Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JForny View Post
    Just get a 6300 and an R9 280x and you'll smash every game out new and old. Most these guys have never actually used an AMD and just use horrible benchmarks to base their hate towards AMD. But you could go i5, if you wanna spend that kind of money. But if you only spend a few hours a week, the intel(in my opinion, which I am allowed by being a US citizen) it's not worth the cost.
    AMD sucks donkey dick where WoW is concerned. That's all there is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    No, you are not allowed!

I have a FX8320, it blows for MMO games and ... well it blows at everything else.

Its sitting in my garage collecting dust. If someone offered me $50 bucks for the cpu/mainboard I would take it just to get it out of my site.
    Cool... That's your opinion. I use an AMD 860k and play wow, eso, d3, Star wars, rift and a slew of steam games... Never had any issues with fps. Shoot, I'll take it for $50. I have no problem using older items or not top of the line. Hell I use 1980 golf clubs and still keep up with my friends using thousand dollar clubs.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Hobbes;33138126]AMD sucks donkey dick where WoW is concerned.[QUOTE]

And that is your opinion, which you are entitled to... But wow is still playable with AMD cpu's on ultra settings with fps above 70...

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Just to be clear on something and avoid any misunderstandings. The cpu is more important on mmo's like wow raiding thus why i said more important than gpu. On different games like shooters, things are different.
    Even in WoW, the GPU is the most important part of the system. Get an R9-270X, keep your CPU, it's good enough, enable raid and battleground settings and turn them down to fair. Problem solved. The settings may even work with what you have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    AMD sucks donkey dick where WoW is concerned. That's all there is to it.
    Bullcrap. My FX 6300 does very well coupled with my R9-270X.

Hint--any fps number above 25 gives fluid play in WoW. This obsession with 60fps everywhere is just plain stupid. Having said that, I get 55-95 in normal areas and 35-65 in raids. More than good enough.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets not derail this thread about what average wages are. The OP has a specific budget, regardless of what other people make.

Also, lets not let this fall into another AMD vs Intel thread. Too many threads have been shifted to that recently. This debate has long been since settled, and there are plenty of benchmarks showing that Intel has an advantage in raid environments. Outside of raids AMD performs fine, but the number of people who play WoW and don't raid are few and far between.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Even in WoW, the GPU is the most important part of the system.
    This is incorrect. Raid environments are very much tied to CPU, and most people are looking for better raid performance.

Hint--any fps number above 25 gives fluid play in WoW. This obsession with 60fps everywhere is just plain stupid. Having said that, I get 55-95 in normal areas and 35-65 in raids. More than good enough.
    It's not about 'max frames' but 'min frames'

25 fps might look fine, if its stable, but usually isnt. People aim for ~45-50 stable, which is where the important factor is. Getting "35-65" is awful, specifically because of the volatility of the range. I would rather have "40-45" over "35-65". Thats where IPC shows, raising minimum frames to reduce frame rate range.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Lets not derail this thread about what average wages are. The OP has a specific budget, regardless of what other people make.

Also, lets not let this fall into another AMD vs Intel thread. Too many threads have been shifted to that recently. This debate has long been since settled, and there are plenty of benchmarks showing that Intel has an advantage in raid environments. Outside of raids AMD performs fine, but the number of people who play WoW and don't raid are few and far between.

- - - Updated - - -

This is incorrect. Raid environments are very much tied to CPU, and most people are looking for better raid performance.

It's not about 'max frames' but 'min frames'

25 fps might look fine, if its stable, but usually isnt. People aim for ~45-50 stable, which is where the important factor is. Getting "35-65" is awful, specifically because of the volatility of the range. I would rather have "40-45" over "35-65". Thats where IPC shows, raising minimum frames to reduce frame rate range.
    iNFRACT ME IF YOU WANT... bUT AS A MOD, you should not be siding with anything... You should be a moderater in the forums and at that point have no opinion on intel vs. amd. Which is sad cuz all I did was state my opinion and my specs and what it runs... Then get attacked for using AMD, then get an infraction cuz some dude decided to be a condcending dick... But hey whatever helps you sleep at night.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not 'siding' with anything. Nor does my opinion have any relevance. Intel CPU's currently perform better in MMO raid environments. It's fact.

There's nothing 'wrong' with AMD. They simply don't perform as well for the same price in raids and battlegrounds, which is exactly what the OP is looking for help on.

You're welcome to post system builds that you think are good, but there is a specific reason that literally everyone recommends Intel builds for WoW. There are hundreds of threads regarding this, and it's been benchmarked very thoroughly. The OP is welcome to choose whatever suggestions are made, as well.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Which is sad cuz all I did was state my opinion
    The computer forum, especially the Build / Upgrade Help subforum, isn't really the place for "opinions". People come here to get advice before spending real life money, which means we need to be as objective as possible. The simple fact is: for WoW (and for almost every other game on the planet), Intel CPUs are superior than the AMD equivalent. This has been proven time and time again via benchmarks and people's personal experiences.

We see people here from time to time who swear up and down that their AMD CPU is special and somehow performs differently than literally every benchmark shows, but when pressed they can never prove it.

No one is picking on you, no one has a vendetta against you, no one has made it their mission to chase you around the forum for the fun of it.

iNFRACT ME IF YOU WANT... bUT AS A MOD, you should not be siding with anything... You should be a moderater in the forums and at that point have no opinion on intel vs. amd.
    That's not how it works. Moderators are here to help foster and continue discussion, and to keep the forums as constructive as possible. That doesn't mean we can't weigh in on a debate.

Regardless, no one is "taking sides" here. Like I said above, Intel CPUs being better than their AMD equivalents is fact.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2015-04-08 at 11:06 PM.

I've never once claimed AMD is better. All anyone does here is rag AMD or anyone who suggests and then says its a waste of money and wont play games. We all know that's a lie. My opinion, you can use AMD for gaming. I used an A6 for wow and it ran flawlessly on high settings and never lagged. That's all I'm ever saying. Of course Intel I better. But saying tdp, lying about AMD and what its capable of and just flat attacking people for suggesting AMD is bogus. That's my problem here and with a lot of forums. Is flat out lies. That's like talking shit to a millionaire because he bought a ford over a range rover.

Except that people come here for suggestions on what's best for the money, and at the moment that is Intel (CPUs), pure and simple. Recommending otherwise is tantamount to recommending that someone waste their money, which other users (especially regulars) will not tolerate. That is why they "rag AMD or anyone who suggests", because people who suggest AMD are (perhaps rightfully) perceived as recommending that another user wastes money.

No one is coming here looking for parts that "play games alright" for the money, they want the best they can get for their money. At the moment, that will virtually never be an AMD CPU.

Regardless, the OP's question has been answered and this thread has devolved into the usual AMD vs Intel debate that we've had over and over that has been settled over and over, so I'm going to close it.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2015-04-09 at 02:13 AM.