Schedule:
    Arena Tournament: July 19th

WSG Tournament: July 31-Aug 2nd

Arena Tournament Bracket:
    Twink Cup Arena - Challonge

WSG Tournament Bracket:
    Twink Cup WSG - Challonge

Format:
    Teams must compete in both the arena tournament and the WSG tournament. Matches in both tournaments will be bo3 until the grand finals. The grand finals will be bo5 with the team from the loser's bracket starting 1 game down. Teams will be seeded into the arena tournament based on the order that they submit their rosters. Teams will be seeded into the WSG tournament based on their team's performance in the arena tournament. Teams are limited to a 13 man roster with 2 alternate characters per player. Players that have been included in your team's roster can be subbed in between games at any point in the WSG tournament.

To sign up for the Twink Cup post your full 10-13 man roster in this thread, including armory links of each character as well as your team name and team leader's battletag. You don't have to identify which 3 members will be playing in your arena team until the day of the tournament, but once you've decided on your arena team you can't change it. You can change your roster as much as you want until July 17th but each change will reset your seed for the arena tournament. The deadline for sign ups is July 17th. Teams will be allowed one change between July 17th and July 30th without altering their seed in case something unexpected happens.

Team Comp Rules:
    Arena: 1 class limit, 1 healer limit, 1 off healer limit*, 1 stealth limit, no feral druids

WSG: 2 class limit, 2 stealth limit excluding guardian/restoration druids, 1 arms warrior limit, 1 bm monk limit, 1 MM hunter limit, no feral druids.

*any spec that has healing abilities that can be cast on their teammates counts as an off healer, not including warlocks' healthstones.

Tournament Rules:
    • All tunnel, fence, and stump jumps are allowed, and people are allowed to use jumps to take them anywhere on the map that they would be able to get to without jumping. Using class abilities, goblin jump, toys, or anything else to take you somewhere that you can only get to using these abilities is not allowed. All graveyard jumps are not allowed, including jumps using the new fences and wall jumping to get inside the graveyard from below it. The following video provides an example of some permitted jumps: Here
    • Crusader Enchant, Landslide enchant, Flintlocke and Gnomish X-Ray are banned from arena
    • Arms warriors are not allowed to swap weapons to get multiple enchant procs in WSG
    • Tiebreakers will be settled first by an overtime game where the first cap wins, if this is a tie the team with more flag caps in the series wins, if this is a tie the higher seeded team wins
    • Teams must be logged in and ready to play 30 min before the start of their match
    • Should any issues arise one or more Gamers-League representatives will need to join the team's voice chat to speak to the players directly.
    • Every team leader needs to add the spectators through either battletag or email.
    • Teams must be willing to have their games spectated and streamed
    • It is the player’s responsibility to ensure they have a secure connection.
    • If a player disconnects in the waiting room or within the first thirty seconds of a match then the game can be restarted. A restart can only happen once for each team per series unless the enemy team also agrees to a replay
    • Team names must not include profanity, racism, poor sportsmanship references (queue dodging), cheating references (flyhacking, DDoSing), the name of another person unless they are on your team
    • It is the responsibility of the team to have good sportsmanship and show respect to the tournament organizers. If a player is found harassing a Gamers League representative it will result in the removal of the offending player
    • In order to get the spectator addon working some simple rules must be followed. This includes, but is not limited to: Adding the specified people on real id (email), not battle tag, Going to a certain location in the game, Relogging when requested
    • If it is found that a player is using third party software, abusing a bug or exploiting the game in any way then it will result in an immediate removal from the tournament
    • Arena maps must be chosen randomly, in wsg if teams are the same faction they will alternate between horde and alliance side for the first two games, the side that each team gets on the third game will be decided by coin flip, if there is an overtime game the sides will alternate again
    • Any rule broken will result in getting disqualified for the rest of the Twink Cup
    • 16 teams maximum
    • Any attempt to deliberately throw a game or conspire to fix the outcome of a game before it is played will result in disqualification, and if the winning team is involved the prize money will go to the highest ranking team that was not involved in the conspiracy
    • Players cannot use toys, guild banners, or any usable item that isn't equipped on their character except healthstones, soulstones, bandages, and the pvp battle standard

Streams:
    Stream: Fearthebuns Twitch

Payment:
    The prize money will be payed incrementally into a single Paypal account over the course of a few months, the increments are TBD. The prize pool of the tournament is in CAD. Any money donated to https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...rnament#/story will continue to be added to the prize pool of the tournament.

Important Links/Additional Information:
    2015 Twink Cup Discussion, Planning, Indiegogo

Twink Cup Brackets, Rosters, Sign Ups, Schedule, Streams

Blue Post Thread on WoW Battlegrounds Forum

Twiitter

Twitch
    Last edited by Ekspozed; 2015-08-01 at 02:29 AM.

What steps are you taking to make sure participants don't resort to common cheat tactics that are commonplace in the 2k+ rating bracket?

No gear restrictions? Otherwise it's going to result in a game of who can 1shot who first.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Why no feral?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Why no feral?
    because they are a retarded vermin class at all levels of the game? I went 21-0 in full whites and only a BoA mace in a level 10 -19 XP on vs BoA heroes

this guy explains it better

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    there are a few things blizzard did that made ferals OP this expac. first off when blizzard did the ability squish many classes lost abilities/spells, many classes had some spells combined or made passive into others and this is where DEVs created the problem in feral spec in WOD. i have a level 19, 20, 39, and 70 twink feral druid. they are insane after the WOD changes. i face them with my two 100 DKs (one ally/one horde) at max level. i'm not complaining or whining about ferals, but looking at posts and other various threads since WOD no one understands imo what really happened in WOD. healing boost most know about, but the following is what some are missing.

rake now is 3 abilities combined (obtained at level 6) stuns, damage and bleed dot (btw pounce stun was once obtained at 32)

maim is 2 abilities combined (obtained at 82) once obtained in the 30's was same as a rogues gouge ability. overtime main had a stun added with damage

rotations i see most at 100 on my DKs are rake......shred......main......rip with auto attacks in between, as a DK i'm able to get out of both stuns but find myself at 20% HP range, i can come back some, overall the feral wins the healing war and i lose. but i understand blizzard does not balance 1 vs 1, they also do not balance 2 vs 2.

many players have rogues, to put the feral changes in even better understanding:

druid, rake, shred, maim

rogue, rake = cheapshot, ambush, hemo, shred = anytime ambush no stealth required, maim = kidney shot, eviscerate

in 3 abilities (2 GCDs), they do what would take a rogue thru 6 abilities (5 GCD's) even if they get opened on, ferals can flip the table with this advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    No gear restrictions? Otherwise it's going to result in a game of who can 1shot who first.
    There are no gear restrictions.

The tournament will not be about who can one shot who first or who has the best gear. The team that plays WSG at the highest level will win the tournament.

Looking forward to the tournament! This is going to be the World of Warcraft event to watch of the summer!

Quote Originally Posted by Fearthebuns View Post
    Looking forward to the tournament! This is going to be the World of Warcraft event to watch of the summer!
    As Fearthebuns said, the Twink Cup will be the WoW event to watch this summer. It will have the largest prize pool ever for a battleground tournament (whether twinks or RBGs) in WoW history.
    Skill Ratio 2014 and 2015 Twink Cup Champions
    "When they dig through our civilization in 2000 years and find WoW and Twinkinfo's servers I want them to immortalize "Pizza" and "Saxxon"as the great heroes of our era." -Myrm

Is this a joke?? Why not play the game at a level where all classes have the abilities that they are balanced around?? Classes at low levels are not meant to be played at a competitive level, alot of classes are missing key abilities from their toolkit, not to mention damage and health are in disproportion. Blizzard has openly said on many occassions that they do not balance the game around low level BG's/Arena because of these reasons. If you want a real competition, play at max level and full gear, or find another game, as WoW probably isnt for you.

If this is a joke, then well played my friend

Quote Originally Posted by xRATJARx View Post
    Is this a joke?? Why not play the game at a level where all classes have the abilities that they are balanced around?? Classes at low levels are not meant to be played at a competitive level, alot of classes are missing key abilities from their toolkit, not to mention damage and health are in disproportion. Blizzard has openly said on many occassions that they do not balance the game around low level BG's/Arena because of these reasons. If you want a real competition, play at max level and full gear, or find another game, as WoW probably isnt for you.

If this is a joke, then well played my friend
    It is a legit tournament. Team Abn competed in last year's tournament.
    "When they dig through our civilization in 2000 years and find WoW and Twinkinfo's servers I want them to immortalize "Pizza" and "Saxxon"as the great heroes of our era." -Myrm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekspozed View Post
    It is a legit tournament. Team Abn competed in last year's tournament.
    Ah, if Abn the pukehero takes part, it has to be serious.

Although I understand the appeal of twink PvP (used to have a mage at 29 and 39 for ages before they introduced xp for BGs) I don't know how people can watch this, especially considering that it is at level 19 and that it isn't exactly exciting to watch it for the "strategic depth" that you claim it has. I watched a 19 stream for a few hours (Pizza, a resto druid) and the gameplay was... underwhelming. Yes, you need to be more careful to where you run because it takes ages to move across the battlefield without mounts, but that also means half of the time you can go afk while running.
    But I guess you got some wealthy fans and I have no doubt that the price pool will attract many competitors, so good luck with the tournament to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaileen View Post
    I don't know how people can watch this
    More fun to watch overpowered nuke fests than watching the same old boring ass slog healfest shit that max level PvP is.

There's a reason WoW PVP got purged from basically every esports event.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaileen View Post
    Ah, if Abn the pukehero takes part, it has to be serious.

Although I understand the appeal of twink PvP (used to have a mage at 29 and 39 for ages before they introduced xp for BGs) I don't know how people can watch this, especially considering that it is at level 19 and that it isn't exactly exciting to watch it for the "strategic depth" that you claim it has. I watched a 19 stream for a few hours (Pizza, a resto druid) and the gameplay was... underwhelming. Yes, you need to be more careful to where you run because it takes ages to move across the battlefield without mounts, but that also means half of the time you can go afk while running.
    But I guess you got some wealthy fans and I have no doubt that the price pool will attract many competitors, so good luck with the tournament to you!
    We're hoping that the prize pool attracts more highend max level players to compete.

This seems like an awfully niche interest within WoW

19 twinking isn't what it used to be sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Joresh View Post
    19 twinking isn't what it used to be sadly.
    It's better now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekspozed View Post
    It's better now.
    So everyone no longer plays Hunter/Rogue/Druid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    And Priest. Can't forget them.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    There is more class variety.

Just within 3 months of the tournament, past weekend we had 6 different guilds running Warsong Gulch Wargames! The Hype is real!