morrowind went on sale about 3 months, I think it was after release. the price didn't permanently drop until few months ago, but it did go on sale, so yes. summerset WILL go on sale eventualy. however - after june 12 - it will not include morrowind and it will STILL be $30 for the basic edition. so.... decide for yourself if you want to wait for it to go on sale, or get it now. morrowind is a promotion. its not free as in you have to buy summerset and you have to buy it before june 12 to get it, but it IS a no extra cost perk. for now. its mean for people who might be on the fence about buying summerset now rather then waiting, people who may still not have morrowind yet. its meant to encourage them to spend money now, rather then later.

I mean... its not like this is the first time. a lot of games, both single player and multiplayer offer perks on form of extra content with preorders. extra content that you will have to buy separately once preorders are done. I don't think Dragone Age 2 was the first one to do it, but its the one that comes to my mind as the early example (I'm talking about exiled prince), but its been happening with a LOT of games.

this is a VERY common promotion and NO one is getting ripped off by it.

that said... anniversary event is about to start! bring on the motifs and plummeting prices and that delicious delicious double xp

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/26349

dunno why there's only a post and not a separate section like gw2 or ffxiv
    this game atm it's really really awesome.

Damnit all, why is the crafting bag the best damn subscription perk ever?

I'm diving back into the game to continue working on clearing out all the quest content and shit (while ignoring story, I realize it's silly) and the ability to mindlessly loot everything I walk by is just so enjoyable.

At some point I should actually look up how to spend my skill/CP/stat points and do a rework, because I probably totally screwed it up. But oh well, it works for open world and basic dungeon content and that's all I'm interested in right now.

And I've got a Warden alt that I may muck around with. Was almost tempted to swap but I've put too much time and cleared far too much of the world with my Templar to look back now. Maybe I'll actually pay attention to the story when I finally get around to playing her.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Damnit all, why is the crafting bag the best damn subscription perk ever?

I'm diving back into the game to continue working on clearing out all the quest content and shit (while ignoring story, I realize it's silly) and the ability to mindlessly loot everything I walk by is just so enjoyable.
    I've played during the Anni for the buffs and yeah...with HarvestMap addon I spend most of my time just gathering everything in sight. I can barely do quests b/c I'm too busy looting chests and doing achievements. It's fun though.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I've played during the Anni for the buffs and yeah...with HarvestMap addon I spend most of my time just gathering everything in sight. I can barely do quests b/c I'm too busy looting chests and doing achievements. It's fun though.
    Yeah, that's what I was doing when i wasn't playing but was just logging in to upgrade my horse. I had a short loop that hit a few chest spawns and a few handfuls of gathering nodes that I'd hit, train my mount, check my research, call it a day.

HarvestMap is great. One thing I wish we could do is gather without dismounting, but oh well. The day when I eventually get around to trying to figure out crafting I should have a damn healthy stockpile of materials sitting around and waiting, lol.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    HarvestMap is great. One thing I wish we could do is gather without dismounting, but oh well. The day when I eventually get around to trying to figure out crafting I should have a damn healthy stockpile of materials sitting around and waiting, lol.
    When you do, there is an addon that will automatically pickup the crafting daillies, autocraft the items when you access the station, then auto turn them in and accept rewards. Most beautiful thing I've seen in the addon space.
    BAD WOLF

Yeah, that's what I was doing when i wasn't playing but was just logging in to upgrade my horse. I had a short loop that hit a few chest spawns and a few handfuls of gathering nodes that I'd hit, train my mount, check my research, call it a day.

Crafting is pretty dam easy in this game, it's the research part that is a pain in the ass, having to find specific weapons or specific armor slot pieces with specific traits you want. Crafting just takes having ability points to spend on the tree you want to craft in and the motifs for the styles you want, which are generally pretty plentiful for the basic ones. But just having enough to craft usable armor, without any super duper stats or things on them, REALLY simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Summerset is on the PTS, I’d you were in any previous betas you can go to Summerset!

Hmm... there don’t seem to be any new costumes or personalities in this chapter. Beyond the pre order costume that is.

All I’ve found are some momentos, a silly skullcap and an emote. Disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Datamined items (probaly crown store):
    https://elderscrolls.net/2018/04/17/...ovlenie-4-0-0/
    Patch notes:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...otes-v4-0-0/p1

Oh and i have so much fun in world pvp right now that event still runs on Eu. Fells like i am back in vanila wow ganking players.

(i gank them in worm cult set--- the one they farm, to feed on their tears -- so many wispers of hate -- i love it)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Hi. I tried ESO not too long ago. Got to level 36. I am not saying i know the game, but why i never subbed more than 1 month was because of the Class system. It is really just nothing, in my opinion.

I am a mini maxer. I want to play a class and build that People actually invites for high end game content. That being Said I made myself a mag sorc. Staff/staff is the way to go. I wanted to be Ranged but bow/bow is crap because if you are far away you dont get any heals (flaw in spec system as healers imo). So with my mag sorc i realized that i have to stand in melee anyway because of how abilities work and again, to get heals.

Looking Into other meta specs i quickly realized that dualweild / bow and staff/ staff are literarly the Only specs you want to play. How boring isnt that? That is not even all. All classes plays 90% the same. Almost all abilities are the same. Like 2-3 are different. For me this is really poor class design. The game seems amazing. I Think it all just was done for me in eso after watching every raid members stacking on each other almost all the time because if they dont, yes, they dont get any heals.

I am not here to bash eso or make People not play the game, but right now it is like the game has 2 dps classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    I wanted to be Ranged but bow/bow is crap because if you are far away you dont get any heals (flaw in spec system as healers imo). So with my mag sorc i realized that i have to stand in melee anyway because of how abilities work and again, to get heals.
    That's a problem with shit healers, then. I regularly heal normal dungeons (because I don't care much about min/max and don't want to bother too much with veterans) and never had an issue making sure that I was catching melee/ranged party members with my heals. It can be tricky at times when the ranged folks are deciding to run all over and I need to be careful with positioning, but that's not really a problem with the core combat for the game.

Looking Into other meta specs i quickly realized that dualweild / bow and staff/ staff are literarly the Only specs you want to play. How boring isnt that?
    If you're going for min/max, there are always going to be only a small handful of builds that will be the best. But if you're not, then ESO allows for tons of variety. But you said you're going for min/max, and I'm really not sure what games you know of that have more than a small handful of builds that are viable at the top levels of play.

All classes plays 90% the same. Almost all abilities are the same. Like 2-3 are different.
    All your weapon/armor/guild skills are the same, yes. What is different are your three class lines. That's in large part to ensure that each class can perform each role via the weapons/armor alone, and supplement/customize builds via their class skills. Or in some cases like with Templar, where you can largely get away with healing using class skills exclusively.

I am not here to bash eso or make People not play the game, but right now it is like the game has 2 dps classes.
    If you're only focused on min/max, that may be true. But if you're not, like most folks, then there's still tons of variety possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    What could easily fix the class system a bit would be removing all the buffs from the game. Major sorcery etc.

With 5 abilities on your bar, there really isn't room for buffs to make the gameplay meaningful.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

15+ Year Old Account
    I play eso a lot at the moment and while I do enjoy it I really dislike the class system.

Previous games had no classes, plus there’s too few class spells. I really don’t want to use weapon skills as I want to feel that I play a different character but that limits the choices a lot.

you don't have to stand in melee to get heals. you DO have to stand between melee and healer to get full benefit of heals and more importantly - buffs. I do try to get people who insist on standing behind me or to the side me for whatever reason now matter how much I change my own positioning, but when it comes to ground AoE heals? if you are deliberately making my life difficult, you are on your own.

Lazy writ crafter is life. lazy writ crafter is love.

lucky for me i'm not a minmaxer so I use class abilities when i like the way they work and play both magika and stamina because its my damn game time that I'm paying for (that and i tend to mostly stick to normal content, I've done vet and its very possible without playing FOTM build, I just... prefer more relaxing playtime)

that said... its 12 abilities not 5. front bar, back bar, plus 2 ultimates, which you can only use one at a time, so you situationally chose which one. aka - plenty of space for buffs.

- - - Updated - - -

ESO plus trial is coming up again

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/26369

and current members get the crates for logging in

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    ESO plus trial is coming up again

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/26369

and current members get the crates for logging in
    Nice. Normally I'd use this time to make sure I dumped all my crafting mats into my crafting bag but since I'm subbed I guess I get some free crates. First time I've been subbed during these promotions, so I'll call that a happy coincidence. Now to hope they have some neat costumes or something, because with that panther mount thingy from the Summerset preorder and the fox pet I have from...something I'm all set on that front.

Nice. Normally I'd use this time to make sure I dumped all my crafting mats into my crafting bag but since I'm subbed I guess I get some free crates. First time I've been subbed during these promotions, so I'll call that a happy coincidence. Now to hope they have some neat costumes or something, because with that panther mount thingy from the Summerset preorder and the fox pet I have from...something I'm all set on that front.
    Dragon priest costume is pretty neat, IMO, currently using it on my stamblade. you can preview what's in crates when you log in, since its the current shipment. just go to crown store, scroll down to crown crates, select, mouse over any of the crate packs, hit R (or right click>preview) and it should give you a preview list of everything in them, including things that cannot be bought with gems :/

P.S. fennec fox? or the little orange and brown one? cause second is from a DLC

So ive been in a MMO mode since playing the Rift Prime, and I always wanted to try out ESO. So I bought the game (I actually fudged it super hardcore, bought a digital upgrade, instead of the game. Then I bought the game, before realizing I could have just preorded summerrest), playing multiple characters atm just to see what class I like best. Highest level is 25 atm, also is it normally to be 25 still in vvardenfell? I assume the anniversary exp messes it up a little bit.

The only issue is I normally don't care about quests outside of the main story, is that going to be a issue with ESO? I would hate to play a ton to get to 50 and that "the game" is to be immerse into the world with all the side quests. Not saying its bad, I just lack the attention span really. I just kind of get a sense its mostly a single playerish game in a MMO world.

So far ive been only able to play 1 maybe 2 hours max before I take a break for the day. Which is unusual to say the least for me in MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by supersnap View Post
    So ive been in a MMO mode since playing the Rift Prime, and I always wanted to try out ESO. So I bought the game (I actually fudged it super hardcore, bought a digital upgrade, instead of the game. Then I bought the game, before realizing I could have just preorded summerrest), playing multiple characters atm just to see what class I like best. Highest level is 25 atm, also is it normally to be 25 still in vvardenfell? I assume the anniversary exp messes it up a little bit.

The only issue is I normally don't care about quests outside of the main story, is that going to be a issue with ESO? I would hate to play a ton to get to 50 and that "the game" is to be immerse into the world with all the side quests. Not saying its bad, I just lack the attention span really. I just kind of get a sense its mostly a single playerish game in a MMO world.

So far ive been only able to play 1 maybe 2 hours max before I take a break for the day. Which is unusual to say the least for me in MMOs.
    IMO this game is absolutely an immerse yourself in the world and do side quests and everything to experience the story type game, which can mostly be done solo. I love it, personally, but understand why it won't be for everybody.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thinking about finally getting Morrowind + Summerset expansions.

Have they added server-wide auction house yet or do I still have to join a gazillion of guilds?
    I played ESO when it was released and it's not a bad game, but not having account-wide auction house is a real dealbreaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Thinking about finally getting Morrowind + Summerset expansions.

Have they added server-wide auction house yet or do I still have to join a gazillion of guilds?
    I played ESO when it was released and it's not a bad game, but not having account-wide auction house is a real dealbreaker.
    No server wide AH, still gotta use guild stores.