well, fml i guess ill be going back to demonbolt as it the only thing that havent been nerfed this time because i love the mobility of demo and want to enjoy it as much as possible.

if its really as bad as some people in this thread imagine it to be, then most likely its time to switch to destro/affli i lean toward destro, i like the cleave, the burst and the execute.
    BETA CLUB

Deleted
    its the first iteration of a patch that wont be released for another 2-3 months and the sky is already falling, gotta love the lock forums.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    its the first iteration of a patch that wont be released for another 2-3 months and the sky is already falling, gotta love the lock forums.
    Because we said the same thing about RoF and DB nerfs, and they went unchanged and now neither spell is used.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    Unlike other classes, where it just takes a little whining to get the nerfs nearly undone, with warlocks it actually takes more than just warlocks to whine about the unjustified nerfs. Like at launch. Locks were such garbage, that even other classes were wondering what the fuck. And now, after this 25% across the board on SINGLE target for warlocks ONLY competent single target, even other classes are wondering wtf is up blizzard's ass on this one.

They do not listen to us. They truly dont.

Deleted
    I've played a lock since TBC, but it's just no fun any more. The removal of spells and the constant nerfs have become tiresome. The developers at Bliz must be either incompetent or stupid. PVP on a lock is so pathetic these days I just don't bother with it, and PVE isn't much better.

Been playing a hunter mostly but my heart's not in it. WOD very disappointing, particularly lack of new PVP content (Ashran a rather bad joke), the profession changes, and the whole garrison grind. I could have put up with this had my lock been competitive and fun to play.

When my sub runs out next month I don't plan to renew.
    Last edited by mmocf945c95b4b; 2015-04-15 at 06:56 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I'm just going to get my tanks killed by archimonde, maybe he will treat me right

I'm confused about this PTR nerf. I understand it's PTR and things can change but this much of a nerf to SB, SF and HoG is ridiculous! If AoE damage is trying to be balanced why nerf SB and SF? Playing on the PTR last night I noticed that my SB was hitting for about 7.5k non-crit. I guess this is what we get for new demon models. =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swimister View Post
    I'm confused about this PTR nerf. I understand it's PTR and things can change but this much of a nerf to SB, SF and HoG is ridiculous! If AoE damage is trying to be balanced why nerf SB and SF? Playing on the PTR last night I noticed that my SB was hitting for about 7.5k non-crit. I guess this is what we get for new demon models. =(
    Maybe a demo warlock killed holinka when he was afk. (I understand this isn't holinkas doing (

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotrunner View Post
    Maybe the demonology nerf on the PTR is there, so Blizzard can ''force'' warlocks to try out the other 2 spec.. Or maybe im just dreaming.. Really hope those aint comming close to hit live.
    We already did that at the start of this expansion during Highmaul.

warlocks arent OP, we dont want more nerf's to our class blizzard!!!!

Darksoul RESET AT END OF RAID ENCOUNTERS YES ERMAHFUCKINGOD!

I'm not even kidding, finally.

Best news of the day I was worried there would be nerfs to other classes. Then they reverted the massive monk nerfs to 5%. Demo..totally fine on those 25% nerfs. I love it. But we got a fix that we should have had when everyone else got theirs. But I am amped to not have to worry about my DS being up on time. I was scared for a second that I might get to play one spec for longer than a Tier at a time. A little consistency is nice.

Proof they are destroying warlocks on purpose, Zarhym mocking us on the official forums.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8281?page=2#28

Deliciouswarlocktears.psd

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The reason demo is getting nerfed is because they are looking at its damage once it has the spec trinket and 4 piece set. I counter that nerfing a spec based on what it could have is rediculous.

Look at it this way, add in 4 piece, add in trinket bonus (perhaps misquoted at pet(*pets) does 5,000% more damage) and then the wandering buff of the legendary ring and you have some massive damage potential.

The natural solution would be not not put insane bonuses on those items but in this case they choose to pre-nerf it to which I say get your items on destro and then switch back to demo.
    These sort of statements couldn't be further from the truth. No set bonus and trinket combination will give any class or spec such a huge boost that every single ability needs a 25% damage reduction plus a base reduction to the effectiveness of our main stat. Especially when no set bonuses have even been announced, things like that 5000% buff to pet damage was pulled from data mining and is an obvious place holder.

Doom Bolt from using DS already hits for 34k+ average, even with those nerfs a proc for a 5000% damage increase would nearly 1 shot bosses. Even a 20k Doom Bolt with a 5000% damage increase would hit for 100,000,000 damage. Maybe the nerf to the effectiveness may have something to do with whatever that buff will end up being, but the 25% nerf to nearly every single one of our spells is nothing but punitive on the part of some developer that hates Warlocks.
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2015-04-16 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Proof they are destroying warlocks on purpose, Zarhym mocking us on the official forums.

His post has nothing to do with any Warlock nerfs/changes. It's because the guy he quoted in response was a Warlock who just said to rename the copy/pasta texture files. If it was posted on any other class it would have been insertclasstears.psd

Anyway, 6.2 will be fun ....except if they make it so you have to be timing your ring usages to be within 20yds so you get it to hit the mobs/boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Darksoul RESET AT END OF RAID ENCOUNTERS YES ERMAHFUCKINGOD!

I'm not even kidding, finally.
    Well this makes up to the 25% nerf to Demo

*sigh*
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post

These sort of statements couldn't be further from the truth. No set bonus and trinket combination will give any class or spec such a huge boost that every single ability needs a 25% damage reduction plus a base reduction to the effectiveness of our main stat. Especially when no set bonuses have even been announced, things like that 5000% buff to pet damage was pulled from data mining and is an obvious place holder.

Doom Bolt from using DS already hits for 34k+ average, even with those nerfs a proc for a 5000% damage increase would nearly 1 shot bosses. Even a 20k Doom Bolt with a 5000% damage increase would hit for 100,000,000 damage. Maybe the nerf to the effectiveness may have something to do with whatever that buff will end up being, but the 25% nerf to nearly every single one of our spells is nothing but punitive on the part of some developer that hates Warlocks.

Yeah, professionalism and maturity isn't something they are known for and, luckily for them, they work in a position where they can do whatever they want and get away with it without consequences. Any other business and they'd be on the streets.

It seems they have not learned their lesson about not revolving spell powers around trinkets. So now you need to be full raid geared to be "viable" -- so screw those fresh 100's or those that don't raid. Yes, let us discourage the newer warlocks who enjoy a particular spec -- and further, mock them and consciously show them you laugh at their reactions. I'm sure Zarhym is *great* at parties, alone in his corner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by count zero View Post
    well this makes up to the 25% nerf to demo

*sigh*
    warlocks back on top!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    His post has nothing to do with any Warlock nerfs/changes. It's because the guy he quoted in response was a Warlock who just said to rename the copy/pasta texture files. If it was posted on any other class it would have been insertclasstears.psd

Anyway, 6.2 will be fun ....except if they make it so you have to be timing your ring usages to be within 20yds so you get it to hit the mobs/boss.
    From what I understand they kind of expect a melee to trigger the rings for DPS and since they are always close to the targets anyway the range won't actually matter. In solo or small group use though we'll have to get within 20 yards of our target after those 15 seconds of the buff are up. It's a nice idea, but it will get pretty trolly in LFR and Worldbosses and things like that.

For what it's worth I'd rather have a ring effect I can fully control myself. There's no fun in other people deciding when the best time to use the ring is.

Seems the massive demo nerfs were most likely a result of the insane synergy DS/Goserv has with the updated legendary ring. You would think they would adjust the ring rather than make a spec useless without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post

The way the ring works is 1 person can activate it for every single person that wears the ring, then after the duration everyone procs an explosion through the person that activated the rings. The explosion damage comes from one person, but each contribution to the explosion is credited to each person with a ring. So in reality, you'd probably just have a melee dps proc the ring