Do you guys consider ESO to be one of the top 3 MMORPGs currently?

Quote Originally Posted by Slum King View Post
    I think by default it kinda is. It's one of the newer mmos and just had an update. And while a couple of servers are nearly dead like Euro Xbox it still has a pretty decent playerbase. They also did a light reboot/rework that while it wasn't as successful as Final Fantasy's major overhall it did help get them players back and new players.

They also make a ton of money off whales and their crown crates(which are sold by a khajiit so at least they are honest about them being scammy) so the game should stick around for awhile.

Of course it is.

The "A tier" of MMO's currently consists of:

WoW
    ESO
    FF14
    GW2
    SWTOR
    BDO

Everything else is in another tier completely.

ESO is definitely in the top 3 out of those aforementioned games no matter how you look at them.

Yeah. To me other than WoW the only 2 MMOs I even see other people playing is ESO and FF14.

GW2 I liked for a while but it feels like it dropped off quite a bit and I don't seem to hear too much about it anymore.

I got a question; do I need to acquire all the expansions in order to put Elsweyr on to my ESO account?

The latest expansion looks interesting, but I am not sure how I feel about buying all the expansion sets.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    I got a question; do I need to acquire all the expansions in order to put Elsweyr on to my ESO account?

The latest expansion looks interesting, but I am not sure how I feel about buying all the expansion sets.
    No, you don't need to buy other expansions.

I just started playing and I'm having an absolute blast. I recommend anyone who is tired of WoW and wants an MMORPG to give it a shot. The base game costs $20 and it still provides a ton of content with Morrowind, which gives you a chance to get the new chapter or subscribe.

The biggest con are the microtransactions, though WoW isn't that far behind nowadays and the game itself more than makes up for it.

Standard includes Morrowind nowadays, and you can get an ESO+ subscription for everything else if you want.

Is there some secret trick to PvP I'm not getting? Vet dungeons got a little to easy so I'm trying to break into PvP. I'm around 230 CP, I made a full plate purple impen tank gear set and I still get melted by other players. My damage is crap, my heals are crap, but certain enemies in battlegrounds don't seem to have that problem. I find it hard to believe a slightly different gear set is going to make that big of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    No, you don't need to buy other expansions.
    Oh that's good. I'll probably end up buying the others sometime down the road then.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Is there some secret trick to PvP I'm not getting? Vet dungeons got a little to easy so I'm trying to break into PvP. I'm around 230 CP, I made a full plate purple impen tank gear set and I still get melted by other players. My damage is crap, my heals are crap, but certain enemies in battlegrounds don't seem to have that problem. I find it hard to believe a slightly different gear set is going to make that big of a difference.
    practice and likely your build. cp is disabled in battlegrounds, so other then allowing you to wear 160 gear - its not a factor at all. some people also build for burst, at the cost of baseline survivability so they are rolly polly glass cannons. are you eating good food also? it makes kind of ridiculous difference. potions?

but honestly, a lot of it is practice and build adjustements

- - - Updated - - -

Oh that's good. I'll probably end up buying the others sometime down the road then.
    if you subscribe - they are automatically available as long as you stay subscribed. the game is scaled to max level though, so you can go anywhere, literally anywhere the moment you start playing, so its not like WoW, where you HAVE to go through content in order. (even with new scaling, some of that still remains).

Everyone watch the Bethesda stream for your free mount?

Sai Sahan! I wonder how they handle it. and personaly, I want Lyris back as well!

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/56433

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    Sai Sahan! I wonder how they handle it. and personaly, I want Lyris back as well!

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/56433
    Isn't he an option to die in the main storyline?

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Isn't he an option to die in the main storyline?
    yes he is. hence the wondering of how they handle it mind you he (and Lyris) lives for all of MY characters, but nonetheless. guess we will find out in about half a year :P

Yeah I just finished the main quest line with Sai dying at the end. It seemed like they were making it pretty clear he was gone for good at the end.

yes he is. hence the wondering of how they handle it mind you he (and Lyris) lives for all of MY characters, but nonetheless. guess we will find out in about half a year :P
    I thought everyone just kills the Prophet.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    apparently there are people who find Sai boring, and people who hate Lyris for some reason or other? according to the forums quite a few people killed Sai :/ me, I just kill the prophet, cause he is primarily responsible, AND doesn't have much time left to live anyways what with artificial aging and all (and apparently he dies sometime around events of wrothgar anyways? or so I'm told, I've yet to keep him alive on any of my characters. too much of a sap for Lyris and Sai's love story. yes. I can never kill either one of those, cause I want them to get at least some happiness, darn it!)

apparently there are people who find Sai boring, and people who hate Lyris for some reason or other? according to the forums quite a few people killed Sai :/ me, I just kill the prophet, cause he is primarily responsible, AND doesn't have much time left to live anyways what with artificial aging and all (and apparently he dies sometime around events of wrothgar anyways? or so I'm told, I've yet to keep him alive on any of my characters. too much of a sap for Lyris and Sai's love story. yes. I can never kill either one of those, cause I want them to get at least some happiness, darn it!)
    For me the love story doesn't even factor. It was Varen's arrogance that caused the Planemeld and he is close to death already anyway.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Everyone watch the Bethesda stream for your free mount?
    Nope. Nice "fuck you" to EU players by having the stream at 3.30am and it being the only way to get the goodies.... :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I killed Sai.