Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    It's 75% off. 500 gems for the upgrade.
    And there goes my money.

I'd love to try out Revenant, as I'm probably going to roll one as my main.

$10 for this game is a fucking steal.

eh I think I'll pass on the deluxe upgrade for real money. I have no interest in those ugly ugly armor sets (the power ranger cloth one is just NO) and the elite is useless and a 2 week golem banker? I thought it was permanent :'(
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    eh I think I'll pass on the deluxe upgrade for real money. I have no interest in those ugly ugly armor sets (the power ranger cloth one is just NO) and the elite is useless and a 2 week golem banker? I thought it was permanent :'(
    It's only good for the rytlock mini pet and the armor skin (the heavy and medium ones are decent imo). But yeah that light armor...yuck. Even moreso since I play Charr toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    It's only good for the rytlock mini pet and the armor skin (the heavy and medium ones are decent imo). But yeah that light armor...yuck. Even moreso since I play Charr toons.
    DUDE did you just..... do you not know me? THE FUCK

THE FUCK IS THE PROBLEM AND ANET AND CLOTH ARMOR. They make some of the most fugly ass cloth armor FOR MALES. Females? Gorgeous. Males? FUCKING WHAT. They spend extra time developing cloth armor for each gender and male looks like some fucking fugly ass throw a way last minute shit while female gets all the detail. Fucking pheonix armor for example... like why? Why would you make it so different for genders? Fucking heavy armor doesn't get this shit so why the fuck.

FUCK ANET AND THEIR SEXIST ASSES LRNHOW2MAKEGOODARMORFUCK

I'm just so glad I'm maining revenant so I don't have to deal with this cloth armor bull shit anymore. Fucking 3 years and Anet can't make ONE SET for male cloth that isn't completely garbage.
    Last edited by zito; 2015-04-12 at 02:10 AM.

Deleted
    Fucking heavy armor doesn't get this shit so why the fuck.
    may I introduce you to phalanx armor?

male

female

although I think male gets the better version in this one

On the other hand, it can be difficult to find female armors that aren't all swimsuit based. Boob windows everywhere!

Not to mention Asura/ Charr only having one set, which almost never take into account Asuran ears or Charr horns/tail. Sure Arah Heavy is best for Asura, and Medium Charr is just great, but I"m not building characters just for that. (Mostly because I rarely dungeon, not because I'm adverse to another couple alts...)
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

While heavy does have this, it's not as much as cloth and the male versions look good, detailed, like they were worked on. Male cloth? Looks like something they did last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    -snip-
    Interesting how the devs invest SO MUCH TIME, EFFORT, AND RESOURCES to make two completely different models (of one set) for males and females, with ladies getting the skimpy version. Hmph!

Just saying; they do go to great lengths to give ladies the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Interesting how the devs invest SO MUCH TIME, EFFORT, AND RESOURCES to make two completely different models (of one set) for males and females, with ladies getting the skimpy version. Hmph!

Just saying; they do go to great lengths to give ladies the skin.
    It's almost as if that's often times some of the most popular armor worn in MMO's or something : P

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's almost as if that's often times some of the most popular armor worn in MMO's or something : P
    It's as almost if Anet isn't known for breaking the mold for traditional popular MMOs that have said armor.

But more accurately why males are left in the dust is unacceptable.

DUDE did you just..... do you not know me? THE FUCK

THE FUCK IS THE PROBLEM AND ANET AND CLOTH ARMOR. They make some of the most fugly ass cloth armor FOR MALES. Females? Gorgeous. Males? FUCKING WHAT. They spend extra time developing cloth armor for each gender and male looks like some fucking fugly ass throw a way last minute shit while female gets all the detail. Fucking pheonix armor for example... like why? Why would you make it so different for genders? Fucking heavy armor doesn't get this shit so why the fuck.

FUCK ANET AND THEIR SEXIST ASSES LRNHOW2MAKEGOODARMORFUCK

I'm just so glad I'm maining revenant so I don't have to deal with this cloth armor bull shit anymore. Fucking 3 years and Anet can't make ONE SET for male cloth that isn't completely garbage.
    Lulz. If you think the hideousness of male light armor in this game eluded me...big mistake. Seeing that I primarily play Charr, it's exacerbated even moreso. Not only is the t3 cultural light armor meh looking, but OUR TAILS CLIP THROUGH IT. I can forgive this a little with non race specific armor sets, but our own cultural? Not to mention t1 and t2 don't have this issue. For even more salt in the wound, none of the medium and heavy charr cultural sets have that issue.

Needless to say I went with the heavy armor set when it came time to buy a t3 set for the title.

Aww man, you guys mentioned light armor to Zito. NEVER mention how light armor looks to Zito... you might as well say Voldemort while you're at it!

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Aww man, you guys mentioned light armor to Zito. NEVER mention how light armor looks to Zito... you might as well say Voldemort while you're at it!
    My rants about male light armor are not legendary enough

I think the whole problem with armor is that it's extremely limited as a concept. Male armor is expected to look a certain way. I would prefer it if they started adding other in combat options. Think army uniform, mobster clothes, etc. Presently, the only male armor that looks like armor is the heavy stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    So when the patch goes live tomorrow, you can play the Stronghold beta on the live servers just by queueing up for Unranked. Will run for 24 hours from Noon Pacific.
    Valar morghulis

Can't wait to try it, alas my timezone conversions suck, so no idea when it goes up in EU (GMT+1 Amsterdam) time

ANet doesn't really have a set patch schedule anyways. It's 'eh, when we get to it'. But on the upside, they don't have daily or weekly maintenance, either, so...

Pacific US time is Eastern US time -3. Eastern US time is GMT -5. So Pacific US time is GMT -8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Can't wait to try it, alas my timezone conversions suck, so no idea when it goes up in EU (GMT+1 Amsterdam) time
    Ikwym, timezones drive me crazy too. Thankfully someone made a countdown timer

- - - Updated - - -

If you haven't seen it, here is the guide to Stronghold:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/ready-up-episode-31-summary-your-guide-to-getting-started-in-stronghold/
    Valar morghulis