Deleted

[Movie] The Leviathan

Looks like this could be next summers big blockbuster. Currently in development by FOX.
    About time we got some really big scifi movies that are not super hero based

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was a pretty impressive looking clip although I'm always a bit doubtful with FOX films these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a fan of big monster movies/games, this looks fantastic. I'll definitely slap $6 to see that!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

15+ Year Old Account
    Suprised they straight up shown the Monster, in this type of thing they usually hide it completely till the last 5 minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    [video=youtube;s-45NTlgp-o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-45NTlgp-o[ /video]

Looks like this could be next summers big blockbuster. Currently in development by FOX.
    About time we got some really big scifi movies that are not super hero based
    Is that a motha fuckin space whale?... That's a motha fuckin space whale. Sign me up.

On a serious note, this better hadn't be a literal Moby Dick in space. I will be disappointed if that's all it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    On a serious note, this better hadn't be a literal Moby Dick in space. I will be disappointed if that's all it is.
    Even if it is a straight up Moby Dick in space, The last time we had a "decent" creature feature was Godzilla, and even then very little was seen of it till the end.

Even if it is a straight up Moby Dick in space, The last time we had a "decent" creature feature was Godzilla, and even then very little was seen of it till the end.
    Yeah... The new Godzilla can't really be classified as a creature feature, more just a drama, with what we can only assume were awesome monster battles. In the background. Or where ever the camera wasn't.

Pacific Rim was pretty great in that respect though.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097737/

Yay...an original movie...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

Quote Originally Posted by Rabblexthree View Post

Leviathan (/lɨˈvaɪ.əθən/; Hebrew: לִוְיָתָן, Modern Livyatan, Tiberian Liwyāṯān ; "twisted, coiled") is a sea monster referenced in the Tanakh, or the Old Testament. The word has become synonymous with any large sea monster or creature.

The title you linked, has literally nothing to do with this film.

looks sweet and promising. But I fucking hope there wont be some shitty love drama subplot or i will rape the producer with a cacti.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account

Underwater deep-sea miners encounter a Soviet wreck and bring back a dangerous cargo to their base on the ocean floor with horrifying results. The crew of the mining base must fight to survive against a genetic mutation that hunts them down one by one.

I suppose the name is the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Jaws in space. all I can think of, and that's NOT a bad thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is there any petunias in the movie? This movie needs a bowl of petunias.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda reminds me of Sin from FFX. heh

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh fuck YES. Looks very big and nice premise. No preconceived notions.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Kinda reminds me of Sin from FFX. heh
    That and Lost Planet, harvesting giant aliens for fuel.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not a movie.

It's a short pitch that a director made. It COULD be made into a movie. But currently there are no plans for such.

It's the same guy that did the "Cheese" alien commercial
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted

Considering we know nothing about the movie other than the working title of it, its pretty hard to say its a remake of the 1989 deep sea adventure.
    infact there are several movies that share the same movie title as, yet share nothing in common with each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    This is not a movie.
    It's a short pitch that a director made. It COULD be made into a movie. But currently there are no plans for such.
    It's the same guy that did the "Cheese" alien commercial
    http://variety.com/2015/film/news/fox-picks-up-simon-kinberg-and-neill-blomkamp-produced-the-leviathan-exclusive-1201461606/

Quote Originally Posted by veriety
    Twentieth Century Fox has picked up sci-fi spec “The Leviathan” with Simon Kinberg on board to produce and Neill Blomkamp exec producing.

It’s a natural fit, given Kinberg’s first-look deal with the studio and Blomkamp beginning to build a relationship with Fox after coming on to direct the next “Alien” pic. Fox’s Steve Asbell brought the pitch in and will oversee for the studio.
    pretty sure that reading that it is more than a "COULD" since they have producers and someone to over see the project.

Sure this has many times in the past with other films, but I personally can only hope that this does make it to the screen as creature features and Sci fi are two of my favorite genre's and having them both in a single film is just \o/

Considering we know nothing about the movie other than the working title of it, its pretty hard to say its a remake of the 1989 deep sea adventure.
    infact there are several movies that share the same movie title as, yet share nothing in common with each other.

- - - Updated - - -

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/fo...ve-1201461606/

pretty sure that reading that it is more than a "COULD" since they have producers and someone to over see the project.

Sure this has many times in the past with other films, but I personally can only hope that this does make it to the screen as creature features and Sci fi are two of my favorite genre's and having them both in a single film is just \o/
    With Blomkamp and Kinberg attached as producers, this is gonna happen. And probably will movie pretty quickly as a result. And props to the guy for putting together a heck of a pitch. Thats how you sell your idea.

Interesting. I'm all for some new Sci-Fi stuff that isn't from a horror slant. Way to much (imo) of the Sci-Fi that gets produced is more Horror Sci-Fi. Things like Asimov's Foundation series don't rely on horror to draw the audience in. Though I understand horror probably sells better then straight Sci-Fi, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Suprised they straight up shown the Monster, in this type of thing they usually hide it completely till the last 5 minutes...
    I'd rather see the 'creature' some. I personally feel like hiding it means they have to come up with filler stuff and cuts down on the number of times you can have interactions between the cast and the creature. Also what if that was just the bait for the big baddy?
    Last edited by Spraxle; 2015-03-31 at 03:48 PM.