The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean...you literally get $15 a month in crowns, on top of what is already a pretty solid offering in terms of sub benefits on its own (access to DLC, craft bag, experience bonuses etc.) >.>

That's better than most other F2P/B2P games sub value in the stipend alone, much less the value of the additional goodies - the crafting bag alone would easily be a pretty top tier convenience in any games cash shop, if it wasn't instead a super low drop chance in gacha-box.
    In raw value, yes. But I wouldn't really buy crowns anyways, so it's not as appealing to me. I'd prefer higher bonuses that affect my gameplay on the regular.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Its $15 for $15 worth of shop coins, all the dlc (while subbed), craft bag, bank space, 10% bonus xp, double house space, 10% crafting xp, 10% faster research, and the ability to dye stuff.

I wouldn't say its totally worthless, at least for the average player. Maybe not necessary, but not worthless.

Pretty sure you just post to hate on the game at this point.
    Well yes it is. Bank space is hardly needed when you got crafting bag. Also, you can dye stuff regardless, sub just give option to dye pre defined costumes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Which is an awesome convenience. On the one hand you are arguing that they charge for things they shouldn't charge for, then complain about adding value to something they charge for. Pretty hypocritical stance. It's one of the better F2P game models and is completely transparent and fair. Do I like RNG boxes? Not really, but I have long come to terms with the fact that there is a population of people in every MMO out there who have shit tons of disposable income. They will buy anything and everything under the sun....won't bat an eye at dropping a couple of grand on RNG boxes. That's not going to be my life, but it's a great source of revenue for the game.

I think they could do a bit more to make the subscription feel more valuable overall, like a much higher boost on the XP gain, but it's whatever really. Game is solid, model is fair.
    I dont complain about the sub. I say sub will be really meh if it didnt have crafting bag.

If anything i complain about greed of the developers, and yes, droping couple grands sound awesome for them. Too bad lootboxes were proved to be addictive. It is basically exploiting their playerbase. No matter how you look at it, it is fucked up.

Sure it is good f2p monetization model. Too bad it is on b2p game eh?

EDIT: I dont know if people missed it but whatever - i said the game is very good if you are willing to drop the sub. One of the better value for your money actually. Problem is, for me, all the additional stuff that sub dont get rid off, like lootboxes or additional paywalls like Morrowind. People who completed it say it is no bigger than orsinum and yet, this glorified dlc is called expansion only to get player base to pay MOAR money on top of what they could pay. Lootboxes are also not going away, too much manpower goes into creating content for them and item shop. Which hurt the game as i already explained how and why.

Actual sub is the only thing what is worth money. Mainly for crafting bag and for unlocking dlc (but i already got those i wanted, thanks for crown sale - which costed me more than base game with morrowind on sale. Fucked up).
    Last edited by Aliven; 2018-01-31 at 06:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zenimax will be making an official announcement for the next Chapter of ESO at 4pm EST on Wednesday, March 21st.

https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda
    Last edited by Greevir; 2018-03-19 at 05:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Zenimax will be making an official announcement for the next Chapter of ESO at 4pm EST on Wednesday, March 21st.

https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda
    Summerset isles. Calling it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Summerset isles. Calling it now.
    Ofc. It was datamined months before. Nothing new.

they do summerset isles, they better make it crystalline everywhere.

gonna be shitty if just go with that drab brick they used for everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/26341

Summerset it is.

£20 for the digital normal edition upgrade. You get Morrowind and a free mount instantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Kinda underwhelmed by the announcement, honestly. Seems kinda light for a "Chapter". This one really does feel like an overpriced DLC.

goddammit. i knew they wouldn't do the crystalline buildings.

Yeah. Kinda underwhelmed by the announcement, honestly. Seems kinda light for a "Chapter". This one really does feel like an overpriced DLC.
    But instead, would not be included in subs or with crowns - give us moar money, we dont have enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone wants to try free trial:
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...nline-For-Free

The Elder Scrolls Online Free Play Event begins now for PC/Mac and PlayStation®4 and March 22 for Xbox One. It concludes for all platforms on March 27.

Also i like the new realm look: (spoiler btw)
    http://shrani.si/f/S/j9/49n9AGUm/part1mep.png
    http://shrani.si/f/1J/G2/3CTbPnmr/part2mep.png
    http://shrani.si/f/W/hy/3wfa6qTB/part3mep.png
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, what really came with Morrowind? Besides nostalgia.

The new 'class' is the psijic skill tree, which is a class you can use with an existing class (And is by all accounts basically an addition class skill tree in terms of abilities and passives). That excites me even more than Warden did.

The only real difference is that this doesn't have the nostalgia impact that Morrowind did. Which, to be honest, is a good thing. I personally felt Morrowind's biggest flaw was trying to pander to nostalgia instead of being its own thing, it's why I like it less than all the non-dungeon DLC's we've gotten.

That said the theme isn't terribly interesting to me. High Elves have always been one of the races I've found the most boring, even with all their OOG crap (Which makes them even more boring if I'm honest). But, Summerset does look beautiful.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-03-22 at 12:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in my day Orsinium cost 25$.... 30$ for this is a steal, and it comes with Morrowind if you don't have it, if you don't want to buy Summerset just wait till the next one and get it for free
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Wait you get Morrowind for free if you pre-order? I haven't played ESO in a while but I've done what I wanted in Legion so it's a great time to pick some months of ESO Plus and two xpacs
    Morrowind is super short tho. And quests send you all over the map.

Before trying this game (on PC), be aware it requires exposing your system to malicious third parties by removing firewall/router protection... because their retarded netcode requires you to run a server on your computer. That also prevents you from playing if you have a dynamic IP. And to add insult to injury, their tech support is unqualified to properly troubleshoot the issue and attempts to sell you a commercial VPN package from their (probably) partners.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Before trying this game (on PC), be aware it requires exposing your system to malicious third parties by removing firewall/router protection... because their retarded netcode requires you to run a server on your computer. That also prevents you from playing if you have a dynamic IP. And to add insult to injury, their tech support is unqualified to properly troubleshoot the issue and attempts to sell you a commercial VPN package from their (probably) partners.
    Also worth noting that at least if DLing thru' Steam (in my case the very least), after you finish and get to the Launcher, it demands another 85gb worth of space, claiming it still needs to DL the game. What happens is that rather downloading it just goes through the already downloaded files on your PC, I guess for verification but unless you have the original 85gb + 85gb extra for the Launcher shit it won't allow you further.

For those low on HD space.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Also worth noting that at least if DLing thru' Steam (in my case the very least), after you finish and get to the Launcher, it demands another 85gb worth of space, claiming it still needs to DL the game. What happens is that rather downloading it just goes through the already downloaded files on your PC, I guess for verification but unless you have the original 85gb + 85gb extra for the Launcher shit it won't allow you further.

For those low on HD space.
    Steam does this with pretty much any large games. Its realy a bad platform for bigger games as it always need to check something.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Steam does this with pretty much any large games. Its realy a bad platform for bigger games as it always need to check something.
    I've never seen this with any other game I've had on Steam and that does include many hefty ones. From what I've researched it solely has something to do with ESO Launcher.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

No new class wut.

Green Man Gaming currently selling the pre-purchase for 23% off (with voucher): https://www.greenmangaming.com/title...LLS%3DHero_CTA Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in ... thinking about buying the Standard Upgrade edition for $23 with the discount.

Come on guys. At least post the trailers to build hype in this thread.

People who bought Morrowind in the past got ripped off so hard. Pre-purchasers of Summerset get it for free. Vets who already have Morrowind should at least get something extra for pre-purchasing - like a month of ESO Plus or the DLCs that came out since Morrowind (Dragon's Bone, etc.)
    Last edited by ramjb; 2018-03-22 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    No new class wut.

Green Man Gaming currently selling the pre-purchase for 23% off (with voucher): https://www.greenmangaming.com/title...LLS%3DHero_CTA Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in ... thinking about buying the Standard Upgrade edition for $23 with the discount.

Come on guys. At least post the trailers to build hype in this thread.

People who bought Morrowind in the past got ripped off so hard. Pre-purchasers of Summerset get it for free. Vets who already have Morrowind should at least get something extra for pre-purchasing - like a month of ESO Plus or the DLCs that came out since Morrowind (Dragon's Bone, etc.)
    You get one zone. One skill line, which either nobody will use or will be op (i think it will be op) and one profession.

This game dont really deserve building up hype when they create minimum product for x money.