Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Angry MW, the worst healer again?

MW has become the worst healer in the Heroic BRF according to WCL stats. Of course, MW doomed in PVP too because of the MT nerf.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...s&difficulty=4

They just lack a real potent CD so they will always be below other players on fights that matter.
    It doesn't mean they aren't good, but their lack of a CD makes progression with them more difficult.

No one but the absolute top tier of player should worry about this though.
    Play what you enjoy, and realize that an exceptional MW is still better than a mediocre druid.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, other healer specs seem easier to pick up.

Iv taken MW as my main healers now and i love every second of it, While it was a pain to get started now my gear is getting better its super fun, I feel we have a nieche of nice AOE healing in the spread. Also we can piss resto druids off ;> whats always fun. I just feel less people play them as there not as easy as other healers in ways. Maybe a few tweeks can help.. i dont have tier sets atm but it seems useless in my eyes and the way i play. and i seem to do ok.

Deleted
    Monks are fine, the numbers are very close together and heroic statistics mean f*** all anyway. But if you insist:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...&class=Healers

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/7#metric=hps

Being "the worst" doesn't mean that much if the numbers are pretty close to the other healers, and they are.

I feel like we're in a good place atm, just take a glance at mythic stats and you'll see we're just fine.

Deleted
    What exactly do these statistics represent? Moreover, you're looking at Heroic, where discs are going to dominate, try Mythic:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/7#metric=hps

OP, why are you bothered with Heroic mode?

If you swap between Heroic and Mythic on the logs, you'll see the placement of our specialization. Anyhow, Mistweavers are (probably) going to be lower in Heroic mode, because of the damage output from certain abilities. The majority of the encounters in BRF, the damage isn't continuous, nor is it bursty enough to utilize Chi/RMs/Uplifts. What effects are done to the raid, players get topped off rather quickly. Other healers have better flexibility with their spells. From this, we obviously have to work a little harder to keep up with the other healing specs, using boss modes and other features to min/max our output through preemptive means.

Try PVPing. Silences don't do jack, and skip and teleport everywhere, chi bubble every 30 seconds or whatever. Impossible to kill. Hate them. Worst healer? Naw.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    Yeah try mythic where discs dominate just the same
    lol QFT. Disc's HPS on meters is just OP, no getting around that.

Anyway, though, if you think meters are the be-all-end-all for healer rankings, you're not seeing the big picture at all, especially in this tier when HPally can't really raid heal, Disc has no real healing (about 80% absorbs) to recover the raid after a burst, not to mention Weakened Soul preventing Disc stacking and Beacon overheal preventing too much HPally stacking, and when healer DPS has been particularly useful in BRF, which is Mistweaver's thing.

For example, Disc could have the worst HPS on that list, and they would still be mandatory. The effective health from absorbs are just too important.

The only issue MW suffers from is competing with the other throughput healers for whatever healing raid spots are left after you have your mandatory Disc Priest and your mandatory 1-2 HPallys, preferably 2. And since we do the most damage, which has been pretty useful this tier, at least in BRF, the answer is frequently "take a Mistweaver."
    Last edited by Geodew; 2015-03-29 at 04:32 PM.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

So, I just got my restoration shaman to 100 like 5 minutes ago. And I had to proving grounds to silver in order to do dungeons. I got to silver pretty easily but then decided let's try getting gold. Keep in mind It took me a decent amount of wipes and frustration to complete gold for mistweaver even after I had been playing MW for about a month. I got gold on my restoration shaman n.b.d. It was the easiest time healing I have ever had. And I barely ran out of mana till I decided to just spam everything on the last wave.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think mistweavers are in a good spot at the moment.The thing that makes a mistweaver great is consistent damage in herioc you get basically none of that. On Mythic beastlord i sit next to the resto shaman in healing most of the time because of how well our burst healing is. I do think maybe a couple of small improvements could help us but nothing game breaking. We defiantly one of the harder healers to play properly but having a revival in a raid is amazing to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

MW healing is there when u need it, as people mentioned it before if there's continues damage the MW is just spot on.
    I'm just gonna leave you with this log from our 2nd BH mythic kill, this is the healing of the last phase, look at how much hps the monk has..

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ealing&phase=3
    Killshot
    Pieces-Grimbatol
    Always recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Oziemaster View Post
    So, I just got my restoration shaman to 100 like 5 minutes ago. And I had to proving grounds to silver in order to do dungeons. I got to silver pretty easily but then decided let's try getting gold. Keep in mind It took me a decent amount of wipes and frustration to complete gold for mistweaver even after I had been playing MW for about a month. I got gold on my restoration shaman n.b.d. It was the easiest time healing I have ever had. And I barely ran out of mana till I decided to just spam everything on the last wave.
    Mistweaver isn't very good at 5 mans or PvP (though they are hard to kill, as someone mentioned, you don't have to kill them to win the match; just exploit their terrible single-target mana efficiency and low HPS), so that doesn't really have any real bearing on their raid viability. They're a raid healer; if you're doing Challenge Modes or Proving Grounds, or dungeons on a fresh Lv100, you'll have a harder time on a Monk for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

The whole "continous damage" thing that people are talking about is because with bursty damage (a) you instead have much more overheal on ReM on the order of 30-50% instead of 10%, and (b) for steady damage, we're able to sustain our HPS by continuing to generate steady Chi by spending mana on Surging (cheap) or RJW (the real mana spender). Other healers would go OOM trying to sustain HPS like we do. It's easy to throw out a couple Chain Heals for burst, but if you tried to spam that for 5 minutes you'd be dry on mana long ago. Meanwhile, it's basically impossible to OOM just from Surging Mist casts in raid settings if you're raid healing (can still OOM tank healing probably).
    Last edited by Geodew; 2015-03-29 at 07:03 PM.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

I'm not surprised Mistweavers "drop" once Heroic becomes non-progression content. Disc Shields get bigger, Druid HoTs get bigger (and faster!), and the raid takes less damage because they've now done the fight to death.

All of this means there's little for a Mistweaver to Uplift against, get ReM ticks on, or even Revival cheese (if you must). We're easily "sniped", which can make us look a little average on the meters on farm content.

Deleted
    In the first weeks of heroic they were 2nd (below disc).

The average parse has just been lowered for some common sense reasons.

1) A lot of monks who would raise that number; fistweave heroic mode. I haven't actually healed the bosses in serpent in probably 3-4 weeks.
    2) As things get overgeared monks take a side seat. We get sniped and always have. The only healer that historically gets bent over harder on farm is Hpriest.
    3) MW is only good with 20+ people and garbage below 15. Heroic is flexible and the average parse is almost definitely less than 20.
    4) Going back to point 2. Discs are scumbags on farm. And any guild with people getting 95th percentiles or higher has a scumbagging disc priest stealing heals in heroic.

Don't believe me? Look at the top 5th percentile on mythic. MW is good on relevant content or with a low amount of healers. When overgearing starts to happen presuming you still run with 1 healer in every 5 people, monks start to fall behind. Want to rank? Drop a healer or 2 and GG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklion View Post
    MW healing is there when u need it, as people mentioned it before if there's continues damage the MW is just spot on.
    I'm just gonna leave you with this log from our 2nd BH mythic kill, this is the healing of the last phase, look at how much hps the monk has..

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ealing&phase=3

/thread

Monk is the beast AOE healing out there and is in every single way better than druids/hpriests.

They have a lot of 'burst' healing, which the Hpriest and Rdruid dont have.

And why would you pick a healer that does the same HPS but does it "quicker". In what world would it be better to heal people up slower.

Besides that they have the utility to dps, which alot of monks undervalue.

The reason they are the lowest healer on Heroic logs is because healing there is redudant and monks rather dps and let other healers deal with it.
    Last edited by mmoc66bd9b643f; 2015-03-30 at 11:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBF I think most of the drop off is mistweavers just yolo fistweaving for dps ranks.