Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Sooo.

After i saw a new deal on website about Elwseyr with summerset i want to ask in this thread how the game is going? Is combat still about animation canceling? I'm confident that the story and expansion is awesome. I know there is a lot of content and a lot of different activities. My main grip with gameplay is/was animation canceling, mostly in the endgame builds.

Is this still a thing? Or maybe this is kinda tryhard stance, like 500 ilvl for entry lvl lfg raid in wow? :P Or if not is there a class, build to play which dont suffer too much from it?

Also want to touch about crafting bag - i dont plan to pay sub fee ever (more likely i will buy some crowns and buy dlc - like to have permament stuff) so how is gameplay without one? Miserable? It kinda was before, like dont pick up anything other than essentials, which was not really fun to me, big fan of auto loot.
    animation canceling is more relevant than ever. generally, the vet hardmode trials (aka harder raids) require a minimum of 40k dps with preferably at least 300cp (and absolute bare minimum is 160cp though there are not a lot of groups that will take that, cause even with required dps, a lot of group actively respec cp for specific fights and without CP to allocate, it may put unnecessary strain on your survivability)

some people claim that you CAN hit that without animation canceling, but I've yet to actualy see anyone do so consistently and reliably without some sort of gimmick that doesn't work in an actual trial situation.

playing without craft bag is as annoying as ever. you CAN. but you are going to be spending at least half your time micromanaging inventory.

other then that the game is busier than ever... which perversely makes it function worse as servers are straining to keep up. performance issues have been escalating lately.

Elsweyr story is great dragon hunts can be pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    animation canceling is more relevant than ever. generally, the vet hardmode trials (aka harder raids) require a minimum of 40k dps with preferably at least 300cp (and absolute bare minimum is 160cp though there are not a lot of groups that will take that, cause even with required dps, a lot of group actively respec cp for specific fights and without CP to allocate, it may put unnecessary strain on your survivability)

some people claim that you CAN hit that without animation canceling, but I've yet to actualy see anyone do so consistently and reliably without some sort of gimmick that doesn't work in an actual trial situation.

playing without craft bag is as annoying as ever. you CAN. but you are going to be spending at least half your time micromanaging inventory.

other then that the game is busier than ever... which perversely makes it function worse as servers are straining to keep up. performance issues have been escalating lately.

Elsweyr story is great dragon hunts can be pretty fun.
    Thanks for reply.

Will skip then.

Quote Originally Posted by PelinalWhitestrake View Post
    well its out
    oh shit, i just learned of something

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:36_Les...vec,_Sermon_37

this mean's C0DA's canon now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Thanks for reply.

Will skip then.
    Animation cancelling is really not needed for anything other than veteran raids and some DLC hard modes tbh.
    You can always play a werewolf and pull great numbers without much cancelling
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

If you weren't doing it you would be spamming the same button 9000 times with no variation. It's no different than a filler in any other MMO.

My issue is the constant upkeep buffs but they are like 2nd nature to me now, still it's annoying recasting buffs 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    oh shit, i just learned of something

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:36_Les...vec,_Sermon_37

this mean's C0DA's canon now.
    Its a Paralel timeline of sorts, the LDB averted it.

Quote Originally Posted by PelinalWhitestrake View Post
    Its a Paralel timeline of sorts, the LDB averted it.
    how did the ldb do that?

stopping alduin? it's only a temporary defeat, akatosh took him.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    how did the ldb do that?

stopping alduin? it's only a temporary defeat, akatosh took him.
    There are many speculations about it, the landfall happened because the Numidium Popped up in the 5th era, and the Loveletter was sent to the past as a way to avert it.

r/teslore, mas carry the answers for it.

Are there any planets and continents in ESO lore?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Are there any planets and continents in ESO lore?
    Well, ESO shares the universe w/ the rest of TES series.

There's a plane(t) for each of Eight Divines or Aedras, Akatosh, Arkay, etc, and then there's Nirn, our plane(t). Technically, planets in TES universe aren't the same as in ours, they aren't exactly astronomical bodies floating in space, they're smaller planes within an infinite plane surrounded by the Void, but because mortals can't really wrap their heads around said concept they're portrayed as planets. Theoretically, all plane(t)s are infinite in size, Nirn might or might not be unique in this regard, it's not exactly known if it's finite. And the same could be said about Daedric realms or Oblivion planes as well, they've never been observed from the outside, but in lore Meridia's plane is described as a "sphere".

As for known continents, besides our Tamriel there's Akavir, Aldmeris, Atmora, Lyg, Pyandonea, Thras, and Yokuda.
    Last edited by ls-; 2019-08-03 at 10:35 AM.

Some pretty cool housing items on the luxury vendor this weekend. Wish I had the cash to afford them.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post

There's a plane(t) for each of Eight Divines or Aedras, Akatosh, Arkay, etc, and then there's Nirn, our plane(t). Technically, planets in TES universe aren't the same as in ours, they aren't exactly astronomical bodies floating in space, they're smaller planes within an infinite plane surrounded by the Void, but because mortals can't really wrap their heads around said concept they're portrayed as planets. Theoretically, all plane(t)s are infinite in size, Nirn might or might not be unique in this regard, it's not exactly known if it's finite. And the same could be said about Daedric realms or Oblivion planes as well, they've never been observed from the outside, but in lore Meridia's plane is described as a "sphere".

As for known continents, besides our Tamriel there's Akavir, Aldmeris, Atmora, Lyg, Pyandonea, Thras, and Yokuda.
    Thanks for the answer!

Atmora might still be populated at this point in the 2nd era.

Then again....Tiber Septim was probably lying about being born there to further legitimize himself

Akavir will never be brought to ESO before it gets a main Elder Scrolls game

https://massivelyop.com/2019/08/09/e...until-tuesday/

Free sub time for everyone until Tuesday. If you're not a sub, log in and be sure to move all the crafting mats to the crafting bag!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...ugust-8#latest

twitch drop schedule for the next few weeks. they are currently active also.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://massivelyop.com/2019/08/09/e...until-tuesday/

Free sub time for everyone until Tuesday. If you're not a sub, log in and be sure to move all the crafting mats to the crafting bag!
    If I do that will I still have access to them after the sub runs out?

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    If I do that will I still have access to them after the sub runs out?
    Yes, you can always take stuff out of the crafting bag. You just can't put stuff into it unless you're subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post

also the lore mentions that the "stars" are actually holes punched in the veil of oblivion, and the two moons may or may not be the remains of a dead god.
    "Remember when trade conversation had to do with bartering goods and services? Pepperidge Farm remembers..."

Quote Originally Posted by Aenwyrm View Post
    also the lore mentions that the "stars" are actually holes punched in the veil of oblivion, and the two moons may or may not be the remains of a dead god.
    the thing about ESO lore is that its deliberately designed around the context of "unreliable narrator" kinda like real life records of various events. which is why lore often contradicts itself and just because it says that stars are holes in a veil of oblivion, doesn't mean that any of them let alone all of them - are that.

A little bit long winded, but hang with me here.

So I recently was feeling that MMO itch and decided to give ESO another shot. I had played the game once a couple of years ago after getting the base game in a Humble Monthly or something and it didn't really grab me and I only leveled to like 8 or something before moving on, but the other day I was looking for an MMO and was about to subscribe for another month of FFXIV but figured I would give ESO another shot after reading someone talk about it in another thread here and about how good the questing and stories are in it and after starting a new character and leveling up to about 20 over the past week or so I am really enjoying it. I think what threw me off the first time was the way the game handles classes and skills. As someone who does not like first person RPGs at all I have never played an Elder Scrolls game so the way skills are set up, in particular weapon skills, was just so odd to me at first. Now, after reading up a bit and messing around myself, I see the benefit. It is actually pretty fun being able to be a warrior who can swing around a huge sword but also choose to use a flame spitting staff or, what I ended up picking to level with, a mage who wears medium armor and dual wields axes.

That said, I do have some questions I hope you guys may be able to answer. Two in particular and I am beginning to think they may be linked. First is about guilds. I don't have many friends who play games much anymore and especially MMOs so I always go into these games solo but I was thinking of joining a guild however I noticed the majority of the ones I see recruiting in game say they are trader guilds. At first I thought this was just people who like crafting or something but I also have seen NPCs around labeled "Guild Traders" and they have an interface that looks like an auction house. That leads me to the second question, is that this games version of an auction house and if so, how does it work? The ones I see don't seem to have any items listed. Is that where the guilds come in? Do you have to be a member of a guild in order to buy from other players in said guild? Seems like a really odd way to handle that if so.

Oh, I also had a question about how the DLC and expansions and such work. I noticed that the ESO plus membership says it includes all DLC, does this mean everything from the expansions or do you still have to purchase those as well?

Side note, anyone here play on the NA server (on PC if that matters, not sure if this game is connected for all systems or not) that is in or knows of any chill guilds willing to help an MMO old hat who is new to ESO learn the ropes?

Thanks in advance!