10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    any special events or gifts for christmas/new year? currently not installed the game to check for myself
    'New Life' event until January 2. You get double XP and collectibles/cosmetics from doing stuff during the event.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess the first dungeon I did was bugged you can leave dungeon and it takes you back
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2019-12-28 at 03:13 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Valve just released their 2019 rankings thing and ESO is one of the top 10 most sold games on Steam this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Valve just released their 2019 rankings thing and ESO is one of the top 10 most sold games on Steam this year.
    Considering its in the 25k concurrent players category too I'd say they are killing it on crown crates. Pacrooti must have 500 mansions by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Steam is probably 1/10th of the population, if that. It doesn't even have contenders on there maybe some korean grinders lol

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    I guess you never heard of dragonball or one piece then
    Let's not forget every sports franchise ever. Literally dozens of the same game over and over, year after year... Oh, first person shooters too. Frankly, the Skyrim games are small beans.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Steam is probably 1/10th of the population, if that. It doesn't even have contenders on there maybe some korean grinders lol
    I highly doubt its 1/10th the population when EU xbox Server is pretty much dead and US isn't busting at the seams either. And even if it was a tiny fraction of the players they are only looking at the money it made on steam. Warframe, Destiny 2, Sekiro, Total War: Three Kingdoms,and Dota2 are all in the over 100k concurrent players as well as the top grossing. ESO on the other hand is in the top grossing as well but is in the 25k concurrent players category.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next chapter reveal tomorrow

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/57509

Since the undaunted event update to group finder I've had 0 issues, gives me faith in update 25 optimization. I'm looking forward to that patch more than skyrim..

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhanor View Post
    I was tanking during the event and the queue sometimes was practically inexistent! (I know Tanks are ways faster than DPS on this regard, but still). Zero issues.
    I think everyone had shorter queue during the event, was pretty insane how many were running dungeons. It does seem faster now but I don't think it was supposed to improve queue time, maybe inadvertently due to so many bugs like the FOREVER queue that never popped.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2020-01-15 at 04:31 PM.

Since the undaunted event update to group finder I've had 0 issues, gives me faith in update 25 optimization. I'm looking forward to that patch more than skyrim..
    I was tanking during the event and the queue sometimes was practically inexistent! (I know Tanks are ways faster than DPS on this regard, but still). Zero issues.

I think everyone had shorter queue during the event, was pretty insane how many were running dungeons. It does seem faster now but I don't think it was supposed to improve queue time, maybe inadvertently due to so many bugs like the FOREVER queue that never popped.
    Yeah, I think so. Patch 5.12.1 was released today with some fixes, but I do hope that they fix the server/game performance before the Skyrim chapter release date. It'll probably bring so many people to the game (and then some npc might get surprised that the player had finally awake).
    Last edited by Arkhanor; 2020-01-16 at 06:40 PM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some of you may have had a working group finder; but not everyone during the event did.

And EU servers are still practically non-functional for play. :/

Content production wise its still one of the best MMOs on the market - actually giving full expansions yearly with fully developed quest zones each time.

But the server/bug issues aren't improving and my sympathy goes out to the EU half of the playerbase who haven't had a reliably functioning game in months if not possibly a year at this point... its just bad.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    MY PUPPY IS BACK!

Actually gonna get this one

Watched the Dark Heart of Skyrim announcement stream and installed the game. If anyone wants to give me tips or help a newcomer out in-game, let me know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Watched the Dark Heart of Skyrim announcement stream and installed the game. If anyone wants to give me tips or help a newcomer out in-game, let me know.
    Sure what's your game name

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome stream, aftershow was the best part. So we learned that this mornings patch was the fixes to some memory leaks, update 25 will require you to redownload the game but will be around 30 gigs smaller and reduce load times with FPS increase as well. You get a pet for doing this.

Vampire revamp sounds bloody awesome xD we get to be vampire lords with the new ultimate. Going to start setting up a magicka set for my nb today and get bit so I can max vampirism since I've only ever been a werewolf. 40% of the new map will be underground. This is like what azjol nerub in wotlk was supposed to be, so fucking cool.

New Mythic items are like legiondaries which you can only wear 1 of and have various bonuses, 2 examples they gave were double speed outside of combat with some increase in combat and another which I forget what it did. Can't wait to see what other bonuses but they gotta be real good to give up like a 5pc bonus. Some are utility, some are combat, just like the legends in legion.

Vampirism will work backwards from what it is now, instead of not feeding making you stronger now you will get stronger and change as you feed. Lyris titanborn is back as a main character, so is that dark elf everyone hates, some other characters too.

2 new scrying skill line (if that was the name) like archeology in WoW but more in depth with mini games to solve the artifacts , this is a non-combat lore junky thing that will give lore on the very old past of tamriel with an exclusive mecha wolf looking mount. This is also where mythic items come from, they said there will also be emote rewards and other stuff here.
    It will have a journal type thing to update your entries as you learn more about the artifacts and have conversations with NPCs trying to figure out what it is/where it is. Active in all of the game zones past and future so this is a new feature now. Explained as an 'indiana jones-esque'

And since they threw it in our face 9000 times, you can prepurchase now for instant access to the horse mount it has and there is a physical collectors edition with a vampire lord statue and a phylactery thing with all the usual stuff.

The bat pet for the viewer goal is obtained by killing a single monster in game but idk if its active yet, and the devs are going to do that snow challenge regardless of us not hitting the other goal. 1 of the new dungeons uses the grappling hook even during the boss fights, and sounds like its gonna be a real challenge. I think that's all I'm gonna remember. The year long releases will be like elsweyr was.

In other words, HYPE MUHFUCKAS!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Is this the one that fixes patching time as well? Or is that coming later.

Either way, lower storage footprint and faster loads, with some bonus frames to boot ain't bad.
    Yes that is in the same update if you mean the smaller patch sizes. There is also an aoe algorithm change that will allow the game to better optimize those effects which will probably help cyrodiil a lot but I can't remember if that's update 25 or if that was when they were talking about a later quarter.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2020-01-17 at 12:36 AM.

Awesome stream, aftershow was the best part. So we learned that this mornings patch was the fixes to some memory leaks, update 25 will require you to redownload the game but will be around 30 gigs smaller and reduce load times with FPS increase as well. You get a pet for doing this.

Either way, lower storage footprint and faster loads, with some bonus frames to boot ain't bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not exactly thrilled about more Skyrim (I knew it was inevitable, of course). And care even less about vampires. Meh, it'll just be one of those slow years I guess. Artifacts could be interesting.

I'm not sure it's part of this same patch, but from the stream their overall system streamlining and improvement is in the plan for this year, with the new smaller game client coming relatively soon in the year. The one "bad" thing about it is that the update will require everyone to re-download the entire game as it will be ~30 GB smaller, but from that point forward it will also be quicker to patch and the patches will be smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'm not sure it's part of this same patch, but from the stream their overall system streamlining and improvement is in the plan for this year, with the new smaller game client coming relatively soon in the year. The one "bad" thing about it is that the update will require everyone to re-download the entire game as it will be ~30 GB smaller, but from that point forward it will also be quicker to patch and the patches will be smaller.
    Apparently the re-download is all in the service of these overall updates, which I'm totally fine with. Fresh download is frustrating, but it's a small price to pay for improved performance and, eventually, patching.

Apparently the re-download is all in the service of these overall updates, which I'm totally fine with. Fresh download is frustrating, but it's a small price to pay for improved performance and, eventually, patching.
    100% agreed, was just saying it's the only downside, but it's well worth it.