Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Personally I was just looking at the dps number on my UI mod. Obviously not representative of anything in a <5 sec fight with stuff in the world but a little more useful on skull boss fights.
    It matters a little. Some different target dummies have different resistances (unless that has been changed in the past two years). The smallest of them (300k hp) does not have any resistances, and goes down like a lead brick. The 3mil hp one doesn't have resistances, but takes around 60s on average to kill. The big boys though, have resistances and could take between 2m - 4m to kill pending on your build and rotation.

It really matters which dummy you are using. While you may see 15k dps on the Precursor, you may see only 1/2 of that on the 3mil Skele due to needing to repeat your rotation more than 1 time.

I should add, I am only asking so I understand where you are at damage wise. This isn't a lead in to other questions or probing. I'm just curious is all lol.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Which target dummy are you parsing on?
    None, just periodically checking what my DPS is from whatever mod I have that tracks that shit (dps/hps total damage in combat etc.)

Yeah I mean, I'm considering this "practical" DPS. If I finish a skull boss at like 10k while rolling around and shit that's pretty high for me. Sad
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    None, just periodically checking what my DPS is from whatever mod I have that tracks that shit (dps/hps total damage in combat etc.)
    Yeah I mean, I'm considering this "practical" DPS. If I finish a skull boss at like 10k while rolling around and shit that's pretty high for me. Sad
    I'm so used to playing on consoles, that I forget that mods track actual practical DPS. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I'm so used to playing on consoles, that I forget that mods track actual practical DPS. lol.
    Mods baybee!

Seriously though, I doubt I could realistically play the game without them at this point. And I'm not even super heavily modded, just a handful of QoL/minor UI mods and a few map mods so I know where quests are and track resource nodes and shit.

Mods baybee!

Seriously though, I doubt I could realistically play the game without them at this point. And I'm not even super heavily modded, just a handful of QoL/minor UI mods and a few map mods so I know where quests are and track resource nodes and shit.
    same, honestly. and the irony is most mods I have are part of base UI in other games (like minimap and being able to move my ability bars around the screen). to be fair, after years and years they did finally add better sorting to inventory, multicrafting and trader UI search function... but still...

aaanyways, another thing about target dummies is that raid dummies have all the debuffs automatically added (and if I remember correctly you also get periodic synergies for the purposes of resource restoring) so your dps would be higher, because it imitates playing in an optimized group but without having to move.

but yeah, I only ever consider practical dps for myself. doesn't matter how much I can pull on a dummy when even the slightest need to move/interrupt/block - makes it plummet.

Mods baybee!

I played on console for a while a few years back. It is terrible comparatively without mods.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

I played on console for a while a few years back. It is terrible comparatively without mods.
    The lack of mods was one of the reasons I eventually stopped playing.

I really really wish they would allow account transfers. i'd love to take my account to PC. But last time i checked, they do not allow migrations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    aaanyways, another thing about target dummies is that raid dummies have all the debuffs automatically added (and if I remember correctly you also get periodic synergies for the purposes of resource restoring) so your dps would be higher, because it imitates playing in an optimized group but without having to move.
    Yup! Raid dummies totally get all buffs and debuffs and provide periodic synergies.

Though there are training dummies that have a ton of HP that do not. No one ever used them for anything more than decoration lol. It was all about the 3mil and 6mil dummies until the raid one came out.

reminder, expac announcement today on twitch in about 3 hours. free pet as a gift if you connect your twitch account (if you have one) to eso account

Well, I'm happy to see my favorite elf gal back in a cinematic. Her character design is so awesome, too bad the in game armor doesn't look that cool

(nor does the magic)

Yo, we now have a catgirl companion. UwU

Oof, seems like a card game is the new feature for this update. Haven't played in a while, but that seems pretty underwhelming.

my guess is this is their way of repurposing ES legends. and/or cashing in on popularity of Gwent

Trying to imagine WoW coming out with an expansion that had essentially 0 gameplay/system features and how they would get absolutely raked over the coals for it. And both companies charge $40!

I'm assuming that, much like antiquities, the card game will add content to every zone in the game retroactively and not just the newest one? If so, that's pretty neat.

One of the things that keeps bringing me back to ESO is that not only is there a lot to do and see...the older zones don't lose relevance over time.

I'm an idiot. Realized that, and I've done this before, I forgot to use traders in terms of searching because I'd always mash enter rather than hit the actual "search" button at the bottom...

At least have one of my sets now, partially crafted and partially purchased, but finding another set was annoying so I kinda just half-assed it for now. It's already much better than what I was running before so that's nice. Now I just need to find a second set of gear with affordable accessories in it, because the few I was trying to find on traders in Mournhold were all stupid expensive. I guess the jewelcrafting grind isn't fun and making some accessories is a pain in the butt. Lame, but oh well.

I did start crafting writs though and holy hell the mod for that is hilarious. It like, does it all for you - autoaccepts all quests, either crafts all the items for you with the click of a button or highlights the stuff you need to craft with quest markers, automatically turns in and opens up chests. I don't even really know what I'm getting out of it since it happens so fast - materials, some recipes, gold, and XP I assume. I don't even care, I've got a ton of mats and watching the mod do its thing is kinda hilarious.

Which mod is it?

Which mod is it?
    Had to check Minion (shoutout to that program for handling mod installation/updating) but I think it's Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter.

I have most crafting professions maxed purely via deconstruction (enchanting/jewelcrafting are taking longer) and I did max out cooking for funzies but I've never bothered with them. Feel like I remember hearing/reading they were really good to do each day, but I haven't even begun looking into endgame daily shit and how that works/what's worthwhile.

Still focusing on finishing up zones, but I may as well do some dailies here and there. Also I guess it helps level enchanting a touch, since the universally recommended way to level that profession is to do it with another person and trade runes or something and that's not really an option for me : /

Enchanting and JC take forever yeah

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty intense forum backlash to the (lack of) stuff in the announcement, will be interesting to see if they make any adjustments or follow the Blizzard model of focusing 100% on metrics and completely ignoring the vocal community.

Lazy writ crafter is amazing yes (and I happen to be in the same guild with Doulg, /flex ..... what.. its like the only thing I can flex in this game :P )

but.. quest markers on items you need to craft is a base UI thing. it was a recent addition, like multicrafting. so yes, while lazy writ crafter autocrafts, it only speeds you up a little bit nowadays. it also does nothing for cooking and alchemy quests at least last I checked. I'm still using separate addon for that. my favorite part of lazy crafter nowadays is that it also withdraws items for you from the bank in case you precraft (which honestly is so helpful with cooking and alchemy)