15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    if you pre-ordered through ZoS - you get acess automatically. I haven't preordered yet :/ and its not letting me try the necro. I have a feeling though its going to get nerfed and HARD, casue according to some of my guildies its a better, more fun warden.... and warden was better and more fun on pts.. before grumbles of "PAYTOWIN!" started :/

according to them i SHOULD have acess. but i don't. ah well.
    You shouldn't have access if you haven't preordered.

Some of the necro numbers might get nerfed, but what I felt in love were the mechanics.

edited to add, story is definitely subjective, becasue Wrothgar is still one of my least favorite experiences. it didn't pick up for me storywise until almost the end. next least fave zone is Stonefalls, though half of that has to do with a zone design. meanwhile, AD zones are a fave :P
    You are a heretic. Stonefalls is great, too. The AD green ghettos are poop. Auridon is nice, and so is Reaper's March, but those three Bosmer zones in-between: shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

Some of the necro numbers might get nerfed, but what I felt in love were the mechanics.

You are a heretic. Stonefalls is great, too. The AD green ghettos are poop. Auridon is nice, and so is Reaper's March, but those three Bosmer zones in-between: shit.
    to each their own Bosmer areas are why i originally bought the game in a first place, if i had played pact zones first in Beta, i probably woudln't have bought the game when i did. /shudder.

at least Nord starting zone has pretty snow.

and according to ZoS themselves i'm supposed to have acess, so i'm going to try the whole character switching Nym suggested above. I only hopped on my main before. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...omment_5973419

No preorder, no beta email, but I can play it all on the PTS /shrug.

While there is an NDA that expressly forbids you from disclosing participation, I can tell you that invites are NOT exclusively sent out to pre-orders (or even subscribers).

Welp lol.

That Necro footage has me reinstalling it on my PS4 (had to reinstall every damn game on PS4 this week qq) and getting ready for Elsweyr.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a sale on crowns if anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by ESO
    From now until April 22, you can acquire Crown Packs at the following discounts:

21,000 – 40% off
    14,000 – 35% off
    5,500 – 30% off
    3,000 – 25% off
    1,500 – 20% off

Honestly I'm tempted to throw down crowns and buy the DLCs I'm missing on PS4. Already paying a sub for FF14, Netflix and PS Plus so I don't really wanna do a 4th. (Not saying the value of ESO Plus isn't worth it just that 4 subs is excessive).

However just one question. Do I lose whatever dye I have on my gear if I forgo Plus?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    There's a sale on crowns if anyone cares.
    I'm just probably going to buy a one year sub next time my monthly sub is expiring. When you sub for 12 months and the money transaction is complete, you get the 12 month eso+ crowns instantly, so 19k or so.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Honestly I'm tempted to throw down crowns and buy the DLCs I'm missing on PS4. Already paying a sub for FF14, Netflix and PS Plus so I don't really wanna do a 4th. (Not saying the value of ESO Plus isn't worth it just that 4 subs is excessive).

However just one question. Do I lose whatever dye I have on my gear if I forgo Plus?
    You keep the dye on your gear, you just can't change it without ESO+

I don't know much about the console robbage but I was told that if you pay sub for a game like ESO or FF14 you don't have to pay for the online access on top of it so if you don't play other games which sounds likely since you're playing multiple MMOs just pay for those. There is a lot of DLC to buy and it is easier just to gain access through sub which also gives you 'free' crowns per month to buy that DLC a little at a time.

ESO is only game I'd actually recommend sub because the benefits are really good.

I would just pay the $40 for elsweyr instead if you haven't.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2019-04-19 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    You keep the dye on your gear, you just can't change it without ESO+
    Oh that's cool. Wardens got a forest green/brown thing going on I'd like to keep.

well i got into the beta i think but i cba playing (not a subscribing member anymore coz i thought the game was worse than BFA)

I just jumped back into the game after about a year and a half. Is there anything in particular I should be doing to prep for the new expansion? I plan on starting a necromancer as my main once it hits. I currently have a stamina nightblade. Are there any good spots to farm gold or crafting materials? Should I just grind out champion points? I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    I just jumped back into the game after about a year and a half. Is there anything in particular I should be doing to prep for the new expansion? I plan on starting a necromancer as my main once it hits. I currently have a stamina nightblade. Are there any good spots to farm gold or crafting materials? Should I just grind out champion points? I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed.
    Prep gear for the necro, grind champion points and gold. Dunno if there is something else to do if you truly only want to focus on the necro. You could of course do questing content you aren't planning on doing on the necro, unless you plan to do everything on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

gear or costumes? you only need ESO plus to dye costumes, outfits you design yourself - can be dyed without ESO plus. and yeah, you do not lose anything, you just cannot change the dye on COSTUMES. the biggest loss, TBH is crafting bag. you still have acess to stuff in it, but its no longer going to be adding to it, so space is going to become an issue unless you do NO crafting and very limited looting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do whatever is the bonus each week for this anniversary event going on. You get bonus caches that can have basically any motif, any crafting material, etc., in the game in them (obviously rarer stuff is rarer in the caches as well). Plus the style pages which people occasionally buy to fill gaps.

This week its PvP, you get the caches from PvP related daily quests, so the BG daily quests, Cyrodiil daily quests, and Imperial City daily quests. Also of VERY particular note, this includes the PvE daily quests in Cyrodiil in places like Bruma, Vlastarus, Cropsford... Each of these places has ten daily quests that are relatively fast and easy (apart from the occasional delve boss one which take a while unless you are lucky because Cyrodiil bosses take centuries to respawn); you can do them in very rapid succession (for example, Bruma, if no one is challenging it/no pvp is happening, you can do them all in like 20 minutes...

Also if you hop into one of the low population campaigns, you can probably even do the ones in the towns you don't even control (you don't need control to do the quests), you will just have to sneak past guards and risk wasting your time (you will have to run very far since you don't own it) since 12 year old gankers might be there specifically for no other reason than to kill people doing those quests...

Next week its dungeon and trial dailies, so you will want to do undaunted pledges...

And then the week after that it is ANY daily quest in the game... So crafting writs, thieves guild, dark brotherhood, undaunted pledges, daily delves, daily world bosses, etc., you name it, they will all give bonus caches... So you can just focus on what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Do whatever is the bonus each week for this anniversary event going on. You get bonus caches that can have basically any motif, any crafting material, etc., in the game in them (obviously rarer stuff is rarer in the caches as well). Plus the style pages which people occasionally buy to fill gaps.

This week its PvP, you get the caches from PvP related daily quests, so the BG daily quests, Cyrodiil daily quests, and Imperial City daily quests. Also of VERY particular note, this includes the PvE daily quests in Cyrodiil in places like Bruma, Vlastarus, Cropsford... Each of these places has ten daily quests that are relatively fast and easy (apart from the occasional delve boss one which take a while unless you are lucky because Cyrodiil bosses take centuries to respawn); you can do them in very rapid succession (for example, Bruma, if no one is challenging it/no pvp is happening, you can do them all in like 20 minutes...

Also if you hop into one of the low population campaigns, you can probably even do the ones in the towns you don't even control (you don't need control to do the quests), you will just have to sneak past guards and risk wasting your time (you will have to run very far since you don't own it) since 12 year old gankers might be there specifically for no other reason than to kill people doing those quests...

Next week its dungeon and trial dailies, so you will want to do undaunted pledges...

And then the week after that it is ANY daily quest in the game... So crafting writs, thieves guild, dark brotherhood, undaunted pledges, daily delves, daily world bosses, etc., you name it, they will all give bonus caches... So you can just focus on what you like.
    Nice, thanks for the info. Is there a specific spot or NPC where you pick up the quests?

Nice, thanks for the info. Is there a specific spot or NPC where you pick up the quests?
    For dailies they have a blue arrow on the compass or giver.

If you want to do a zone story you can start a breadcrumb via the zone guide for that specific zone. And if you get lost you can use the zone guide to set you right again.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll find the battleground quest guy in every major city, he will be standing next to some tents with big banners raised above them.

Cyrodiil PvP quests are from the bounty boards right where you enter Cyrodiil.

To get to the Imperial City you have to teleport near to the marked entrances and then run there. You have to do a quest chain to unlock the dailies there, you pick up the mission on the board right next to the door in your base, it will tell you to raise the banner in some district, you go over one room and take the shortcut to that district, there will be a quest there to do... You do this in each of the six districts and then there is one more follow up quest, after that, there will be six daily quests in the Imperial City, one in each district, acquired by taking the same shortcuts from your base.

And the Bruma, Vlastarus, and Cropsford quests are from two NPCs in each of those towns. Just have to run there and they are easy to spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone that can pull their weight in vet dungeons wanna add me throw me a pm, I'm stamnb. I'm trying to fill my friend list with people that aren't retarded. I find the most difficulty getting dps that don't suck horribly. I don't have a proper 2pc or my 2nd proper 5pc yet but I outperform most dps in LFG, coming up on 300cp and know my rotation.

Despite still being pretty newish in ESO I'm familiar with combat mechanics and learn fights pretty much instantly as I go. I swear this is the worst game for PuGs.. getting pre-nerf cataclysm heroic vibes. Either you steamroll the dungeon or spend 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    If anyone that can pull their weight in vet dungeons wanna add me throw me a pm, I'm stamnb. I'm trying to fill my friend list with people that aren't retarded. I find the most difficulty getting dps that don't suck horribly. I don't have a proper 2pc or my 2nd proper 5pc yet but I outperform most dps in LFG, coming up on 300cp and know my rotation.

Despite still being pretty newish in ESO I'm familiar with combat mechanics and learn fights pretty much instantly as I go. I swear this is the worst game for PuGs.. getting pre-nerf cataclysm heroic vibes. Either you steamroll the dungeon or spend 2 hours.
    There is indeed a massive variance in difficulty from dungeon to dungeon and mechanics do not always make sense or they do not always function the same way. The DLC ones are (much) more difficult than the base ones while even some selected few of the base ones can be a complete and utter nightmare for unprepared pugs (the final boss at Darkshade Caverns 2 for example). From what I can see there are constant requests to add the option to exclude DLC dungeons from the LFG tool, but ZOS doesn't seem to want to play ball unfortunately.