Thread: CoI BoS help

CoI BoS help

Hi everyone!

(Sorry if this isn't the right place for a thread like this, but I didn't see a thread like the fix my DPS thread).

I've read a lot about using BoS with the glyph of Icy Runes as Blood, and I've begun trying it out. I don't think I'm doing it particularly well though - I seem to be using CoI too much and wasting runic power. I didn't see anything about this in the stickied blood guide above, so can anyone give suggestions?

warcraftlogs.com/reports/bPFTk8gAKDwdQLy3#fight=1

(heroic Flamebender)

warcraftlogs.com/reports/Mwkph1Z68NnJGvFY

(heroic Butcher)

warcraftlogs.com/reports/LRByhN3VQKkb9Z2c#fight=5

(heroic Iron Maidens wipes)

I was using a 655 weapon for the second two; I chose the fights where I seemed to be doing better than usual.

Also I think a large part of the problem is I'm not sure how to do this properly. What I usually end up doing is using nearly all runes from Blood Tap on CoI, and Death Striking with the others. I have ~1200 unbuffed multistrike and ~400 haste.
    Last edited by Ayrithiavia; 2015-04-02 at 10:35 PM.

Ya seeing as you have around 35% MS its gonna be a problem to keep it up without massive CoI spam.

You are wasting Resources for sure though. You don't need to be at 100rp all times. You want to hover lower like 75ish. So you don't waste auto attack RP gains. You can push more DS than you are.

Also you need to Plague Leech on CD. Use Icy Touch(if at like 85+ RP) or CoI to get Icy Fever back on and Blood Plague just use Plague Strike to get it back on(if its a single target fight and you can't just BB them back on).

Thanks for the response!

I didn't notice my Plague Leech usage was utterly awful; I'll definitely fix that, so thank you for pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Ya seeing as you have around 35% MS its gonna be a problem to keep it up without massive CoI spam.

You are wasting Resources for sure though. You don't need to be at 100rp all times. You want to hover lower like 75ish. So you don't waste auto attack RP gains. You can push more DS than you are.

Also you need to Plague Leech on CD. Use Icy Touch(if at like 85+ RP) or CoI to get Icy Fever back on and Blood Plague just use Plague Strike to get it back on(if its a single target fight and you can't just BB them back on).
    Hey, I had a quick follow-up question. Is it worth pooling runes for Breath, as you do when you use it as Unholy? It seems kind of pointless since you are almost always at 100 runic power during your opener with Vial of Convulsive Shadows.

No don't pool anything. Keep a set of all runes on CD at all times. Ideally you know how your RP generation generally is and you can spam all your runes into DS's during trinket procs.