Shadow Priest PvP - Why not prioritize Versatility above all else?

So I have been loving my Shadow Priest this expansion. It truly is one of the only "real hybrids" out there now, that has good DPS, good healing and good CC at the same time. Meaning we get to switch up the playstyle a lot. We are quite squishy tho. What stat helps with both dps, healing and survivability at the same time? Versatility.

I really consider us in the same boat as Feral Druids. They also do lots of CC, lots of offhealing and suffer the same "squishy" issue we do. They valued crit in the start of the PvP season, but after a while realised how awesome versatility is. Meaning all "top feral druids" suddenly changed from crit to versatility.

Even though I am not the best at Shadow PvP, I really feel like I am preforming better than most other shadow priests. I think my choice of stacking versatility is part of the reason I out preform other shadow priests.

So, I ask, why do you guys still insist on prioritizing multistrike and haste over versatility? Theorycrafting for max potential DPS increase is not always the correct choice for stat priority.
    Last edited by MiiiMiii; 2015-03-30 at 12:00 PM.

Deleted
    I think no SP would priorize multistrike or haste overy versatility. The primary stat for most is actually mastery. Mastery has a BIG effect on Mind Blast damage, I think it is about 3 times as strong as Versatility on Mind Blast, Mind Flay and Mind Spike. Versatility is obviously better on DoTs and Devouring Plague.

However, the real issue is that there is just not very much Versatility available. So here is the recap:

- Shadow Priest absolutely needs the 4pc bonus for PvP, so only 1 Versatility item from the main set.
    - There is no neck, rings, back, weapons with versatility.
    - There is no weapon enchant with versatility.
    - This leaves the Shadow Priests with only 5 items that have versatility on them (head, wrist, feet, waist, trinket).

With all those limitations Priests struggle to even get 10% Versatility (or 5% damage reduction).

Personally I think Versatility IS our best stat in PvP (close to Mastery) and I do go for those 5 pieces with Versatility on them but it is still not much and the difference compared to going for Mastery as the primary stat is almost neglible. What it comes down to is something like 4% damage / 2% reduction vs. +15% damage on MB/MF/MS. Mastery is slightly better in terms of burst and sustained damage but Versatility has that 2% damage reduction.

It's different for Ferals because their Mastery is not really good in PvP, while Shadow Mastery is good in PvP. Crit/Multistrike are really bad for almost any class. Haste only has very few classes where it shines (Affliction Locks and to some extent Mages). So for most classes it is Versatility vs. Mastery. But because of above limitations Versatility cannot be stacked very high anyways.
    Last edited by mmoc576a872d3e; 2015-03-30 at 03:03 PM.

Deleted
    I think Versatility is good on SP in PvP. It's just that we are very limited to the pieces that have Versatility. We take it when we can but that's it. Mastery is definitely a top stat but I'd say Haste is overall best stat because it reduces your GCD allowing you to just do more (dispels, shields, dots etc). It all depends on how you want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I think Versatility is good on SP in PvP. It's just that we are very limited to the pieces that have Versatility. We take it when we can but that's it. Mastery is definitely a top stat but I'd say Haste is overall best stat because it reduces your GCD allowing you to just do more (dispels, shields, dots etc). It all depends on how you want to play.
    This is why most top rated Spriests go all haste enchants and the mastery weapon proc. If anything I'd say haste=mastery>vers>crit>multi.

versatility is very good for spriest pvp, but I think haste and mastery are both slightly better, prioritizing haste or mastery based on preference/comp/playstyle

you don't need vers if you play with a mage, which should be the only partner you pair up with this season. survavility problems come if you play any other comp than godcomp

haste>mastery>vers

1.3 VT is pretty much our haste softcap, you can go further like me if you want, that means you'll have your burst sooner and you'll burst more often later in the game, also helps while VTing everything down

mastery is insanely good for us not only because of MB, MSpike procs hit like a truck too

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    This is why most top rated Spriests go all haste enchants and the mastery weapon proc. If anything I'd say haste=mastery>vers>crit>multi.
    I think that is the best too. As much static haste as possible, mastery proc on weapon.

..so if you do not play 3's with a mage then what?

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    ..so if you do not play 3's with a mage then what?

Nothing. Rip. Shadows very limited in pvp right now.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    PVP-ing as a shadow priest, eh? Okay, I guess some people enjoy being shrekt 24/7.

Shadow is very good if you know how to play it correctly. I personally love my shadow priest, and I am all out PvP. Versatility is good simply because it has damage reduction, does "bursty" type damage, and as an off healer for the whiney players it comes in handy.

Personally, I use haste for PvP because I can knock off my spells faster, and I can get more damage off my DoTs

Deleted
    www .arenajunkies. com/topic/296102-shadow-priest-gearing-and-enchantments/#entry4399632

All you need to know about the subject really. I never did truly understand why all the other Shadowpriests on the ladder go Haste, but w/e.