10+ Year Old Account
    Should be able to wait till the next patch. They don't expire in your inventory.

Just not sure which is going to really be worth having. You get Blacksmithing, Clothing, and Woodworking attunable tables. Bang for your buck kinda looks like New Moon Acolyte as it could be worn as either Light or Medium, and the Blacksmithing and Woodworking tables would cover the weapons.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Shouldn't wait until next patch to get the new craftable sets or it doesn't work like that? I've never used them as I don't farm writs or craft much.
    what Kathandira said, basically. its probably what i'm going to do myself, since i already have regular stations in one of my houses and all the sets in 2 of the guild houses.

Question ESO Buying Confusion

I've been looking for a separate forum or a megathread about Elder Scrolls Online, since its one of the best MMOs right now, but i found none so asking here.

I've been playing and enjoying ESO lately, since i already had the base game. I want to buy and expansion but im confused.
    I already know that when i buy Elsweyr i will get Summerset too, but its only from the full game, not the "Upgrade" version.

My questions are:

First: When i buy the full game, not the "Upgrade" version, will i be able to use the key on my account, even tho i already have the base game?

Second: I did create my account through Steam and linked it to ESO website so i can log there. Will i be able to upgrade my ESO Steam Edition, with a key bought on random keyshop, since its much cheaper than Steam one?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure about that stuff but its right on the front page

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...imited/page198

the answers to your questions are.. yes, you can use a key on your existing account and it will upgrade it, and yes you can upgrade with a key from a random shop, HOWEVER, be very careful about the random keyshop thing, if its not from unauthorised source, there is a good possibility that its stolen and ZoS may remove that key from your account. but anything you buy from authorized retailers (like green man gaming for instance) will work perfectly fine, you just use the key on ESO account page. that said, you literally just missed a 50% off sale by a day :/

Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    I've been looking for a separate forum or a megathread about Elder Scrolls Online, since its one of the best MMOs right now, but i found none so asking here.
    It's amazing that MMOC has a Rifts subforum but no ESO subforum...

Yeah i've done it anyway. Bought it from WinGameStore for like 25 euro (full Digital Collector's Edition), so still much cheaper than official store or Steam.
    Works fine

Yeah, kinda weird, since most popular MMOS now are WoW, FFIV, ESO, Neverwinter and maybe SWTOR.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    It's because RIFT is much older than ESO and they made a decision long before ESO released to not make anymore specific Sub-Forums for other games since the entire discussion could just be kept to 1 Megathread.

I mean lets be honest, there's been less than 3 Forum Pages worth of discussion in over a month for the MEGATHREAD. A subforum would be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    It's because RIFT is much older than ESO and they made a decision long before ESO released to not make anymore specific Sub-Forums for other games since the entire discussion could just be kept to 1 Megathread.

I mean lets be honest, there's been less than 3 Forum Pages worth of discussion in over a month for the MEGATHREAD. A subforum would be dead.
    I know that but they have so many moderators, why not clean up a bit? Why not restructure the subsection? ESO is at least somewhat successful, why not archive the old stuff and try an ESO forum? If no one posts then remove it.
    It's just a forum...

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that but they have so many moderators, why not clean up a bit? Why not restructure the subsection? ESO is at least somewhat successful, why not archive the old stuff and try an ESO forum? If no one posts then remove it.
    It's just a forum...
    At this point in time anything except for WoW is best left to discuss on reddit or their official forums. ESO forums are actually good and not moderated by nazis, tho you get your usual QQ everywhere about balance n shit. Rift is dead though they should just remove that sub.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's just a forum...
    Because like I literally said in the post you quoted. 3 pages in over a month. Thats less than 60 posts. Why waste time on a subforum for 60 posts a month. Some Topics in GEn-ot get more posts than that in 10mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Because like I literally said in the post you quoted. 3 pages in over a month. Thats less than 60 posts. Why waste time on a subforum for 60 posts a month. Some Topics in GEn-ot get more posts than that in 10mins.
    Maybe, maybe more people would be active if it's an actual Forum, not one 200 Page thread where you don't find any information. But yeah, reddit is probably better.

Maybe, maybe more people would be active if it's an actual Forum, not one 200 Page thread where you don't find any information. But yeah, reddit is probably better.
    Reddit games subforums "Look at my horse/car/door/home, my horse/car/door/home is amazing!"
    or "This game is shit and this is why!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't seem to be getting much xp from the events. I mean 12k per dragon, thats not even really farmable imo. Maybe its that I've gotten to 500cp now but seems shit has slowed way down or I just play more often and use my enlightment up faster. I've never actually checked if XP is raised per cp level or it remains the same.

Would it better to find a mob grind spot when I get home ? Would like to hit 600cp. I've got all my cp from daily vets and BGs so far so I don't know what people do to farm, I know coldharbour is popular but I believe the xp buff is ONLY active in northern elsweyr.

Maybe just wait until the next global xp buff from halloween cauldron I've got a fuckton of xp scrolls too.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2019-10-12 at 09:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I don't seem to be getting much xp from the events. I mean 12k per dragon, thats not even really farmable imo. Maybe its that I've gotten to 500cp now but seems shit has slowed way down or I just play more often and use my enlightment up faster. I've never actually checked if XP is raised per cp level or it remains the same.

Would it better to find a mob grind spot when I get home ? Would like to hit 600cp. I've got all my cp from daily vets and BGs so far so I don't know what people do to farm, I know coldharbour is popular but I believe the xp buff is ONLY active in northern elsweyr.

Maybe just wait until the next global xp buff from halloween cauldron I've got a fuckton of xp scrolls too.
    Yeah, there is good ol’ Skyreach
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Gotta wonder if they have you redownload the entire game with every new patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Gotta wonder if they have you redownload the entire game with every new patch.
    nope, this one was a special case becasue of initial performance overhaul, especially how memory is handled, group finder rewrite, etc. although... I think, but don't quote me on it, next performance update may also require a bit more then just letting a launcher run for a few minutes :/ its just not how patches in general work and there will be multiple incremental patches between now and next large update. those should honestly only take a few minutes worth of updates

10+ Year Old Account
    Downloading patch anyone notice better queue's or performance at all?

Now the launcher is saying I don't have enough space, even though my computer has over 50 gigs of space left and there's really no reason this update should take anywhere near that much space.

And of course, I have to redownload everything if I close the launcher and try again later. This entire thing is a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Now the launcher is saying I don't have enough space, even though my computer has over 50 gigs of space left and there's really no reason this update should take anywhere near that much space.

And of course, I have to redownload everything if I close the launcher and try again later. This entire thing is a joke.
    My dl was 2000mb or so. ESO is weird where it sometimes reviews your files or some dumb shit while downloading. Its not actually downloading the whole game again at least it shouldn't. I had this problem a long time ago I think all I did was restart the download.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOS_BillE;c-5425101
    If your launcher appears to be redownloading or repatching the game, please exit the launcher, reopen the launcher, and then try the following workarounds based on what the Launcher's button says:

1. If the "Play" button reads "Install"

• Click the install button, and start downloading.
    • Once the download begins, shutdown the launcher.
    • Restart the launcher.
    • Expand the Game Options menu (Cog wheel located above the News Feed).
    • It should say Updating…., under that it should say Cancel. Click Cancel.
    • The expanded tab should now change to include "Repair". Click Repair, and wait for it to finish.

2. If "Play" button reads "Pause" during the download process:

• Expand the Game Options menu (Cog wheel located above the News Feed).
    • If the tab says "Installing…", restart the launcher.
    • When the tab says "Updating….", Click Cancel.
    • The expanded tab should now change to include "Repair".
    • Click Repair, and wait for it to finish.

The repair process will go through a loop of verify -> download -> verify until all the files are repaired. The progress bar will therefore go from 0 to 100 multiple times before it finishes. It is possible that the system will need to download large files.