESO and FFXIV..With a few going gw2..but yeah ESO and FFXIV are definitely getting the lions share

  12. #3512
    Some things to note because we have a lot of new ESO players.

    The ESO Chapter PTS is not like a WoW PTR or the normal PTS. If it works like the Summerset and Morrowind ones then:

    a) access will only be available for those who have prepurchased the Chapter
    b) there WILL be an NDA for Elsweyr, most likely limited to the story of the zone
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  13. #3513
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The troves really speed things up since you can get a lot of skill points from laundering/fencing and troves often have stacks of items. Pickpocketing is really not ideal until you have are almost done (17) or unless you are a Khajiit
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    or maybe you should try my method and see if you like it better? :P incidentally it also results in several dyes - from breaking and entering and eventual pickpocketing. not to mention a plethora or furnishing recipes. they don't sell for as much nowadays, but back when I leveled all my main thieves, those recipes were like 70% of my trade guild income.
    Did they patch the livestock stealing thing on Khenarthi's Roost? I leveled mine up super easy with this. On the east side of the island just a little ways from the wayshrine is a flock of sheep that are livestock and owned by the shepherds there. They go down with one bow shot and everything on them is considered stolen. Unfortunately to make sure you don't get caught you'll need to kill the shepherds, but you can stock up on a TON of items in a relatively short amount of time...so long as it's not being overly farmed by other people. I spent about 2 hours there one day and got enough items to fully level up Legerdemain over the next few days through fencing and laundering.

    The value of the item doesn't have an impact on leveling up, just the number of items you fence and/or launder.

  14. #3514
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Some things to note because we have a lot of new ESO players.

    The ESO Chapter PTS is not like a WoW PTR or the normal PTS. If it works like the Summerset and Morrowind ones then:

    a) access will only be available for those who have prepurchased the Chapter
    b) there WILL be an NDA for Elsweyr, most likely limited to the story of the zone
    for dummies (me):
    to play a necro on pts I have to pre-purchase elsweyr?

  15. #3515
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    for dummies (me):
    to play a necro on pts I have to pre-purchase elsweyr?
    I assume so. Not certain but I think that's how it worked for previous chapters.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  16. #3516
    Stood in the Fire Felmourn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wyrmrest Accord-US / Bigglesworth-US
    Posts
    380
    BTW - Been farming Sky Anchors for Fighters Guild Rep. I always see cake - how do I get cake?
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

  17. #3517
    The Unstoppable Force Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    21,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Felmourn View Post
    BTW - Been farming Sky Anchors for Fighters Guild Rep. I always see cake - how do I get cake?
    Start the festival quest from the crown store (it's free).
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

  18. #3518
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Did they patch the livestock stealing thing on Khenarthi's Roost? I leveled mine up super easy with this. On the east side of the island just a little ways from the wayshrine is a flock of sheep that are livestock and owned by the shepherds there. They go down with one bow shot and everything on them is considered stolen. Unfortunately to make sure you don't get caught you'll need to kill the shepherds, but you can stock up on a TON of items in a relatively short amount of time...so long as it's not being overly farmed by other people. I spent about 2 hours there one day and got enough items to fully level up Legerdemain over the next few days through fencing and laundering.

    The value of the item doesn't have an impact on leveling up, just the number of items you fence and/or launder.
    as far as I know they didn't patch it. they also didn't patch the warehouse in Vukhel guard.

    I just like to work on multiple achievements and if I'm going to be stealing anyway, might as well make some extra gold off it

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Felmourn View Post
    BTW - Been farming Sky Anchors for Fighters Guild Rep. I always see cake - how do I get cake?
    also, the quest is going to ask you for cooking materials. if you don't have any on hand - there are bags of flour, apples and honey barrels right next to the chef (some might be inside the boat next to him, some outside, and they are NOT stolen items either). so don't buy them from traders or anything - its literally right there, for free.

  19. #3519
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Did they patch the livestock stealing thing on Khenarthi's Roost? I leveled mine up super easy with this. On the east side of the island just a little ways from the wayshrine is a flock of sheep that are livestock and owned by the shepherds there. They go down with one bow shot and everything on them is considered stolen. Unfortunately to make sure you don't get caught you'll need to kill the shepherds, but you can stock up on a TON of items in a relatively short amount of time...so long as it's not being overly farmed by other people. I spent about 2 hours there one day and got enough items to fully level up Legerdemain over the next few days through fencing and laundering.

    The value of the item doesn't have an impact on leveling up, just the number of items you fence and/or launder.
    As far as I'm aware the rarity of the item does effect it tho right? And usually rare = more money.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-04-13 at 01:20 AM.

  20. #3520
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    as far as I know they didn't patch it. they also didn't patch the warehouse in Vukhel guard.

    I just like to work on multiple achievements and if I'm going to be stealing anyway, might as well make some extra gold off it
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    As far as I'm aware the rarity of the item does effect it tho right? And usually rare = more money.
    Good to know it wasn't patched, if I ever go for another character through the Thieves guild I'll definitely be using that option again.

    I'm not 100% sure actually. If it does affect it, IMO it's not by enough to make it worth the extra effort to go and find a bunch of rare items in harder to reach areas, etc... when these items are super easy and plentiful, and the shepherds you have to kill do sometimes drop some pretty decent stuff too. I figured I could go for the more valuable and rarer stuff once I got it leveled and had more traits to make it easier, or at least less risky if I got caught.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •