Thread: holy question

holy question

hello:

Just came back to the game and want to heal with my paladin. I would like to know how to aoe heal as a paladin. I've read a bunch of guides and I cant seem to get the answer. HR is too expensive to cast it a lot so I can only use HS to generate holy power to be able to use EF on multiple targets.

thanks in advance
    Last edited by campero; 2015-04-04 at 08:34 AM.

There not much out there, i have a raid UI addon that allows me to check when 5-6 people are grouped and are missing around 10-15k hp, only then is when i AOE heal, and even then, maybe 1-2 HR followed by HS for the Daylight proc.
    Overall Hpa AOE healing is lack luster, Holy Prism is usually around 12-15% of my healing.

Here is my Heroic blast furnace, which is a very aoe heavy fight, and u can check to see what i did.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&source=47

Logs are a very helpful tool when looking up answers.
    Last edited by pantong51; 2015-04-05 at 08:02 AM.

Hey, and what's this raid UI addon? Would be really helpful.

I use Vuhdo. Takes a little bit to setup. But worth the time. I recommend looking up some videos for config

HR is expensive but when you get enough spirit you can cast it more freely. Fortunately there are a lot of stack fights in BRF where it's pretty useful. You don't want to use it ALL the time but when there are big aoe bursts it's actually quite nice to cast HR > HR > Flash (if glyphed) > Holy Shock

that combo is a decent burst assuming you glyph flash which you should. 10% increased Daybreaks actually add up.

Also, don't be afraid to cast Light of Dawn, while it was once pretty weak, it's now actually decent since they hotfixed it to be functional with crit/multi (2 top stats for Holy)

Another tip I can give is to glyph avenging wrath with sanctified wrath talent once you get higher tiers of gear. Having a 1.5 min wings with 50% increased heal + 10% haste/crit is actually really strong, the loss from regular wings is negligible if you factor in mostly overheal and increased gear levels.
    Last edited by meroko; 2015-04-05 at 07:22 AM.

Multi is not a top stat for Holy, unless u unglyph Wings, even then, it becomes SLIGHTLY better then haste. Haste is still alot better outside wings.
    Crit >Haste ~ Mastery > Multi ~ vers

LoD with Teir is amazing, Free 80k heal is nice.

HR is a bit expensive,
    (HR+HR+HS+EF) VS (HS+HL+HL)x3+EF in Effective healing, not HPS

344% more mana to produce 234% more healing. It will NEVER be mana efficient to cast HR, but if you EVER HAVE MANA LEFT you are misusing mana anyway.
    http://holybouch.com/2015/03/14/holy...e-of-the-time/

now that im able to link logs...
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&source=83
    11 LoD for near 1mil healing is very nice.
    Last edited by pantong51; 2015-04-05 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pantong51 View Post
    Multi is not a top stat for Holy, unless u unglyph Wings, even then, it becomes SLIGHTLY better then haste. Haste is still alot better outside wings.
    yeah sorry I didn't mean it was THE top stat with crit, just meant it's on a lot of gear we use and having it work with Light of Dawn is really really nice.

Agreed. Tier made the class a bit more fun even if I hate RNG for healers

Are there any other healing mods that would work to show when people are grouped appropriately?