Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    For many players, buffing a blue item to purple or gold is pretty damn simple while transmute crystals to change it to a proper trait are a more limited resource. I mean outside jewerly, I at any time have enough materials to make a new set of gear for my main gold.
    this. also, master merchant is currently broken - by ZoS. something something performance, something something temporary disabled API acess - its a bloody pain. also - even when it WAS working, it was only as good as the guild you were in. the larger the guild - the better the picture. more then one trading guild - even better.

aaanyways, on dps differences. gear being gold, gear being perfected, more CP points, using the newest target dummy, the one that comes with all the raid buffs and debuffs on it, chugging potions on cooldown, practicing rotation until you can do it in your sleep and tightening up your weaving to the point of almost being robotic, having good latency and here is the very important one that they ALL do but never tell you that they do it - recording multiples of multiples of parses and only publishing the best one with the best crits and tightest rotation. all of those things contribute to why they are getting 90k and you are getting a quarter of that (incidentally 25k dps is good enough for every vet dungeon in the game and at least half the vet trials)

10+ Year Old Account
    No one is pulling 90k in a realistic setting.

They are finally fixing the queue bug soontm with new coding, ZoS say its caused by too many returning/new players. I don't notice it too much with auto accept in my UI addon. I found your queue is like 10x faster if you go in with 1 other person at least, even if it's another dps. It must be some issue with the way it pools players.

did my first few dungeons today. is it normal for bosses to go for the dps? cause it's infuriating. i hate it so much.

necromancer's really picking up now that i've gotten up around 20 though, really good vibe with it. i just wish i could dps in peace...

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    did my first few dungeons today. is it normal for bosses to go for the dps? cause it's infuriating. i hate it so much.

necromancer's really picking up now that i've gotten up around 20 though, really good vibe with it. i just wish i could dps in peace...
    its not normal unless you got a fake tank that is not taunting OR using heavy attacks with an ice staff (which ZoS made into a taunt :/). there ARE some bosses that randomly pick a group member to throw something at or what not, before turning back to the tank, but most of the time - if you have bosses go for dps instead of a tank - its dps trying to speed up the queue by queueing up for a role they cannot be bothered to perform. (I've had very obviously dps tank dungeons sucessfuly, but they actualy bothered to slot a taunt on their bar)

trash is going to go for whoever they please/first person to hit them and as there is no AoE taunt in game its usually best to let tank, IF they are an actual tank - to gather them up and chain them in for a nice AoE burn group. doesn't always work that way, but that's what you are typically aiming for.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    its not normal unless you got a fake tank that is not taunting OR using heavy attacks with an ice staff (which ZoS made into a taunt :/). there ARE some bosses that randomly pick a group member to throw something at or what not, before turning back to the tank, but most of the time - if you have bosses go for dps instead of a tank - its dps trying to speed up the queue by queueing up for a role they cannot be bothered to perform. (I've had very obviously dps tank dungeons sucessfuly, but they actualy bothered to slot a taunt on their bar)

trash is going to go for whoever they please/first person to hit them and as there is no AoE taunt in game its usually best to let tank, IF they are an actual tank - to gather them up and chain them in for a nice AoE burn group. doesn't always work that way, but that's what you are typically aiming for.
    well, this is low level stuff, so it's probably just nooby people not being great. though, i did have a world boss jump my ass while several 800+ CP people were hitting it. did that stupid clannfear jump, but kept going for me. no frost staff either, i hate those things so much, lightning staves too. fire's the only one that feels good trying to weave with spells.

also, i got this dope hat from a dungeon, shroud of the lich set piece. i looked through the outfit tab though, and it seems there may be no motif for that look? is it just something special and not normally listed?

well, this is low level stuff, so it's probably just nooby people not being great. though, i did have a world boss jump my ass while several 800+ CP people were hitting it. did that stupid clannfear jump, but kept going for me. no frost staff either, i hate those things so much, lightning staves too. fire's the only one that feels good trying to weave with spells.

also, i got this dope hat from a dungeon, shroud of the lich set piece. i looked through the outfit tab though, and it seems there may be no motif for that look? is it just something special and not normally listed?
    low level stuff - yeah, people probably haven't even unlocked most of their stuff yet. world bosses almost never have an actual tank (or healer), its just people jumping in willy nilly, so you basically kite and try to survive until it gets interested in someone else.

and yes, Lich is a unique look, there is no way to craft it or anything
    P.S. fite staff is more single target oriented, while lighting is more of a AoE. to be honest, they feel about same to me as far as weaving, but i also such at weaving. I tend to stick to lightning on sorc and flame on Dk, cause... passives and stuffs.

low level stuff - yeah, people probably haven't even unlocked most of their stuff yet. world bosses almost never have an actual tank (or healer), its just people jumping in willy nilly, so you basically kite and try to survive until it gets interested in someone else.

and yes, Lich is a unique look, there is no way to craft it or anything
    P.S. fite staff is more single target oriented, while lighting is more of a AoE. to be honest, they feel about same to me as far as weaving, but i also such at weaving. I tend to stick to lightning on sorc and flame on Dk, cause... passives and stuffs.
    that's really lame, that'd be such a nice look for necromancer. but i can live with using the set, even if it's not optimal. don't plan to really do high-level veteran content anyway, i'm not good enough for that stuff.

with the way flame staff works, you can get off those partially charged shots, which feels better paired with a spell than a light shot. i do prefer focusing on single target anyway though.

apparently there are people who find Sai boring
    I did. Killed him, because he felt like a very secondary character (his relationship with Lyris was a redeeming quality, but not nearly enough).

Speaking of NPCs, I really liked how they handled Abnur Tharn in the latest expansion. He feels way more like a real person than he did in his caricature stint in the main game.

that's really lame, that'd be such a nice look for necromancer. but i can live with using the set, even if it's not optimal. don't plan to really do high-level veteran content anyway, i'm not good enough for that stuff.

with the way flame staff works, you can get off those partially charged shots, which feels better paired with a spell than a light shot. i do prefer focusing on single target anyway though.
    hmm, i thought you could do medium attacks with pretty much every weapon? i'm not good enough at timing to be honest to get them consistently on purpose, so ah well. bear in mind that you can do that dungeon again on normal at lvl 50/cp160, get that helmet again, but this time - max level and just upgrade it if you wanted to

Quote Originally Posted by Fewane View Post
    I did. Killed him, because he felt like a very secondary character (his relationship with Lyris was a redeeming quality, but not nearly enough).

Speaking of NPCs, I really liked how they handled Abnur Tharn in the latest expansion. He feels way more like a real person than he did in his caricature stint in the main game.
    they really made Abnur mellow down a LOT. he barely insulted me and it was all very suspicious. still wanted to punch his smug face. and I just cannot agree with you about Sai Sahan, sorry.

they really made Abnur mellow down a LOT. he barely insulted me and it was all very suspicious. still wanted to punch his smug face.
    Ha, yeah, I was waiting for the entirety of the original campaign for him to do the betrayal cliché and was actually surprised when he didn't. In Elsewyr the writers IMO nicely combined his arrogant smugness with a real desire to do good for the Empire. Felt like the duality deepened the char.

and I just cannot agree with you about Sai Sahan, sorry.
    Yeah, he is an oddly polarizing one: quite many have felt him a good, functional, and deep character, and quite many (including me) have not found that side in him. But better a polarizing character than something everyone would have a consensus of, I think.

(I also thought, when doing the selecting on who should die, that Lyris and the Prophet might be more likely to get screen time after the main campaign. Was wrong about that. :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Fewane View Post
    Ha, yeah, I was waiting for the entirety of the original campaign for him to do the betrayal cliché and was actually surprised when he didn't. In Elsewyr the writers IMO nicely combined his arrogant smugness with a real desire to do good for the Empire. Felt like the duality deepened the char.

Yeah, he is an oddly polarizing one: quite many have felt him a good, functional, and deep character, and quite many (including me) have not found that side in him. But better a polarizing character than something everyone would have a consensus of, I think.

(I also thought, when doing the selecting on who should die, that Lyris and the Prophet might be more likely to get screen time after the main campaign. Was wrong about that. :P)
    I didn't expect Tharn to betray me in original campaign,to be honest, that was a character who was VERY convinced that he knew what's best and was willing to bend a little, but not outright make a heel turn, so he did exactly what i have expected - set up the situation in a way where he himself could not be used as a sacrifice.
    I was just expecting that in Elsweyr he would be making a lot more snarkly digs at my character, as well as other characters, but instead.. he actualy came across as almost... humbled? I guess he really felt THAT guilty about wrathstone fuckup....

as fpr who was more likely to get screen time out of the other 3... prophet was in originally story shown to have aged unnaturally, prematurely after his amulet of kings experience while Lyris and Sai were still their normal outward age... so I kinda figured prophet is more likely to die very soon (its my justification and i'm sticking with it. real reason was that he was the one who basically created this whole situation in a first place by reaching for what was not meant for him, he is the responsible party so he should pay, while Lyris and Sai deserve some peace and happiness for once, after all they have suffered to protect the prophet)

hmm, i thought you could do medium attacks with pretty much every weapon? i'm not good enough at timing to be honest to get them consistently on purpose, so ah well. bear in mind that you can do that dungeon again on normal at lvl 50/cp160, get that helmet again, but this time - max level and just upgrade it if you wanted to

they really made Abnur mellow down a LOT. he barely insulted me and it was all very suspicious. still wanted to punch his smug face. and I just cannot agree with you about Sai Sahan, sorry.
    idk how you'd do a medium attack with a lightning staff, since its heavy is channeled. i know you can with frost staves, but it takes longer to charge a medium for it than it does for a flame staff, and it feels gross. but yeah, that's what i'll do. just go back and get that whole set at cp160, if i can even handle doing the dungeon at that level.

as for abnur, i felt they did a good job at keeping his original character intact, but making him behave like he and the vestige are now at least acquaintances, and now either happily or begrudgingly likes the vestige. i just wish they'd get more pleasant dialogue options when speaking with him, not suspecting him of duplicity and such. i like that he's always been a diehard imperial loyalist, i just wish i could join him in being loyal to the empire.

the dlc dungeons make me regret subbing.

really wish there was a way to blacklist them. the lvl 2 old ones are enough of a nuisance.

the dlc dungeons make me regret subbing.

really wish there was a way to blacklist them. the lvl 2 old ones are enough of a nuisance.
    I was the same, but between that, the EU server's "stellar" performance and the recent class changes, I have dropped my sub for now and I will see what I will do when the fixes to the LFG tool and the EU server are implemented at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    I was the same, but between that, the EU server's "stellar" performance and the recent class changes, I have dropped my sub for now and I will see what I will do when the fixes to the LFG tool and the EU server are implemented at the very least.
    They really need to rebalance dungeons or even make three difficulties for them. As things are now, it's busted.
    i mean, i don't wanna unsub over it or anything. just makes it regret getting them in my pool of dungeons lol. that goddamned falreath dungeon is utter garbage(domihaus is a fun fight though, just the right amount of mechanics to be fun, but not annoying. reminds me of wotlk raid fights).

then you put lvl 40s in that? totally retarded.

but yeah, they really oughta consider making normal dlc dungeons easier, if they're gonna put low levels in them. that's just a burden to any max level that gets in there. i can handle mechanics, but when the group dps is so low just due to level that the boss is taking 10min, that's just flatly not fun.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind an actually difficult mode for dungeons. Even for most Vet dungeons, I can go into a boss without knowing the specific mechanics and do just fine. Mostly, I just want a new difficulty where the healer doesn't spend 90% of their time DPSing and where DPS actually die if they try to tackle some trash without the tank.

man, the limited character deletions is getting annoying. what is even the point of it?

i just wanna try some character concepts, but i'm constantly out of deletions. ate up all of them last night, cause it's basically impossible to make an imperial female that doesn't look mannish as hell.

The point is that you need to buy more character slots ofc.
    that only gives me 21 chances though, then i've got a huge roster of rejects i can't do anything with.

Why on earth are you making them?
    make one to try out something with a class, wind up not liking it, like caster templar.

make something and it winds up looking like admiral tarkin in drag(see imperial female), like it has a developmental disorder(breton female), or just ugly(female nord).

i mostly make alts to find that nice mageish character i'm looking for. sorc doesn't really fill the role, but it's the closest. necro's pretty alright, but it's weird and weak as a caster. i'd tried caster dragon knight in the past, but i'm wanting to try it again. caster nightblade is weird, not as bad as i originally thought, but still weird now.

don't think i'll be 100% happy till they finally nut up and give us that spell crafting update they put on the backburner many moons ago. summon atronachs, fire balls, dremora, it'd be sweet.

make one to try out something with a class, wind up not liking it, like caster templar.

make something and it winds up looking like admiral tarkin in drag(see imperial female), like it has a developmental disorder(breton female), or just ugly(female nord).

i mostly make alts to find that nice mageish character i'm looking for. sorc doesn't really fill the role, but it's the closest. necro's pretty alright, but it's weird and weak as a caster. i'd tried caster dragon knight in the past, but i'm wanting to try it again. caster nightblade is weird, not as bad as i originally thought, but still weird now.

don't think i'll be 100% happy till they finally nut up and give us that spell crafting update they put on the backburner many moons ago. summon atronachs, fire balls, dremora, it'd be sweet.
    Dont play this game with the wow mentality in mind.