Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    My ping has always been high in ESO though, not just now when the servers are borked.
    Yeah mines higher than most games too but it's nowhere near high enough to affect gameplay though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah maybe they can drop in some oceanic servers while they're at it so I and everyone else in this region doesn't have to put up with constant 350+ latency.

As a newcomer who just bought the most basic version of the game, do I need any of the DLCs or expansions to get to the endgame like WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    As a newcomer who just bought the most basic version of the game, do I need any of the DLCs or expansions to get to the endgame like WoW?
    no you do not need them. you will not be able to do some of the later trials, but you will be able to hit max level gear up fairly decently, do most of the pvp (Cyrodill and battlegrounds are part of the basegame and that's where most pvp happens) and you will be able to do some of the earlier trials. that is assuming no subscription. if you subscribe, you get acess to DLC dungeons and couple more trials, just with subscription alone.

max level regardless of what version of the game you have is lvl 50/champion level 810 I think it was? (think of champion levels sort of like leveling your azerite necklace, except its saccountwide - per server, and doesn't go away. if you played diablo 3 - its equivalent of paragon levels)
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2019-05-06 at 05:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not played this game for a while, enjoy it now and again.

Is the expansion worth getting/looking good?

What's getting added? New class, area, story and probably some dungeons at a guess. Anything special?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Not played this game for a while, enjoy it now and again.

Is the expansion worth getting/looking good?

What's getting added? New class, area, story and probably some dungeons at a guess. Anything special?
    Necromancer Class. Northern Elsweyr zone. Sunspire Trial. I'd say it is worth it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 120 avg MS in both ESO and GW2, and BfA was insanely laggy in open world. It's really fucking annoying but not unplayable, well BfA is unplayable by default but that has nothing to do with ping. ESO is more forgiving with higher ping, GW2 spvp can't be taken seriously with it though so I quit playing that ever since they swapped to amazon servers that doubled my ping.

I wish 'tech representatives' weren't absolute fucking retards at my ISP every time I call them to try and figure it out. Why hire someone into a tech position that knows literally nothing about PC..

I only noticed this shit in the past couple years my connections used to be absolutely flawless. Servers are just getting worse and worse as time goes on, kinda ass backwards... dumb as fuck.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2019-05-10 at 08:49 PM.

ok, i'm mildly annoyed.

i just got on to see how caster nightblade plays, cause i had an idea for a character i wanted to make as one. i had one at level 25, so i went to check it out.

it's shit. hardly any damage at all with my old set up, and my root is now a heal? weak dick.

what about caster templar or caster dragonknight? those a thing? and by caster, i mean playing as a mage, just a slightly weird mage. all magicka spells, shooting magic at the enemy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I have 120 avg MS in both ESO and GW2, and BfA was insanely laggy in open world. It's really fucking annoying but not unplayable, well BfA is unplayable by default but that has nothing to do with ping. ESO is more forgiving with higher ping, GW2 spvp can't be taken seriously with it though so I quit playing that ever since they swapped to amazon servers that doubled my ping.

I wish 'tech representatives' weren't absolute fucking retards at my ISP every time I call them to try and figure it out. Why hire someone into a tech position that knows literally nothing about PC..

I only noticed this shit in the past couple years my connections used to be absolutely flawless. Servers are just getting worse and worse as time goes on, kinda ass backwards... dumb as fuck.
    i had to get my ISP out here twice in a row a week or two ago, internet started going to complete shit, regularly 100ms+ in wow, and it finally got to a point where it was just going out every two or three minutes.

turns out, it was some kind of accelerator they put in originally. our house doesn't need one really, only like three people use the internet, while they're meant for 8+ people using it.

so like, you might consider checking if they put one of those in if only a couple people in your house are using the internet. mine started out just being high ms like you're getting, then gradually deteriorated over a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    pc EU is an absolute bloody mess. and its just PC EU btw, on US, battlegrounds and dungeons are working just fine. they were saying something about upgrading EU servers, but they have GOT to do it fast. :/
    Actually on US i have trouble with BG's too.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

what about caster templar or caster dragonknight? those a thing? and by caster, i mean playing as a mage, just a slightly weird mage. all magicka spells, shooting magic at the enemy.
    I can't comment about end-game (Trials or the DLC HM Vet dungeons), but magicka templar with a bit of easy-to-get gear and knowledge can carry their weight no problem. It really feels like a paladin caster if you are after that and it can do a descent job.

However, I would like to point out that at lvl25 I am not sure if mine felt strong enough, so please do keep that in mind about all classes

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    I can't comment about end-game (Trials or the DLC HM Vet dungeons), but magicka templar with a bit of easy-to-get gear and knowledge can carry their weight no problem. It really feels like a paladin caster if you are after that and it can do a descent job.

However, I would like to point out that at lvl25 I am not sure if mine felt strong enough, so please do keep that in mind about all classes
    well, back when i was playing her originally, she was wrecking whole groups of enemies and sapping so much health that i'd have to stand in at least three aoes to take too much damage.

but that was so long ago, that i think it was pre-level scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, back when i was playing her originally, she was wrecking whole groups of enemies and sapping so much health that i'd have to stand in at least three aoes to take too much damage.

but that was so long ago, that i think it was pre-level scaling.
    Well, if it's that long ago then I can't comment as I wasn't playing back then :-)

However, magicka templar can be really durable even from quite early. You have a great heal from start, plus I believe the first AoE you get can be morphed to heal you for some of the damage it does (and it does quite a bit). I understand it's reactive rather than proactive, but it still is a great levelling option for new/returning-after-a-long-break players, especially if they want something magicka-based.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I am say magicka based and wield a greatsword, does the greatsword do as much as my stam build or are physical type weapons tied to stamina? I've only played stam on my nb and was considering trying out magicka but I don't favor ranged playstyle. I have so many sets now from vets that I don't know what to do with either destroy or use :3

Honestly, I just started off and I don't know how anyone could use anything other than a staff. The ability to get back magicka is so helpful in most any fight. Without it, it seems like I would just be standing around only able to use simple attacks as I wait for it to trickle back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    If I am say magicka based and wield a greatsword, does the greatsword do as much as my stam build or are physical type weapons tied to stamina? I've only played stam on my nb and was considering trying out magicka but I don't favor ranged playstyle. I have so many sets now from vets that I don't know what to do with either destroy or use :3
    The physical type (2H, DW, Bow and One w/ Shield) are based on Stamina, the two Staves (Destro and Resto) on Magicka. So not only their damage depends on Stamina for the first group, but also their Heavy Attacks only return stamina. The opposite is true for the staves.

I am saving as many sets at CP160 as I can, purely because a) you don't know what set will be nerfed/buffed to better fit your toons and b) personally I am faffing about with non-optimal/min-maxed characters and you never which ones of those sets would be a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Honestly, I just started off and I don't know how anyone could use anything other than a staff. The ability to get back magicka is so helpful in most any fight. Without it, it seems like I would just be standing around only able to use simple attacks as I wait for it to trickle back.
    When you play a bit longer, you will see that a lot of abilities can be morphed to stamina (for some classes more than others) and also you have 4 weapon skill-lines that are stamina-based. So yes, while everyone starts with only magicka abilities, you can very quickly be rocking mostly stamina abilities/morphs. Unless you are a DK of course, in which case you better get used to the weapon skill lines if you want stamina abilities
    Last edited by Fkiolaris; 2019-05-11 at 08:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    is this game worth getting back into? bought the imperial edition on launch, pre order everything, was hugely disappointed, but is it worth it now? Are the new updates fun?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    is this game worth getting back into? bought the imperial edition on launch, pre order everything, was hugely disappointed, but is it worth it now? Are the new updates fun?
    I don't know what to tell you mate. I wasn't there at launch, but apparently it's a vastly improved game right now. Not perfect, but much better apparently. Personally, I enjoy quite a few aspects of it and it has been my new MMO home since BFA launched.

At the end of the day, you can test it without spending a penny with what you have, give it a go. The most important things you won't have is the Warden class and Battlegrounds, but if you like what you see you can get them dead cheap now

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    I don't know what to tell you mate. I wasn't there at launch, but apparently it's a vastly improved game right now. Not perfect, but much better apparently. Personally, I enjoy quite a few aspects of it and it has been my new MMO home since BFA launched.

At the end of the day, you can test it without spending a penny with what you have, give it a go. The most important things you won't have is the Warden class and Battlegrounds, but if you like what you see you can get them dead cheap now
    you pay for classes, lol?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

same as you do in WoW...

It's part of the Morrowind expansion, but you can also get it on its own if you fancy doing so. Same with necromancer coming out with the new expansion next month. That's standard practice in MMOs imo (ie if you don't buy Legion you don't get Demon Hunters etc)