Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    I don't think Grommash / Gul'dan is going to be the final boss. Gul'dan is going to be caught during the legendary quest (where he will escape for 7.x IMO) and Grommash is going to be saved and going to join the Horde / will be a secret boss and get rekt by top guilds.
    I think this is the most likely thing to happen.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IxilaFA View Post
    Just a correction on your part, technically what you're saying you do want is a reskin. A recolor is what the new mounts are: same model, mostly same effects, just different colors. A reskin is when a mount re-uses the same skeleton but has different things on the outside. For example, a Jinyu is a "reskin" of a Night Elf. Same animations and structure, but the outside looks totally different. Sorry for that minor correction.
    No, thank you for the correction. Mistake on my part, a reskin is exactly what i want.

Deleted
    just noticed this area in the Hellfire Citadel called "Grommash's Torment"

So here is my prediction. This will most likely be the final tier of the expansion as it would have netted 3 raids and 2 tiers. May possibly leave room for another raid but definitely not another tier. And last raid would be a smaller number of bosses just as the beginning was...so that the two middle raids serve as the meat of the expansion and the two on the ends are the opener and closer. As to what will happen with grommash and gul'dan i suspect they need a way to tie us back into azeroth proper. Possibly gul'dan working with grommash to find some other way besides the dark portal to get to azeroth and us having to stop them. The story needs to be completed. Or perhaps they do make it to our reality and plan on changing things which forces us to come back to our time and place to stop them. Whatever they do I would take bets that they are the lynchpins in getting us back to azeroth. Dont forget this is just a temporary diversion, this version of draenor. Our draenor still has become outlands and suffered being sundered.
    The big hole with this expansion is the complete lack of any Titan artifacts. We have the burning legion but there is not even the smallest remnant of a connection to the world making Titans. Nor any mention of their counterparts the old ones. Which then infers that their are more powerful and deeper rooted forces that we may need to take heed of other than those two factions. Can the burning legion be even more of a Celestial force than either the Titans or the Old Ones. If this is so, what of the ever mysterious Light. How will these ideas play out in future expansions. This all makes for a whole lot of interesting possibilities for the future of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    It looks like we will be getting 3 tiers after all, considering Gul'dan (or Grommash) are not bosses in Hellfire Citadel, and Archimonde is the final boss for 6.2. His mythic mount drop looks awesome too!
    This doesn't mean anything.

They could simply be pulling an MGS2 and have Gul'Dan take off for Azaroth.

Honestly, given how there's so much rehashed lore - I've been saying for a while now that they'll have Gul'Dan head to the tomb of Sargeras in our Azaroth - and that will lead us into a Naga-based expansion (since the tomb is quite well under the sea...)

I've listened through the audio files on Wowhead and although nothing with archimonde in it seems to play, I can say that Grom is being tortured, resists, thanks for freeing him, and tells us to fuck off so he can make a trophy out of his torturer's skull or something, and also that Gul'dan resurrects Mannoroth to keep us busy while he goes to summon Archimonde.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Legions End would be a good one.
    Nah, that should be for the actual Legion expansion. It also has to be about the Iron Horde. Something along the lines of Bloodbreaker or Vanquisher of Fel Iron.

Uh... The Rustbringer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Of course we did, that's not the point. The point is that the bad guys we've been building up and preparing to fight aren't even fights. They failed to build up Illidan and KJ enough in TBC, went overboard on the LK in Wrath, and attempted the same with Deathwing and Garrosh.

We've been expecting to fight Grommash and Gul'dan this whole expansion. Whatever Legion twist we were expecting, not fighting EITHER of them isn't what we expected.
    I would really like it if a major antagonist could survive for more than a few patches this time around. Blizzard are chewing through all of their villains without really creating any new ones, and if at least Gul'dan survives this expansion might actually play a bigger role in WoW's story at large.

Listening to the sound files its cool that we dont get to fight Grom but i wonder what happens to grom when this is finished?

I bet this is gonna be another huge plot thread blizz is totally gonna ignore except maybe in a another crappy book

While this all looks like the finality, and a good one at that, this is the first xpac since BC where we dont know who the final enemy is. I mean, the instant ICC, DS and SoO were datamined you knew that was the end.

But here? I want to see what Blizzard's response is to the innevitable "is this the finak tier?" questions. How will they handle that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    They'll probably say yes because it clearly is the final tier. Saying otherwise at this point as more information is datamined just becomes an effort at denial.
    Well we'll know for sure if a cinematic gets datamined/teased.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Although I'm really pissed about the 2 tiers, I think this is going to be the final one.

The only one that can be Equal to Archimonde as final boss is Kil'jaeden, nd, if we actually have a 3rd tier, it's going to be him, maybe in Farahlon, but pretty much impossible at this point.

OOOOOR, maybe that's going to happen, and we have another legendary not related with the ring, a weapon, hopefully.

I DO WANT A 3RD FUCKING TIER, GOD D':

Deleted
    nevermind... delete, plz.

sorry.
    Last edited by mmocc182f786f2; 2015-04-14 at 05:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this expansion goes down with none of the "warlords of draenor" in the final raid. Their story telling is even worse than I thought it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    And what will he get from the tomb that Illidan didn't already obtain in the MU? The tomb of sargeras is emptied of anything of value. All he'll find is a few skeletons of Wardens that Illidan sealed in it.
    It was a joke. I don't think they'll really do a naga expansion. I think they'll seqwey into a Legion expansion and beat that horse for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    If this expansion goes down with none of the "warlords of draenor" in the final raid. Their story telling is even worse than I thought it was.
    Well Groms in the raid according to the voice files but we rescue him not kill him. As for the rest of the warlords they are all dead except kilrogg and he is in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I mean be that as it may with an underwhelming expansion it's still 99% likely that this is the end. Which I'm so ready for because we need to get the fuck off Draenor. I really hope Blizzard learned their lesson in regards to staying the hell away from time travel expansions.
    Honestly, I don't mind Time Travel as an idea for an expansion at all. What I did mind was how they hyped up how incredibly dangerous the Iron Horde was and kept emphasizing how this was a "suicide mission" and "so incredibly savage" and we land in a world in which we almost immediately get interdimensional backup through portals, have plenty of workers building for us and the planet isn't particularly more dangerous than Azeroth. I mean, hell, they tried to make elementals seem more "savage" by calling them "Furies" and having Khadgar comment on how "primal they are" but our elemental lords kill the crap out of you if you so much as peak into their realm when they don't need help and then *sigh*... the Draenic elemental lords are like "Sup bro, wanna hang out and work on our problems for us kthx."

On topic though, I imagine Grommosh is just going to end up getting killed outside the raid or be part of a boss fight revealed closer to release.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Seems pretty clear that 6.2 is the final raid tier. Too many things pointing at that, not to mention I don't really know where they could go from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I see evidence contradicting your statement with the fact that we finish the legendary ring. We don't know anything about guldan other then A) Mannoroth is here and was giving gul'dan the orders B) the hellfire citadel is corrupted by gul'dans energies.

Grom isn't a threat anymore. He has been removed from the iron horde and betrayed by kilrogg. . However, I don't see a third raid happening. Where would it take place even? Who would we fight? Even if gul'dan is not in the citadel, he has no forces of his own to fight us with. He has no fortress of his own either. There is nothing left and he has nothing on his own to fight us with.
    Maybe, just maybe, there is a turn around and Grom Hellscream joins anew. Then has another son in our Timeline, named Garrosh. So he gets another chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    It looks like we will be getting 3 tiers after all, considering Gul'dan (or Grommash) are not bosses in Hellfire Citadel, and Archimonde is the final boss for 6.2. His mythic mount drop looks awesome too!
    With the next Xpac likely being released in Q1 2016 to tie in with the movie, and with the HFC raid being done, and the legendary ring finished, and the invasion stopped, there isn't going to be time or need for a 6.4

We'll get a 6.3...possibly Farahlon...but this will be a two tier Xpac.

What we have got with the ships blueprints is a VERY strong indication that the next boss will be Azshara.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    With the next Xpac likely being released in Q1 2016 to tie in with the movie, and with the HFC raid being done, and the legendary ring finished, and the invasion stopped, there isn't going to be time or need for a 6.4

We'll get a 6.3...possibly Farahlon...but this will be a two tier Xpac.

What we have got with the ships blueprints is a VERY strong indication that the next boss will be Azshara.

EJL
    There are no reasons to believe that the next expansion is going to be in Q1 of 2016. I mean, come on. We have No announcements on it at this time which means alpha testing and beta testing havent even begun. It would have to be announced really darn fast, like within days, in order to get in in Q1 of 2016 which at the latest is 9months away.

Second, the ships could mean any number of things. They could all be air ships, or our way into tanaan if the land route is too heavily blocked / guarded. It doesn't indicate anything anymore then Grom not dieing. I mean, why would we build ships on alternate draenor to go face an, as of yet, non threat target that hasn't made any appearance or indications of showing up? Why would We be the ones building the ships for such an attack vs the leaders of the horde / alliance. You know, the ones with the Armies to back up the ships.

Everything is pointing to a gap as long as what we had between MoP and WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?