New Disc Priest (Alt)

Hello MMO this is my second healing alt that I just leveled up to 100 not too long ago and I have always been wanting to learn Disc. I main a Holy Paladin and can tell I have to learn a lot about Disc. I am having a trouble grasping the decision to either use Penance on a player or enemy and how I can mitigate damage coming in.
    Sorry if I sound like a complete newb at this... All opinions, facts or advise is greatly appreciated and look forward to learning this class!

My armory = us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hydraxis/Nicejoe/advanced (sorry for not having a hyperlink, still new to MMO)

Deleted
    Use penance if there is healing needed defensive, preferably so it wont overheal much. If everyone is full hp use it offensive for AA stacks. Once you get 2 set tier 17 and mindbender it will be more important to use offensive penance.

Learn the damage patterns in dungeon and raids and know when it will be coming. Then pre shield your raid to mitigate this damage.

Other then that i highly recommend reading topics on this forum and the howtopriest disc guide. There are alot of "help my healing" posts lately so these could be helpful for you.

Deleted
    If u have questions what penance (offensive or defensive) to use look at ur AA cd and evangelism stacks. If u have less then 4 evangelism and AA will drop of CD after 6 sec u allways use offensive. All other ways allways defensive . At least i think so thats the best way how to decide.