Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Honestly I'm tempted to throw down crowns and buy the DLCs I'm missing on PS4. Already paying a sub for FF14, Netflix and PS Plus so I don't really wanna do a 4th. (Not saying the value of ESO Plus isn't worth it just that 4 subs is excessive).

However just one question. Do I lose whatever dye I have on my gear if I forgo Plus?
    gear or costumes? you only need ESO plus to dye costumes, outfits you design yourself - can be dyed without ESO plus. and yeah, you do not lose anything, you just cannot change the dye on COSTUMES. the biggest loss, TBH is crafting bag. you still have acess to stuff in it, but its no longer going to be adding to it, so space is going to become an issue unless you do NO crafting and very limited looting.

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    I just jumped back into the game after about a year and a half. Is there anything in particular I should be doing to prep for the new expansion? I plan on starting a necromancer as my main once it hits. I currently have a stamina nightblade. Are there any good spots to farm gold or crafting materials? Should I just grind out champion points? I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed.
    Do whatever is the bonus each week for this anniversary event going on. You get bonus caches that can have basically any motif, any crafting material, etc., in the game in them (obviously rarer stuff is rarer in the caches as well). Plus the style pages which people occasionally buy to fill gaps.

This week its PvP, you get the caches from PvP related daily quests, so the BG daily quests, Cyrodiil daily quests, and Imperial City daily quests. Also of VERY particular note, this includes the PvE daily quests in Cyrodiil in places like Bruma, Vlastarus, Cropsford... Each of these places has ten daily quests that are relatively fast and easy (apart from the occasional delve boss one which take a while unless you are lucky because Cyrodiil bosses take centuries to respawn); you can do them in very rapid succession (for example, Bruma, if no one is challenging it/no pvp is happening, you can do them all in like 20 minutes...

Also if you hop into one of the low population campaigns, you can probably even do the ones in the towns you don't even control (you don't need control to do the quests), you will just have to sneak past guards and risk wasting your time (you will have to run very far since you don't own it) since 12 year old gankers might be there specifically for no other reason than to kill people doing those quests...

Next week its dungeon and trial dailies, so you will want to do undaunted pledges...

And then the week after that it is ANY daily quest in the game... So crafting writs, thieves guild, dark brotherhood, undaunted pledges, daily delves, daily world bosses, etc., you name it, they will all give bonus caches... So you can just focus on what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Do whatever is the bonus each week for this anniversary event going on. You get bonus caches that can have basically any motif, any crafting material, etc., in the game in them (obviously rarer stuff is rarer in the caches as well). Plus the style pages which people occasionally buy to fill gaps.

This week its PvP, you get the caches from PvP related daily quests, so the BG daily quests, Cyrodiil daily quests, and Imperial City daily quests. Also of VERY particular note, this includes the PvE daily quests in Cyrodiil in places like Bruma, Vlastarus, Cropsford... Each of these places has ten daily quests that are relatively fast and easy (apart from the occasional delve boss one which take a while unless you are lucky because Cyrodiil bosses take centuries to respawn); you can do them in very rapid succession (for example, Bruma, if no one is challenging it/no pvp is happening, you can do them all in like 20 minutes...

Also if you hop into one of the low population campaigns, you can probably even do the ones in the towns you don't even control (you don't need control to do the quests), you will just have to sneak past guards and risk wasting your time (you will have to run very far since you don't own it) since 12 year old gankers might be there specifically for no other reason than to kill people doing those quests...

Next week its dungeon and trial dailies, so you will want to do undaunted pledges...

And then the week after that it is ANY daily quest in the game... So crafting writs, thieves guild, dark brotherhood, undaunted pledges, daily delves, daily world bosses, etc., you name it, they will all give bonus caches... So you can just focus on what you like.
    Nice, thanks for the info. Is there a specific spot or NPC where you pick up the quests?

Nice, thanks for the info. Is there a specific spot or NPC where you pick up the quests?
    For dailies they have a blue arrow on the compass or giver.

If you want to do a zone story you can start a breadcrumb via the zone guide for that specific zone. And if you get lost you can use the zone guide to set you right again.

You'll find the battleground quest guy in every major city, he will be standing next to some tents with big banners raised above them.

Cyrodiil PvP quests are from the bounty boards right where you enter Cyrodiil.

To get to the Imperial City you have to teleport near to the marked entrances and then run there. You have to do a quest chain to unlock the dailies there, you pick up the mission on the board right next to the door in your base, it will tell you to raise the banner in some district, you go over one room and take the shortcut to that district, there will be a quest there to do... You do this in each of the six districts and then there is one more follow up quest, after that, there will be six daily quests in the Imperial City, one in each district, acquired by taking the same shortcuts from your base.

And the Bruma, Vlastarus, and Cropsford quests are from two NPCs in each of those towns. Just have to run there and they are easy to spot.

If anyone that can pull their weight in vet dungeons wanna add me throw me a pm, I'm stamnb. I'm trying to fill my friend list with people that aren't retarded. I find the most difficulty getting dps that don't suck horribly. I don't have a proper 2pc or my 2nd proper 5pc yet but I outperform most dps in LFG, coming up on 300cp and know my rotation.

Despite still being pretty newish in ESO I'm familiar with combat mechanics and learn fights pretty much instantly as I go. I swear this is the worst game for PuGs.. getting pre-nerf cataclysm heroic vibes. Either you steamroll the dungeon or spend 2 hours.
    The greatest ever thread on MMO-Champion

I work a lot, fuck my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    If anyone that can pull their weight in vet dungeons wanna add me throw me a pm, I'm stamnb. I'm trying to fill my friend list with people that aren't retarded. I find the most difficulty getting dps that don't suck horribly. I don't have a proper 2pc or my 2nd proper 5pc yet but I outperform most dps in LFG, coming up on 300cp and know my rotation.

Despite still being pretty newish in ESO I'm familiar with combat mechanics and learn fights pretty much instantly as I go. I swear this is the worst game for PuGs.. getting pre-nerf cataclysm heroic vibes. Either you steamroll the dungeon or spend 2 hours.
    There is indeed a massive variance in difficulty from dungeon to dungeon and mechanics do not always make sense or they do not always function the same way. The DLC ones are (much) more difficult than the base ones while even some selected few of the base ones can be a complete and utter nightmare for unprepared pugs (the final boss at Darkshade Caverns 2 for example). From what I can see there are constant requests to add the option to exclude DLC dungeons from the LFG tool, but ZOS doesn't seem to want to play ball unfortunately.

I'm trying to decide between a warden or templar for healing. Any thought or opinions on the pros and cons for each?

I'm trying to decide between a warden or templar for healing. Any thought or opinions on the pros and cons for each?
    templar is more of a standard meta healer. you have a very good tool kit.

warden IMO is a bit more fun, but not as desired in high end progression groups at the moment (this can change - few months ago they were THE in demand healer). you also don't have as powerful of an "oh shit" button, but on a flip side, a few extra buffs built in for smaller groups.

both are very good healers for pretty much any and all content. honestly, I can't even say at this point which one is my main, as I heal on both about equally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post

There are 4-5 different tiers of difficulty when it comes to ESO dungeons. Some Vets are easier than some normals and some Vet Harmodes belong to a Dark Souls game.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

is there any addon for better Q tracking and maybe showing wich way to go ?

Im new in this game but i was totally lost about Questing (wow make me comfortable)

Quote Originally Posted by Haligy View Post
    is there any addon for better Q tracking and maybe showing wich way to go ?

Im new in this game but i was totally lost about Questing (wow make me comfortable)
    I personally use Ravalox Quest Tracker and I like it. There is also FCM Quest Tracker that other's like to use. You can also use the Zone Guide for some help (it's with the map, when you press M).

If I may ask, do you have any expansions or just the base game?

I have collection elder scrolls not have new dlc + wanna buying eso plus

But im interest make a healer i wanna warden but not sure if only buy from store or is there any good healer meta for pve/ maybe pvp

I have collection elder scrolls not have new dlc + wanna buying eso plus

But im interest make a healer i wanna warden but not sure if only buy from store or is there any good healer meta for pve/ maybe pvp
    Warden is bought with crowns separately as an upgrade. Currently Templar is probably better. Warden, Templar and Sorcerer are perfectly good healers for ALL content. Necromancer will probably be a solid healer as well. Nightblade and Dragonknight healers also work but I don't think DL heals have ever been meta (NB were for a while but haven't been for a long time).
    If you are a new player, I'd suggest you heal with a Breton Templar. Not because it is the meta choice (it IS) but because the extra regen makes it more forgiving and Templars have the best clutch heal (Breath of Life) in the game. It also works very well for PvP. If you are coming from WoW, know that ESO healing is a very different beast.

Yes im comming from wow . But can i leveling with healers spells? or can i go full time like healer ? I mean u cant lvling in wow with resto druid etc. Then i go for templar

Yes im comming from wow . But can i leveling with healers spells? or can i go full time like healer ? I mean u cant lvling in wow with resto druid etc. Then i go for templar
    An ESO "healer" needs to know a large number of damage spells considering your back bar will largely be damage spells, you are unlikely to need to spend every moment healing and you will be expected to damage and debuff enemies at all levels of content.

Yes you can level as whatever you want, options are there especially for magicka user just equip a destruction staff and some abilities.
    The greatest ever thread on MMO-Champion

I work a lot, fuck my life.

as others have said - in ESO you don't have set specs like in WoW. all your skills are available to you, both class and weapon, you just decide which ones you want to level and how. and because technically every class can do all 3 roles (some just specialize better) i tend to level ALL my alts as healers, cause i like to throw in random dungeons into the mix and healer queue, just like in wow - pops faster. most normal dungeons, especially the ones you get while leveling - can be healed with first 2-3 abilities from resto staff skill line, which unlock very VERY quickly.

the biggest difference between ESO healing and WoW, is that you don't target health bars. to take resto druid as example. you know how you have blooming mushrooms that you place on a ground? most ESO heals are kinda like that. you either have ground AoE heals, or conal heals you have to aim in roughly people's direction (so you want to keep your group in front of you, positioning matters a LOT more) and smart heals that kinda work like chain heal or prayer of mending, but without initial specific target. you can force the initial target via proximity, but you cannot directly select your heal target.

Heya, I would like to ask one more question - about gear when leveling.

Being a lv34 stamblade I understand stamina is my primary attribute (duh) but I'm curious - is it better to keep lower level stamina gear or replace it with higher level gear but without stamina?
    Will I see noticeable damage loss if I replace my lv20 stamina helmet with lv34 magicka helmet?
    Does it even matter if I'm not yet lv50? Should I just wear what has higher lv and don't overthink it?

Sorry but I'm still little confused about gear progression in this game ;/
    Last edited by zvr; 2019-04-22 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zvr View Post
    Heya, I would like to ask one more question - about gear when leveling.

Being a lv34 stamblade I understand stamina is my primary attribute (duh) but I'm curious - is it better to keep lower level stamina gear or replace it with higher level gear but without stamina?
    Will I see noticeable damage loss if I replace my lv20 stamina helmet with lv34 magicka helmet?
    Does it even matter if I'm not yet lv50? Should I just wear what has higher lv and don't overthink it?

Sorry but I'm still little confused about gear progression in this game ;/
    Yes because if you are getting stamina morphs that magicka will do literally nothing for you. Pretty sure you can buy stamina enchants from vendors though and replace the magicka enchants. I say 'pretty sure' because I honestly don't know, haven't bought an enchant from a vendor since like 2014.

Oh and since you are new and talking about leveling, I don't know if anyone mentioned this to you but try to keep at least one of each type of gear on at once... Like if you plan to focus on medium armor, still keep at least one piece of light armor and one piece of heavy armor in there somewhere (you don't need to be wearing five pieces of the armor you are focusing on later until you get the passives for it). Because if you end up going hard, you will want all of the armor trees leveled to min/max because you will have five of one type of armor and one of each other type to get the max undaunted bonus + the very small bonuses you get from those other armor tree passives.

Same deal with skills... After you max a skill and its morph, which happens pretty quickly for some of the earlier skills/morphs... Swap them out for other skills/morphs you may also use so you are always leveling something, or have your back bar be nothing but leveling skills/some off weapon that you swap to when turning in quests (assuming nothing on your front bar/your main weapon needs leveling)...
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2019-04-22 at 11:24 PM.