Another suggest me a series thread

So I've been reading tons of books on my lunch break at work and need some new series to go through. I enjoy almost all fiction so I'll list what I've recently read for inspiration. I'm not real hard to please and mostly enjoy everything I read.

Most Recent:
    -Odd Thomas series (saw the movie and liked it so I decided to read all the books and enjoyed them)
    -Dark Tower series (started reading this long ago and never finished so I reread the whole series and enjoyed it)
    -First two Dune books (read the first two books then stopped as I heard the others weren't worth it but enjoyed)
    -Ender's Game universe (listed this as universe because I read all the books by Card, like all 20+ of them and really enjoyed)
    -All Dan Brown's books (really enjoyed)
    -Hunger Games (really enjoyed)

So some series I've thought about reading are the Divergent books as I just saw the second movie with my GF. Saw the Maze Runner movie as well and understand that was a trilogy. Finally a friend of mine read a series that starts with a book called Hyperion that he said was good. So does anyone have any other suggestions for me?

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    The Dune books are freaking awesome, many people just lose it at the 3rd book where they jump 3500 years into the future and the 4th book where they go another 1500. Just remember the last 2 books, by his son from unfinished material... I actually think God Emperor of Dune, Dune Heretics and Chapter House Dune are the best 3.

Other suggestions

Isaac Asimov - The Foundation series - Sci Fi

Brian Lumley - The Necroscope saga - Horror, vampirism, cthulu magic, sci-fi

Bernard Cornwell - The Saxon Stories - The great viking army´invading England, mixed with historical facts.

Jan guillou - The Arn books - Vikings, knights templar, the holy land, the creation of Sweden. Mixed with historical facts.

Personally I also enjoy the older Jack Ryan books from Tom Clancy, like Clear and present danger, the hunt for red october, the cardinal of the kremlin etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    The Dune books are freaking awesome, many people just lose it at the 3rd book where they jump 3500 years into the future and the 4th book where they go another 1500. Just remember the last 2 books, by his son from unfinished material... I actually think God Emperor of Dune, Dune Heretics and Chapter House Dune are the best 3.

Other suggestions

Isaac Asimov - The Foundation series - Sci Fi

Brian Lumley - The Necroscope saga - Horror, vampirism, cthulu magic, sci-fi

Bernard Cornwell - The Saxon Stories - The great viking army´invading England, mixed with historical facts.

Jan guillou - The Arn books - Vikings, knights templar, the holy land, the creation of Sweden. Mixed with historical facts.

Personally I also enjoy the older Jack Ryan books from Tom Clancy, like Clear and present danger, the hunt for red october, the cardinal of the kremlin etc.
    The Foundation series and Necroscope saga look interesting and I might have to check them out.

Speaking of Arn, I watched that movie on Netflix.

Anyone else have suggestions?

Signature Created by Jassinta

15+ Year Old Account
    The Expanse series, opera scifi.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher, mix of hard boiled detective with supernatural themes.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Hmm something you read over lunch?

Ok, How about Simon R. Green. I really enjoyed the Nightside series and the Ghostfinders. Both are pretty lowbrow and somewhat predictable but they are also light reads that are just fun. I started on his Deathstalker series but got side tracked by other stuff. Looked like one hell of ride the little bit I got into it, though. In fact i may head that way now.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

I'll second Dresden Files.

The Garrret P. I. Files by Glen Cook are awesome.

You could also start the Terry Pratchet 'Discworld' series, as they are probably pretty easy to read over lunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    The Foundation series and Necroscope saga look interesting and I might have to check them out.

Speaking of Arn, I watched that movie on Netflix.

Anyone else have suggestions?
    That series was a crime against the books

It isn't a series but try Otherland by Tad Williams. It's one loonnnng story split into 4 books, about 800 pages per book. It's revolves around a virtual reality system that is just as realistic as reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    So I've been reading tons of books on my lunch break at work and need some new series to go through. I enjoy almost all fiction so I'll list what I've recently read for inspiration. I'm not real hard to please and mostly enjoy everything I read.

Most Recent:
    -Odd Thomas series (saw the movie and liked it so I decided to read all the books and enjoyed them)
    -Dark Tower series (started reading this long ago and never finished so I reread the whole series and enjoyed it)
    -First two Dune books (read the first two books then stopped as I heard the others weren't worth it but enjoyed)
    -Ender's Game universe (listed this as universe because I read all the books by Card, like all 20+ of them and really enjoyed)
    -All Dan Brown's books (really enjoyed)
    -Hunger Games (really enjoyed)

So some series I've thought about reading are the Divergent books as I just saw the second movie with my GF. Saw the Maze Runner movie as well and understand that was a trilogy. Finally a friend of mine read a series that starts with a book called Hyperion that he said was good. So does anyone have any other suggestions for me?
    Hyperion and its sequel Endymion are fantastic books. I also highly recommend them.
    "I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." ~Kurt Vonnegut.