would be nice to have some romantic interests pop up in future dlc.

i got a little annoyed last night. was gonna show interest in darien, since i'm finally leveling through covenant stuff. but after showing interest, he goes and tries to get in a countess's pants and sleeps with an enemy commander for info. so no thank you to that.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    would be nice to have some romantic interests pop up in future dlc.

i got a little annoyed last night. was gonna show interest in darien, since i'm finally leveling through covenant stuff. but after showing interest, he goes and tries to get in a countess's pants and sleeps with an enemy commander for info. so no thank you to that.
    Darien is just a flirt and a bit of a slut that gets into everything and everyone's pants. Naryu (from Pact story) comes across that way, but she rarely follows through.

in general, there are NO love interests in this game, just people you can occasionally flirt with.

minor spoiler - very minor since some of these characters are used in trailers to sell expansions. most significant or at least somewhat momorable npc's are reccuring characters not only across different alliance stories but also in pretty much all the story DLC's and occasionally popping up in Dungeon DLC's .

Find another player to RP with and marry? There's an in-game marriage system. Why would you limit yourself to NPC interactions in a MMO?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    Darien is just a flirt and a bit of a slut that gets into everything and everyone's pants. Naryu (from Pact story) comes across that way, but she rarely follows through.

in general, there are NO love interests in this game, just people you can occasionally flirt with.

minor spoiler - very minor since some of these characters are used in trailers to sell expansions. most significant or at least somewhat momorable npc's are reccuring characters not only across different alliance stories but also in pretty much all the story DLC's and occasionally popping up in Dungeon DLC's .
    seems like the main characters that keep appearing are all from covenant, except for that dark elf and his sister. i always thought that the 'canon' vestige is probably a breton from DC, either a sorcerer or a templar, and probably anti-alliance war due to realizing the greater daedric threats. the fact that darien, gabrielle, neramo, and others show up constantly, it's probably true.

and yeah, naryu, i kinda expect that behavior from her since sex and seduction are pretty powerful tools in her trade, and she's a servant of mephala who teaches to use them that way. she didn't actually sleep with anyone that i remember though, just lured them and poisoned them the one time i remember her doing something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    Find another player to RP with and marry? There's an in-game marriage system. Why would you limit yourself to NPC interactions in a MMO?
    because that's not canon.

i like things that actually happen in the world. if there's an npc for me to romance, then it's canonical.

seems like the main characters that keep appearing are all from covenant, except for that dark elf and his sister. i always thought that the 'canon' vestige is probably a breton from DC, either a sorcerer or a templar, and probably anti-alliance war due to realizing the greater daedric threats. the fact that darien, gabrielle, neramo, and others show up constantly, it's probably true.

and yeah, naryu, i kinda expect that behavior from her since sex and seduction are pretty powerful tools in her trade, and she's a servant of mephala who teaches to use them that way. she didn't actually sleep with anyone that i remember though, just lured them and poisoned them the one time i remember her doing something.

- - - Updated - - -

because that's not canon.

i like things that actually happen in the world. if there's an npc for me to romance, then it's canonical.
    um. Raz is a major character that keeps showing back up a LOT, of the top of my head as far as AD goes. Naryu is technically pact, as you originally meet her in pact story and she plays somewhat significant part in it (and yes she flirts and flatters but doesn't really follow through). Rigurt is life... Rigurt is love. there is a Dunmeri vampire hunter that shows up in a few places. I'll have to look up more, but the irony here is one of the story complaints that D players tend to have is how badly or underrepresented they are in follow up content after main stories, so.. yeah :/

um. Raz is a major character that keeps showing back up a LOT, of the top of my head as far as AD goes. Naryu is technically pact, as you originally meet her in pact story and she plays somewhat significant part in it (and yes she flirts and flatters but doesn't really follow through). Rigurt is life... Rigurt is love. there is a Dunmeri vampire hunter that shows up in a few places. I'll have to look up more, but the irony here is one of the story complaints that D players tend to have is how badly or underrepresented they are in follow up content after main stories, so.. yeah :/
    hmmm. idk, i've seen a lot of daggerfall characters everywhere. darien being the golden boy. raz only showed up in summerset.

darien's from glenumbra to coldharbour, then summerset, probably gonna be re-materialize for the next expansion, too. though he did seem to think this last death was final.

neramo showed up in clockwork. but you see him and the crew through the DC leveling experience much more often than you see pretty much anyone through the EP leveling. raz and the bosmer agent are really the only two you see most in AD. you see the two lunar champions like once in greenshade i think, but it's not like you have any real interaction or relationship building with them until reaper's march.

the sister and brother dunmer show up the most i think, both clockwork and goldcoast, coldharbour(does them showing up in goldcoast and clockwork mean they survived the light explosion? or are these dlc canonically before the end of the main story?)

i'd say AD offers the least amount of recurring characters.

Quote Originally Posted by PelinalWhitestrake View Post
    well its out

[video=youtube;twH9YoTnwWo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twH9YoTnwWo[video]
    i honestly can't tell who is more badass between pelinal and doomguy.

and also, clockwork city makes me 100% believe he was indeed a robot from the future.

Sooo.

After i saw a new deal on website about Elwseyr with summerset i want to ask in this thread how the game is going? Is combat still about animation canceling? I'm confident that the story and expansion is awesome. I know there is a lot of content and a lot of different activities. My main grip with gameplay is/was animation canceling, mostly in the endgame builds.

Is this still a thing? Or maybe this is kinda tryhard stance, like 500 ilvl for entry lvl lfg raid in wow? :P Or if not is there a class, build to play which dont suffer too much from it?

Also want to touch about crafting bag - i dont plan to pay sub fee ever (more likely i will buy some crowns and buy dlc - like to have permament stuff) so how is gameplay without one? Miserable? It kinda was before, like dont pick up anything other than essentials, which was not really fun to me, big fan of auto loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Sooo.

After i saw a new deal on website about Elwseyr with summerset i want to ask in this thread how the game is going? Is combat still about animation canceling? I'm confident that the story and expansion is awesome. I know there is a lot of content and a lot of different activities. My main grip with gameplay is/was animation canceling, mostly in the endgame builds.

Is this still a thing? Or maybe this is kinda tryhard stance, like 500 ilvl for entry lvl lfg raid in wow? :P Or if not is there a class, build to play which dont suffer too much from it?

Also want to touch about crafting bag - i dont plan to pay sub fee ever (more likely i will buy some crowns and buy dlc - like to have permament stuff) so how is gameplay without one? Miserable? It kinda was before, like dont pick up anything other than essentials, which was not really fun to me, big fan of auto loot.
    animation canceling is more relevant than ever. generally, the vet hardmode trials (aka harder raids) require a minimum of 40k dps with preferably at least 300cp (and absolute bare minimum is 160cp though there are not a lot of groups that will take that, cause even with required dps, a lot of group actively respec cp for specific fights and without CP to allocate, it may put unnecessary strain on your survivability)

some people claim that you CAN hit that without animation canceling, but I've yet to actualy see anyone do so consistently and reliably without some sort of gimmick that doesn't work in an actual trial situation.

playing without craft bag is as annoying as ever. you CAN. but you are going to be spending at least half your time micromanaging inventory.

other then that the game is busier than ever... which perversely makes it function worse as servers are straining to keep up. performance issues have been escalating lately.

Elsweyr story is great dragon hunts can be pretty fun.

animation canceling is more relevant than ever. generally, the vet hardmode trials (aka harder raids) require a minimum of 40k dps with preferably at least 300cp (and absolute bare minimum is 160cp though there are not a lot of groups that will take that, cause even with required dps, a lot of group actively respec cp for specific fights and without CP to allocate, it may put unnecessary strain on your survivability)

some people claim that you CAN hit that without animation canceling, but I've yet to actualy see anyone do so consistently and reliably without some sort of gimmick that doesn't work in an actual trial situation.

playing without craft bag is as annoying as ever. you CAN. but you are going to be spending at least half your time micromanaging inventory.

other then that the game is busier than ever... which perversely makes it function worse as servers are straining to keep up. performance issues have been escalating lately.

Elsweyr story is great dragon hunts can be pretty fun.
    Thanks for reply.

Will skip then.

well its out
    oh shit, i just learned of something

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:36_Les...vec,_Sermon_37

this mean's C0DA's canon now.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you weren't doing it you would be spamming the same button 9000 times with no variation. It's no different than a filler in any other MMO.

My issue is the constant upkeep buffs but they are like 2nd nature to me now, still it's annoying recasting buffs 24/7.

oh shit, i just learned of something

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:36_Les...vec,_Sermon_37

this mean's C0DA's canon now.
    Its a Paralel timeline of sorts, the LDB averted it.

Its a Paralel timeline of sorts, the LDB averted it.
    how did the ldb do that?

stopping alduin? it's only a temporary defeat, akatosh took him.

how did the ldb do that?

stopping alduin? it's only a temporary defeat, akatosh took him.
    There are many speculations about it, the landfall happened because the Numidium Popped up in the 5th era, and the Loveletter was sent to the past as a way to avert it.

r/teslore, mas carry the answers for it.

Are there any planets and continents in ESO lore?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Are there any planets and continents in ESO lore?
    Well, ESO shares the universe w/ the rest of TES series.

There's a plane(t) for each of Eight Divines or Aedras, Akatosh, Arkay, etc, and then there's Nirn, our plane(t). Technically, planets in TES universe aren't the same as in ours, they aren't exactly astronomical bodies floating in space, they're smaller planes within an infinite plane surrounded by the Void, but because mortals can't really wrap their heads around said concept they're portrayed as planets. Theoretically, all plane(t)s are infinite in size, Nirn might or might not be unique in this regard, it's not exactly known if it's finite. And the same could be said about Daedric realms or Oblivion planes as well, they've never been observed from the outside, but in lore Meridia's plane is described as a "sphere".

As for known continents, besides our Tamriel there's Akavir, Aldmeris, Atmora, Lyg, Pyandonea, Thras, and Yokuda.
    Last edited by ls-; 2019-08-03 at 10:35 AM.

Some pretty cool housing items on the luxury vendor this weekend. Wish I had the cash to afford them.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Well, ESO shares the universe w/ the rest of TES series.

There's a plane(t) for each of Eight Divines or Aedras, Akatosh, Arkay, etc, and then there's Nirn, our plane(t). Technically, planets in TES universe aren't the same as in ours, they aren't exactly astronomical bodies floating in space, they're smaller planes within an infinite plane surrounded by the Void, but because mortals can't really wrap their heads around said concept they're portrayed as planets. Theoretically, all plane(t)s are infinite in size, Nirn might or might not be unique in this regard, it's not exactly known if it's finite. And the same could be said about Daedric realms or Oblivion planes as well, they've never been observed from the outside, but in lore Meridia's plane is described as a "sphere".

As for known continents, besides our Tamriel there's Akavir, Aldmeris, Atmora, Lyg, Pyandonea, Thras, and Yokuda.
    Thanks for the answer!