Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I didn't watch the twitch stream at all-but I did login and play - got bat pet and email notification.

Re: "Vampire Rework".. They are not giving you Vampire Lords. They've said that multiple times so far - I encourage you to head over to the official forums to see the bigger discussion about what they may or may not be doing on the 'vampire rework'. But from what I understand, skim-reading through all that (mostly speculation because what's on the PTR to be tested is very little so far...) = Vampire LORDS are a different entity than the Vampire the player plays (both now and the redone one...).

Me - I've learned enough about MMO Dev Doubletalk over the years to know better than to listen to anything they have to say. Know better than any of the theorycrafting by fans on what they 'hope' they will be... gotta wait until launch to really find out what a "re design" really means. And most of the time, its a little bit of what players were hoping for with a whole bunch of disappointment on what it ain't.

ZoS/Bethseba...certainly haven't given players much reason to trust much of anything that they 'say'. So..we shall see.

As someone who doesn't care about vampires, doesn't care about playing one - played the current one for the achievement and then dropped it fast because of the 'no other skins or tats you pay real money for works on this buggy piece of crap skin-layer' and never missed it -- I also don't care that they are re-working it.

But I do know it won't be what all the fans are hoping it will be. Me - I just hope they fix the skin so that people don't have to choose between "vampire skin" and "every other look in game."
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Re: "Vampire Rework".. They are not giving you Vampire Lords. They've said that multiple times so far - I encourage you to head over to the official forums to see the bigger discussion about what they may or may not be doing on the 'vampire rework'. But from what I understand, skim-reading through all that (mostly speculation because what's on the PTR to be tested is very little so far...) = Vampire LORDS are a different entity than the Vampire the player plays (both now and the redone one...).
    well, that's good to hear. i know they're a different type of vampire, that's why i wasn't wanting it to happen unless they give us sanguinare vampiris.

would have been cool if they did include sanguinare though. it's lame we got only one type of vampirism when we have all of tamriel to travel through. i get it, not exactly every day you add a new skill line, but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    really? i thought the bat was for watching the stream. that's how the email made it sound. cute pet though, but wish they'd give us a nice horse for it some time. i hope if they add any new normal horses, they have the model and animations of the dro-m'athra horse, because its shape and animations are much better than the vanilla horses.

idk, i saw a pic of a tweet where they said it's still something they want to do. so there's at least one random internet picking around at it somewhere in the office in his spare time, i'd say.

the reason they probably hold off doing it, and the general problem with an elder scrolls mmo, is what does it add for melee players? every elder scrolls game up until ESO has been that if you're a warrior, you're just a person swinging a weapon and that's it. ESO goes the furthest away from that paradigm with actual melee abilities tied to the weapons. everything cool in elder scrolls is for mages or daedric priests, not warriors and archers.

i wouldn't have a problem if they never added anything for melee players again, and i think the melee skill lines in the game are too much already. elder scrolls isn't a super hero setting where people can do weird super hero moves with their weapons. but sadly, the playerbase would screech if there were only spells.
    Imagine hating melee so much you want it removed from the game.. I guess you must be new to the elder scrolls because melee is pretty fucking popular, way more than any range build.

Anyone in elder scrolls can use magic/alchemy/artifacts and pull some superhero shit easily. Read a book or do a quest sometime lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Imagine hating melee so much you want it removed from the game.. I guess you must be new to the elder scrolls because melee is pretty fucking popular, way more than any range build.

Anyone in elder scrolls can use magic/alchemy/artifacts and pull some superhero shit easily. Read a book or do a quest sometime lol.
    i don't hate it, half my playthroughs of skyrim are some type of melee.

but that's just all there is supposed to be to it, swinging the sword back and forth. some people are better at it than others. the only sword related super power is the sword singing, and that's tonal MAGIC that messes with the fabric of reality. it's not using a normal sword, it's spawning one with the redguard version of tonal architecture.

they might not even be able to do sword singing in ES:6, they sure as hell can't do it in ESO. it's too powerful. mages are the ones that get all the variety of abilities in EVERY other elder scrolls game unless you use the special abilities like shouting, daedric artifacts and the like. even then, the artifacts are magic anyway, imbued with a portion of the prince's divine power. that's not the same thing as having a warrior charge.

Any info when the update drop with reduced instaler size?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Any info when the update drop with reduced instaler size?
    should be dropping with harrowstorm, I believe.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/57675

all the way on the bottom, it says that its arriving in conjunction with update 25 which is supposed to be a full reinstall update. they even removed a week of login rewards so that people don't miss out on anything in case update takes a while to download.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    should be dropping with harrowstorm, I believe.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/57675

all the way on the bottom, it says that its arriving in conjunction with update 25 which is supposed to be a full reinstall update. they even removed a week of login rewards so that people don't miss out on anything in case update takes a while to download.
    Thank you kindly

So I put about 300 hours in to this game, got to max level and started getting CP. I'm not sure how I feel about it at this point. I went from "Ugh, level scaling" to "Level scaling is pretty ok" but I think I've come full-circle. I don't know about end-game content really but for the majority of the leveling experience the level scaling causes difficulty to be constantly slightly above easy. The problem is this makes mobs just hard enough to not steamroll but not hard enough to be an actual challenge you feel good about overcoming. So unfortunately for me it gives a consistent difficulty level of "Tedious" across all level zones. That's not good to me.

The story has been fun. I love that if you find a side-quest on the road it's rarely ever "Collect 15 bear butts" and often will have you experience some interesting story, raid a dungeon and travel across 3 planes of existence. I'm just really missing the sense of character progression. There's basically only one point where you feel like you've accomplished stuff to unlock new content you couldn't otherwise do, and that's max level.

Now that I'm there, I might poke around and see how I feel. I just feel like the level scaling didn't do the game a favor, despite other great features of the game.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    So I put about 300 hours in to this game, got to max level and started getting CP. I'm not sure how I feel about it at this point. I went from "Ugh, level scaling" to "Level scaling is pretty ok" but I think I've come full-circle. I don't know about end-game content really but for the majority of the leveling experience the level scaling causes difficulty to be constantly slightly above easy. The problem is this makes mobs just hard enough to not steamroll but not hard enough to be an actual challenge you feel good about overcoming. So unfortunately for me it gives a consistent difficulty level of "Tedious" across all level zones. That's not good to me.

The story has been fun. I love that if you find a side-quest on the road it's rarely ever "Collect 15 bear butts" and often will have you experience some interesting story, raid a dungeon and travel across 3 planes of existence. I'm just really missing the sense of character progression. There's basically only one point where you feel like you've accomplished stuff to unlock new content you couldn't otherwise do, and that's max level.

Now that I'm there, I might poke around and see how I feel. I just feel like the level scaling didn't do the game a favor, despite other great features of the game.
    It's a common concern. The end game of ESO is basically whatever you make it out to be. It can be housing/furnishing, achievement hunting, story completion, Veteran content, Veteran Hard Mode content, PvP, buying and selling on the market. It can be many things. but the only real challenges come from the Veteran content.

If you want to get a sense of how difficult the game can be, go into Veteran Maelstrom Arena, and try to make it all the way to the end. If you rather do a group activity, try Veteran Dragon Star Arena. Or simply try any of the Veteran DLC Dungeons, and Veteran Trials.

There are challenges left for you, but they are all instance based, or pvp based.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I've only recently started playing again after a couple years, I've seen a few people repeatedly and instantly opening advanced and master safe boxes in the main crafting hub on bal foyen...is that some kind of skillpoint investment? I don't own any dlc's yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Supernova View Post
    I've only recently started playing again after a couple years, I've seen a few people repeatedly and instantly opening advanced and master safe boxes in the main crafting hub on bal foyen...is that some kind of skillpoint investment? I don't own any dlc's yet.
    Legerdemain skill line locksmith perk improves your chances of forcing locks by up to 70%

I believe this comes with the base game when they added justice system so shouldn't require any DLC

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Legerdemain skill line locksmith perk improves your chances of forcing locks by up to 70%

I believe this comes with the base game when they added justice system so shouldn't require any DLC
    that is correct. mostly. your chance to force locks also depends on the lock itself. I cannot log in right now to verify, but I believe with maxed out perk - simple lock is 85% and 70% is for master.

on a different note - https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/57695

murkmire event - starts on 20th.

Man, so I figured I'd go look up what people consider a good build for magika templar. I looked at like 6 sites and every single one has completely different setups. Maybe I just need to forget it and go with the abilities I like? Seems like everything thinks different stuff is good.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

thats one thing I like about eso you can play whatever and how you want and still do a good amount of dmg

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    thats one thing I like about eso you can play whatever and how you want and still do a good amount of dmg
    That's not even remotely true.

You can play whatever and how you want, but it doesn't lead to the latter.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

That's what kinda irks me, all classes whether if Magicka or Stam based build usually end up using Barbed trap, soul splitting trap, volley, wall of elements, dawnbreaker, inner light for examples. Rather class skills had more of an impact for an identity than weapon / guild trees do.

I enjoy my stam sorc but hate the fact it really only has two stam morphs used in a rotation being hurricane and bound armaments. Which is something i hope they improve upon in future patches. Liquid lightning might as well just become a stam morph imo and be reworked, something like "Infuse your weapons with lightning for 40 seconds, each weapon strike has 15% chance to call down a bolt of lightning hitting the main target for 100% damage and 50%splash damage to targets within 8m of initial target. With hurricane active, Damage is increased by a further 30% for the initial lightning strike, The lightning strike also leaves behind a lightning pool, standing in this extends your hurricane by 0.5 seconds, upto to a maximum of 3 seconds." Something like that builds class identity in my opinion.

That's what kinda irks me, all classes whether if Magicka or Stam based build usually end up using Barbed trap, soul splitting trap, volley, wall of elements, dawnbreaker, inner light for examples. Rather class skills had more of an impact for an identity than weapon / guild trees do.

I enjoy my stam sorc but hate the fact it really only has two stam morphs used in a rotation being hurricane and bound armaments. Which is something i hope they improve upon in future patches. Liquid lightning might as well just become a stam morph imo and be reworked, something like "Infuse your weapons with lightning for 40 seconds, each weapon strike has 15% chance to call down a bolt of lightning hitting the main target for 100% damage and 50%splash damage to targets within 8m of initial target. With hurricane active, Damage is increased by a further 30% for the initial lightning strike, The lightning strike also leaves behind a lightning pool, standing in this extends your hurricane by 0.5 seconds, upto to a maximum of 3 seconds." Something like that builds class identity in my opinion.
    Welcome to "you have everything, class dont matter" building character. You either have to buff class abilities, but then most of others dont matter so people would less do them (they dont want that btw) or just have skill lines available for everybody to be the magnus opus of skill builds no matter the class.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Welcome to "you have everything, class dont matter" building character. You either have to buff class abilities, but then most of others dont matter so people would less do them (they dont want that btw) or just have skill lines available for everybody to be the magnus opus of skill builds no matter the class.
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/57025

This was posted back in September. ZOS is aware that there is too much reliance on Non-Class skills for a decent amount of builds, especially Stam builds. Hopefully we will see some big changes in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been following a thread on the official forums regarding Armor Traits (not Weapon Traits). I'm curious what you would all say about this.

Which Armor Trait do you Never use?
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...u-never-use/p4

The overwhelming majority say Invigorating. If you also feel that this trait is the least desirable, how do you feel it can be improved?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about different builds specifically for different things - as I only solo overland/dungeons and I stay away from PVP/Vet content.

I do know that if you're solo/small group - overland questing or public dungeons/dungeon runs (outside of vet) then you really can play "almost anyway you want" using whatever skills and be just fine.

Its more when you get into Veteran Dungeon/Trials or regular PVP that there is much less leeway in terms of 'what skills' are the best.

But its also good to be aware that there have been some huge sweeping changes to abilities in the last 6-8 months and MORE are definitely on the way. The dev team is actively working at changing the combat system in the game, how CP work etc. but its being done in installments over time - and right now all that the player base seems to agree on is "this doesn't' make any sense - wish we knew where they were trying to get to" and other various posts of unhappiness. YMMV.

So depending on where you are now in the leveling process vs. end game and what you want to do - unfortunately - may mean that you could get your 'favorite build' for that activity today and have it be upended in two months - or having your favorite gear set need to be replaced entirely - because /changes.

I don't understand it all myself so I can't really talk at length about it. But there are certainly tons of posts and discussions about all the changes on the main forums so I encourage people to read up there if they start investing serious game time into end game builds/gearsets etc. Just to know what's been going on this past year and will continue through 2020 (as the dev team has stated).

And in case anyone here isn't aware - full game download and reinstall starts this Monday. Yes. Right in the middle of the Murkmire event. And no, you won't get extra days on the event to make up for however long it takes you to redownload and reinstall the the entire game. And no you can't pre-download it, it won't be available. :/

The official reasoning behind this is supposedly fixing a lot of game issues/bugs etc. that have been present for a long time. CLeaning up code, etc. Whether or not that happens once its all live - well only time will tell.

But it is like a 60-70 gig download and full reinstall of the game. So just wanted to give people a heads up in case they hadn't played recently or weren't reading forums. And obviously, turn off all those addons until the creators have time to update them. Because even though there's a PTS the dev team have said you can't just "patch the PTS stuff" and be done - so there are I"m sure going to be addon issues that won't even be discovered until the full reinstall is complete and people can see what that final version of code looks like.

Let's just hope the whole thing doesn't crash on Monday...
    Last edited by Koriani; 2020-02-18 at 09:22 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/57025

This was posted back in September. ZOS is aware that there is too much reliance on Non-Class skills for a decent amount of builds, especially Stam builds. Hopefully we will see some big changes in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been following a thread on the official forums regarding Armor Traits (not Weapon Traits). I'm curious what you would all say about this.

Which Armor Trait do you Never use?
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...u-never-use/p4

The overwhelming majority say Invigorating. If you also feel that this trait is the least desirable, how do you feel it can be improved?
    turn it back to the trait that it originally was (forgot the name, but it basically made your armor break down slower, saving on repair bills and as a consequence - upping your gold returns from grind farming). sure people only used it to farm with, but at least they used it. invigorating is just a wasted trait in every possible way.

edited - for the full reinstall, do NOT worry about uninstalling the game first - launcher will do it automatically. and yeah... here's to hoping the game doesn't crash and burn :/