Poll: ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    like... be productive... watch some Anime or Hentai...ffs
    lol, you have to be trolling.

I don't care what people do behind closed doors of THEIR homes. I live in Washington state, where it's legal. But... I live in base housing, which is government property... because my husband is an E5 in the Navy. The Navy has a strict NO DRUGS rule, and a '3 strikes, you're out' alcohol rule... if you get caught. That includes marijuana. I've heard about a fair share of idiots from my husband :P

So... if my husband brings friends over, and they want to smoke pot. He's gonna end up telling them GTFO because he really values his job. We don't smoke weed at all, but it's not worth losing his job over if his friends want to do it on illegal property. They can get caught when there's a random drug test. But he won't go down with them.

TL;DR... I don't care, just as long as it isn't in my house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    habits are bad.. dislike illegal drug use -- while some places have decided to make money off of the "smartness" of people, even if it becomes legal everywhere, to me, it will always be an "illegal" drug.

dislike any and all pot smoking hippies

like... be productive... pick up a book, go volunteer time, watch some Anime or Hentai...ffs
    Is it possible to be this naive? I smoke almost every day, but I guess it wouldn't matter what I tell you because in your head I'm a hippie. I guess it's not possible to be successful and smoke weed at the same time. I guess I dreamed that I got my bachelors in computer science and my software engineering job is really just me typing on a stray cat behind some building in an alley.

You have every right to have your views, but don't take offense if people look down upon them, because IMO your views are just as arrogant as religious views towards same sex marriage.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Cigarettes stink like shit, so does weed, so does food that permeates through the corridor.
    But I was told in this thread it's an acquired scent!

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I don't actually know about smoking. I believe we have designated smoking and non-smoking buildings.
    Well, pot is illegal, so yeah. But, they can't do anything about it, because they can't "prove" you have any without searching your apartment for it, which they can't do. They sent out an email to everybody reminding them that pot is illegal and I can just hope that that gets through to people. Really, the whole reason I complained was for this reason. Hopefully, such an email will teach potheads that, yes, people CAN smell it when you smoke and you ARE affecting others, since most potheads seem 150% oblivious that people can smell it.
    They don't sound like reasonable people :s I mean it's so easy to mask; scented candles, air purifiers or something like this. It's not even hard or that expensive (with the exception of the air purifier, which won't break the bank)

Really, the whole reason I complained was for this reason. Hopefully, such an email will teach potheads that, yes, people CAN smell it when you smoke and you ARE affecting others, since most potheads seem 150% oblivious that people can smell it.
    That's legit. My previous neighbor in my apartment complex smoked so much the smell would drift through the vents and into our bathroom and bedroom. My wife and I complained because this was happening about 5 nights a week.

I love weed, absolutely love it, but it drives me nuts when people aren't cognizant of the smell in a living community. If you're not vaping, you're doing it wrong. I like showing off my gear setup and want to post a pic, but I'm pretty sure that would be breaking the rules
    Last edited by Slaskra; 2015-04-14 at 07:51 PM.

I doubt this will be read because it's so far down the forum pages, but I'll type it anyway.

I'm 23, so I was in highschool from 2005-2009. When I was in highschool, weed was obviously still around, but it wasn't in your face like it is today. Now I see teens blatantly smoking weed, and I don't really think that's cool. For the last I'd say 3 years, I was totally against weed, I was glad it was illegal, and hated hearing about it. But I'd say in January, I actually just accepted it. People are going to do what they want, and if they don't bother other people it shouldn't be that big of an issue.

I don't personally smoke pot, but I don't have issues with people that do. What I do have issues with is people trying to shove it down other people's throats, like religion with some people. In my head it's like "ok that's cool, you smoke weed, I don't care.... No I don't want any.... because I don't, stop harassing me about it." In today's society, it almost seems like it is frowned upon if you don't smoke weed, and it's kind of annoying.

I personally think that weed should be legalized, and it should be taxed the shit out of.

Here is where I understand why it shouldn't be legalized. If we finally legalized it with a mentaility of "ok, look we will legalize it, but there are a few rules we'll have to set up so that it will work out for everyone." That meaning, it's fairly expensive, and you can not smoke it outside of your home, a private residence, or I guess like a hookah bar type setting. Also maybe treat it even more like alcohol, where you cannot consume it while driving.

And that is where people will have to show they can handle it being legal, there has to be certain rules to follow, I think that is what will be the issue. People cannot handle rules attached to finally getting something they want.

In summary, I don't hate weed, but I do not think it's right for teens to be smoking unless they are 18. I think the weed culture (Rastafarian, 420blazeit) is really stupid and people should cut that shit out. It should be legal, but taxed out the wazoo. And it needs to be treated like alcohol, in terms of where you can consume it.

Just my 2 cents :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't actually know about smoking. I believe we have designated smoking and non-smoking buildings.
    Well, pot is illegal, so yeah. But, they can't do anything about it, because they can't "prove" you have any without searching your apartment for it, which they can't do. They sent out an email to everybody reminding them that pot is illegal and I can just hope that that gets through to people. Really, the whole reason I complained was for this reason. Hopefully, such an email will teach potheads that, yes, people CAN smell it when you smoke and you ARE affecting others, since most potheads seem 150% oblivious that people can smell it.
    As easy as it is to put all pot smokers in the same category, please refrain from doing that because it ain't true. I've been around those careless smokers who light up and perfume the entire apartment. I do love the smell of pot pre combusted, but once it's a lingering smoke, I can no longer tolerate it. When I want to smoke, I go outside so that the smell won't bother anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    They don't sound like reasonable people :s I mean it's so easy to mask; scented candles, air purifiers or something like this. It's not even hard or that expensive (with the exception of the air purifier, which won't break the bank)
    Haven't confronted the potheads myself, don't want to be that guy. Also because I can't be 100% sure who it is, as there are apartments in 3 of the 5 directions from mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaskra View Post
    That's legit. My previous neighbor in my apartment complex smoked so much the smell would drift through the vents and into our bathroom and bedroom. My wife and I complained because this was happening about 5 nights a week.

I love weed, absolutely love it, but it drives me nuts when people aren't cognizant of the smell in a living community. If you're not vaping, you're doing it wrong. I like showing off my gear setup and want to post a pic, but I'm pretty sure that would be breaking the rules
    I'm fine with that. If I can't smell it I don't really have an issue with it. I'm still of the opinion that it ruins lives based on my experiences, but it's a small sample size and these people were high risk factors anyway, so it's hard to prove. Doesn't really matter to me what people want to do with their lives anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    As easy as it is to put all pot smokers in the same category, please refrain from doing that because it ain't true. I've been around those careless smokers who light up and perfume the entire apartment. I do love the smell of pot pre combusted, but once it's a lingering smoke, I can no longer tolerate it. When I want to smoke, I go outside so that the smell won't bother anyone.
    Don't care about the smokers that go undetected, because they might as well not exist (because they go undetected). It's simple logic, really. All potheads are potheads I can smell in the privacy of my own home, because they ones I can't, I can't. So, why talk about them?

By the way, going outside doesn't fix the issue. We have one of few dog-friendly apartment complexes in the city, so there are a lot of people walking around outside with their dogs all day. Considering I frequently go on walks with my dogs and can smell pot coming out of nearly every single building, going outside only really makes the issue worse. In this case, I would rather these people close their windows when they smoke.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-04-14 at 07:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    I doubt this will be read because it's so far down the forum pages, but I'll type it anyway.

I'm 23, so I was in highschool from 2005-2009. When I was in highschool, weed was obviously still around, but it wasn't in your face like it is today. Now I see teens blatantly smoking weed, and I don't really think that's cool. For the last I'd say 3 years, I was totally against weed, I was glad it was illegal, and hated hearing about it. But I'd say in January, I actually just accepted it. People are going to do what they want, and if they don't bother other people it shouldn't be that big of an issue.

I don't personally smoke pot, but I don't have issues with people that do. What I do have issues with is people trying to shove it down other people's throats, like religion with some people. In my head it's like "ok that's cool, you smoke weed, I don't care.... No I don't want any.... because I don't, stop harassing me about it." In today's society, it almost seems like it is frowned upon if you don't smoke weed, and it's kind of annoying.

I personally think that weed should be legalized, and it should be taxed the shit out of.

Here is where I understand why it shouldn't be legalized. If we finally legalized it with a mentaility of "ok, look we will legalize it, but there are a few rules we'll have to set up so that it will work out for everyone." That meaning, it's fairly expensive, and you can not smoke it outside of your home, a private residence, or I guess like a hookah bar type setting. Also maybe treat it even more like alcohol, where you cannot consume it while driving.

And that is where people will have to show they can handle it being legal, there has to be certain rules to follow, I think that is what will be the issue. People cannot handle rules attached to finally getting something they want.

In summary, I don't hate weed, but I do not think it's right for teens to be smoking unless they are 18. I think the weed culture (Rastafarian, 420blazeit) is really stupid and people should cut that shit out. It should be legal, but taxed out the wazoo. And it needs to be treated like alcohol, in terms of where you can consume it.

Just my 2 cents :/
    I've been smoking for the last 6 years and I agree with you. I don't care how much they tax it because I'm just going to grow my own anyways. Whenever I'm with people I'll always offer if they want some to be courteous. If they say no, it's not like I'm going to freak out and demand why, I'll be like "cool, more for me".

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't confronted the potheads myself, don't want to be that guy. Also because I can't be 100% sure who it is, as there are apartments in 3 of the 5 directions from mine.

I'm fine with that. If I can't smell it I don't really have an issue with it. I'm still of the opinion that it ruins lives based on my experiences, but it's a small sample size and these people were high risk factors anyway, so it's hard to prove. Doesn't really matter to me what people want to do with their lives anyway.

Don't care about the smokers that go undetected, because they might as well not exist (because they go undetected). It's simple logic, really. All potheads are potheads I can smell in the privacy of my own home, because they ones I can't, I can't. So, why talk about them?

By the way, going outside doesn't fix the issue. We have one of few dog-friendly apartment complexes in the city, so there are a lot of people walking around outside with their dogs all day. Considering I frequently go on walks with my dogs and can smell pot coming out of nearly every single building, going outside only really makes the issue worse. In this case, I would rather these people close their windows when they smoke.
    You actually have it backwards. The reason the smell is so bad is because they smoke in their apartments and allow all the smoke to collect. They then open a window or door which causes all of it to be released. If everyone went outside and took a hit, you wouldn't smell anything. You literally need to be walking by right as their smoking to smell it. It's not like they're fog machines constantly spewing smoke. Unlike cigarette smoke, weed smoke doesn't linger. That's why when ever you go in a cigarette smokers car, it always smell like cigs. Yet if you get in a stoners car, it won't smell unless they were just smoking. I live in a heavily conservative part of oregon and next door to a cop. No one in my complex knows I smoke because I go outside and after 10 seconds the smoke is off floating hundreds of feet in the sky, way out of range of any persons nose.

Motherfucker why is this thread back?!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

My view is its completely hypocritical to have the drugs alcohol and tobacco legal while marijuana is illegal, even though its been proven dozens of times to be the safest of the three. I personally only smoke a few times a year these days, I used to go through a half quarter a week now it lasts me 2-3 years lol. Even though it will only barely affect my life, I still feel very strongly towards legalization. I just don't see any good reason why this drug should be illegal while much more dangerous recreational drugs are legal.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I've been smoking for the last 6 years and I agree with you. I don't care how much they tax it because I'm just going to grow my own anyways. Whenever I'm with people I'll always offer if they want some to be courteous. If they say no, it's not like I'm going to freak out and demand why, I'll be like "cool, more for me".

- - - Updated - - -

You actually have it backwards. The reason the smell is so bad is because they smoke in their apartments and allow all the smoke to collect. They then open a window or door which causes all of it to be released. If everyone went outside and took a hit, you wouldn't smell anything. You literally need to be walking by right as their smoking to smell it. It's not like they're fog machines constantly spewing smoke. Unlike cigarette smoke, weed smoke doesn't linger. That's why when ever you go in a cigarette smokers car, it always smell like cigs. Yet if you get in a stoners car, it won't smell unless they were just smoking. I live in a heavily conservative part of oregon and next door to a cop. No one in my complex knows I smoke because I go outside and after 10 seconds the smoke is off floating hundreds of feet in the sky, way out of range of any persons nose.
    Are you sure? I lived with a smoker for a few months who habitually smoked in the garage (with the door open) and the garage smelled like pot permanently, and quite strongly I might add (my wife was unable to even walk into the garage because the smell was so bad and she is strongly affected by strong odors - and that's when he wasn't smoking). I feel it's equally likely that potheads get used to the smell and simply don't realize how much of it does actually linger that they are completely unaware of.

I will admit, it doesn't appear to stick to clothes through being washed and it has that going in its favor. For that reason, I hate it slightly less than cigarettes. Still a lot of hate though.

I've never experienced bad food or trash odor going through walls like pot does. But, if it did, and was a consistent issue, I would file complaints (I have filed complaints against the potheads). I can be fair about this.
    Well it does and worse depending on the food. I never experienced trash odor either but we had a dirt bag next door with to many animals and that smell was disgusting and you could smell it houses away, especially in the summer. The food odor, uggh the people that used to live downstairs in my basement would cook fish and it was RANK!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    You cannot kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Really cause a jackass in my guild does it nearly every time he is online. I can't recall ever telling people how drunk I am but sure I'm on a high horse here...
    So you have a guy in your guild that's an asshole about it. WEED didn't do that his personality did.

I got a nice view of this fat jay I'm about to smoke

No really though I don't smoke so much anymore because it becomes less enjoyable the more you use it, and especially begins to lose meaning. I find it ideal to smoke once, maybe twice a week.

Acid/shrooms once a month
    Life is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    you can't kill the weed maaaaaaaaaan.

Its a medicinal herb, liking it or not. I find it disgusting to smoke, I hate the smell, but I need it for medical issues. And no, I consider myself a liberal and I think prohibition only makes things worse and generates demand and risks.

I have insomnia and depression. Judge me.
    Last edited by Musta; 2015-04-14 at 08:34 PM.

Deleted
    Poll is missing "I smoke now and then" option.
    For me it is really now and then like once every 2 months ? With friends we I feel like it. Very casual.