Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I love destro, but I'm feeling pretty awful at the moment. I need more personally crafted gear, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    After some Mythic, I'd say Destruction is VERY good in any encounter where you have priority targets you need to kill.

For example, one Destruction Warlock focusing on spears is 80% off what you need to keep Spears under control for Beastlord.

Destruction is also great Siegemaker killer and so on.

Does this necessarily result in top damage done? No, but your contribution is very important.

Deleted
    From what I've seen, Destruction is the best single target spec and Demo is the best AoE. Most Destruction Warlock I have seen have been topping everything

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatPaladinRhiya View Post
    From what I've seen, Destruction is the best single target spec and Demo is the best AoE. Most Destruction Warlock I have seen have been topping everything
    then the demolocks you've seen must have been pretty damn bad. atm demo is the best at everything, it has by far the best toolkit for brf, not saying that destro doesnt shine, destro has its fights where it can do well, but demo is just that much better atm. you have very little reason to be destro as demo can do everything equally well if not better.

Deleted
    Destruction is fine when you are 700+ item level, same single target as demo (probably more actually, but its very close)

Better Prolonged AoE than demo, but ofc you wont beat the 5 second i win window that carries demo and makes it look like its amazing on fights like thogar.

Mobility is honestly not horrendous if you get used to it, but demo has the clear advantage here.

Destruction's main selling point is that it has flexibility in how you spend your embers so you can 'hold' your very reliable single target burst for an extremely long time and game havoc for extra damage on prio targets in burn windows (Primal ele / Siegemaker 1 and 2 on mythic blackhand if you are assigned to them / insert any random burn target from this tier)

Deleted
    [QUOTE=AjayxD;33108163]This is a horrible statement, destro is epic for killing the pillars to, its aoe is amazing but it doesnt mean you have to use it, most of the time it can actually kill people, but Pillar / Hand damage is really good imo and boss damage is fine to especially during frenzy.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/CRAGNP7cB1m34WxK#fight=28&type=damage-done&target=146&pins=2%24Off%24%23244F4B%24expression%24effectivedamage+%3E+'1'

Thats pillar damage from my last kill, you can check hand / boss / frenzy ofc to.

Destruction is more than viable for mythic raiding atm.

If you think destro Wins the "pillar-fight" on Kromog you dont even know what youre doing... To make the Pillar damage comparable to a Demo you got to have atleast the 4pc procc + Gorens up so the Havoc Chaosbolts do some damage which leeds to not Sustain DPS ...

And at last 2,2M is an pretty average amount of damage i always do on the pillars as a DEMO

for example: warcraftlogs.com/reports/vtW4qwVrm3L9nxNh#fight=26&type=damage-done&target=142

Destro is pretty much trash in Most cases the only boss i think about playing destro is Blackhand cause for its passiv tank damage nobody has worry about anymore..

Deleted
    You forgot the effective damage filter, but 2.12 is reasonable for pillars, but i dont really see why that makes destro bad?

And no offense, but telling me i dont know what im doing is a good joke^^

IMO there is a big difference between total pillar dmg, and individual pillar dmg.

In Ahrix example, overall damage was great, but if it was not for the Enh sham raping that 3rd pillar, the raid would likely not have made the dps check on it. This is where I feel Demo is stronger, despite destro being able to do more overall pillar dmg with havoc cleave, as DB can pump out 1m in the ~10s window you have to kill it.

if your raid has good burst classes for the 3rd pillar, destro overall is probably the best choice. If your raid is lacking classes that can burst like that, Demo DB is very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    IMO there is a big difference between total pillar dmg, and individual pillar dmg.

In Ahrix example, overall damage was great, but if it was not for the Enh sham raping that 3rd pillar, the raid would likely not have made the dps check on it. This is where I feel Demo is stronger, despite destro being able to do more overall pillar dmg with havoc cleave, as DB can pump out 1m in the ~10s window you have to kill it.

if your raid has good burst classes for the 3rd pillar, destro overall is probably the best choice. If your raid is lacking classes that can burst like that, Demo DB is very strong.
    What an ironic argument. You state that the overall damage was great but the individual wasn't that good. This is generally false as both destro warlocks were 2nd and 3rd for one of the pillars (only lost to an arcane mage) in each set of 3 while doing meaningful damage to the other ones. Then you follow-up that argument in saying that the enh shaman carried the group on the 3rd pillar and the warlocks sucked at it, but the warlocks weren't even Destro for that log as your argument would suggest. In addition its probably highly likely that Ahrix was told to not focus or really even attack the 3rd pillar directly because they had an enhance shaman and a boomkin who were able to handle the majority of the 3rd pillar themselves.

You make a very good point that Demo DB is a very strong choice, but only if you are assigned to be one of the burst classes on the 3rd pillar. However, I do not believe that CR Destro with DS up and 4 embers is likely to do much less than Demo DB with DS up on the 3rd pillar (both Destro locks did 700k to the 2nd pillar). Additionally CR Destro suffers no penalty by doing AoE on the Hands (obliterating them) as I come out with full embers each time just from Shadowburning the remaining hands whereas DB Demo can't afford to spend fury and just hellfires with HoGs running.

DB certainly has that small niche, but I don't believe it can really compare to CR Destro in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by MycantrumX View Post
    What an ironic argument. You state that the overall damage was great but the individual wasn't that good. This is generally false as both destro warlocks were 2nd and 3rd for one of the pillars (only lost to an arcane mage) in each set of 3 while doing meaningful damage to the other ones. Then you follow-up that argument in saying that the enh shaman carried the group on the 3rd pillar and the warlocks sucked at it, but the warlocks weren't even Destro for that log as your argument would suggest. In addition its probably highly likely that Ahrix was told to not focus or really even attack the 3rd pillar directly because they had an enhance shaman and a boomkin who were able to handle the majority of the 3rd pillar themselves.
    My point was specifically to highlight individual pillar dmg vs overall and how spec choice would depend on what your assignment was and what your raid needs. I know that Ahrix did no dmg to the 3rd pillar, and from my exp in the fight I also know this is because he is specifically not assigned to it. I was not trying to say he did not do well, in any way. Apologies to him if it read that way.

When I was testing talents in our progression, Servitude just didn't have the burst to put out 1m dmg in the ~10 window you have to kill it. Pillar 1 and pillar 2 are up significantly longer than the last one. more time for pet to attack, more time for dots to tick, more time to build and spend above your initial 4 banked embers, more time to cast period. My mention of the Enh Sham was to illustrate how important it is for whoever is assigned to the 3rd pillar to pump out the dmg in a very short window. I probably could have worded it better.

I was not trying to say one spec is better than the other... just that different specs excel in different ways. Most raids don't have problems with hands dmg with a boomkin or Dk, so while destro is stronger here, I don't particularly find it a strength.. unless your specific raid requires it. I would agree that Destro would not be far behind for 3rd pillar burst, and arguably while it does not have as high of a ceiling, its consistent reliable dmg since there is no crit rng.
    Last edited by Soulzar; 2015-05-05 at 07:47 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is GSR absolutely mandatory for CR Destro?

Deleted
    Because Chaos bolt deals 70% + of your damage^^

Quote Originally Posted by nsgid View Post
    Why is GSR absolutely mandatory for CR Destro?
    A crit proc is essentially +%damage done on Chaos Bolt, which is all you'll be casting during procs. The crit proc is simply the most powerful trinket proc in BRF for Destro since the alternatives are Haste and Multistrike, which aren't nearly as consistent for providing bonus damage for Chaos Bolt. On top of that Crit will synergize with 4pc procs, while Haste and MS won't which makes it that much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    After some Mythic, I'd say Destruction is VERY good in any encounter where you have priority targets you need to kill.

For example, one Destruction Warlock focusing on spears is 80% off what you need to keep Spears under control for Beastlord.

Destruction is also great Siegemaker killer and so on.

Does this necessarily result in top damage done? No, but your contribution is very important.
    Is your contribution really important here?
    Hunters/mages/spriests/boomkins can do what warlocks do and top damage. If by important you mean non-negligible, yeah everyones contribution is important. If a specs niches are fulfilled and they don't do top damage. That spec is underpowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Ahrix;33638285]
    Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    This is a horrible statement, destro is epic for killing the pillars to, its aoe is amazing but it doesnt mean you have to use it, most of the time it can actually kill people, but Pillar / Hand damage is really good imo and boss damage is fine to especially during frenzy.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/CRAGNP7cB1m34WxK#fight=28&type=damage-done&target=146&pins=2%24Off%24%23244F4B%24expression%24effectivedamage+%3E+'1'

Thats pillar damage from my last kill, you can check hand / boss / frenzy ofc to.

Destruction is more than viable for mythic raiding atm.

If you think destro Wins the "pillar-fight" on Kromog you dont even know what youre doing... To make the Pillar damage comparable to a Demo you got to have atleast the 4pc procc + Gorens up so the Havoc Chaosbolts do some damage which leeds to not Sustain DPS ...

And at last 2,2M is an pretty average amount of damage i always do on the pillars as a DEMO

for example: warcraftlogs.com/reports/vtW4qwVrm3L9nxNh#fight=26&type=damage-done&target=142

Destro is pretty much trash in Most cases the only boss i think about playing destro is Blackhand cause for its passiv tank damage nobody has worry about anymore..
    top keks m8

I recently got my 4 piece, and while its a slight improvement, I'm still fairly low on the dps meters. I use to top them in Pandaland as destro. I think the problem vs Demo is that Demo has more sources of damage. Corruption, Doom, Hand, soulfire or shadowbolt, Pet. Destro you have Chaos bolt, immolate, and while incinerate is part of it, the 50% reduction in damage via CR is too much and does not compare.

One of the problems I have seen is gear based. Our best trinkets are procs that are not able to be reliably predicted. If they were triggered, the dps would be higher spikes and the average would be better. As it is, between two trinket procs, ring proc, 4 piece set, 2 piece set randomly giving you faster embers, the best i can do is when my 4 piece goes off, fill my embers then hit dark soul and pot if available and do 4 CB's. The 4 piece bonus should give you a window of time where your Chaos bolts to multistrike instead of just 1.

The 6.2 set bonuses look rather sucky. 25% more damage to incinerate is probably not going to save us and a random emberless CB probably isnt all that helpful since it throws off our cooldowns or puts the extra bolt outside the 10 second window.

Deleted
    The 25% damage to incinerate is the pvp 4 set.

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Armor Sets
    PvP 4-piece set bonus for Destruction Warlocks has been redesigned. It now causes Incinerate to deal 25% more damage on targets affected by the Warlock's Immolate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played it for the first time in ages last night since we're about to start on Kromog, and it seemed pretty solid; just tricky with a lot of movement, I don't think it's compensated enough for that immobility in the same way Arcane very much is.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2015-05-12 at 12:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Played it for the first time in ages last night since we're about to start on Kromog, and it seemed pretty solid; just tricky with a lot of movement, I don't think it's compensated enough for that immobility in the same way Arcane very much is.
    There actually isnt much movement except for the pillar phase, this is where we have our hunters use fox so the movement isnt much of an issue especially when you can SB+havoc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graphix View Post
    There actually isnt much movement except for the pillar phase, this is where we have our hunters use fox so the movement isnt much of an issue especially when you can SB+havoc.
    Yeah, I meant in general really. Will see how we go, on vacation for the next couple of weeks now.