10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    turn it back to the trait that it originally was (forgot the name, but it basically made your armor break down slower, saving on repair bills and as a consequence - upping your gold returns from grind farming). sure people only used it to farm with, but at least they used it. invigorating is just a wasted trait in every possible way.

edited - for the full reinstall, do NOT worry about uninstalling the game first - launcher will do it automatically. and yeah... here's to hoping the game doesn't crash and burn :/
    That was called Prosperous! Which I would totally welcome that back.

Or alternatively, Change it to 'Bountiful' which could increase the amount of materials you receive from farming nodes out in the world.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Welcome to "you have everything, class dont matter" building character. You either have to buff class abilities, but then most of others dont matter so people would less do them (they dont want that btw) or just have skill lines available for everybody to be the magnus opus of skill builds no matter the class.
    Ahh the classical difficulty of balancing an MMO, heh. I will say in WoW the classes all having their own abilities is a bit refreshing. You feel like you know what you should use and what rotations to do. Its kind of handed to you.

Guild Wars 1 had the problem with everyone getting a million abilities and it ran in to the same issues where only a few were used that were overpowered and most the rest ignored. It's hard to not run in to that unless all abilities are literally equal, and then you end up with "well why have them anyways?". I'm not sure the answer to that.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Ahh the classical difficulty of balancing an MMO, heh. I will say in WoW the classes all having their own abilities is a bit refreshing. You feel like you know what you should use and what rotations to do. Its kind of handed to you.

Guild Wars 1 had the problem with everyone getting a million abilities and it ran in to the same issues where only a few were used that were overpowered and most the rest ignored. It's hard to not run in to that unless all abilities are literally equal, and then you end up with "well why have them anyways?". I'm not sure the answer to that.
    You can have max 2 slots taken by weapon skill, 2 slots for class abilities and one is flexible - either class ability or other (no weapon skill tho). At least one ultimate must be from class. You cant slot the same abilities on second bar - unless you have that same weapon then 2 weapon abilities can be the same if you so desire.

This would not fix balance but at least give more prominence for class abilities and difference it a little.

I prefer class with fixed abilities over this free for all, like strong class identity.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can have max 2 slots taken by weapon skill, 2 slots for class abilities and one is flexible - either class ability or other (no weapon skill tho). At least one ultimate must be from class. You cant slot the same abilities on second bar - unless you have that same weapon then 2 weapon abilities can be the same if you so desire.

This would not fix balance but at least give more prominence for class abilities and difference it a little.

I prefer class with fixed abilities over this free for all, like strong class identity.
    Class identity is nice but it shouldn't IMO necessarily restrict you to doing some other things or having a secondary path to follow.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

That would undermine a lot of the "core" of the ES series though, no? Part of it is that you "make" your own class more or less, and there aren't an predefined classes. I remember a lot of skepticism at classes in ESO when it was first announced, though as folks found out that the class was more deterministic for "how" you'd do a role vs. "if" you can do a role they chilled out.

That's part of the point for why classes can basically do anything: Because your class shouldn't determine your character, the skills you choose should. Your class is there for some added seasoning/flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    That was called Prosperous! Which I would totally welcome that back.

Or alternatively, Change it to 'Bountiful' which could increase the amount of materials you receive from farming nodes out in the world.
    heck yeah!. though.. that may kinda kill the mat market a little O_O the second one. on the other hand, if that makes furnishing mats slightly less prohibitive... BRING IT ON

the best system they could have done was just be skyrim in an mmo, in terms of gameplay. start out with no class, and build towards something looking like a class.

none of this melee ability bullshit we got in game, just hit harder as you spec into it. mages would probably shit on everyone else, but oh well, that's the nature of a world with magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That would undermine a lot of the "core" of the ES series though, no? Part of it is that you "make" your own class more or less, and there aren't an predefined classes. I remember a lot of skepticism at classes in ESO when it was first announced, though as folks found out that the class was more deterministic for "how" you'd do a role vs. "if" you can do a role they chilled out.

That's part of the point for why classes can basically do anything: Because your class shouldn't determine your character, the skills you choose should. Your class is there for some added seasoning/flavor.
    Oh i know about that but whats the point of having classes then? Because they dont really add that much a flavor.

They kind of went a weird way, you have classes that can access every skill line except other class skills but then you hardly ever use your own class skills because the best are from shared pool.

Question for reminding, are gear set effects from the newer content designed to be 'better' than existing sets? Or just something that allowed for a different play style.

To this game's credit, there wasn't a fixed meta for my class when I played. At least not one that was easily discovered with a Google search. However, the range of DPS a player can do is all over the place with the many setups. As opposed to something like WoW which has a good dps doing about 2-3 times more damage than a bad dps.

murkmire event starts... now!

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...ews/post/57695

edited to add, right now world bosses are so busy, that unless your dps is really good, you are probably not getting loot from them, so my suggestion would be - farm random trash until tickets and strongbox drops. less chances to miss them this way, if tickets is what you are after for newest indrik
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2020-02-20 at 03:19 PM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, tickets aren't just on world bosses for this event.

They are now RNG drops off of all mobs in the zone, in the delves, etc. So don't stick to world bosses and don't think because you didn't get a ticket your first kill its bugged. Its not. Its 'working as intended' unfortunately. :/ For whatever stupid reason they made THIS event not work like every other event in the last two years and the tickets are RNG drops.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Yea, tickets aren't just on world bosses for this event.

They are now RNG drops off of all mobs in the zone, in the delves, etc. So don't stick to world bosses and don't think because you didn't get a ticket your first kill its bugged. Its not. Its 'working as intended' unfortunately. :/ For whatever stupid reason they made THIS event not work like every other event in the last two years and the tickets are RNG drops.
    oh it gets worse.

suppose you would like to get yourself an event pet, the one you have to assemble out of fragments. those fragments are

1. NOT a guaranteed drop out of those daily strongboxes
    2. extra strongboxes seem to have an extremely low drop rates - and again, fragments not guaranteed
    3. fragments.. are NOT .... TRADABLE. I repeat. not tradable. if you do get one, they are added directly into collections menu. and we do not know for sure if duplicates are possible or not. and ticket max is STILL 12. not counting berry (which lets assume best case scenario - you had enough tickets for already, going into event) you need 70 tickets to get all the fragments for pet AND memento. max number of tickets for this event is 39. and as I said... drops from gold boxes are not guaranteed, you don't know what you WILL get and storing tickets till the end of event is impossible, since max amount you can hold is 12.

I just... really ZoS? REALLY?

(yes I posted all of the above on official forums and tagged Gina Bruno, so I'm not just ranting here pointlessly, merely passing along this info)

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh yea, I read those posts too.

I"m just glad I've never felt driven to get any of the fragments of anything of these events. But yea at least in the past you could sell them for sometimes good money when you didn't want them.

And I'm glad I already got my 'two favorite' colors of Indriks and then stopped. And I'm glad I limited it to the two 'favorites' back when this whole multi-year event bullcrap started.

At this point they could release the most-awesomeo-mount of all and I don't know that I'd be able to force myself to grind enough tickets to get it. lol. burned out enough!
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I parked a character that I don’t play often in a delve. I log on, kill a few movs, grab my box and tickets, and log on a different character to do anything other than this event. Solid 5m a day to get what I need.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget that the game is going through a bit of an "overhaul" in terms of it's installation and patching tomorrow. The game will need to be completely redownloaded. You don't have to do anything special as the launcher will remove the old installation and start the new one but for those with low bandwidth and data caps (like me), be careful as the game will have to be completely downloaded. The plus side is the game install size won't be nearly as big as it currently is and this will help with asset loading in game giving us (supposedly) shorter loading screens and improved fps.

Came back to the game a week or so ago and been having a blast with the necromancer class compared to my old NB. The one thing that still grinds my fucking gears about this game is the fact that there's 0 weapon variety if you want to go magicka (in pve). I want to use a 2h or DW so bad but can't really unless i go some weird hybrid build. Not the end of the world but i wish they'd come out with a new magicka weapon already.

Oh and make it so my tattoos don't turn purple and fade away when i'm a vampire. That would be great aswell.

So i assume the update is live on EU?

kinda dreading this update.

just about every single time a company has said an update would lead to performance enhancements, it's lead to nothing but performance loss for me. happened with wow, swtor, and even minecraft 1.15 patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    kinda dreading this update.

just about every single time a company has said an update would lead to performance enhancements, it's lead to nothing but performance loss for me. happened with wow, swtor, and even minecraft 1.15 patch.
    I've definitely got a performance boost out of this. Being able to run trials at max settings is pretty nice.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some got improvements, some are seeing no changes - and for some its significantly worse.

And Cyrodil is apparently crashing constantly for most (all?) at this point.

So like life - some good... some not. YMMV!
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR