Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    We don't want less content, WoD is a big enough disappointment as it is, but there is no iron horde left, and Gul'Dan called in Legion reinforcements (and recycled some other guys), and we curb stomp them too, there is nothing left to kill on Draenor!

Simply put: anything worth the effort of killing on Draenor will be dead by the end of 6.2, we might get a filler-patch with Farahlon and some dailies there (To fill the time until 7.0), but we're clean out of warlords.
    And? When Blizzard announced Warlords they said that the Iron Horde storyline was going to be wrapped up before the end of the expansion. (Actually it may have been immediately following that Blizzcon, I believe it was Chris Metzen who said it?)

We'll just have to wait and see. I'm confident enough that WoD isn't done after 6.2 and that more content other than filler will be released. And hey if I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I doubt it very much.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    We don't want less content, WoD is a big enough disappointment as it is, but there is no iron horde left, and Gul'Dan called in Legion reinforcements (and recycled some other guys), and we curb stomp them too, there is nothing left to kill on Draenor!

Simply put: anything worth the effort of killing on Draenor will be dead by the end of 6.2, we might get a filler-patch with Farahlon and some dailies there (To fill the time until 7.0), but we're clean out of warlords.
    There is still Cho'gall's mysterious master.

Also Ephial's master. Maybe it was Kel'Thuzad, who comes to Draenor and resurrects Ner'zhul, making him the new Lich King, next raid we fight the Scourge 2.0.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chase123 View Post
    I dont think they're stupid enough to repeat what happened with 5.4 again. They saw what happened to the numbers during that time.
    Sorry you forgotten tbc, icc, soo and what they said EVERYTIME afterwards?.... yes, 6.2 is the end, thankfully!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chase123 View Post
    Well the numbers never plummeted during ICC. I'm glad more players are unsubbing during content droughts to force them to release content faster, and a year long patch will cause that again.
    No it wont now that players can continue playing with just paying in gold....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post

Also Ephial's master. Maybe it was Kel'Thuzad, who comes to Draenor and resurrects Ner'zhul, making him the new Lich King, next raid we fight the Scourge 2.0.
    They could ressurect Grom too, making him the last boss. Or an Old God of Draenor saves him.

Either way, I'll be disappointed if we don't at least see Farahlon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post

Besides Cho'Gall Mystery master, and the giant flying castle of Arrakoa, there is nothing else to do.

I'm not seeing Scourge 2.0 out of nowhere... but... We also didn't see Mists of Pandaria coming lol..

So yeah it all depends on how this ends with archimonde and Grom.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I can barely handle the amount of stupid in that post except to say this. Grom dies in Hellfire Citadel. There is no other tier involving the Iron Horde. There is no one left. The expansion is over. Stay in your denial I don't really care but WoD is, thank fucking god, over.
    oh you suppose only cause he is tortured he will die there? there is no fucking proof about that! and no some voice files were he actually is not dying aren't proof enough... oh and fyi blizzard did not state that the iron horde is the final boss but grommash. this has nothing to do with the state of the iron horde. he got kicked out of it by gul'dan, who is the iron hordes new leader/warchief (legendary cinematic any1?)

https://youtu.be/6mydjaH_HIE?t=11m35s

bolvar got tortured too in icc and guess what, he did not die... he became the new fucking lich king. i served you more than enough evidence that hellfire citadel is not the last raid of wod. see ya in 6.4 wenn grommash gets killed/defeated

and a little spoiler/guess for what is coming in the next expansion: we will have some sort of re-meeting with the lich king. gul'dan has more then enough clues about MU and probably knows about ner'zhuls fait there...
    Last edited by cool_freezer; 2015-04-15 at 09:54 AM.

Why are the Legendary Rings a strong indication? There are many mid expansion legendarys in WoW. Just because the Iron Horde is done does not mean Blizz can make something up just to extend the expansion. As long as Blizzard did not say that Patch 6.2 is the last patch of this expansion there is no proof. The only thing they ever said was that they think about doing only 2 raid tiers. Blizz also said we would get Major Cities and Faralorn and other shit this expansion. Did they scrap all that stuff? Yes.

So don´t be so stubborn and open yourself to other possibilitys.

only because we get the ring NOW does not mean that the quest stops now and blizzard will not be able to upgrade it again or anything like that... so stop saying that the ring is proof enough for 6.2 being the last tier of content in wod...

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    OMG 150,000 apexis crystal mount. I hope that's a placeholder number >.>
    There is nothing else to spend them on and you have about a year to save up.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tornment View Post
    Why are the Legendary Rings a strong indication? There are many mid expansion legendarys in WoW. Just because the Iron Horde is done does not mean Blizz can make something up just to extend the expansion. As long as Blizzard did not say that Patch 6.2 is the last patch of this expansion there is no proof. The only thing they ever said was that they think about doing only 2 raid tiers. Blizz also said we would get Major Cities and Faralorn and other shit this expansion. Did they scrap all that stuff? Yes.

So don´t be so stubborn and open yourself to other possibilitys.
    They could always add a small continuation of the quest to unlock a socket and gem or something on the ring with a new effect or really good stats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    There is nothing else to spend them on and you have about a year to save up.
    Garrison missions alone are enough to get that many by the end of the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Because the new style for legendary quest lines is to make them take the entire expansion. See the cloak from mists.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, but you won't be upgrading the ring again. If you WERE going to be able to it wouldn't be legendary. It would be epic like the one you are wearing now.
    I want to say there was a blue Tweet/post somewhere that said they were thinking about having the legendary ring mid-expansion so people would be able to use it throughout the entire expansion, rather than get it when there's no more content for people to use it on. It doesn't mean that this is the end of the expansion because we happened to get it at the end of last expansion.

I truly doubt this is the end of WoD, though. The most we've seen of Archimonde was a toy with a few sentences about Draenei, Kil'jaeden, and souls. That's hardly enough interaction for the final boss of the expansion - especially considering people have always complained about the frequency of final/more important bosses showing up throughout the expansion.
    -People said in BC that Illidan didn't show up enough, and that KJ came out of nowhere.
    -Some people felt that Arthas showed up too much in Wrath, others said they liked seeing him around every corner.
    -A lot of people felt that Deathwing was everywhere between him randomly burning zones, during quests in Twilight Highlands, hearing about him in almost every 80+ zone in Cata, and other zones (ex: Kezan).
    -People seemed to feel (at the time, myself included) that the frequency of Garrosh showing up in MoP was appropriate, because when he did show up it was more important. But many people still didn't like Garrosh as a character.

It would just be strange to have Archimonde show up and be the big bad in this expansion. Gul'dan was always the one just beyond our grasp, chuckling in the shadows. It's not entirely crazy to think that Gul'dan would escape after the Hellfire raid, and we would have to chase him down. My best guess is that we'd go to Farah'lon and Tempest Keep would show up, and we'd have to chase after him to a Legion world (though, I'd rather it not be Argus before we see it in our timeline - perhaps Xoroth?). Farah'lon would be a quest hub and Timeless Isle-type hub where we'd have to drive back the remaining Legion forces on Draenor. Kil'jaeden would be part of the end raid, but Gul'dan would be the ultimate end boss, who we'd defeat with the help of Grom and Khadgar.

Not to mention we haven't seen Wrathion or his "plan" yet, and we certainly haven't seen the Infinite Dragonflight that showed up in Garrosh's trial and assisted in bringing this expansion into reality.

Besides, imagine the shitstorm if they only had two tiers of raids, since people would have paid more money for the expansion with less content.
    Last edited by Destinas; 2015-04-15 at 10:40 AM.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Given how the legendary questline has gone so far, Gul'dan will probably be finished off in that. It'd be a bit of a cop-out if he didn't or if he escaped, because "let's kill Gul'dan" is what the whole fucking thing is about. There's almost no chance that this isn't the final raid of the expansion; the Iron Horde is well and truly fucked beyond fucked, all of the Warlords except Grom are going to be dead, Grom himself will probably die and they're using up Tanaan Jungle, which could only leave us with a weird-ass island situation to play with. Unless they're game to whip up a new villain or try to revisit the Iron Horde in an incredibly contrived way, we're done here.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2015-04-15 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post

Besides, imagine the shitstorm if they only had two tiers of raids, since people would have paid more money for the expansion with less content.
    Blizzard have publicly toyed with that idea for WoD, though, as a part of their "faster expansions" plan. Only having two raid tiers certainly wouldn't be a surprise .

Except they said all the way back in August of last year that this expansion would be 2 tiers and a new expac in 1-1.5 years. http://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcra...endary-1132902. So it's not like this should be a surprise to anyone or even a debate.

Any points you bring up that are based on lore don't hold water. Lore isn't the first priority when it comes to WoW.
    Actually, in the interview he says that they'd like to have yearly expansions, and goes about explaining how it could happen. They interviewer says something along the lines of "Oh, so only two raid tiers then?" to which Tom Chilton says "Yes, in theory". That isn't a definite "yes this will be two raid tiers" - it's a general idea of what they'd like if they can manage to do yearly expansions.

It should also be noted that he stated Grom would be the last boss of the expansion, as well, which doesn't seem to be the case (whether or not 6.2 is the last patch).

It could really go either way. The people who are insisting this HAS to be the end are just as in the dark as the people who are insisting it will not be. The only people who can confirm or deny are Blizzard...not people extrapolating from a quest being finished and sound name files that can't even be listened to yet. Literally no one here knows for sure what happens to Grommash in the Archimonde fight yet and saying "he sounds like he could be dying, gg end of expansion" is foolish. Only time will tell, not forum people's wild predictions and expectations.

Keep dreaming. There won't be another raid after 6.2. If there is I'll eat my words and resub to the expansion.
    No dream, there. Only stating facts in the interview you presented.

Keep dreaming. There won't be another raid after 6.2. If there is I'll eat my words and resub to the expansion. Every single indicator points to this being the end of the expansion.
    It would be a bold move to end the expansion so early, just because we are finished with the rings and are now finishing off the Legion does not mean that the expansion is coming to an end.

We still have to take into account that Gul'dan, Grommash and Kil'jaeden are still out there, things that we still need to rectify before this stage of the game comes to a close.

10+ Year Old Account
    And what about Netherstorm? In Outland we have Netherstorm location full of Void creatures. And Tempest Keep, of course.

There is no Netherstorm in Draenor.

But in Alliance garrison Town hall you can find a Draenor map on the wall. With some kind of island on the place of Netherstorm.

Maybe something about Void and Cho`Gal`s "mysterious master" will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Actually, in the interview he says that they'd like to have yearly expansions, and goes about explaining how it could happen. They interviewer says something along the lines of "Oh, so only two raid tiers then?" to which Tom Chilton says "Yes, in theory". That isn't a definite "yes this will be two raid tiers" - it's a general idea of what they'd like if they can manage to do yearly expansions.

It should also be noted that he stated Grom would be the last boss of the expansion, as well, which doesn't seem to be the case (whether or not 6.2 is the last patch).
    You're kidding yourself if you think the Blizzard developers (or any smart developers with a...passionate fanbase) will ever say anything definite. People on the forums will rip them to shreds if they promise anything then can't deliver. They learned a long time ago not to promise anything and to hedge everything with maybes and possibilies and theoretically and "We'd like to..."

Not saying they are wrong for doing that, but when I see these kinds of arguments, I have to shake my head a bit. What he meant (I'm assuming) is that their plan is for a 2 tier, 1 year expansion cycle. That means faster content, more players stick around, and more expansion sales. It's win win for everyone involved (except maybe our wallets).

Edit - To the post above about netherstorm; there could be a zone like netherstorm, but the only reason it's nether-y and void-y is because of some lore reason that I don't know. It would make no sense for a Netherstorm to exist in Draenor in any form that resembles anything like what's in Outland. I read this in another post, so I don't know all the details. I know nothing about lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    And what about Netherstorm? In Outland we have Netherstorm location full of Void creatures. And Tempest Keep, of course.

There is no Netherstorm in Draenor.

But in Alliance garrison Town hall you can find a Draenor map on the wall. With some kind of island on the place of Netherstorm.

Maybe something about Void and Cho`Gal`s "mysterious master" will happen.
    That is Farahlon. Garrison missions state it is very difficult to find and get to as it is protected by magical barriers and what not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU