Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Brainstorming: Buff Food

Felmouth Frenzy
    Item Level 90
    Use: Restores 170000 health and (42500 / 5 * 20.000000) mana over 20 sec. Must remain seated while eating. If you spend at least 10 seconds eating you will become well fed and gain a chance to periodically unleash a volley of fel bolts while attacking.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=127991/felmouth-frenzy

I'm fishing tons of these fishies while farming Felblight and today when I was farming apexis crystals I decided to use it. I was expecting some weak lame ass help from it but after a while I was surprised. The effect from the food seems to occassionally shoot 3-7 bolts of fel magic that each does around 3k damage. It procs fairly often and seems to be around 3-5% of my total dps.

I'm wondering if its better than 125 stat buff food.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tread View Post
    Felmouth Frenzy
    Item Level 90
    Use: Restores 170000 health and (42500 / 5 * 20.000000) mana over 20 sec. Must remain seated while eating. If you spend at least 10 seconds eating you will become well fed and gain a chance to periodically unleash a volley of fel bolts while attacking.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=127991/felmouth-frenzy

I'm fishing tons of these fishies while farming Felblight and today when I was farming apexis crystals I decided to use it. I was expecting some weak lame ass help from it but after a while I was surprised. The effect from the food seems to occassionally shoot 3-7 bolts of fel magic that each does around 3k damage. It procs fairly often and seems to be around 3-5% of my total dps.

I'm wondering if its better than 125 stat buff food.
    Doubt its better but for occasional outdoor content we have it could be useful if you do not want to waste 125 food.

10+ Year Old Account
    125 mastery is around 1.5% DPS increase for CR destruction... so if Felmouth Frenzy is indeed a 3% boost, then it is superior...

Question is what happens in AoE or cleave situation, though. If Felmouth is pure single target then it's not that good at all.

For me it clocks ~2% of my damage in pure ST situation. It does not crit and does not multistrike and is not affected by mastery (Demo/Destruction).

No idea how it interacts with cleave/AoE.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2015-06-27 at 09:13 PM.

Deleted
    the higher your geear the lower the bonus the fel leash gives. Atm its a bit above 2% in ST and 3% in aoe situation, at least for me

Deleted
    since the felmouth food is a bit rng'y it differs quite a bit. ive had it do 3,5% of my overall dmg and ive had it do 1,5% of my over all dmg wit that in mind i would say that it might be slightly superior on ST but not on aoe and with the majority of fights being aoe'ish you'd prolly be better to stick with the 125 food but i can see it being worth using on a few fights in hfc.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does not matter if its AoE or not, it consistently beats Sleeper Sushi.

If anything, the fact that it fires in bursts makes it even better, because extra 1% on a priority add that needs to die is not noticeable, but what amounts to incinerate crit proccing actually is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It does not matter if its AoE or not, it consistently beats Sleeper Sushi.

If anything, the fact that it fires in bursts makes it even better, because extra 1% on a priority add that needs to die is not noticeable, but what amounts to incinerate crit proccing actually is.
    lol try and convince your raidleader that its better, ill have a hard time, mine is very gung-ho about us using 125 food, i doubt he'll be easily convinced but id love to say "unlike the other locks that use 125 food, i prefer to use BiS food" would crack me. im sure it will get nerfed if its better than sleeper sushi tho, its exceedingly easy to get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    lol try and convince your raidleader that its better, ill have a hard time, mine is very gung-ho about us using 125 food, i doubt he'll be easily convinced but id love to say "unlike the other locks that use 125 food, i prefer to use BiS food" would crack me. im sure it will get nerfed if its better than sleeper sushi tho, its exceedingly easy to get.
    Then your raid leader is a moron, if it's doing 2-3% of your damage consistently it's plain better

10+ Year Old Account
    What's to convince there? We are a guild of 50 people running 2 mythic groups at the same time, if I or other Warlock for our team say it's good, then team leader accepts it because ultimately we deliver excellent damage and gameplay.

The moment we said it's better is the moment our team leader accepts it, because we are not talking bullshit and he knows it - he knows our performance and learned to trust our choices.

If someone has mutual trust issues with guild leadership, then it's their problem.

Deleted
    Interesting to see'f blizzard let this sit. Currently sat on a veritable mountain of fat sleepers since I'd been hunting lunkers. Going to be a pain to switch into these fish, especially since you can't get fel lunkers.

Your raid leader isn't fit to lead if his leadership calls are based on guesswork as opposed to facts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Interesting to see'f blizzard let this sit. Currently sat on a veritable mountain of fat sleepers since I'd been hunting lunkers. Going to be a pain to switch into these fish, especially since you can't get fel lunkers.
    You can get Felmouth Lunkers: http://www.wowhead.com/item=127994/f...-frenzy-lunker

10+ Year Old Account
    So I decided to do some math with the latest Simcraft around this food. Disclaimer: This is a fairly specific set of tests and doesn't necessarily represent anything intelligent so take with a grain of salt.

Our guild is mostly around ilvl 695-700 currently. I loaded several of our "real" players, and set the settings in Simcraft to the "Beastlord" profile (simply because I think sims like that are more relevant than Patchwerk sims). I also set the Player Skill level to "good" (because I'm human and trip over my fingers occasionally). I first ran a sim with the Simcraft default food for the class, then changed it to Felmouth Frenzy.

Overall, here were my results for different classes:

Destruction Warlock - DPS LOSS
    Enhancement Shaman - DPS LOSS
    Windwalker Monk - DPS LOSS

Marksmanship Hunter - EQUIV
    Unholy Death Knight - EQUIV

Elemental Shaman - DPS GAIN (500DPS)
    Arcane Mage - DPS GAIN (500DPS)
    Arms Warrior - DPS GAIN (minor, 150DPS)
    Retribution Paladin - DPS GAIN (500DPS)
    Balance Druid - DPS GAIN (Minor, 150DPS)

Fire Mage - (very minor) DPS GAIN
    Shadow Priest - DPS GAIN (600DPS)

With regards to Destro, I notice Simcraft generates a much higher stat weight for Mastery in more "realistic" sims as compared to patchwerk sims, and this is what I account to the reason it is a DPS loss there.

Take this with a grain of salt but happy to supply the actual toons used if anyone wants to doublecheck the numbers. Overall, a good percentage of our raiders will be switching to use this in our raid this week. Doesn't hurt that right now many people think it's garbage so it's available in infinite number on AH for next to nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK checked with mine, it goes like this

Patchwerk, Cleave and Single Target with Movement - gain of 200-250 DPS
    Trash and AoE phases - loss of 900 DPS

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    How did you SIM this? Wowhead does not list the chance of the Fel Lash proc on no page associated with the fish, the buff or the proc (4 pages in total)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    How did you SIM this? Wowhead does not list the chance of the Fel Lash proc on no page associated with the fish, the buff or the proc (4 pages in total)?
    Used a beta version of Simcraft with support for the Felmouth Frenzy. If you go to the downloads page on simulationcraft.org there is a link to more recent builds than the "release version". I used 620-02.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demondep View Post
    Used a beta version of Simcraft with support for the Felmouth Frenzy. If you go to the downloads page on simulationcraft.org there is a link to more recent builds than the "release version". I used 620-02.
    Still doesn't answer my question. What is the proc chance for Felmouth Frenzy? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Deleted
    Regarding the Sleeper Sushi vs. Felmouth Frenzy debate, I've been testing over the last few days with an ilevel 698 Charred Remains destro lock.
    These were my results:

Sleeper Sushi
    610 dps

Felmouth Frenzy
    Between 617 and 1,160 dps

Average was 760 dps ~ 1.75% total damage

Did not 'AoE' proc, dropped to ~0.46% of my overall damage during heavy AoE.

Conclusions

On average, Felmouth Frenzy did 150 more dps than Sleeper Sushi.
    If you have similar gear to me and you play CR destro, Felmouth Frenzy is likely the winner.
    This applies to all HFC fights with exception to Socrethar if you are on ghost duty where Sleeper Sushi becomes approximately 3.5 times more beneficial.

Disclaimer - Conclusions are specific to 698 CR destro lock with my gear and setup and is by no means to be taken as a general rule. The jury is still out on how it scales vs. Sleeper Sushi at lower or higher gear levels.

On that note, I discovered that the base damage the bolts do is indeed based on your gear so if somebody does that maths, we can tell how well Felmouth Frenzy scales at lower or higher ilevels.

I also found that the proc does snapshot based on your BONUS spellpower at a 1:1 ratio. i.e. if you have 345 bonus spellpower, the bolts will each do 345 extra damage. This applies most commonly to Archmage's Incandescence, the legendary ring proc and to bonus spellpower trinkets as well as the orc racial Blood Fury.

Tests were run on full raid nights in HFC heroic, SimCraft, and on target dummies with as many variables as I could think of.
    Hope this has helped.
    Last edited by mmoc736252d6e9; 2015-07-07 at 01:37 PM.

Deleted
    on a fight like socrethar, being on ghost duty etc., im still getting a good amount of dmg, usually around 2% overall dmg, i would say felmouth atm is overall better than 125 food but not by much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Still doesn't answer my question. What is the proc chance for Felmouth Frenzy? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
    i would assume its rppm as it procs off havoc and generally only rppm procs off that.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    on a fight like socrethar, being on ghost duty etc., im still getting a good amount of dmg, usually around 2% overall dmg, i would say felmouth atm is overall better than 125 food but not by much.

- - - Updated - - -

i would assume its rppm as it procs off havoc and generally only rppm procs off that.

RPPM seems like a possibility. Now to find how many procs per minute. How does that beta simcraft version calculates it though?

Is there any update for if this food is recommended over 125 stat food? I've noticed that at least on the Affliction sims on Simcraft, they have Felmouth Frenzy being used. Then again it has Destruction using 125 Crit food...