Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarawa View Post
    I bet if they broke the numbers down further the vast majority in the first chart would be those that cleared the raid content on the LFR, yet you are conveying it be removed. The next two charts more than take a snapshot of how many people actually raid in an organized group or use the group finder to do so to clear the content. It sad they spend the greatest amount of design and development still on a feature that even people largely are not going into those difficulties or very few are able to go into those difficulties. Actually, I would love for them to give as much effort they do in raid content to the world content as whole. Jumping puzzles, garrisons, selfie cameras, twitter integration to further bolster the "ME" crowd of the game.

The world in most part plays more like a single player game, than a MMO and for those that usually try to get a group together for a world boss or an apexis daily on an alt and even a few months back when everyone was still doing those, were simply met on my realm with stop spamming general or what not and use the group finder to join a group. The fact that a person can't get in a group on their own realm and have to resort having to go on the group finder to join one on another realm. more than tells the state of the current players that play this game. Mind you not all people that play are numb nuts, but there are enough of them that it just makes wanting to do any group content a horrid experience outside a group of friends.

It also does not matter, if these people are in the minority or not. The fact they are in the game makes it less a wonderful experience for everyone that has to come in contact with them on any level of content in this game. They used to be largely put in a box before we got all the cross-realm crap put in the game. At least if someone acted up they were simply treated like they were a plague and they had to resort to name changes and in most cases had to either transfer off the realm or leave the game because no one wanted to deal with their crap. This does not happens anymore, there are very few check and balances to use for the player anymore to combat the idiot of the game. Blizzard open the flood gates and the genie is completely out of the bottle now and everyone get to experience the garbage now, not just a few.
    its really hard for lfr raiders to take the next step into actuall raiding. you wanna know why ? because of the shitty additude alot of people have towards those who are actually interested in giving it a try, but get absolutely shat on because they get told they are not good enough. its not blizzards fault, its the playerbase that refuse to let those people give it a try. the new pug system was a nice attempt from blizzard to make it easier to get groups going for raids, but to be fair it has been the worse thing that have happened to the game. trying to get into a pug group for a raid is impossible unless your ilvl is high, and it makes me cringe superhard when i see some of the ilvl reqs on raids that are way over the actuall ilvl req for that raid. lfr needs to stay in the game for these reasons. i find it kinda sad that some players are forced to raid lfr because they cant progress trough other difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This is BS, unless you use a "No True Scotsman"-like definition of "raiding guild".
    I have no clue what a "No True Scotsman"-like definition of "raiding guild" is supposed to be but if you think using random words will prove me wrong, go for it.

But sure, 10% might be a bit too high, depending on the definition of a raiding guild. It is about 3% if you count guilds that did 1/7 N as raiding guilds if that's how you want to see it. It's around 14% if you define a guild that raids at least once a week as a raiding guild.
    Last edited by Shiroh; 2015-03-27 at 04:13 PM.

so after wildstar and rift who wanna bet that main feature of 6.2 will be wardrobe ?

also lol at that 1.25 % of easiest boss in mythic killed so far after so many weeks of what was supposed to be "the same tier" where mythic raiders will go straight from mythic hm to mythic brf.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2015-03-27 at 04:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so after wildstar and rift who wanna bet that main feature of 6.2 will be wardrobe?
    This is Blizzard and WoW we're talking about. It will come in 7.2 at earliest, more likely at 8.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroh View Post
    I have no clue what a "No True Scotsman"-like definition of "raiding guild" is supposed to be but if you think using random words will prove me wrong, go for it.
    Allow me to further your education.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

In your case, your earlier claim would be true only if you arbitrarily excluded most raiding guilds as not "really" being raiding guilds.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    This is Blizzard and WoW we're talking about. It will come in 7.2 at earliest, more likely at 8.2.
    Honestly, I could care less for the feature as long as our gear still looks like garbage. Update the models all you want. They remain appearing terrible with those ghetto ass kicks on. Seriously, I thought it was strange for them to put so much effort and time into new models only to outfit them with horrendously outdated gear concepts. Now we simply look like high-res versions of 2004, the leap is minimal feeling at best. Then take a gander at Tyrande, Thrall, Sylvanas, etc... that gear needs to be common for the players. Otherwise it really was all for naught.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2015-03-27 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I bet the wardrobe feature won't come to WoW until 2 expansions from now, and then it'll only include green and blue armor sets "coz reasons".
    No dude, we were a mythic 10 man guild in past expansions. We have yet to kill a single BRF mythic boss with 20 man. We are carrying too many people, but we can't do anything about it. Recruiting right now is really hard.
    Moonlife, Boomkin/Tree, Silvermoon, VTX

Quote Originally Posted by GreenFuse View Post
    Great turnout lol. Would love to see that further broken down by LFR/N/H. I imagine LFR is heavily propping up those bars.

I wonder if they're going to continue to limit LFR loot (no tier) and making us wait longer to access the wings? Seems like they're inhibiting the vast majority of the player base. Curious about Normal and Heroic attendance, though.
    Yeah, I'll do more detailed stats in the future at some point like I did for SoO. There was a bug with my detailed data that made the numbers slightly off, so I wiped it all and it is recollecting now.

Bullshit. My guild was newly formed with WoD Mythic raiding in mind and we don't have problems recruiting. And that considering that we aren't a top 100 guild and we are on a low population server. If you don't put in the effort, you won't get anywhere, and that's how it is supposed to be.
    uhhh, everything that can be done, is being done. you just logged in here to start shit with your lucky situation.
    I imagine you are pretty high rank on your server for progress, making it appear more enticing to join.
    Meanwhile on a server like Zul'Jin, there are between 50 and 100 guilds that are 8/10H +/-2 stuck on recruitment.

We have recruitment posts on MMO champ, Reddit, Guild recruitment battlenet, zuljin battlenet, regular trade chat macros and are offering paid server transfers for 670+ players interested in mythic content.

Please enlighten me sir, what else can I do to recruit?
    How can you justify coming on here, insulting my statement and proclaiming we're putting in zero effort when there is virtually nothing else left to be done?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krihan View Post
    its really hard for lfr raiders to take the next step into actuall raiding. you wanna know why ? because of the shitty additude alot of people have towards those who are actually interested in giving it a try, but get absolutely shat on because they get told they are not good enough. its not blizzards fault, its the playerbase that refuse to let those people give it a try. the new pug system was a nice attempt from blizzard to make it easier to get groups going for raids, but to be fair it has been the worse thing that have happened to the game. trying to get into a pug group for a raid is impossible unless your ilvl is high, and it makes me cringe superhard when i see some of the ilvl reqs on raids that are way over the actuall ilvl req for that raid. lfr needs to stay in the game for these reasons. i find it kinda sad that some players are forced to raid lfr because they cant progress trough other difficulties.
    Being someone that raided in the past it was truly amazing to watch how these, so called raiders acted when the came into the LFR. They slam on people, like you say and then think that is going to make them want to strive to become a better player. Like shaming someones is simply going to make them want to better themselves and want to go into a higher difficulty of raid content. Maybe a few, but not the majority will bother and most of those see how these people are treating and interacting with others. To me, if the whole purpose is to try to enlarge the raiding base, which is what Blizzard was hoping for that positive effect, but it went south when many of the raiders decided to act worse than little children.

Sure there are a lot of people that do not give a crap what others are think of them and never will. But a person that is either coming back to the game either never raided before or another person is new to the game and they are see how these so called raiders at acting towards others. It makes them pause and wonder if they want to bother to take the next step, some do and some don't. If one is simply on the fence about raiding they are going to first look at people from how they conductive themselves, there skill level more than shown on a meter and how they interact with the environment.

As for myself I pay a lot of attention to those guild or people in guilds that are on my own realm when I am in the LFR. I like to see how they handle themselves and see if they are the bigger person and really want to help, than hurt the group of people that actually care for why they are there. If they immediately go into jerk mode, then I usually steer clear of interacting with both them and their guild, since after all they are a representative of the guild and if they are on the raid team well that says a lot about them as a whole.

I considered going back to raiding this expansion after taking a break from doing so in MoP, but between how I see people interacting both in the world and the LFR. I can't bring myself to the people where I want to even bother. I am foremost a people person and I very much enjoy interacting with others, but with every passing day I play in this game now. I mostly stay within the guilds that I am in or solo whatever content I can on my own. I have done few things through the group finder, but mainly those are apexis group dailies or the occasional world boss.

Yea, I get what you are saying. I do feel that as mind numbing of the experience of the LFR is, its just better than having to listen to 9 or more other people problems or what they can and cannot or won't do for the guild. The experience I had in Cata with raiding was far different than the one I had over BC and Wrath. The raiding guild I was in during Cata was pretty much doom from the start, the guild leader and few others were friends, so I stuck it out to the bitter end. We had a few that never did anything but show up on raid night, contributed nothing at all the rest of the week, but were always the first to have a problem or bitch and complain.

At the time, my two children were in grade school and were able to conductive themselves far better than these individuals ever could imagine doing. It got so bad by the end of Firelands that once Rag was downed, the group dissolved. I left the guild shortly after and hooked up with another friends guild during DS, but previous experience more than took its toll on me that I only filled in as need with that group during progression when needed. At the beginning of MoP I moved to another realm and decided I needed a very long break and I been on that break ever since.

Or it's a success because that's exactly what Mythic is for and the reason why we have 4 difficulties. And also, way over 10% of raiding guilds have killed bosses in BRF Mythic.
    I think its is a total waste of art dept and raid team assets to design gear and new mechanics for ~2% of the player base, an utter waste.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Am i the only one who is noticing more and more other mmo (non-blizzard) news showing up on n the front page? this is a good thing imo!

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    please blizzard bring this xpac fast as you can to an end!

its better for us all!

for the game, for the players and for you!
    What? Leave it out, I just dropped £30 on this thing, it'd be an even worse expansion if they ended it as quickly as possible, due to y'know us all having just dropped £30 on it. Seriously dude, QUIT THE GAME if you don't like it. Every single day you're on here moaning about how much the game is shite yet you still hang around! What, you like throwing money down the toilet for something you don't like?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Honestly, I could care less for the feature as long as our gear still looks like garbage. Update the models all you want. They remain appearing terrible with those ghetto ass kicks on. Seriously, I thought it was strange for them to put so much effort and time into new models only to outfit them with horrendously outdated gear concepts. Now we simply look like high-res versions of 2004, the leap is minimal feeling at best. Then take a gander at Tyrande, Thrall, Sylvanas, etc... that gear needs to be common for the players. Otherwise it really was all for naught.

Tyrande, Thrall, Sylvanas look like that in order to stand out because they're major lore characters. We can't ALL look as special as the major lore characters, otherwise noone looks special. What's "outdated" about the new gear? I can understand perhaps not liking it, but I have no idea how it's "outdated" as concepts.

Also, how much less could you care for the feature?
    Last edited by elvor0; 2015-03-27 at 06:15 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being someone that raided in the past it was truly amazing to watch how these, so called raiders acted when the came into the LFR. They slam on people, like you say and then think that is going to make them want to strive to become a better player. Like shaming someones is simply going to make them want to better themselves and want to go into a higher difficulty of raid content. Maybe a few, but not the majority will bother and most of those see how these people are treating and interacting with others. To me, if the whole purpose is to try to enlarge the raiding base, which is what Blizzard was hoping for that positive effect, but it went south when many of the raiders decided to act worse than little children.

Sure there are a lot of people that do not give a crap what others are think of them and never will. But a person that is either coming back to the game either never raided before or another person is new to the game and they are see how these so called raiders at acting towards others. It makes them pause and wonder if they want to bother to take the next step, some do and some don't. If one is simply on the fence about raiding they are going to first look at people from how they conductive themselves, there skill level more than shown on a meter and how they interact with the environment.

As for myself I pay a lot of attention to those guild or people in guilds that are on my own realm when I am in the LFR. I like to see how they handle themselves and see if they are the bigger person and really want to help, than hurt the group of people that actually care for why they are there. If they immediately go into jerk mode, then I usually steer clear of interacting with both them and their guild, since after all they are a representative of the guild and if they are on the raid team well that says a lot about them as a whole.

I considered going back to raiding this expansion after taking a break from doing so in MoP, but between how I see people interacting both in the world and the LFR. I can't bring myself to the people where I want to even bother. I am foremost a people person and I very much enjoy interacting with others, but with every passing day I play in this game now. I mostly stay within the guilds that I am in or solo whatever content I can on my own. I have done few things through the group finder, but mainly those are apexis group dailies or the occasional world boss.

Yea, I get what you are saying. I do feel that as mind numbing of the experience of the LFR is, its just better than having to listen to 9 or more other people problems or what they can and cannot or won't do for the guild. The experience I had in Cata with raiding was far different than the one I had over BC and Wrath. The raiding guild I was in during Cata was pretty much doom from the start, the guild leader and few others were friends, so I stuck it out to the bitter end. We had a few that never did anything but show up on raid night, contributed nothing at all the rest of the week, but were always the first to have a problem or bitch and complain.

At the time, my two children were in grade school and were able to conductive themselves far better than these individuals ever could imagine doing. It got so bad by the end of Firelands that once Rag was downed, the group dissolved. I left the guild shortly after and hooked up with another friends guild during DS, but previous experience more than took its toll on me that I only filled in as need with that group during progression when needed. At the beginning of MoP I moved to another realm and decided I needed a very long break and I been on that break ever since.
    i have never really considered myself a hardcore raider, and i have never been one either. when wod hit, i wanted to dedicate my time to actually get into proper raiding, but more than often i have met the door hard than making progress. endless drama and people being assholes is what i have been forced to deal with recently. my last guild was trying get a stable raiding team, but people started to leave the guild. it came to a point where my GM decided to quit the game, and the guild disbanded. it has just come to a point where i feel like its just a huge waste of time. it might be that i have been unlucky, but after those first hand experiences i might just give up. tried to pug for awhile, but i cant even get into groups that dosent quit halfway in. its tough, and to be fair i cant really blame those who dont want to make an comitment to it. its just way too painfull to get the ball rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectionlol View Post
    uhhh, everything that can be done, is being done. you just logged in here to start shit with your lucky situation.
    I imagine you are pretty high rank on your server for progress, making it appear more enticing to join.
    Meanwhile on a server like Zul'Jin, there are between 50 and 100 guilds that are 8/10H +/-2 stuck on recruitment.

We have recruitment posts on MMO champ, Reddit, Guild recruitment battlenet, zuljin battlenet, regular trade chat macros and are offering paid server transfers for 670+ players interested in mythic content.

Please enlighten me sir, what else can I do to recruit?
    How can you justify coming on here, insulting my statement and proclaiming we're putting in zero effort when there is virtually nothing else left to be done?
    He can justify it with a tip of his fedora. He's a neckbeard - and they use double standards like non-neckbeards use soap. No matter what you say, you're still not as elite as he is, and he will be quick to point that out, to gain more euphoria for himself. That's the only reason he comes here, to prove he's a better person than everyone else, all the time.

You will never be as perfect as he is, with his cut off gloves and black trench coat. Just give up, and abase yourself to his neckbeard better-than-you-ness. You're lucky he allows you to play his game in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I think its is a total waste of art dept and raid team assets to design gear and new mechanics for ~2% of the player base, an utter waste.
    I agree with you re: the art assets. Presumably these will be re-used/re-coloured and trickle down to the rest of the playerbase eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by elvor0 View Post
    Tyrande, Thrall, Sylvanas look like that in order to stand out because they're major lore characters. We can't ALL look as special as the major lore characters, otherwise noone looks special. What's "outdated" about the new gear? I can understand perhaps not liking it, but I have no idea how it's "outdated" as concepts.

Also, how much less could you care for the feature?
    http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...psxmtjdrhi.png

That's my character on FFXIV. Now that's an interesting, well-detailed outfit. Especially when referencing the robes specifically.

So you're telling me on WoW I have to be relegated to a one-piece, full-body, painted on piece of shit because I'd be too cool comparatively against the main characters of the game? That is literally the lamest excuse I have ever heard someone come up with in the defense of... well... anything! Why not have them stand out on their own merits and what they bring to the story versus the idea that they'll stand out purely upon the basis of their outfit?

...This, above all other issues, is why I've left WoW. Tired of the excuses. If it isn't Blizzard it's the players making it for them. No matter how absurd.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2015-03-27 at 06:35 PM.

This very similar to the decision I made, going into WoD. I used LFR a lot in MoP, and was sick to the teeth of the PUG and LFR bullies and loudmouths and crybabies. I tried fighting back, but the tide was too strong - every group had at least one, who thought it was okay to mock others for their gear, or gems, or recount numbers, who would start demanding DPS be kicked for any reason, who refused to explain fights, and then would fail the chat with "fucking bads" and "You all suck!" with the inevitable wipe. Run your own group? They still show up. Threaten them? They pull the boss and leave, like children, or refuse to leave the instance. The 10 year olds I have run into in the game act more maturely than these guys.

I saw just more of the same in WoD, so I decided, no PUG or raiding in WoD. I'm done with it, for now. Little did I know, that was the only thing to do, post 100. The idea of sitting in a raid for 10 minutes while "My tank alt" screams at "my other tank alt" over talents or gear or whatever the hell bug crawled up their ass that day makes my teeth bleed from gritting them. I'm not going to carry these pricks by joining their groups, life is too short.

The only way it will change is if the players tell them bluntly that their behavior is unacceptable, and remove them from groups - but it's a losing battle, because all the good players have left, or are too terrified to speak for fear of getting the attention of the bullies - and all the new players are encouraged to act like that, because there's no repercussions for any of them.

I came into WoD already disgusted with this kind of players, and not wanting to bother sharing a single moment or goal with them, which is why WoD's lack of content was harder to take - it's one thing to have less to do - but it fucking sucks when you know the few things left are riddled with asshole bullies, douchebags, and personality disorders.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    He can justify it with a tip of his fedora. He's a neckbeard - and they use double standards like non-neckbeards use soap. No matter what you say, you're still not as elite as he is, and he will be quick to point that out, to gain more euphoria for himself. That's the only reason he comes here, to prove he's a better person than everyone else, all the time.

You will never be as perfect as he is, with his cut off gloves and black trench coat. Just give up, and abase yourself to his neckbeard better-than-you-ness. You're lucky he allows you to play his game in the first place.
    So mean-spirited and yet I couldn't help but laugh my ass off.

Or it's a success because that's exactly what Mythic is for and the reason why we have 4 difficulties. And also, way over 10% of raiding guilds have killed bosses in BRF Mythic.
    I've got an idea - let's make 10 difficulties, because why not? Literally every kind of player will have their place.
    This whole difficulty design is shit... I understand we can't have something like Ulduar hard modes, but ICC had it great - 10 man for chill, casual raiding, and 25 for a big, organised run, and heroic modes. Not this LFR, normal, heroic, mythic bullshit... What next? LFR, easy, normal, medium, heroic, mythic, legend?