1. #3601
    Quote Originally Posted by Haligy View Post
    Yes im comming from wow . But can i leveling with healers spells? or can i go full time like healer ? I mean u cant lvling in wow with resto druid etc. Then i go for templar
    as others have said - in ESO you don't have set specs like in WoW. all your skills are available to you, both class and weapon, you just decide which ones you want to level and how. and because technically every class can do all 3 roles (some just specialize better) i tend to level ALL my alts as healers, cause i like to throw in random dungeons into the mix and healer queue, just like in wow - pops faster. most normal dungeons, especially the ones you get while leveling - can be healed with first 2-3 abilities from resto staff skill line, which unlock very VERY quickly.

    the biggest difference between ESO healing and WoW, is that you don't target health bars. to take resto druid as example. you know how you have blooming mushrooms that you place on a ground? most ESO heals are kinda like that. you either have ground AoE heals, or conal heals you have to aim in roughly people's direction (so you want to keep your group in front of you, positioning matters a LOT more) and smart heals that kinda work like chain heal or prayer of mending, but without initial specific target. you can force the initial target via proximity, but you cannot directly select your heal target.

  2. #3602
    Heya, I would like to ask one more question - about gear when leveling.

    Being a lv34 stamblade I understand stamina is my primary attribute (duh) but I'm curious - is it better to keep lower level stamina gear or replace it with higher level gear but without stamina?
    Will I see noticeable damage loss if I replace my lv20 stamina helmet with lv34 magicka helmet?
    Does it even matter if I'm not yet lv50? Should I just wear what has higher lv and don't overthink it?

    Sorry but I'm still little confused about gear progression in this game ;/
    Last edited by zvr; 2019-04-22 at 10:53 PM.

  3. #3603
    Old God I Push Buttons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    10,407
    Quote Originally Posted by zvr View Post
    Heya, I would like to ask one more question - about gear when leveling.

    Being a lv34 stamblade I understand stamina is my primary attribute (duh) but I'm curious - is it better to keep lower level stamina gear or replace it with higher level gear but without stamina?
    Will I see noticeable damage loss if I replace my lv20 stamina helmet with lv34 magicka helmet?
    Does it even matter if I'm not yet lv50? Should I just wear what has higher lv and don't overthink it?

    Sorry but I'm still little confused about gear progression in this game ;/
    Yes because if you are getting stamina morphs that magicka will do literally nothing for you. Pretty sure you can buy stamina enchants from vendors though and replace the magicka enchants. I say 'pretty sure' because I honestly don't know, haven't bought an enchant from a vendor since like 2014.

    Oh and since you are new and talking about leveling, I don't know if anyone mentioned this to you but try to keep at least one of each type of gear on at once... Like if you plan to focus on medium armor, still keep at least one piece of light armor and one piece of heavy armor in there somewhere (you don't need to be wearing five pieces of the armor you are focusing on later until you get the passives for it). Because if you end up going hard, you will want all of the armor trees leveled to min/max because you will have five of one type of armor and one of each other type to get the max undaunted bonus + the very small bonuses you get from those other armor tree passives.

    Same deal with skills... After you max a skill and its morph, which happens pretty quickly for some of the earlier skills/morphs... Swap them out for other skills/morphs you may also use so you are always leveling something, or have your back bar be nothing but leveling skills/some off weapon that you swap to when turning in quests (assuming nothing on your front bar/your main weapon needs leveling)...
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2019-04-22 at 11:24 PM.

  4. #3604
    I'm just starting to get into this game as well because I hear it's strong on the solo aspect. Hoping it fixes a lot of the things WoW has wrong with it. So many players in WoW seem to be stuck with the mentality you should need a group to do anything meaningful in an MMO.

    But I'm curious how challenging the end game content is in this game. Is there any endless upwards scaling content similar to mythic+?

  5. #3605
    Quote Originally Posted by zvr View Post
    Heya, I would like to ask one more question - about gear when leveling.

    Being a lv34 stamblade I understand stamina is my primary attribute (duh) but I'm curious - is it better to keep lower level stamina gear or replace it with higher level gear but without stamina?
    Will I see noticeable damage loss if I replace my lv20 stamina helmet with lv34 magicka helmet?
    Does it even matter if I'm not yet lv50? Should I just wear what has higher lv and don't overthink it?

    Sorry but I'm still little confused about gear progression in this game ;/
    Join a guild and ask them if someone can make you a set of leveling gear.
    As a Stamina user, at lvl 34 you can easily just get to 50 with a single set of gear; imo best choice for you would be hunding's+shacklebreaker (since we all need a bit of stamina), hunding's+night mother's gaze (for max damage) or hunding's+night's silence (if you prefer stealth play). All armor and weapon pieces should be training. It is fairly cheap to make them all blue and not that expensive to make them all epic. All gear you get while leveling will end up deconstructed to level crafting skills.
    What is your megaserver?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I'm just starting to get into this game as well because I hear it's strong on the solo aspect. Hoping it fixes a lot of the things WoW has wrong with it. So many players in WoW seem to be stuck with the mentality you should need a group to do anything meaningful in an MMO.

    But I'm curious how challenging the end game content is in this game. Is there any endless upwards scaling content similar to mythic+?
    No, not really. Veteran HM Dungeon Bosses are very challenging though. Veteran Trials also often have a few bosses that have Hard Modes (most of them work like Ulduar HMs) and those can be very challenging. Still Trials are sparse and have far fewer bosses than WoW raids.

  6. #3606
    The Unstoppable Force Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    20,602
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Yes because if you are getting stamina morphs that magicka will do literally nothing for you. Pretty sure you can buy stamina enchants from vendors though and replace the magicka enchants. I say 'pretty sure' because I honestly don't know, haven't bought an enchant from a vendor since like 2014.

    Oh and since you are new and talking about leveling, I don't know if anyone mentioned this to you but try to keep at least one of each type of gear on at once... Like if you plan to focus on medium armor, still keep at least one piece of light armor and one piece of heavy armor in there somewhere (you don't need to be wearing five pieces of the armor you are focusing on later until you get the passives for it). Because if you end up going hard, you will want all of the armor trees leveled to min/max because you will have five of one type of armor and one of each other type to get the max undaunted bonus + the very small bonuses you get from those other armor tree passives.

    Same deal with skills... After you max a skill and its morph, which happens pretty quickly for some of the earlier skills/morphs... Swap them out for other skills/morphs you may also use so you are always leveling something, or have your back bar be nothing but leveling skills/some off weapon that you swap to when turning in quests (assuming nothing on your front bar/your main weapon needs leveling)...
    Actually I disagree with pretty much everything considering the leveling of armors and skills. The xp you gain while leveling before 50 is pretty much meaningless.
    Once you hit 50, and especially for the first time, the 4,8 million enlightened XP you will be gaining in an hour will level everything and more to morphed rank 4 and all armors to 50.

    Also, at champion levels the XP gain is so much bigger even without enlightenment that leveling skills is fast. You shouldn't care about leveling skills and passives while leveling the char to 50 at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

  7. #3607
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    16,927
    I'd go with both of their feedback.

    Training Traits, XP Scrolls, and Event XP Boosts will totally help you level skills really fast. If there is a particular skill like you want to level, put 2 or more skills from that line on your bar as it will amplify the amount of XP you get in that skill line.

    But also, if you are just trying to level all skill lines just for the sake of it (Ones you might not uses), you are better off waiting till you are CP160 and possibly enlightened to really give a xp boost to those skill lines.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  8. #3608
    As someone who is leveling up their first character is there any grinds I should be focused on doing that I'm going to regret not having done when I'm max? Like does leveling my crafting matter? Are any materials I get needed at max?

  9. #3609
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    As someone who is leveling up their first character is there any grinds I should be focused on doing that I'm going to regret not having done when I'm max? Like does leveling my crafting matter? Are any materials I get needed at max?
    Depending on what you want to play there's some guild grinds you DEFINITELY want to do while leveling if you can, fighters guild, mages guild, etc.

  10. #3610
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    As someone who is leveling up their first character is there any grinds I should be focused on doing that I'm going to regret not having done when I'm max? Like does leveling my crafting matter? Are any materials I get needed at max?
    crafting materials scale with your personal level AND your crafting level (roughly 50/50 world appearance), the only mats that you can farm now that will be useful at end game are herbs and most of the runes. so as far as mat farming, i wouldn't worry too much about it. however - unlocking all the guilds as soon as possible is extremely helpful. fighter's guild is the easiest to level, undaunted is good to get a headstart on while you are still leveling, by doing at least one random normal dungeon per day (and if you are lucky, you'll also get different dungeons each time and get to complete their quests - that's skill points) make sure to pick up every skyshard you come across - skill points are needed for EVERYTHING, and skyshards give you something like 140ish skill points in total.

    the one thing you want to start on as soon as you can as far as crafting goes, assuming you want to craft your own gear and not just give someone else mats to do it for you - trait research. without any research scrolls it takes about a year or so to research every trait in a game. now.. you don't necessarily NEED every trait in a game, but even some of the more popular 6 trait sets (like julianos, etc) can take couple of months to research for every gear piece you may want in them. so research. most important thing to get a headstart on IF you want to be your own crafter.

  11. #3611
    The Unstoppable Force Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    20,602
    Whether you want to be "a crafter" or not, you still need to research all the important traits for transmuting. You also need to level up all crafting skills for improved refining to refine the quality of your gear.

    This only needs to be done on one character though.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

  12. #3612
    Or you can be like me and forget that and then have to spend a millennia running around finding Divines pieces and other pieces because the set you need to craft requires 6 traits researched....



    (pssst don't be me)

  13. #3613
    How does this game run on console? I’ve been wanting to give it a try and I want to try and get my cuz to try it also but he only has Xbox.

    Main reason I’m still playing wow at this point is my buddy still plays, otherwise I probably would have just made the switch.

  14. #3614
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    16,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    How does this game run on console? I’ve been wanting to give it a try and I want to try and get my cuz to try it also but he only has Xbox.

    Main reason I’m still playing wow at this point is my buddy still plays, otherwise I probably would have just made the switch.
    Runs pretty well. There are moments when you port from on place to another and you get terrible frame rate drops, but it works itself out after a few seconds.

    All in all though, it does work surprisingly well.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  15. #3615
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    How does this game run on console? I’ve been wanting to give it a try and I want to try and get my cuz to try it also but he only has Xbox.

    Main reason I’m still playing wow at this point is my buddy still plays, otherwise I probably would have just made the switch.
    Plays just fine and has active communities on both consoles.

    Is locked to 30 FPS on consoles but more than playable and is very smooth with a controller (PS4 Player here).

    Just bear in mind to play on Xbox or PS4 you need their Xbox Live or PS Plus subscriptions as it's online multiplayer of course.

  16. #3616
    Titan Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    11,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Or you can be like me and forget that and then have to spend a millennia running around finding Divines pieces and other pieces because the set you need to craft requires 6 traits researched....



    (pssst don't be me)
    Try liking a 9 piece set ouuuch

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Plays just fine and has active communities on both consoles.

    Is locked to 30 FPS on consoles but more than playable and is very smooth with a controller (PS4 Player here).

    Just bear in mind to play on Xbox or PS4 you need their Xbox Live or PS Plus subscriptions as it's online multiplayer of course.
    So you do need it kn os4 then? Cause i know sone games like ffxiv do not require it to play online

  17. #3617
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    16,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    So you do need it kn os4 then? Cause i know sone games like ffxiv do not require it to play online
    Yea, ESO is Online Only. You will need either Xbox Live Gold, or PS+
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  18. #3618
    Titan Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    11,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Yea, ESO is Online Only. You will need either Xbox Live Gold, or PS+
    I looked it up just now and actually eso is one that does NOT require playstation plus


    Nor does FFXIV or many other mmos sony has a histiry of waiving it fir sub games

  19. #3619
    I cant believe how far this game has come since release. I played the beta, like a lot of people, and thought the game was trash. After bitching to my friends about the state of BFA they suggested I at least try ESO again and give it a shot. Ive played for a month now and all I can think of is why didnt I do this a year ago. Best monthly sub Ive paid for a game in years.

  20. #3620
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I looked it up just now and actually eso is one that does NOT require playstation plus


    Nor does FFXIV or many other mmos sony has a histiry of waiving it fir sub games
    https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/...CANOCOMPLAUNCH

    Yes it does mate.

    Paid PlayStation Plus subscription required for online multiplayer
    on the store page. Not that it's an issue since I find the value of PS Plus very fair personally.

    FF14 doesn't require Plus because it already has a sub. It was part of Squares deal with Sony of getting it onto consoles that it didn't require PS Plus.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-24 at 08:30 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •