Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Nice! Someone has some numbers regarding ESO. Could you post a link for us? Interested to see what they're like.
    Go to steam charts, it's on decline there, of course its just a sample size and could be beyond wrong but it's the only thing people can go off of. Not saying the game is dying or anything, just the usual slump after lack of content
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Good to steam charts, it's on decline there, of course she just a sample size and could be beyond wrong but it's the only thing people can go off of. Not saying the game is saying or anything, just the usual slump after lack of content
    Oh, thought they released actual numbers or something. Steam is only a small percentage of the population for ESO. Many (such as myself) got ESO way before it ever went onto steam. Not to mention the console versions which seem to be doing quite well. Since coming back a few weeks ago, I find the world well populated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Honestly if this game didn't require a fucking PS Plus or Xbox Live sub I'd pick it up. I want it but I want it for console and I already throw down enough monthly when it comes to games. One thing that annoys me about a lot of online games is they require that for consoles nowadays. Only few games I know of that don't are F2P stuff and FF14.
    I dont know why you would play it on a console anyways. No chat box, addons etc. Its a significantly worse experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I dont know why you would play it on a console anyways. No chat box, addons etc. Its a significantly worse experience.
    Console does have a chat box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Console does have a chat box.
    I swear mine didn't. Did they add in within the last year?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I swear mine didn't. Did they add in within the last year?
    Update 11. Which I think was Aug/Sept?

10+ Year Old Account
    Update 11. Which I think was Aug/Sept?
    Hm, Last time I played on console was Christmas 2015.

Oh, thought they released actual numbers or something. Steam is only a small percentage of the population for ESO. Many (such as myself) got ESO way before it ever went onto steam. Not to mention the console versions which seem to be doing quite well. Since coming back a few weeks ago, I find the world well populated.
    this. I don't have a steam version either. neither does the friend I got into the game (who actualy managed to get farther then I have in shorter time, cause I keep getting distracted by stealing and he doesn't :P ) in fact, I'd wager to say that most players have a non steam version. whenever I'm online every what's it called.. shard? i don't know, I know that it splits people into instances/shards/miniservers?.. of sorts , but anyways, its pretty much hopping even when I log in at 2 am eastern to do a quick writ/undaunted delve run post reset. vast majority of outdoor group content that I did, i pretty much just.. came across people doing it and joined in. it really feels like population actualy increased over all. to me a least

that said... I tried playing without addons and.. I just don't like it. at all. like at ALL. on one hand on console - everything sells for a LOT more gold, so I'd be able to make up the gold for housing much faster. but on the other hand.. nyah, I'll stick to my modded PC version :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Dang $60... It better have a lot of new stuff.

Vanilla was $60 and it had like 20 zones, four very long stories, hundreds of fully voiced quests, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Dang $60... It better have a lot of new stuff.

Vanilla was $60 and it had like 20 zones, four very long stories, etc.
    Yeah, not feeling the price atm. Gonna wait till the livestream to pass judgement. That articles makes it seem a bit too small for a $60 expansion that ESO Plus doesn't cover.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it $40 if you're upgrading an existing vanilla account?

Even still $40 seems like a lot, especially since the other dlc packs are significantly less.

Oh damn, sounds like a proper expansion. And new Warden class? Nice.

Also, it's $60 for folks who don't own ESO, $40 if you own ESO already.

June 6 launch date, too. Not a great time to launch it, but damn that's coming in hot. Now I'm torn on whether I want to keep leveling my templar or just create a warden and start fresh when the expansion comes out...gah! ZMO is doing a pretty incredible job of supporting this game, I'm continually impressed with their ability to quickly create content like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoonGateClimber View Post
    Even still $40 seems like a lot, especially since the other dlc packs are significantly less.
    It's the normal price of an expansion for a MMO (well, cheaper now that WoW/GW2 priced theirs at $50). This seems like more of a proper expansion, a bigger in scope then the regular DLC's for the game so far.

Yeah, not feeling the price atm. Gonna wait till the livestream to pass judgement. That articles makes it seem a bit too small for a $60 expansion that ESO Plus doesn't cover.
    I thought they said every expansion would be free to Plus members?

10+ Year Old Account
    IF that launch date is correct We now have a window for WoW 7.2's patch. Between ESO and FFXIV they have to launch somewhere in June or just before. Thats how they roll.

That said this may be the content to fully push me and a crew of 3-4 friends in if theres enough there. Everyone I know started ES with Morrowind so it'll be a hella nostalgia trip if done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I thought they said every expansion would be free to Plus members?
    DLC's, which they are as long as a sub is maintained. This seems more like a proper expansion than another DLC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    IF that launch date is correct We now have a window for WoW 7.2's patch. Between ESO and FFXIV they have to launch somewhere in June or just before. Thats how they roll.

That said this may be the content to fully push me and a crew of 3-4 friends in if theres enough there. Everyone I know started ES with Morrowind so it'll be a hella nostalgia trip if done right.
    Naw, PTS/announcement for 7.3 around that time (or some similarly large announcement). They're going to need to get 7.2 out well before June.

Warden, here I come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    DLC's, which they are as long as a sub is maintained. This seems more like a proper expansion than another DLC.

- - - Updated - - -

Naw, PTS/announcement for 7.3 around that time (or some similarly large announcement). They're going to need to get 7.2 out well before June.
    I mean I want to think they'll stick to their word on quicker content but 7.2 just hit last week. I know 4-5 months seems long for a wait but you think they'd put a half patch with no endgame content up against two major expansions? I'm skeptical. Maybe the last week of May to get that one week head start on ESO. They tend to match up closer to FFXIV more than anything though as it's their closest sub based competitor.

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    I mean I want to think they'll stick to their word on quicker content but 7.2 just hit last week. I know 4-5 months seems long for a wait but you think they'd put a half patch with no endgame content up against two major expansions? I'm skeptical. Maybe the last week of May to get that one week head start on ESO. They tend to match up closer to FFXIV more than anything though as it's their closest sub based competitor.
    Oh, did it? Apologies, getting my numbers mixed up then and hadn't even realized 7.2 was out >.>

In that case, I doubt they can hold 7.3 that long, they'll need to get that one out before June hits and they'll need to have some big announcements/PTS launches around the time that this and the FFXIV expansion launch.

I'd be surprised if they held this back for a 4 month gap between 7.2/3, but it is totally possible. It's not like they don't have tons of data that shows that folks will stay subbed through content droughts : P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh, did it? Apologies, getting my numbers mixed up then and hadn't even realized 7.2 was out >.>

In that case, I doubt they can hold 7.3 that long, they'll need to get that one out before June hits and they'll need to have some big announcements/PTS launches around the time that this and the FFXIV expansion launch.

I'd be surprised if they held this back for a 4 month gap between 7.2/3, but it is totally possible. It's not like they don't have tons of data that shows that folks will stay subbed through content droughts : P
    My bad I meant to say PTR, so it's just now entering testing. Their new 'half patch' cycle would also mean 2.5 is coming at some point too. Which wont enter PTR till after 7.2 is live for a few days to a week.