Isn't it $40 if you're upgrading an existing vanilla account?

Even still $40 seems like a lot, especially since the other dlc packs are significantly less.

Oh damn, sounds like a proper expansion. And new Warden class? Nice.

Also, it's $60 for folks who don't own ESO, $40 if you own ESO already.

June 6 launch date, too. Not a great time to launch it, but damn that's coming in hot. Now I'm torn on whether I want to keep leveling my templar or just create a warden and start fresh when the expansion comes out...gah! ZMO is doing a pretty incredible job of supporting this game, I'm continually impressed with their ability to quickly create content like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoonGateClimber View Post
    Even still $40 seems like a lot, especially since the other dlc packs are significantly less.
    It's the normal price of an expansion for a MMO (well, cheaper now that WoW/GW2 priced theirs at $50). This seems like more of a proper expansion, a bigger in scope then the regular DLC's for the game so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Yeah, not feeling the price atm. Gonna wait till the livestream to pass judgement. That articles makes it seem a bit too small for a $60 expansion that ESO Plus doesn't cover.
    I thought they said every expansion would be free to Plus members?

IF that launch date is correct We now have a window for WoW 7.2's patch. Between ESO and FFXIV they have to launch somewhere in June or just before. Thats how they roll.

That said this may be the content to fully push me and a crew of 3-4 friends in if theres enough there. Everyone I know started ES with Morrowind so it'll be a hella nostalgia trip if done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I thought they said every expansion would be free to Plus members?
    DLC's, which they are as long as a sub is maintained. This seems more like a proper expansion than another DLC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    IF that launch date is correct We now have a window for WoW 7.2's patch. Between ESO and FFXIV they have to launch somewhere in June or just before. Thats how they roll.

That said this may be the content to fully push me and a crew of 3-4 friends in if theres enough there. Everyone I know started ES with Morrowind so it'll be a hella nostalgia trip if done right.
    Naw, PTS/announcement for 7.3 around that time (or some similarly large announcement). They're going to need to get 7.2 out well before June.

Warden, here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    DLC's, which they are as long as a sub is maintained. This seems more like a proper expansion than another DLC.

- - - Updated - - -

Naw, PTS/announcement for 7.3 around that time (or some similarly large announcement). They're going to need to get 7.2 out well before June.
    I mean I want to think they'll stick to their word on quicker content but 7.2 just hit last week. I know 4-5 months seems long for a wait but you think they'd put a half patch with no endgame content up against two major expansions? I'm skeptical. Maybe the last week of May to get that one week head start on ESO. They tend to match up closer to FFXIV more than anything though as it's their closest sub based competitor.

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    I mean I want to think they'll stick to their word on quicker content but 7.2 just hit last week. I know 4-5 months seems long for a wait but you think they'd put a half patch with no endgame content up against two major expansions? I'm skeptical. Maybe the last week of May to get that one week head start on ESO. They tend to match up closer to FFXIV more than anything though as it's their closest sub based competitor.
    Oh, did it? Apologies, getting my numbers mixed up then and hadn't even realized 7.2 was out >.>

In that case, I doubt they can hold 7.3 that long, they'll need to get that one out before June hits and they'll need to have some big announcements/PTS launches around the time that this and the FFXIV expansion launch.

I'd be surprised if they held this back for a 4 month gap between 7.2/3, but it is totally possible. It's not like they don't have tons of data that shows that folks will stay subbed through content droughts : P

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh, did it? Apologies, getting my numbers mixed up then and hadn't even realized 7.2 was out >.>

In that case, I doubt they can hold 7.3 that long, they'll need to get that one out before June hits and they'll need to have some big announcements/PTS launches around the time that this and the FFXIV expansion launch.

I'd be surprised if they held this back for a 4 month gap between 7.2/3, but it is totally possible. It's not like they don't have tons of data that shows that folks will stay subbed through content droughts : P
    My bad I meant to say PTR, so it's just now entering testing. Their new 'half patch' cycle would also mean 2.5 is coming at some point too. Which wont enter PTR till after 7.2 is live for a few days to a week.

Shacknews took the page down. 404 ERROR now.

Shacknews took the page down. 404 ERROR now.
    Ha, was wondering why I wasn't seeing the news elsewhere. SOMEONE BROKE EMBARGO AND DUN GOOFED.

(story should be back up in an hour)
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-01-31 at 06:34 PM.

that's becasue official announcement is in half an hour. you all have been speculating about stuff that hasn't been actualy announced yet. that said.. given the prices of DLC packs if purchased individually before they got combined into 4 pack, and even after they got combined (and they are pretty sizable IMO and well worth the price) I wouldn't be surprised if they went the same route as GW2 for actual expac. although I would hope that holders of original game would get discount on a purchase

Livestream in about 25 mins. https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda

Yeah, not feeling the price atm. Gonna wait till the livestream to pass judgement. That articles makes it seem a bit too small for a $60 expansion that ESO Plus doesn't cover.
    As another prospective. I have been playing for about 3 months, pretty much every day. I started at lvl 0, and am now Champion 195. The Champion cap is 561.

So that is levels 1-50. Then Champion 1 - 561 for a total of 611 levels.

With that in mind, take a look at the map:

I have only completed quests in Glenumbra, Stormhaven, and Rivenspire. The map is insanely large, and there are more quests than you can ever complete.

There are a ton of dungeons which can be completed on Normal Mode, or Veteran (Hard) Mode. Quite a few of these also have "alternate" versions. For example, Fungal Grotto I, and Fungal Grotto II.

Fungal Grotto
    Spindleclutch
    The Banished Cells
    Darkshade Caverns
    Wayrest Sewers
    Elden Hollow
    Arx Corinium
    Crypt of Hearts
    City of Ash
    Direfrost Keep
    Volenfell
    Tempest Island
    Blessed Crucible
    Blackheart Haven
    Selene's Web
    Vaults of Madness
    Imperial City Prison
    White Gold Tower

There are a few Raids (Trials), which can also be completed on Normal and Veteran Modes.

Aetherian Archive has four bosses.

Hel Ra has two bosses.

Sanctum Ophidia has four bosses.

So as you can see, there is no shortage of content. This is mostly vanilla stuff. The only thing that the DLC's provide are couple of dungeons, and I believe 1 of the Trials, and a bunch more quests and rewards. For the base price of the game, you will get around 300 hours of PvE content, and however much PvP time you care to spend.

- - - Updated - - -

Console does have a chat box.
    Additionally, if you play on the XB1, and use the Smart Glass App. You can pull up the keyboard on your phone to type on your xbox making it significantly easier to communicate.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    As another prospective. I have been playing for about 3 months, pretty much every day. I started at lvl 0, and am now Champion 195. The Champion cap is 561.

So that is levels 1-50. Then Champion 1 - 561 for a total of 611 levels.

With that in mind, take a look at the map:

I have only completed quests in Glenumbra, Stormhaven, and Rivenspire. The map is insanely large, and there are more quests than you can ever complete.

There are a ton of dungeons which can be completed on Normal Mode, or Veteran (Hard) Mode. Quite a few of these also have "alternate" versions. For example, Fungal Grotto I, and Fungal Grotto II.

Fungal Grotto
    Spindleclutch
    The Banished Cells
    Darkshade Caverns
    Wayrest Sewers
    Elden Hollow
    Arx Corinium
    Crypt of Hearts
    City of Ash
    Direfrost Keep
    Volenfell
    Tempest Island
    Blessed Crucible
    Blackheart Haven
    Selene's Web
    Vaults of Madness
    Imperial City Prison
    White Gold Tower

There are a few Raids (Trials), which can also be completed on Normal and Veteran Modes.

Aetherian Archive has four bosses.

Hel Ra has two bosses.

Sanctum Ophidia has four bosses.

So as you can see, there is no shortage of content. This is mostly vanilla stuff. The only thing that the DLC's provide are couple of dungeons, and I believe 1 of the Trials, and a bunch more quests and rewards. For the base price of the game, you will get around 300 hours of PvE content, and however much PvP time you care to spend.
    But I have done all that. (minus trials, I'm done with that playstyle). The base game is definitely worth the price, I don't deny that at all. The price for this Vaardenfell "expansion" however I feel is to high (with the little amount of info currently avail). Just waiting for the stream to prove me wrong though. I'm probably just spoiled by WoW's expansions. Those are big. Just hoping ZOS can pull off the same.

Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Getting that physical collectors edition for sure. Dwarven statue and a book written by my favourite dark elf? Yes please!

But I have done all that. (minus trials, I'm done with that playstyle). The base game is definitely worth the price, I don't deny that at all. The price for this Vaardenfell "expansion" however I feel is to high (with the little amount of info currently avail). Just waiting for the stream to prove me wrong though. I'm probably just spoiled by WoW's expansions. Those are big. Just hoping ZOS can pull off the same.
    Yeah, I realized I was actually missing the point of your post way too late, LOL! So I just rolled with my thought anyhow in case anyone was curious what the base game has to offer.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Wow! I need to clean my screen now.

Vvardenfell!

Warden Class!

HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!

not 100% feeling this, just seems like a big new zone and a new class. Bgs are nice as well. 40 dollars may be a little steep.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.