Page 1 of 213
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Megathread] The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited

ADVENTURE WITHOUT LIMITS
    Welcome to One Tamriel, a world of opportunity without restriction! An unprecedented achievement for an online RPG, One Tamriel removes Alliance restrictions and will automatically level your characters to match the difficulty of the content wherever you are in the world. Travel where you like, whenever you like, with whomever you like regardless of their Alliance or level. Accept any quest, fight any monster, and experience a world of adventure without limits!

DUELING
    For years adventurers have spoken of their prowess in battle. Now, with One Tamriel, they can prove their mettle with the all-new dueling system. Challenge friends, guild-mates, or anyone you meet in the world to a duel anytime, anywhere.

THE ULTIMATE WEAPON
    Each weapon skill line now has a powerful new ultimate. Heal your group in the nick of time with a healing staff ultimate or deal a devastating, resistance-reducing blow with a two-handed sword! In One Tamriel, there are now even more ways to hone the perfect play-style.

WELCOME BACK TO CRAGLORN
    Pack your gear and set a course for Craglorn! Rebuilt from the ground up, The Elder Scrolls Online's first adventure zone is the perfect place for solo adventurers and small groups to embark on hours of story quests and obtain valuable loot. With its rebirth, Craglorn now also welcomes “lone wolf" heroes to explore its deepest secrets.

CELEBRATE THE HOLIDAYS
    Celebrate the high holidays of Tamriel with our new Event System.

Become a creature of the night during October's Witches Festival, enjoy a fresh start to a new year with the New Life Festival revels, and much more. Each in-game event features new costumes, masks, player activities, and other special items associated with the holiday.

HOMESTEAD
    Homestead, introduces the long-anticipated player housing system. It also includes furniture crafting and robust home decoration options. With nearly 40 unique homes to choose from and over 2,000 individual decorative and furniture options to make each home truly unique, Homestead will allow you to make Tamriel your own like never before.

ESO PLUS AND THE CROWN STORE
    Become an ESO Plus™ member to gain access to all DLC game packs available in the Crown Store and benefit from in-game bonuses. It is the preferred choice of Tamriel's greatest champions!

INCLUDED WITH ALL MEMBERSHIPS:

* Access to DLC game packs
    * Crowns to spend on the in-game store
    * Access to Costume Dyeing at Dye Stations
    * Expanded crafting inventory
    * 10% bonus to experience points gain
    * 10% bonus to crafting inspiration gain
    * 10% bonus to trait research time
    * 10% bonus to gold acquisition

Take advantage of these great benefits and become an ESO Plus™ member today! Not interested in paying a subscription? That's perfectly fine! While you won't receive the bonus's above, you can play the game for free (except for the initial purchase of course). Note, that if you did sub and you choose to end your sub, you will lose access to the content included with ESO Plus™ unless you buy the DLC from the Crown Store separately. But really, the expanded crafting inventory is worth the sub all to itself. So try out ESO Plus™.

The Crown Store contains DLC, Cosmetics, Mounts, Pets, and some Game Services that you can puchase with Crowns. The Crowns themselves can be bought online at elderscrollsonline.com. From the Crown Store you can buy DLC such as Imperial City, The Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, and more. You can also find mounts, non-combat pets, crafting styles, dyes, costumes, lootcrates (contains random Crown Store Items) and consumables. Consumables bought from the Crown Store aren't as powerful as their in-game equivalents, but can help out when you're in a bind. The nice thing about the Crown Store if you aren't partaking in ESO Plus is the purchasable DLC. Once you purchase the DLC from the Crown Store, you have it forever. It's a great option for those not subbing.

DLC

IMPERIAL CITY
    Molag Bal and the forces of Coldharbour have taken control of the crown jewel of Cyrodiil: the Imperial City. The Elder Scrolls Online's first DLC game pack features hours of compelling story content, a new currency for new epic gear, two new dungeons, never-before-seen monsters, craftable item sets, and more.

ORSINIUM
    Orsinium, one of ESO's largest DLC game pack to date, features a colossal new zone with over 20 hours of story content, a new single-player monster arena, new public dungeons, and much more! This DLC game pack for the award-winning The Elder Scrolls Online takes you to the mountains of Wrothgar, and to the Orc capital itself, to unravel plots and counter-plots, and clash with all-new enemies and allies.

THIEVE'S GUILD
    Join the Thieves Guild of Abah's Landing to become the newest recruit in their organization of pickpockets, burglars, robbers, and thieves. This DLC game pack for the award-winning The Elder Scrolls Online takes you to Hew's Bane – an all new zone to explore in the southern peninsula of Hammerfell. Combined with new story content that will bring you back to all your favorite areas of Tamriel, Thieves Guild offers unexplored delves, powerful group bosses, and much more!

DARK BROTHERHOOD
    Join the merciless Dark Brotherhood of the Gold Coast, prowling in the shadows cast by the two great powers of the region. Though at the height of their power, the Dark Brotherhood faces a grave threat in the form of a mysterious black-armored warrior capable of bringing down their best agents. Venture forth for another exciting chapter of the Elder Scrolls Online as you carve a bloody swath across Tamriel in the name of the Dark Brotherhood!

SHADOWS OF THE HIST
    The Argonians of the Dark Brotherhood need your help against a cadre of rogue assassins who threaten to hurl all of Black Marsh into bloody chaos. Fight your way into the Cradle of Shadows to uncloak the secrets of the twisted Silken Ring!

ESO HAS IT'S FIRST EXPANSION ANNOUNCED!

MORROWIND

ESO HAS ADDON SUPPORT!
    ESO has support for addons. No, you can't mod it to insane levels that you could in the single-player Elder Scrolls games, but it does allow a lot of modification to ESO's somewhat less than stellar UI. I suggest ESOUI.com with their Minion app to handle your addon needs.

DISCLAIMER: This is a thread about ESO and ESO only. Please guys, no game bashing. Try to keep on topic and be kind to others.
    Last edited by Greevir; 2017-02-22 at 09:23 PM.

First on the new thread!

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

Also, here's a link to the old one if anyone is interested in digging through it for info and reactions during that time.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1126434-Megathread-Elder-Scrolls-Online

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend adding information about esoui.com and Minion to the OP so people know this game supports addons as well as the fact that it's coming to consoles very soon just to cover all the bases. Maybe embed one of the new cinematic cuts as well. Otherwise, great job and welcome all to our new ESO home.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I would recommend adding information about esoui.com and Minion to the OP so people know this game supports addons as well as the fact that it's coming to consoles very soon just to cover all the bases. Maybe embed one of the new cinematic cuts as well. Otherwise, great job and welcome all to our new ESO home.
    Good idea.

RIP old megathread.
    Hello new megathread!

Switched to my EP templar. Couldn't take playing my Dragon Knight anymore, it's just terrible compared to my templar. At least the build was.

10+ Year Old Account
    I installed it, got to VR 1 before it went F2P and just quit, because that system was bullshit, and there should have been a real end game. Playing around with it now, I still dont see an end game. In fact its still yelling at me to go level up as a member of another faction. Which is lazy as fuck game design. Leveling Champion ranks, instead of VR ranks, how was that an improvement?

I finished the main story, and I still dont see any content worth playing, Free or Not.

But if you havent played it yet, just playing through the main story for free is a good deal.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    i only played this game during the beta with a friend and while it looked all nice it was really messy with the whole megaserver stuff which made it impossible for either of us to see each other until an hour in, that turned me off greatly towards this game but maybe with the B2P model is it worth it if you enjoyed the previous ESO games?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Leveling Champion ranks, instead of VR ranks, how was that an improvement?
    It's a complete paradigm shift in terms of what you will need to do content going forward. I believe all the new areas will be available for 'everyone' instead of only being for VR capped players. The champion system is similar to paragon levels in D3 where playing any character rewards all of your characters. Rift has a similar system. It adds more incentive to play any content with any character (at max level) as it's not wasting any of your efforts.

They have several new areas planned which will have their own stories, their own rewards, and should be accessible by a much greater group of people. Considering they plan to make revenue off of it, it had to be this way. It's a more ideal system for everyone.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    So sometime down the line they will do paid story expansion then?
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I installed it, got to VR 1 before it went F2P and just quit, because that system was bullshit, and there should have been a real end game. Playing around with it now, I still dont see an end game. In fact its still yelling at me to go level up as a member of another faction. Which is lazy as fuck game design. Leveling Champion ranks, instead of VR ranks, how was that an improvement?
    Meh, most of the 'end games' around aren't much better. Run around a 'dungeon' or something killing bosses for a small % chance of getting an item that is about a 1.8% upgrade over a previous item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    i only played this game during the beta with a friend and while it looked all nice it was really messy with the whole megaserver stuff which made it impossible for either of us to see each other until an hour in, that turned me off greatly towards this game but maybe with the B2P model is it worth it if you enjoyed the previous ESO games?
    During the beta there were a TON of phasing issues where you couldn't see each other in groups. Almost all of that has been fixed. There are still parts of the game where you won't see other group members but those are done by design (mainly solo instances, main story, guild story, etc.) The tutorial at the start (Coldharbour, which has been revamped) is single player up to a point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Meh, most of the 'end games' around aren't much better. Run around a 'dungeon' or something killing bosses for a small % chance of getting an item that is about a 1.8% upgrade over a previous item.
    I've liked what SWTOR ended up doing. Story driven leveling, and then end game raids, with the group matching tool to make them accessible. Would work well with ESO.

10+ Year Old Account
    The goal is to add new zones during their update cycle. I think they are looking at quarterly? It will likely add everything you would expect, including new delves and dungeons. I'm not sure what the rewards structure will be, but it seems they recognize their strength is in the story and playing through it so they are committed to continuing to develop that.
    BAD WOLF

New content will be delivered in the form of paid DLC (which is automatically unlocked for subs as long as they maintain their subscription) with (IIRC) free components as well, but I don't think anyone would be surprised at a proper expansion pack down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I think they are looking at quarterly?
    Correct, they're moving away from the monthly (month and a halfly) update schedule to a quarterly one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excited about this game. Need to wait to get a new pc first though.

30 hours and still no deletion reset. lovely.

there's not even a proper term in the english language to properly say how completely braindead retarded this feature is.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    New content will be delivered in the form of paid DLC (which is automatically unlocked for subs as long as they maintain their subscription) with (IIRC) free components as well, but I don't think anyone would be surprised at a proper expansion pack down the road.
    Wait does that mean if you stop your sub you lose access to the dlc stuff? That's sort of weird.

I've liked what SWTOR ended up doing. Story driven leveling, and then end game raids, with the group matching tool to make them accessible. Would work well with ESO.
    ... you realize that's not exactly riveting or interesting after EVERY OTHER GAME DOES IT.

you level up, and then you jump into the game's version of larger dungeons (raids, operations, whatever flavor term they chose for their setting). You go from leveling to entering an instanced environment that will always be the same, unchanged, vacuum sealed in it's location to kill trash mobs and play lottery trying to get bigger loot.

ESO apparently has something like that in trials, minus the loot lottery. nifty how it's not mandatory for minor upgrades at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

there's not even a proper term in the english language to properly say how completely braindead retarded this feature is.
    I feel your pain. It took me 5 days to make my character correctly b/c I would make a mistake or it would look slightly wrong once I got in game. One time I forgot to adjust the height slider so my character was too short. Each time I had to wait an entire day to do over to the point where it became so stressful I started making more mistakes.

Ultimately I got the appearance completely perfect after so many attempts, but misspelled the last name for my character. I'm going to just learn to like the new name, because it still works it just wasn't *perfect* but the hell I am going to wait another 24 hours. I wanted to play the game.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

It should give 1 deletion per 24 hours. (that's 24 hours from your last deletion)