Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I honestly never got the pvp appeal from Cyrodiil. Basically it's just mounting around an empty landscape for minutes on end until you get to your destination. Then it's just 1 mob of players vs another mob. The bigger of the two usually steamrolling the otherside with no real challenge.
    sometimes sieges can be fun, because its mob against mob - fighting to keep or take the castle, and there are siege weapons involved.

that said - battlegrounds are definitely more to my liking. imperial city ... vexes me. it vexes me because I personaly despise pvpve zones (and because of mechanics behind tel var). but I can almost see why some people love it.

incidentally, twitch drops are active right now for the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    incidentally, twitch drops are active right now for the next few days.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I honestly never got the pvp appeal from Cyrodiil. Basically it's just mounting around an empty landscape for minutes on end until you get to your destination. Then it's just 1 mob of players vs another mob. The bigger of the two usually steamrolling the otherside with no real challenge.
    I agree its the same in any daoc clone pvp mode these days, I much prefer BGs but cyrodiil is the easiest and especially right now best way to get transmute stones. I at least do 1 campaign each month. The pvp bonuses still apply to BGs though, to get the scroll you only need to enter cyrodiil for like 1 minute. The achievements there don't take long either.
    LOL

♫Toss a coin to your witcher♫

I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I think we may be waiting a long time for that to happen. Maybe even forever.

i'm pretty disappointed they're wasting time with a vampire rework when they could have added a college of winterhold skill line.

doesn't even seem like winterhold will be accessible at first.

oh well though, resubbed and gonna let some good consoomer points build up for a bit. hope that meridian motif is on the shop long enough for me to build the points for it.
    https://imgur.com/FX4poT6

steve danuser - waifu cringelord

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm pretty disappointed they're wasting time with a vampire rework when they could have added a college of winterhold skill line.

doesn't even seem like winterhold will be accessible at first.

oh well though, resubbed and gonna let some good consoomer points build up for a bit. hope that meridian motif is on the shop long enough for me to build the points for it.
    You're better off buying the one of the 90/180/365 day sub because the crowns are given up front, if you're going to be subbed for that time anyway then may as well and its cheaper. I had like 22k from the year.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    You're better off buying the one of the 90/180/365 day sub because the crowns are given up front, if you're going to be subbed for that time anyway then may as well and its cheaper. I had like 22k from the year.
    eh, i'd say i've got time. got like 2800 points, so only like two months more to get the motif i want.

but yeah though, since they're obviously gonna give us vampire lord form, they better change our strain to sanguinare vampiris. gonna be dumb if they just slap it on noxophilic sanguivoria for the sake of it.

eh, i'd say i've got time. got like 2800 points, so only like two months more to get the motif i want.

but yeah though, since they're obviously gonna give us vampire lord form, they better change our strain to sanguinare vampiris. gonna be dumb if they just slap it on noxophilic sanguivoria for the sake of it.
    you always have an option to get someone to gift it to you for gold

I'm reasonably sure that they confirmed in post announcement stream that there will be no winterhold at all

you always have an option to get someone to gift it to you for gold

I'm reasonably sure that they confirmed in post announcement stream that there will be no winterhold at all
    people would want very high thousands for that motif, since it costs 6k points. i've only got like a 100k on a couple characters. i'm alright with having to wait a bit, not having a lot of money trains your patience for this kind of stuff. is hard to resist spending it on those altmer costume dresses though.

and that's what i figured. a real shame and a waste, especially since we just worked with shalidor in the mage's guild, the founder of the college of winterhold. i suppose the only silver lining there is that maybe they still want to hold out on giving us things like flame atronach or dremora summoning until the spellcrafting update and they're working on it in the background.

people would want very high thousands for that motif, since it costs 6k points. i've only got like a 100k on a couple characters. i'm alright with having to wait a bit, not having a lot of money trains your patience for this kind of stuff. is hard to resist spending it on those altmer costume dresses though.

and that's what i figured. a real shame and a waste, especially since we just worked with shalidor in the mage's guild, the founder of the college of winterhold. i suppose the only silver lining there is that maybe they still want to hold out on giving us things like flame atronach or dremora summoning until the spellcrafting update and they're working on it in the background.
    I remember on PS4 the exchange rate was something like 1 crown = 100g. It honestly isn't a bad deal if you can control your spending and save up a few hundred thousand gold.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

according to interviews, spellcrafting is not on the agenda any time soon (or possibly ever) so.. yeah :/

and i mean, its up to you, personaly I hate paying crowns for something that is available in game, so even if its something like Welkynar (which was far more annoying to farm than Meridian) - I'll just trade gold for crowns. but... I've played long enough that i'm starting to sit on more gold than I know what to do with (that is not an offer to share, I'm still hoping that they release more gold purchasable houses, and its also nice to have a stash to spend on those crown things :P ). own all the houses already and lux vendor hasn't been going through its.. third rotation at this point, I think? well.. you get the picture :P

according to interviews, spellcrafting is not on the agenda any time soon (or possibly ever) so.. yeah :/
    it's not entirely dead yet though.

also, how do zenibros know that i watched the stream? i got an email that i got the bat the pet from the stream, and i did watch the stream, but i don't have a twitch account.

it's not entirely dead yet though.

also, how do zenibros know that i watched the stream? i got an email that i got the bat the pet from the stream, and i did watch the stream, but i don't have a twitch account.
    becasue getting a bat wasn't tied to watching a stream, it was tied to killing any enemy during the week or so after the stream finished. so if you killed anything that gives xp and is not a player? /shrug.

that said... given how much trouble they already have balancing combat (thank you LA weaving and all that other fun stuff) - they are NOT adding anything that will make it even harder for them to balance. I mean.. they are adding 2 new skill lines and NEITHER of them are combat related.

best case scenario is that they are going to add something called "spell crafting" but its just going to be something that will allow you to change spell appearance, NOT create any sort of functionality.

becasue getting a bat wasn't tied to watching a stream, it was tied to killing any enemy during the week or so after the stream finished. so if you killed anything that gives xp and is not a player? /shrug.

that said... given how much trouble they already have balancing combat (thank you LA weaving and all that other fun stuff) - they are NOT adding anything that will make it even harder for them to balance. I mean.. they are adding 2 new skill lines and NEITHER of them are combat related.

best case scenario is that they are going to add something called "spell crafting" but its just going to be something that will allow you to change spell appearance, NOT create any sort of functionality.
    really? i thought the bat was for watching the stream. that's how the email made it sound. cute pet though, but wish they'd give us a nice horse for it some time. i hope if they add any new normal horses, they have the model and animations of the dro-m'athra horse, because its shape and animations are much better than the vanilla horses.

idk, i saw a pic of a tweet where they said it's still something they want to do. so there's at least one random internet picking around at it somewhere in the office in his spare time, i'd say.

the reason they probably hold off doing it, and the general problem with an elder scrolls mmo, is what does it add for melee players? every elder scrolls game up until ESO has been that if you're a warrior, you're just a person swinging a weapon and that's it. ESO goes the furthest away from that paradigm with actual melee abilities tied to the weapons. everything cool in elder scrolls is for mages or daedric priests, not warriors and archers.

i wouldn't have a problem if they never added anything for melee players again, and i think the melee skill lines in the game are too much already. elder scrolls isn't a super hero setting where people can do weird super hero moves with their weapons. but sadly, the playerbase would screech if there were only spells.

The Patient
    Yea, I didn't watch the twitch stream at all-but I did login and play - got bat pet and email notification.

Re: "Vampire Rework".. They are not giving you Vampire Lords. They've said that multiple times so far - I encourage you to head over to the official forums to see the bigger discussion about what they may or may not be doing on the 'vampire rework'. But from what I understand, skim-reading through all that (mostly speculation because what's on the PTR to be tested is very little so far...) = Vampire LORDS are a different entity than the Vampire the player plays (both now and the redone one...).

Me - I've learned enough about MMO Dev Doubletalk over the years to know better than to listen to anything they have to say. Know better than any of the theorycrafting by fans on what they 'hope' they will be... gotta wait until launch to really find out what a "re design" really means. And most of the time, its a little bit of what players were hoping for with a whole bunch of disappointment on what it ain't.

ZoS/Bethseba...certainly haven't given players much reason to trust much of anything that they 'say'. So..we shall see.

As someone who doesn't care about vampires, doesn't care about playing one - played the current one for the achievement and then dropped it fast because of the 'no other skins or tats you pay real money for works on this buggy piece of crap skin-layer' and never missed it -- I also don't care that they are re-working it.

But I do know it won't be what all the fans are hoping it will be. Me - I just hope they fix the skin so that people don't have to choose between "vampire skin" and "every other look in game."
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Re: "Vampire Rework".. They are not giving you Vampire Lords. They've said that multiple times so far - I encourage you to head over to the official forums to see the bigger discussion about what they may or may not be doing on the 'vampire rework'. But from what I understand, skim-reading through all that (mostly speculation because what's on the PTR to be tested is very little so far...) = Vampire LORDS are a different entity than the Vampire the player plays (both now and the redone one...).
    well, that's good to hear. i know they're a different type of vampire, that's why i wasn't wanting it to happen unless they give us sanguinare vampiris.

would have been cool if they did include sanguinare though. it's lame we got only one type of vampirism when we have all of tamriel to travel through. i get it, not exactly every day you add a new skill line, but still.

really? i thought the bat was for watching the stream. that's how the email made it sound. cute pet though, but wish they'd give us a nice horse for it some time. i hope if they add any new normal horses, they have the model and animations of the dro-m'athra horse, because its shape and animations are much better than the vanilla horses.

idk, i saw a pic of a tweet where they said it's still something they want to do. so there's at least one random internet picking around at it somewhere in the office in his spare time, i'd say.

the reason they probably hold off doing it, and the general problem with an elder scrolls mmo, is what does it add for melee players? every elder scrolls game up until ESO has been that if you're a warrior, you're just a person swinging a weapon and that's it. ESO goes the furthest away from that paradigm with actual melee abilities tied to the weapons. everything cool in elder scrolls is for mages or daedric priests, not warriors and archers.

i wouldn't have a problem if they never added anything for melee players again, and i think the melee skill lines in the game are too much already. elder scrolls isn't a super hero setting where people can do weird super hero moves with their weapons. but sadly, the playerbase would screech if there were only spells.
    Imagine hating melee so much you want it removed from the game.. I guess you must be new to the elder scrolls because melee is pretty fucking popular, way more than any range build.

Anyone in elder scrolls can use magic/alchemy/artifacts and pull some superhero shit easily. Read a book or do a quest sometime lol.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Imagine hating melee so much you want it removed from the game.. I guess you must be new to the elder scrolls because melee is pretty fucking popular, way more than any range build.

Anyone in elder scrolls can use magic/alchemy/artifacts and pull some superhero shit easily. Read a book or do a quest sometime lol.
    i don't hate it, half my playthroughs of skyrim are some type of melee.

but that's just all there is supposed to be to it, swinging the sword back and forth. some people are better at it than others. the only sword related super power is the sword singing, and that's tonal MAGIC that messes with the fabric of reality. it's not using a normal sword, it's spawning one with the redguard version of tonal architecture.

they might not even be able to do sword singing in ES:6, they sure as hell can't do it in ESO. it's too powerful. mages are the ones that get all the variety of abilities in EVERY other elder scrolls game unless you use the special abilities like shouting, daedric artifacts and the like. even then, the artifacts are magic anyway, imbued with a portion of the prince's divine power. that's not the same thing as having a warrior charge.

Any info when the update drop with reduced instaler size?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Any info when the update drop with reduced instaler size?
    should be dropping with harrowstorm, I believe.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/57675

all the way on the bottom, it says that its arriving in conjunction with update 25 which is supposed to be a full reinstall update. they even removed a week of login rewards so that people don't miss out on anything in case update takes a while to download.

should be dropping with harrowstorm, I believe.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/57675

all the way on the bottom, it says that its arriving in conjunction with update 25 which is supposed to be a full reinstall update. they even removed a week of login rewards so that people don't miss out on anything in case update takes a while to download.
    Thank you kindly