I tried TESO and quit when I saw the first green/day zone, where there were no roofs. It looked like the blueprint of a game, much like their CCG. Anyone know what I’m talking about?
    Last edited by AryuFate; 2019-03-24 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I tried TESO and quit when I saw the first green zone, where there were no roofs. It looked like the blueprint of a game, much like their CCG. Anyone know what I’m talking about?
    Not really. Since "green zone" doesn't really help us identify the zone. Too much vague information as well to know what you are getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    so do what I've been doing till now
    as I get it: CP is something along the lines of item lvl in WoW? (only you can spend skills in a new talentsystem)
    its kinda like paragon levels in diablo 3, in that you get variety of passive buffs from it, but it also determines ilevel of the gear you can wear/that will drop for you. THAT tops out at 160. or basically what Edge said :P

- - - Updated - - -

I tried TESO and quit when I saw the first green/day zone, where there were no roofs. It looked like the blueprint of a game, much like their CCG. Anyone know what I’m talking about?
    no idea what you mean. the only places where there are no roofs is usually ruins of previous, essentially extinct civilizations. but there are also cities WITH roofs in those same zones.

I'm honestly not sure exactly what your issue was. bug? or just dislike of art style?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    no idea what you mean. the only places where there are no roofs is usually ruins of previous, essentially extinct civilizations. but there are also cities WITH roofs in those same zones.

I'm honestly not sure exactly what your issue was. bug? or just dislike of art style?
    Sounds like their PC just couldn't handle ESO.

No idea what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakur- View Post
    Is this game completely F2P? and is it pay to win or not? cause ive tried several things that turned out p2w and i hate it ..
    It's B2P, but without a sub Crafting is extremely annoying.

New Trailer

RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Getting a bit irritated now.

Had that thing I mentioned with the dungeons again where I get kicked for queuing random.

Basically queued Random and got one called Maladath and the 3 premades wanted to re queue because they were "dying too easy" or something....

I mean no offence but if you are "dying too easy" then firstly that's on you and secondly don't use the random queue if you don't want to get a dungeon that you might have trouble with.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Getting a bit irritated now.

Had that thing I mentioned with the dungeons again where I get kicked for queuing random.

Basically queued Random and got one called Maladath and the 3 premades wanted to re queue because they were "dying too easy" or something....

I mean no offence but if you are "dying too easy" then firstly that's on you and secondly don't use the random queue if you don't want to get a dungeon that you might have trouble with.
    From multiple games i've played with group finders, i've given up faith in them. If I don't have a group I either solo the content, or wait till I have friends or guildies who are available to run with me.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    From multiple games i've played with group finders, i've given up faith in them. If I don't have a group I either solo the content, or wait till I have friends or guildies who are available to run with me.
    Haven't had any luck finding a guild on PS4 EU sadly.

Doesn't help admittedly that with new games I'm a bit to myself for the initial bit.

But man I hate people who queue for dungeons then demand the one person in their little premade do as they say.

Just go as a full 4 man if you want to do a dungeon your own way.

I queued random because I want that XP reward. If I wanted Fungal Grotto (which I was already getting god knows how many times in random already) then I'd use the specific queue.

Hasn't sullied my opinion of the game obviously.

Wait the prologue is up today?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Wait the prologue is up today?
    Yes. /10chars
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

I assume the prologue isn't a timed exclusive thing? I kinda want to wait until Elseweyr launches before i start playing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    I assume the prologue isn't a timed exclusive thing? I kinda want to wait until Elseweyr launches before i start playing again.
    Nah they always stay around forever. Which is really weird for people joining after some time since there is no clear quest flow and you can easily do the DLC before its prologue. . .

By Thrall's balls - do they really make it that intentionally hard to get access to the ESO forums?
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

Are there any beginner guides anyone could recommend? I picked the base game up on steam for $10 and so far I'm kind of confused on what to do. Following the story and all that just fine but I'm having a hard time grasping all the systems and "goal" if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Are there any beginner guides anyone could recommend? I picked the base game up on steam for $10 and so far I'm kind of confused on what to do. Following the story and all that just fine but I'm having a hard time grasping all the systems and "goal" if that makes sense.
    Dottz on Youtube has AMAZING beginner guides that go over EVERYTHING. Helped me a lot. I still check em out as a level 30.

One thing I learned which you should also check out is his guide for "Animation Cancelling".
    Last edited by Felmourn; 2019-03-26 at 11:02 PM. Reason: spelling
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

Quote Originally Posted by Felmourn View Post
    Dottz on Youtube has AMAZING beginner guides that go over EVERYTHING. Helped me a lot. I still check em out as a level 30.
    Thanks I'll check em out

The MOST important part about starting ESO is to NOT do Summerset/Morrowind first.

Teleport to your faction's starting town (AD: Auridon - Vulkhel Guard / DC: Glenumbra - Daggerfall / EP: Stonefalls - Davon's Watch). Talk to "Hooded Figure" and accept a quest called "Soul Shriven in Coldharbour". Follow that quest line.

The game's default settings are also mostly totally fucked up so check all of them out. Adjust keybindings, camera, inverse foot kinematics, custom telegraph brightness, healthbar visibility and orientation, damage numbers, buff and debuff visibility, aoe and auto looting, prevent attacking innocents... and probably plenty of other default settings that are completely wrong.

Some other tips for beginners: your class is largely irrelevant (in terms of what you can or should do) - but your race isn't.

Every class can tank, stamina dps, magicka dps or heal. Some are slightly better in one thing than others, but they can all do every job just fine. The races, however, are suited for certain roles more than others.

The most suitable races for different roles (not in particular order):

Tanks: Nord, Imperial, Argonian, Orc
    Stamina DPS: Redguard, Wood Elf, Dark Elf, Imperial, Khajiit, Orc
    Magicka DPS: High Elf, Breton, Khajiit, Dark Elf
    Healers: Argonian, High Elf, Breton, Dark Elf, Khajiit

Also, install addon management program called Minion. Install addons. There are lots of great quality of life and pretty much mandatory addons out there - like eg. Map Pins (shows lorebooks, skyshards, dungeon/delve bosses on map). Most addons don't require much, if at all, configuration either.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2019-03-27 at 12:55 AM.

all of the above except for the whole class doesn't matter, class DOES in fact matter as much as race does for certain roles. For example - in current meta, best tank combos are dragonknights and wardens, best healer combo is templar and believe it or not - sorcerer, and some dps are much MUCH better then others, so its especialy important if you are planning on being a stam dps, as most end game content is not the friendliest to melee and stam tends to be melee, and I would seriously disable the in game spec guide, cause it does more harm then good. seriously. unless of course you are just in it for the fun and not to minmax... in which case - play whatever combination your heart desires over-world content is forgiving enough that even if you go full on role play hybrid, you will still be able to successfully finish quests. it may take longer and your character might die here and there, but you will still be able to complete story quests.

also, I'm a fan of Tianlein's guides cause they are in bite size individual videos rather then 2 hour guide for everything (even with time stamps). but its largely a matter of personal preference.

addon site - https://www.esoui.com/addons.php
    addon manager - https://minion.mmoui.com/