10+ Year Old Account

Building/Buying a PC, Website payment Plans Recommendations?

So im helping a friend work on getting a PC to game on. nothing competitive just enough to play any game out there and doesn't need to have the Graphics all the way to the max

the issue running into is that they can only go off of Payment plans because of issues of saving money

does anyone know of decent websites were you can buy Parts/pre built PCs on payment plans? hopefully you dont need a good credit score

they were going to try and get a PC off of http://www.qvc.com/ but you need to be a "trusted" user before being able to order

ComputerLX.com came up as somthing but reviews are weird for it

id rather not have them go through IBUYPOWER or CYBERPOWER websites cause of the issues ive heard people have with them
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

If they have "issues saving money", they sure as hell shouldn't be opening a sizable line of credit. Further, in regards to said friend having a bad credit score, he's not going to be able to open a line of credit anyway.

I'd also advise you/him to go easy on applying for financing, as it's a hard credit check every time. The more you do it and get denied, the lower your score gets.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    they have directed me to a website like http://www.leaseville.com/ibuypower-...puter-red.html

its not to bad of a monthly pay but over the course of 24 months at 124 a month its looking to be an end amount of $2976 so i dont really know

and that PC was put together from ibuypower i dont know if they have gotten better or not ive just kept hearing bad things about them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    If they have "issues saving money", they sure as hell shouldn't be opening a sizable line of credit. Further, in regards to said friend having a bad credit score, he's not going to be able to open a line of credit anyway.

I'd also advise you/him to go easy on applying for financing, as it's a hard credit check every time. The more you do it and get denied, the lower your score gets.
    well they had gotten a laptop before from the store https://www.aarons.com/ using their payment plans but that store doesnt have things good enough for gaming. mostly only All in 1 PCs

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    they have directed me to a website like http://www.leaseville.com/ibuypower-...puter-red.html

its not to bad of a monthly pay but over the course of 24 months at 124 a month its looking to be an end amount of $2976 so i dont really know

and that PC was put together from ibuypower i dont know if they have gotten better or not ive just kept hearing bad things about them

- - - Updated - - -

well they had gotten a laptop before from the store https://www.aarons.com/ using their payment plans but that store doesnt have things good enough for gaming. mostly only All in 1 PCs
    Is that price including interest?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Is that price including interest?
    probably not its not even showing the full amount

its more of just trying and weighing the options trying to help

like i dont know how well Leaseville can be trusted ether
    Last edited by Omians; 2015-04-04 at 01:13 AM.

probably not its not even showing the full amount

its more of just trying and weighing the options trying to help

like i dont know how well Leaseville can be trusted ether
    They're one of those rent to buy schemes. I mean, if you want to pay $3,000 for a $1,000 machine, have at it. Here's what it would cost to buy the parts they're using:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor ($249.99 @ Micro Center)
    Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($71.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($94.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($52.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.65 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($289.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($83.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($13.98 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($87.89 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1043.45
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-03 22:18 EDT-0400

Those companies exist to exploit people with poor credit and profit greatly from them. They also usually have a clause that if you miss payments, they'll repo the machine. The kicker is that they won't refund your payments since it was considered a "rental".

Again, if your "friend" has such poor credit, they shouldn't be financing anything. I know, it sucks, I was there 10 years ago. You just need to save up the money first rather than waste $3,000 for no reason.

Word of advice - If you or said friend wants to build up and repair your/their credit score, do the following:

1. Get your free credit report from the 3 reporting agencies, take note of all of the outstanding accounts hurting your score.
    2. Pay the accounts off one at a time, don't worry about banging them all out at once. Call each company and make an offer to resolve the debt. Most of them will settle for far less than they're asking, think 25-50% of the asked amount. This is the only way to repair your score, otherwise you'll have to wait 7 years for it to fall off of your report. During those 7 years you'll never get approved for normal credit lines, cards, cars or renting something like an apartment.
    3. ONLY AFTER paying off outstanding accounts, head over to a reputable credit card company like CapitalOne and open a secured credit card. Usually you'll have to put down something like $100-150 deposit for a $250 credit line, but it's worth it. Use that card to purchase things you would normally use your debit card for. Pay off the entire balance every month, do NOT let it linger with minimum payments, this will not help your score much.
    4. In a year to year and a half, your credit score will be back to normal for the most part and you'll again be able to get lines of credit.
    Last edited by glo; 2015-04-04 at 02:28 AM.
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    ill have to see what i can do with the information given to me and talk to her about it

thanks for the info

There is another option. If you and your friend trust each other why not have him pay you a monthly "payment" which you can hold for him? Then he can buy a PC once enough is saved. If you are both trustworthy this can work. If there is any doubt, don't do it.

ill have to see what i can do with the information given to me and talk to her about it

thanks for the info
    If it honestly is a friend, I'm sorry for coming off as slightly douchey. A lot of people just use it as a guise to hide the fact that it's really them asking.

That said, you can get a machine for a lot less than $1,000 that would perform similarly. Something like:

i5-4690
    H97 board
    GTX 960
    120GB SSD
    8GB DDR3
    500w PSU
    Random $50 mid tower case

That would run them around $650-700 and perform identically in games. She could pull her old mechanical drive (even if it's from a laptop) and re-use it as storage.

You could drop down even further on the processor side and save another $100-130 off that with an i3-4xxx for perfectly acceptable performance in almost all current games since most don't take advantage of more than 2 cores.

The credit advice I gave though, seriously, make sure they take that to heart. It's easy to do, just tell them to take baby steps with clearing outstanding stuff. In the end for such little effort, it will make their future immensely less limited and stressful.
    Last edited by glo; 2015-04-04 at 02:49 AM.

build pics

Gotta say Glo's information seems like a better idea than that sketchy web site.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    If it honestly is a friend, I'm sorry for coming off as slightly douchey. A lot of people just use it as a guise to hide the fact that it's really them asking.

That said, you can get a machine for a lot less than $1,000 that would perform similarly. Something like:

i5-4690
    H97 board
    GTX 960
    120GB SSD
    8GB DDR3
    500w PSU
    Random $50 mid tower case

That would run them around $650-700 and perform identically in games. She could pull her old mechanical drive (even if it's from a laptop) and re-use it as storage.

You could drop down even further on the processor side and save another $100-130 off that with an i3-4xxx for perfectly acceptable performance in almost all current games since most don't take advantage of more than 2 cores.

The credit advice I gave though, seriously, make sure they take that to heart. It's easy to do, just tell them to take baby steps with clearing outstanding stuff. In the end for such little effort, it will make their future immensely less limited and stressful.
    no its ok ive read topics like this popping up alot
    im not in need of a New PC i can build up mine and pay

Rather than financing, what a friend of mine has done in the past is just buy one part at a time when he can. Start with a case, then add a montherboard next month...so on and so forth. Other than the CPU and GPU, most individual pieces are less than or around $100. You get better parts and spend less then financing through one of those types of sites. Once someone is already partially invested, they tend to be able to save money better for the rest of the parts as well.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Without regards to credit scores, Newegg.com has a zero percent financing option depending on order totals, for 6 months to a year.

http://promotions.newegg.com/Newegg/PA110708/index.html

It's 25.99% if you fail to pay before the zero percent term is up, which applies to the entire amount. Just FYI and a WARNING.

Deleted
    Your friend doesn't sound like the smartest cookie.
    If he can't afford to buy his pc then he really shouldn't be taking out credit to get one.
    Recommend getting better friends tbh.

Deleted
    If he can't afford it, don't buy it! Only retards buy on credit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Rather than financing, what a friend of mine has done in the past is just buy one part at a time when he can. Start with a case, then add a montherboard next month...so on and so forth. Other than the CPU and GPU, most individual pieces are less than or around $100. You get better parts and spend less then financing through one of those types of sites. Once someone is already partially invested, they tend to be able to save money better for the rest of the parts as well.
    The problem with this method is parts could be defective and you wouldn't know till after the return period expires and in some cases the manufacturers warranty. Always buy enough parts that you can test everything out.