1. #3961
    High Overlord Godric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chorrol
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Since my character is pretty powerful, mobs in the overworld just die after I do my opener. (Power of light debuff to pull the mob, dual wield bleed ability ,and then templar light spear jabs). It would be nice to have a mode difficult mode that rewarded more experience/higher drop chances on armor or mats.
    Totally agree. Everything dies far too quickly for exploring to even be fun.
    Mighty one, never forget.

  2. #3962
    Banned Lazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Your Moms House
    Posts
    3,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    Totally agree. Everything dies far too quickly for exploring to even be fun.
    I am 500 something cp glass cannon stamblade I still get challenge in some public dungeons and I solo every overworld world boss that I can for challenge. Most 1/2shot me if I miss a block or dodge. I have such little hp that resolving vigor is a full heal in 1/2 ticks lol.

    You can always run a vet dungeon , hell do a DLC vet if you wanna pull your hair out.

    Normal mobs should not be 'challenging' that just makes them annoying and frustrating I learned that from GW2 fucking HP sponges and hard CC spam cancer with 1shots everywhere.

    Play an alt without CP..
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2019-10-23 at 08:10 PM.

  3. #3963
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    17,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I am 500 something cp glass cannon stamblade I still get challenge in some public dungeons and I solo every overworld world boss that I can for challenge. Most 1/2shot me if I miss a block or dodge. I have such little hp that resolving vigor is a full heal in 1/2 ticks lol.

    You can always run a vet dungeon , hell do a DLC vet if you wanna pull your hair out.

    Normal mobs should not be 'challenging' that just makes them annoying and frustrating I learned that from GW2 fucking HP sponges and hard CC spam cancer with 1shots everywhere.

    Play an alt without CP..
    There is a difference between normal mobs being challenging, and a push over though. This comes from the fault of the giant gap between the skill floor and ceiling. If you are walking around with 5000 Weapon Damage and use the highest output skills, you will 1-2 shot all normal mobs. They may as well not exist since you don't even have to stop moving to kill them. However if you are walking around with 2000 Weapon Damage or less and have a mess of a skill bar, things could actually require you to pay attention and have to actually put effort into combat when walking around exploring.

    What to do about it though? I'm honestly not sure. The only thing I can think of is damage caps on skills. This would make having higher than a certain number of Weapon/Spell damage useless, and could possibly open up more room for build and gear variety. It would bring down the damage of the upper half of the population, and shouldn't affect the lower half of the population.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  4. #3964
    the ONLY way to truly fix this skill/damage gap? is to fix weaving. and that ain't happening. because the game is now designed for over-world to be accessible to a level 4 character right along with end game geared, optimized, max CP dps beast - the only way to give the second any semblance of challenge in overworld while still keeping it doable for a beginner who is still figuring out the game? is to create separate vet zones. which again... not seeing it happening unfortunately.

    SO and I have been little by little 2 manning vet dungeons. even did a few hardmodes with just 2 of is. so... the challenge is there if you want it. its nice to have overworld be so relaxing. makes it feel like an actual ES game.

  5. #3965
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    the ONLY way to truly fix this skill/damage gap? is to fix weaving. and that ain't happening. because the game is now designed for over-world to be accessible to a level 4 character right along with end game geared, optimized, max CP dps beast - the only way to give the second any semblance of challenge in overworld while still keeping it doable for a beginner who is still figuring out the game? is to create separate vet zones. which again... not seeing it happening unfortunately.

    SO and I have been little by little 2 manning vet dungeons. even did a few hardmodes with just 2 of is. so... the challenge is there if you want it. its nice to have overworld be so relaxing. makes it feel like an actual ES game.
    An alternative would be a Veteran Mode for the overworld.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  6. #3966
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    17,573
    Would it be an Veteran Overworld with the exact same XP and Rewards? Or would it be a Vet Overworld with increased XP and Rewards.

    I think the latter would be disputed by those who aren't able to handle it. And the former would have less players since a vast amount of players are reward driven.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  7. #3967
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    An alternative would be a Veteran Mode for the overworld.
    which is another way of saying vet zones, i apologize if I weren't clear as to what I was referring to.

    and honestly, i don't mind if vet rewards are better anymore then i mind vet dungeons having better rewards. as long as there is no vet only content, its fine, especialy when it locks story behind it "cough mythic only flashpoints that tie into main story, cough"

  8. #3968
    i Cannot see any images in this tread, so anybody can re upload it? thanks

  9. #3969
    Quote Originally Posted by emmasanchez3 View Post
    i Cannot see any images in this tread, so anybody can re upload it? thanks
    I also can't see anything

  10. #3970
    Have you guys seen this game called Isles of Adalar?
    Takes "inspiration" from the elder scrolls games and can be played co-op and has an insane map editor and Mod support.
    Seems amazing.


  11. #3971
    My wife, who has totally lost interest in WoW, is getting me to give ESO another go I'm not a fan of the action combat, but otherwise I remember it being a fairly good game.
    Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

  12. #3972
    And as we most expected SKYRIM is next!
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  13. #3973
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And as we most expected SKYRIM is next!
    WTF, Bethesda ran out of platforms to port Skyrim to so they are porting it to other games now?

  14. #3974
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    WTF, Bethesda ran out of platforms to port Skyrim to so they are porting it to other games now?
    Eh, this is Zenimax and we all expected it would be Skyrim next. DC areas were bound to get an area next and the rest of Hammerfell is probably reserved for TESVI so Skyrim was the logical choice. Plus you know, we just had DRAGONS.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  15. #3975
    looking forward to seeing Snow Lily again

  16. #3976
    I just got back into the game after a long break and am really enjoying it. I never payed much attention to builds and such just kind of picked what I thought sounded good or cool, but the Skill Adviser is really helping along with some guides I found online about basic game play, gearing, attack weaving and skill choices. When I first heard about and saw skill weaving I was put off, but after watching a guide and doing it in game it's super easy and makes sense in the context of how the game works anyway. It sucks that it's the way the game works, but it's not like Zenimax is going to completely redesign it so might as well get used to it and utilize it to my advantage.

    When I played before I had trouble with anything more than 2 enemies because I died so quickly. I'm playing as a tanky Necromancer now and it's night and day difference. I don't fear anything I encounter in the overworld or in basic questing except World Bosses and Dragons. I'm practically unkillable and I'm only level 14, it's fantastic! Killing things is a bit slow sometimes, but not being afraid of dying to a rogue patrol or something more than makes up for it.

    I look forward to Skyrim, and the rest of my time in game. I forgot just how fun running around and questing and experiencing the rich world and story this game offers could be.

  17. #3977
    Scarab Lord Greevir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tamriel
    Posts
    4,276
    I honestly could have done without more Skyrim. Oh well.

  18. #3978
    So do you have to be max level to play that skyrim edition in ESO?

  19. #3979
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    So do you have to be max level to play that skyrim edition in ESO?
    nope. everything is scaled up, so you can go anywhere at any time the moment you get out of tutorial. and if precedent holds, there will be a new tutorial that will start new characters directly in skyrim. however - this hasn't been released yet, just announced.

  20. #3980
    Never has there been a cow that has been milked quite so long and with such ferocity as the skyrim cow has been.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •