Deleted
    That trinket will never go live the way it is on the PTR, its crazy over budget so i would expect it to out perform the archi trinket in its current state, but i can imagine destruction feels so much smoother with higher crit ratings from the trinket, its a pity that CR is the only current way to play the spec though because it will get VERY hectic with trinket (stacked) + raid buffed crit + thunderlord + dark soul, but have to wait and see i guess.

Deleted
    Did like 5 test, this is the most avg. i got, if you get real lucky you can get way better uptime.
    also no bloodlust to keep dark soul rolling + 300 ms lag.

op or balanced? not sure how good other classes will get but if we get to standstill and dps. it can be really out of the world

(new 4 set + achimonde trinket)

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Indeed!

Link: http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=124232/i...s=567#comments

Nothing about the trinket indicates it should be a healer trinket. Let DPS bonus roll please!
    Have you guys reported that? It is a shame not to be able to coin for it.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Have you guys reported that? It is a shame not to be able to coin for it.
    I would if I could. Still can't login to the PTR since Tuesday. Had them clear the PTR account and everything, and I still can't login. Something about a potential wrong region or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone provide verification on the two bugs I just reported with regards to the Archi trinket for Destruction?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17345676807

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Jet,
    Is the DF generation from the trinket enough to offset the 25-28% beatdown demo took or is it just too much? Since the rest of the spec got nerfed down to demonbolt is it reasonable to think a dbolt/syn build would be the new option if we had UVLS levels of DF to spend? Its the only way I can see the spec having a chance. Also with the specific nerfs to HoG's dot damage do we just chaoswave now? I can only imagne how fubar the APL would/will be for demo come 6.2.

I really hope they tinker with things for affliction between the archi trinket and the T18 set bonuses so they are more synergistic than working against one another. Since we are likely to be forced into a aff/dest setup its reasonable to think we would go for a full 4pc during progression when gear is tight. Sure you can build seprate sets later when farming but when it counts most you shouldn't need 2x gearsets to play competitively.

How did destro feel with the trinket and the stacking crit debuff? Yeah I saw the chaosbolt spam from amazing RNG but in a more practical sense is it even worth it since it doesn't impact chaosbolt (CR's biggest damage source by far). Non CR destro even an option? We back to sup/dserv destro if we use the archi trinket?
    The 4pc just doesn't work at all right now so it's hard to say. It was on the lower end, probably around destruction if you didn't use the insanely OP trinket. I think for the nerfs to get offset the 4pc demon needs to be hitting close to the amount of a regular pet, so my guess is that it will probably won't be that good. I originally wanted to test demonbolt but tried out Serv/GoServ and didn't care to do anything more after I found out the 4pc stopped working. The amount of imps, MC procs, and fury gen is sorta reminiscent of UVLS but since the 2pc demands so many soul fires to maintain and build new stacks on demons its hard to say.

Destro with the crit trinket was absolutely awful, I have just stopped using it all together. It doesn't buff chaos bolt so it's useless and playing CR and trying to keep up that buff is easy but very annoying since you are using your filler a lot less. Also, 4pc RNG is all over the place I did a lot of pulls outside that screen shot and I've never seen more than 1 on the opener after I had that pull with 3 straight 4pc procs.

I think Non CR destro is only way to really use the Arch Trinket but the set bonuses favor CR so much that I don't see it being enough to make the other options good.

Also Aff set bonuses currently are retarded OP single target. Had a 1 minute long Dark Soul on quite a few pulls. 80-90% uptime on Haunt on 5+ minute pulls is really insane. Can you imagine if they never nerfed it?
    Last edited by Jetjaguar; 2015-05-15 at 09:50 AM.

Finally set up my live UI on ptr and had a go with Demo

first of all there are 2 bugs going on:

- 4 piece doesn't work (i'm using 2P of t17 & 2P of T18 atm)
    - Class specific trinket also has the affliction effect on demo atm (when i equip it, my Corruption & Doom debuffs are reduced by the trinket amount, no idea if it increases its dmg as well, haven't checked)

Not gonna comment on how much less damage Demo does atm as we all know it ain't looking good but omg the feel of the spec is so great with this trinket. You have so much soul fires to spend and freedom to pop in & out demon form. Even on single target you receive so much fury from all the imps and and I also did a session on the 3 cleave-boss dummies in orgrimmar. Man you're SWIMMING in fury on multiple targets. at some point i was not using Shadowbolt anymore cause I was fury capping and even had to go to ToC & SF spam (for an extended time) to not cap out & lose my corruption on multiple targets (ALTOUGH the reduced duration on corruption made this quite mandatory cause of the trinket, I'd guess it'll be a bit better once they fix that)

Now that I could play it, i'm even more bumbed out I'll probably have to play affli/destro, Cause yea, you miss the 3 HoG's but nevertheless it plays very smoothly (both in Serv/Serv & Syn/cata)
    Last edited by gruxxar; 2015-05-15 at 11:06 AM.
    made by Shyama

Deleted
    The sad thing is hat6.2 and the gear would probably be terrifically fun and engaging to play with by far the most interesting mechanics

But sad because nerf hammering it into he ground means most people will just play affliction r destruction which remain unchanged except dps wise, with aff having theusual dull as dishwater "RNG dot extension" type bonuses and you'll still just be refreshing three dots, a 30 second buff and channeling drain soul

ps for the love of god mmo champ get rid of whatever background running crap you've got on these pages that randomly slow typing down to a crawl

Destro CR with the 2p is very fun. It feels very fast paced and engaging. Quick to build and even quicker to dump. No longer are you going to get a drink while you cast your CB's. I really enjoyed it. Opening burst is sexy, sustained is sexy, and I felt sexy. though, Casting Immolate seems... like a waste. even if its not really a waste. I guess its just the feeling of not getting half an ember when it hits, like conflag or Incin.

F&B with 1s CB casts is.. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Jet,
    Is the DF generation from the trinket enough to offset the 25-28% beatdown demo took or is it just too much? Since the rest of the spec got nerfed down to demonbolt is it reasonable to think a dbolt/syn build would be the new option if we had UVLS levels of DF to spend? Its the only way I can see the spec having a chance.
    Interestingly enough, on my limited Shat dummy testing, DemonBolt came out well ahead of my tests with Sup/Servitude. I did not test Serv/Serv at all.. My tests were ~5 mins long each. I was using the 690 Mastery/Int proc trinket, which has an absurdly high uptime, perhaps what was propping DB up so much. I will have to test Serv/Serv, since while I thought GoSup would scale better with our 2p, without Doomguard 10m or Service call, just has no burst out of the gate which could still be skewing a 5m test.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruxa View Post
    first of all there are 2 bugs going on:

- 4 piece doesn't work (i'm using 2P of t17 & 2P of T18 atm)
    - Class specific trinket also has the affliction effect on demo atm (when i equip it, my Corruption & Doom debuffs are reduced by the trinket amount, no idea if it increases its dmg as well, haven't checked)

Not gonna comment on how much less damage Demo does atm as we all know it ain't looking good but omg the feel of the spec is so great with this trinket.
    Yes, the feel of demo is great! I love the imps everywhere and the fury gen and MC procs that comes with them. I can understand a bit why they've scaled it back so much, our Meta uptime is hugely increased. It will still need to go up, but the flow of play feels very good.

I never noticed a decreased duration on Doom or Corruption. Perhaps this only happens if your talented Affliction as a spec.. or don't unequip between spec changes. I did def notice that the 4p is broken. Aside from the Summoned Minions missing all their attacks, the 4p either has a 3-5m internal cooldown, or the 30% proc rate on a MC proc is not working as intended. In most of my 5m tests I only ever saw one 4p proc.
    Last edited by Soulzar; 2015-05-15 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapelusz View Post
    Tried it on the 3 target dummies in Shattrath, good damage but holy shit you are recasting so much you almost never get to cast drain soul. Add another target and you will never cast anything but dots and sbhaunts.
    Looking at how the new set up works with tier and trinket and thinking it maybe worth it to just keep dots up on two targets to make sure you dont have any drop off and get more ticks of drain soul in. Missing old SB-SS atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Interestingly enough, on my limited Shat dummy testing, DemonBolt came out well ahead of my tests with Sup/Servitude. I did not test Serv/Serv at all.. My tests were ~5 mins long each. I was using the 690 Mastery/Int proc trinket, which has an absurdly high uptime, perhaps what was propping DB up so much. I will have to test Serv/Serv, since while I thought GoSup would scale better with our 2p, without Doomguard 10m or Service call, just has no burst out of the gate which could still be skewing a 5m test.
    I noticed as well that Int proc trinket procs alot more than it advertises. It does seem weird that Dbolt comes ahead for you, all bonuses point towards pet dmg so next to the serious fury buff I really cannot see how Dbolt would be on top.
    For now i'm sticking with ServServ. I'm an Orc so i got a 2min cd extra to line up with and on top of that there is also an On Use trinket (Intuition's Gift) which is godsend for demo if you ask me. The trinket was originally appointed to Healers so in order to buy it on the PTR , set your vendor setting to "all" instead of "warlock". Not sure if they're gonna keep it like this, because atm we're not able to view it in the loot tables as a warlock, which means we can't coin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Yes, the feel of demo is great! I love the imps everywhere and the fury gen and MC procs that comes with them. I can understand a bit why they've scaled it back so much, our Meta uptime is hugely increased. It will still need to go up, but the flow of play feels very good.

I never noticed a decreased duration on Doom or Corruption. Perhaps this only happens if your talented Affliction as a spec.. or don't unequip between spec changes. I did def notice that the 4p is broken. Aside from the Summoned Minions missing all their attacks, the 4p either has a 3-5m internal cooldown, or the 30% proc rate on a MC proc is not working as intended. In most of my 5m tests I only ever saw one 4p proc.
    Well my loot specialization is set to current. I can't imagine i'm the only one where this issue arises. Whenever i equip it in my demo spec, the tooltip of my corruption changes and I definately notice it in my rotation (fml it's quite annoying on 3 targets to keep, this thing will be a nightmare for multitarget for affli)

EDIT:

On a Sidenote, how awesome are these Archimonde Cloth only drops ?! I'm so gonna rock this
    Last edited by gruxxar; 2015-05-15 at 05:20 PM.
    made by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Looking at how the new set up works with tier and trinket and thinking it maybe worth it to just keep dots up on two targets to make sure you dont have any drop off and get more ticks of drain soul in. Missing old SB-SS atm.
    I have been practicing with it right now taking note that with a heroic or mythic trinket will make this harder, but it is possible to weave in drain soul during darksoul to extend haunts on all 3 targets. Another thing you can do during dark soul is use SB:SS to reapply dots if you ever hit 4 shards to prevent wasting procs and to refresh everything with less globals go keep higher drain soul uptime.
    Kapelusz of Encore

Okay so call me crazy but I've been sort of messing around with ServServ affliction...
    I don't know if it's good or not but I'm seeing similar numbers to SB:H with the 4pc and Arch trinket and I think a better Warlock could see even better numbers than me.

So, basically my thinking is this in a sort of rough guide way:

Use haunt when you get a proc, ring or shadowmoon insignia probably
    Obviously every 2 minutes Serv: Doomguard + Dark Soul
    Use SB:SS when you do your 2 minute Doomguard burst with Dark Soul up. It lines up so you can refresh both Corruption and Unstable Affliction without clipping. Allowing you to keep higher uptime on Drain Soul extending Dark Soul as long as possible. I've found I can get around 2 Soul Swaps off during this time and keep Dark Soul going well past my Servitude pet

maybe someone else has tried something similar or is willing to give it a shot. Probably unlikely it will beat SB:Haunt but who knows
    Last edited by zvvl; 2015-05-15 at 07:11 PM.

With the tier 2pc will Affliction favor the DS glyph?

I highly doubt serv/serv aff will beat SB: Haunt single target. If serv/serv is better than sup/SB: Haunt on the PTR then why isn't it better on live? The Arch trinket is only going to put SB: Haunt further ahead of serv/serv. Archimonde trink buffs DoT damage, making SB: Haunt even better. Yeah haste increases Doom Guard damage but it also increases number of DoT ticks which are then buffed by SB: Haunt and Haunt. Haste would have to scale way better with our pets than with our personal damage and at I can almost promise you that they scale evenly.

As for demonbolt outshining serv/serv for demo this tier, I highly doubt it. People keep using the argument that all our other spells got nerfed so demonbolt will be viable again. The only way the tier 100 talents were nerfed was the nerf to our mastery which hurts demonbolt more than it hurts serv. The 2 pc buffs servs playstyle more than it buffs demonbolts. Serv/serv will give you more damage during the legendary on use that, reguardless of what blizz says, will be used on CD 9 times out of 10. The only thing I can say is that demonbolt's playstyle is easier, and will therefore probably make it better for people who just can't get good with demo's rotation. Haven't done a lot of demo testing yet, but I don't plan on it until they fix the 4 pc for demo.

Glyph of Soul Swap will be extra helpful in HFC to help prevent wasting shards during your DS. You'll likely not need to haunt when you have DS up so you can spend a shard to inhale some fresh DoTs and exhale them onto a target later on.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

just did a very short try out on dummies and i just whammed SB+SS on the target whilst having DS to have more DS uptime. worked fine :P (maybe not correct, but feels more smooth with a Archi trinket)
    made by Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruxa View Post
    just did a very short try out on dummies and i just whammed SB+SS on the target whilst having DS to have more DS uptime. worked fine :P (maybe not correct, but feels more smooth with a Archi trinket)
    I haven't been able to get onto the PTR for a couple of weeks (finally have time to sit down and do a clean re-install), but I fancy trying out Affliction with Cataclysm on fights with 3-4 constant targets.

Less taxation on shards from Haunting Spirits should allow more liberal use of Soul Swap.

Again, this is just an idea.

So now that we've tested every boss I really feel like warlock as a class is in a very good place. It's a shame that demo had to get nerfed so much but I understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a good feeling about Destruction there, especially with that "healer" trinket being so ridiculously good and 2pc being very good really, but the fact that Archimonde's Trinket is practically useless for CR Destruction is quite puzzling with me.

Deleted
    I could not try the ptr. Where we are in overall damage from all bosses? We have a good damage with destro spec ?