10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Shame that my main is my healer (Brenton Templar), or I would definitely make a Warden Healer. Perhaps my Warden will just be a Bow DPS class, I don't have one of those currently.
    This is what I'm wanting. A bow dps class with a pet and some healing.

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Is there a good primer or starters guide somewhere of things I should know? How bad will being a F2P (though I apparently have the imperial upgrade?) be on me? Things I will need to pay to unlock? Also what if any of those paid things will be part of the Morrowind upgrades?
    Basically:

You have FULL access to everything that was included in the base game.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    This is what I'm wanting. A bow dps class with a pet and some healing.
    I can imagine that it will be the most popular build at the start. Until the number crunching begins and people find the absolutely most effective way to play a Warden (That is, unless the Bow DPS IS the best way to play the class)
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

it will most likely be 2 one handers, as you miss out on a set piece by using a a boy/2 hander, and being able to have two full 5 piece sets and a monster set, is a big advantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i don't PvP and Nightblade for life yo. So im in this for the story , side quests, delves and world bosses. Its basically a bigger , chunkier DLC. Price is a bit steep for a pseudo expansion but tbf i've enjoyed all the DLC they did so far so i see no reason i won't get this. The only real problem for me is the damn date. A couple of weeks sooner would have been amazing so it doesn't conflict with my intent on getting Stormblood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Curious why doesn't this game have it's own sub forum like the other MMOs?

Gotta buy Earthtear Cavern for my Warden house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a good primer or starters guide somewhere of things I should know? How bad will being a F2P (though I apparently have the imperial upgrade?) be on me? Things I will need to pay to unlock? Also what if any of those paid things will be part of the Morrowind upgrades?
    The base game does not include the 4 DLC's and DLC Dungeon 2 Pack. Those are not necessary to play the game. I am also on the F2P plan, and I do not suffer because of it. I do recommend at the very least to get the two dungeons if you are a dungeon diver like me. I basically live in them. At level 45, you can begin your Pledges. Pledges are daily dugeon runs which give you a key to open a chest which as a random Epic Shoulder in it. These shoulders are part of a two piece (helm and shoulder) set. These can have some pretty useful bonuses. Often at times there will be a DLC Dungeon in the Pledge List. So if you want to ensure you get all 3 (or 6 keys if you do them all on HArd Mode) each day, you will need the two extra dungeons.

Out of the above, none of that is relevant to the Morrowwind Expansion. That is a whole other upgrade to the game.

As for an actual starers guide, I'd have to find a worthy one. But I can give you some good starting tips.

1. Get a horse. It is helpful. If you play on XB1, I'd happily give you the 10k to buy a starter horse. (10k is not a lot of money at all)
    2. Research Everything! When you go to a crafting table, before you sell any items, or before you deconstruct any items, make sure you research them. Researching is how you learn "traits" to apply to items you craft. So consider it like learning a recipe.
    3. Once you have finished researching, then deconstruct everything else. The only wearable items which cannot be deconstructed are jewelry. Sell all unused Jewelry, Poisons, and Potions, and 'Trash' items. This is the easiest way for a new player to make some quick cash.
    4. Do not B-Line for your quests. Take the time to travel the unbeaten path. You will find new quests, and new areas/world bosses/delves/ dolmens etc.
    Delve = Solo Dungeon (unless it has a + next to the icon, then it is for a group)
    Dolmen are sorta world events that work on a cooldown. They offer decent XP and you generally will find multiple people at them ready to kill all the enemies which spawn. Chest at the end for rewards (don't miss out on that)
    5. Join a guild. You can actually belong to 5 guilds all at the same time. Guilds are, obviously, great for reaching out to people for additional tips, and help with things.
    6. Don't worry about messing up your first character build. Experiment, learn the ropes. If needed, you can pay in game money to respec both your attributes, and skill points (champion points too, but that is way later in the game). You also get like 8 character slots, so go nuts with your first character. Learn what works, and what doesn't.
    7. Explore the options menu. There are many things regarding the interface (combat text, health bars, etc.) That you will have turned off my default. Go into there and turn everything (or just what you want) on so you can have a better view of what you are approaching (enemy, NPC, player)

There is much much more, but that should at least get you started without feeling like you messed something up that cannot be undone.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2017-01-31 at 09:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Curious why doesn't this game have it's own sub forum like the other MMOs?
    Not enough activity. Which tbh, I don't participate enough in this thread myself. I hate megathreads. Hard to have discussions on different topics in a single thread, which I think is one of the reasons activity is low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    it will most likely be 2 one handers, as you miss out on a set piece by using a a boy/2 hander, and being able to have two full 5 piece sets and a monster set, is a big advantage.
    I totally agree. And I really wish they would stop nerfing two handed users and staff users by giving duel wield and one hand a shield an added bonus.

I want to see Two Handed weapons count as two set pieces. But only when you have 4/5 already. That way it is fair to the duel wielded players.

- - - Updated - - -
    @OGXanos

You can also check this thread on the ESO Forums for "Things I wish I knew when I started ESO" This goes into FAR more detail that I had provided. I'd copy and paste it, but it would be like a whole page on this site.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...from-the-start

- - - Updated - - -
    @OGXanos

All caves in Cyrodill have a skyshard inside of them. (At least the ones i've been in all had one) - and many public dungeons in the rest of the world also have skyshards

Sky Shards are great. If you get three of them, they turn into a Skill Point for you. Skill Points are used to unlock new abilities, or to upgrade your abilities (Morphing). After Level 50, you stop receiving them when you level up. So Sky Shards, and Completing Quests will be your only source of Skill Points. So make sure you collect those Sky Shards!

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Not enough activity. Which tbh, I don't participate enough in this thread myself. I hate megathreads. Hard to have discussions on different topics in a single thread, which I think is one of the reasons activity is low.
    Well, I think it is because of every other sub forum died out relatively quickly. Megathreads at least stay active longer.

So I decided I will probably purchase this depending on the release date for 7.2
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Ghostgate isn't up and they're still hibernating.
    Guess I am rusty on my lore. When was the Ghostgate erected? For some reason I thought it was after the Battle of Red Mountain, but then again they probably didn't need to keep anything within its boundaries until the blight began. Wompwomp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    <snip>

There is much much more, but that should at least get you started without feeling like you messed something up that cannot be undone.
    - - - Updated - - -
    @OGXanos

You can also check this thread on the ESO Forums for "Things I wish I knew when I started ESO" This goes into FAR more detail that I had provided. I'd copy and paste it, but it would be like a whole page on this site.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...from-the-start

- - - Updated - - -
    @OGXanos

All caves in Cyrodill have a skyshard inside of them. (At least the ones i've been in all had one) - and many public dungeons in the rest of the world also have skyshards

Sky Shards are great. If you get three of them, they turn into a Skill Point for you. Skill Points are used to unlock new abilities, or to upgrade your abilities (Morphing). After Level 50, you stop receiving them when you level up. So Sky Shards, and Completing Quests will be your only source of Skill Points. So make sure you collect those Sky Shards!
    Thats actually a lot of good info there thank you! I am curious if you could answer one direct question, why is there a limited number of character deletions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    Guess I am rusty on my lore. When was the Ghostgate erected? For some reason I thought it was after the Battle of Red Mountain, but then again they probably didn't need to keep anything within its boundaries until the blight began. Wompwomp.
    A few hundred years after ESO's timeline. When the tribunal are defeated by Dagoth Ur.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will be buying this and getting a collector's edition for the goodies and the different bear. Going to reroll Warden and start from scratch. Looks pretty killer. Hope you can jump right into the expansion content from level 1 though, so I can go warden right off the bat in new stuff. If not, no big deal though.
    BAD WOLF

the book and the statue? sold. that physical edition looks amazing and just whole expansion sounds pretty great i wish there was a discounted version of physical edition for those of us who already have a base game, like there is one for digital versions, but.. oh well.

now I need to figure out what to name my warden and possibly reserve the name

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I will be buying this and getting a collector's edition for the goodies and the different bear. Going to reroll Warden and start from scratch. Looks pretty killer. Hope you can jump right into the expansion content from level 1 though, so I can go warden right off the bat in new stuff. If not, no big deal though.
    I'm torn on whether to stick with my templar now, or take a break and just start fresh with a warden. I want to keep playing, but at the same time I do want to play a warden but don't want to go replay through all the same content again (as I'm working on doing proper full-clears of zones rather than just speeding through).

GAH, HARD DECISIONS. Still need to do a more thorough read through on all the details though, stupid work meetings keeping me away from the important things in life!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm torn on whether to stick with my templar now, or take a break and just start fresh with a warden. I want to keep playing, but at the same time I do want to play a warden but don't want to go replay through all the same content again (as I'm working on doing proper full-clears of zones rather than just speeding through).

GAH, HARD DECISIONS. Still need to do a more thorough read through on all the details though, stupid work meetings keeping me away from the important things in life!
    well they said that new characters start in a new area first and then can go back to base game, so.. there's that? that said, unless you are planning on fairly sparse build, you will most likely have to go back and at least gather the skyshards for added skill points :P

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    well they said that new characters start in a new area first and then can go back to base game, so.. there's that? that said, unless you are planning on fairly sparse build, you will most likely have to go back and at least gather the skyshards for added skill points :P
    Yeah, but I've minimal interest in re-playing all the zones, as I'd be inclined to do my full clears like I'm doing now. SO TORN, CURSE YOU ZMO!

Though on the bright side...rotating ESO out of my current list of titles frees up a huge chunk of time for other games that I've had sitting on the sidelines, so maybe there's some wisdom to it...though I may at least get my templar to 50 for shits and giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, but I've minimal interest in re-playing all the zones, as I'd be inclined to do my full clears like I'm doing now. SO TORN, CURSE YOU ZMO!

Though on the bright side...rotating ESO out of my current list of titles frees up a huge chunk of time for other games that I've had sitting on the sidelines, so maybe there's some wisdom to it...though I may at least get my templar to 50 for shits and giggles.
    You can powerlevel quite easy if u wanted. Just get a couple XP scrolls and do the solo arena. Only takes around 5-6hrs from what I am told.

Really wish they would add a character boost token
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD