Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I assume you have ESO Plus? After the new Chapter was released (Summerset), the previous Chapter became available as DLC with the collectibles and Warden available at the crown store. I assume the same will happen next year when the new Chapter is released.

_____
    Started playing again a couple of weeks ago and grabbed ESO Plus; seriously the game must be unplayable without the crafting bag. I am loving the storylines (I had stopped playing at around Hew's Bane release so I did Craglorn, Thief's Guild and Dark Brotherhood. Loving the game but I can see how if I catch up I will stop playing fast; the RNG in this game is insane and thank god for crafting being reasonably strong.
    No, I don't have ESO Plus, but I really want it.
    I have no expansion or DLC, only the base game.

"Do I care for the lives of mortals? No. Do you care for the lives of ants that crawls beneath your feet?"

Signature by the awesome Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrick View Post
    No, I don't have ESO Plus, but I really want it.
    I have no expansion or DLC, only the base game.
    I have just checked- the (indirect) way to see what you have is to login to your account, click on the top left corner the Store link and from there select any of the available options to see if you qualify to buy it.

It seems that right now they have the base game and the Summerset expansion at a massive discount- the current base game is at £7.49 and the expansion at £14.99 (I think). That's a pretty sweet deal if I am honest, especially the price for what would be for you the Morrowind expansion.

I hope that helps, happy gaming

PS if there is a different way other than doing the same in-game, then please correct me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    so soon tumblr shall literally kill itself by going "family friendly"
    How is that relevant to this thread?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    How is that relevant to this thread?
    bah wrong thread XD

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey folks. So, I wanna get ESO for my ps4, but this expansion/DLC thing is confusing as hell.

From what I gather, if you buy, say, Morrowind or Summerset by themselves, you will get that expansion plus the base game. Correct?

So you can buy the other expansion on the Crown Store, yeah?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Hey folks. So, I wanna get ESO for my ps4, but this expansion/DLC thing is confusing as hell.

From what I gather, if you buy, say, Morrowind or Summerset by themselves, you will get that expansion plus the base game. Correct?

So you've got... - https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...OMORROWINDBUND base game + morrowind

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...MSETBUNDLAUNCH base game + summerset (I can't tell if morrowind is included)

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...OBTLBUNDLAUNCH base game + morrowind + summerset + some of the dLC

You can buy DLC in the crown store, but not sure about expansions. I think you have to go through whatever storefront you picked the base game up for that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post

And if you have ESO Plus membership, aka subscription, you don't need to own any DLC's (note, DLC's, not chapters​ aka expansions) - they are included in the subscription as long as it's active.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    And if you have ESO Plus membership, aka subscription, you don't need to own any DLC's (note, DLC's, not chapters​ aka expansions) - they are included in the subscription as long as it's active.
    This too. And you can always spend your monthly cash shop stipend on purchasing the DLC so you can own it forever. Any time I pick the game up for more than just a one-off session I'll usually sub up for a month or two, sub perks are bloody fantastic (CRAFTING BAG BEST BAG) and essentially getting the DLC for "free" through the stipend is a better deal than buying it as a one-off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This too. And you can always spend your monthly cash shop stipend on purchasing the DLC so you can own it forever. Any time I pick the game up for more than just a one-off session I'll usually sub up for a month or two, sub perks are bloody fantastic (CRAFTING BAG BEST BAG) and essentially getting the DLC for "free" through the stipend is a better deal than buying it as a one-off.
    Yeah and you also get those 1500 crowns for that monthly sub, which is close to the same price as buying the crowns separately.

So basically you buy 1500 crowns a month and get the sub benefits as extra.

I think the ESO business model/in-game shop is the best one in the market.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Yeah and you also get those 1500 crowns for that monthly sub, which is close to the same price as buying the crowns separately.

Do agree. Only thing that annoys me a little are the lootboxes.

But any game with them in annoys me.

I think they even bumped it up to 2K a month recently, so even better.

And agreed. While some of their prices are pretty nuts - specifically for housing - just about everything sold is purely cosmetic and if you're subbing isn't hard to save up for. It's a fantastic "cash shop positive" approach that gives a solid base experience without money, and realistically only has a few purchases that impact gameplay in any significant way but are still purely convenience (the bank/vendor NPC's) and the crafting bag from the sub. I'm always happy to sub up whenever I play because I like supporting good games with fair monetization practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Do agree. Only thing that annoys me a little are the lootboxes.

But any game with them in annoys me.
    I actually enjoy them just because they give them away for free so often.

I came back to play this game around June when Summerset came out... Since then from all the events in-game, on twitch, holidays, etc. and the daily login rewards... I have gotten dozens of loot boxes for free. Gotten several mounts, a couple pets, some motifs, etc.

10+ Year Old Account

Exept their lootboxes. I would prefer if they removed them and put those items in store instead.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I think they even bumped it up to 2K a month recently, so even better.

And agreed. While some of their prices are pretty nuts - specifically for housing - just about everything sold is purely cosmetic and if you're subbing isn't hard to save up for. It's a fantastic "cash shop positive" approach that gives a solid base experience without money, and realistically only has a few purchases that impact gameplay in any significant way but are still purely convenience (the bank/vendor NPC's) and the crafting bag from the sub. I'm always happy to sub up whenever I play because I like supporting good games with fair monetization practices.
    its 1650 i believe, with some meh crown store perks (though the dress we got this month is not half bad)

that said, if you are willing to learn how to make gold in this game and have some patience - most housing can be done entirely with gold. crown only houses are.. eh. I mean I got a few cause pretty but they are not functionally better then gold or crown houses. and with crown gifting in game now, you can even get crown exclusive furniture with gold. not to mention crown exclusive mounts and outfits and stuff

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Exept their lootboxes. I would prefer if they removed them and put those items in store instead.
    I don't mind those lootboxes, because they don't give out p2w stuff. I don't consider XP boosts and basic foods/potions as p2w - the other stuff is just cosmetic.

Vivec city is still faster for writs then summerset. why? cause its more compact and banker is right in a center so you ca precraft food and potions, store them in a bank and pull as needed. saves a LOT of time and bag space

Ok, so, years ago I prepurchased ESO and had an account and stuff but ended up not playing for personal reasons related to people I once knew but now don't.

Seeing as I have an account, is it possible to download the game through Steam for ease of use and access, utilizing my old account info? Or do I need to run everything separately?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Ok, so, years ago I prepurchased ESO and had an account and stuff but ended up not playing for personal reasons related to people I once knew but now don't.

Seeing as I have an account, is it possible to download the game through Steam for ease of use and access, utilizing my old account info? Or do I need to run everything separately?
    You'd need to purchase it through Steam for that. You can still launch the game through Steam if you want, it'll give you the overlay while you're playing and shit, but it won't have all the native Steam functionality.

You'd need to purchase it through Steam for that. You can still launch the game through Steam if you want, it'll give you the overlay while you're playing and shit, but it won't have all the native Steam functionality.
    So it's completely separate? eww
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

You could try to contact the support and ask them if they can provide you a way to link it to your steam account. Doesnt hurt to try